• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Potential abilities for Hilda
-Summon Yuga
-upside down triforce as final smash
-take out her staff for taunts
-or use staff like Palutena
-as an echo, she still has to use similar magic powers to Zelda (almost identical)
-use dark vines to trap foes
-teleport

Alts
-possessed Zelda from TP
-ALBW princess Zelda inspired costume
-Ravio
-Yuga
-Yuga Ganon
-Green
-Red

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Sad. No more Hilda talk :/ despite her chances I hope people don’t suddenly forget her.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's a slow period in general for speculation for right now. Hoping something exciting comes up soon.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I just had an epiphany the other day:

Toon Zelda was planned to be in Brawl, so that goes to show Sakurai considered giving Zelda a clone/echo in the past. He most likely didn't go through with it due to Toon Zelda's smaller proportions as well as time constraints to adjust her. Fast forward to today, we now have the concept of echos as well as a character from a well-received Zelda game that looks exactly like Zelda in Ultimate. He's definitely aware of ALBW (and most likely Hilda) since he based Zelda's design in Ultimate on said game and there are several ALBW music tracks in SSB4.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but I think Hilda has a decent chance of appearing as an echo.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wait till October. If things are gonna be the way it was with Smash 4, there should be a Direct next month and things will wrap up in November. It's gonna be released early December so a flood of info shouldn't be long from now. I imagine Spirits will be the last thing they announce before we get open cinematics and a launch trailer.

There's also not much to talk about a Zelda clone since we already know much of what she'll do.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
I just had an epiphany the other day:

Toon Zelda was planned to be in Brawl, so that goes to show Sakurai considered giving Zelda a clone/echo in the past. He most likely didn't go through with it due to Toon Zelda's smaller proportions as well as time constraints to adjust her. Fast forward to today, we now have the concept of echos as well as a character from a well-received Zelda game that looks exactly like Zelda in Ultimate. He's definitely aware of ALBW (and most likely Hilda) since he based Zelda's design in Ultimate on said game and there are several ALBW music tracks in SSB4.

Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but I think Hilda has a decent chance of appearing as an echo.
Thanks for making me hopeful again! I had heard that ALBW was one of Sakurai’s favorite Zelda games but couldn’t find it anywhere online. I’m sure he’s aware of Hilda but at the same time back in 2015 Hilda probably did poorly in smash polls and not until now she gained decent popularity... but I won’t give up hope and I hope she makes it as DLC at least.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
All I know is that Sakurai has some curve balls left, as shown by Isabelle being unique. Here’s hoping Hilda is one of those remaining curve balls.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
All I know is that Sakurai has some curve balls left, as shown by Isabelle being unique. Here’s hoping Hilda is one of those remaining curve balls.
Hoping!! Because now everyone seems to think the general “Ken, Shadow, incineroar and Dixie are left”

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I'm hoping for Hilda is that she may have started off as an alt for Zelda but in development, got promoted. Like how Lucina and Dark Pit did last time.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
What I'm hoping for Hilda is that she may have started off as an alt for Zelda but in development, got promoted. Like how Lucina and Dark Pit did last time.
That what’s I wanted too until it was pointed out to me that Zelda never had a Hilda alt costume only a dark Zelda one. Despite this I think that it’s major that Zelda is using the LBW/LTTP design and the fact that they could have used any other princess Zelda design (OOT, TP, SS, or even an adult form of minish cap or four swords) and yet Sakurai wanted this one specifically in the SAME smash game where echoes are a big thing.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So Yoshi has a plush costume for his upcoming game, Link has his tunic + hat that's eventually found in Breath of the Wild, Robin & Corrin have their female variants, and Mario has costumes to rep his last games but Zelda doesn't have a Hilda pallette despite coming from Link Between Worlds. Is it safe to say that Hilda is a shoe-in?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Yoshi has a plush costume for his upcoming game, Link has his tunic + hat that's eventually found in Breath of the Wild, Robin & Corrin have their female variants, and Mario has costumes to rep his last games but Zelda doesn't have a Hilda pallette despite coming from Link Between Worlds. Is it safe to say that Hilda is a shoe-in?
Well it's safe to say she's not an alt costume.

Nothing beyond that is certain but given Zelda doesn't have Hilda Palette, we can at least say that Hilda was probably planned. Still, fingers crossed.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I would hope so. Specifically using that Zelda when she has so many different versions to choose from has to mean something.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I gave Hilda a 60% chance back a few months ago (after E3) and she was in my opinion the 3rd most likely Echo fighter behind Dark Samus and Chrom. The latter two got confirmed, so I hope Hilda will be revealed next. I am pretty confident she has a big chance, the fact that they chose ALBW-Zelda instead of TP- or BotW-Zelda works in Hilda's favour.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
I would hope so. Specifically using that Zelda when she has so many different versions to choose from has to mean something.
I mean yes, they could have gone with Skyward Sword Zelda (white dress fits the magical abilities) or BOTW (royal dress or white dress). They even could have made a less chibi version of Zelda from Minish Cap or Four Swords but yet they chose to go with ALTTP/ALBW.

I mean Sakurai HAD to be aware of Hilda and the resemblance this new Zelda has with her....I really hope at least she makes it in as an alt if not an echo.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Hilda is a character I wanted to see in Hyrule Warriors but was not disappointed with Ravio and Yuga. Zelda's new design and mannerisms can't be a coincidence; Hilda is her polar opposite, absolutely perfect for this new echo fighter thing to contrast with Zelda this time around. While I do think A Link Between Worlds is a little underwhelming, the counterparts to the main trio were too good to not use again. Hilda could finally have her chance in Smash. Plus, she doesn't take away from Toon Zelda who can't be an echo (Different hitboxes and a potential transformation with Tetra if Pokemon Trainer is back).

Add me to the support list.

Last edited:

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Hilda is a character I wanted to see in Hyrule Warriors but was not disappointed with Ravio and Yuga. Zelda's new design and mannerisms can't be a coincidence; Hilda is her polar opposite, absolutely perfect for this new echo fighter thing to contrast with Zelda this time around. While I do think A Link Between Worlds is a little underwhelming, the counterparts to the main trio were too good to not use again. Hilda could finally have her chance in Smash. Plus, she doesn't take away from Toon Zelda who can't be an echo (Different hitboxes and a potential transformation with Tetra if Pokemon Trainer is back).

Add me to the support list.
Agreed. It’s the perfect time for Hilda, if she ever had a chance, to make it in smash. The new Zelda design, her personality, same game in which echo is a thing, Hilda literally being a counterpart to Zelda, there’s also Dark Samus, Dark Pit..why not Dark Zelda?

The only thing that hurts her chances are that she might have done poorly on ballots but I mean I hope popularity isn’t the only thing that Sakurai looks for (altough so far all the characters are heavily requested), not trying to burst anyone’s bubbles tho.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean yes, they could have gone with Skyward Sword Zelda (white dress fits the magical abilities) or BOTW (royal dress or white dress). They even could have made a less chibi version of Zelda from Minish Cap or Four Swords but yet they chose to go with ALTTP/ALBW.

I mean Sakurai HAD to be aware of Hilda and the resemblance this new Zelda has with her....I really hope at least she makes it in as an alt if not an echo.
Zelda has no Hilda based alt this time around.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Call me crazy but I honestly think Hilda is the most likely echo after Ken and Shadow. The main things she has going for her:
  • Sakurai considered cloning Zelda in the past since Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl. It didn't happen due to time constraints and Toon Zelda having different body proportions than TP Zelda.
  • Zelda is based on her ALBW design so they already have something to base Hilda's model off of.
  • Zelda's lack of a Hilda-based alt is incredibly suspicious. We have alts like Luca's Claus color and C. Falcon's Blood Falcon alt which reference similar looking characters. Sakurai is definitely aware of ALBW so it seems odd for him to not give Zelda the most obvious alt they could've done.
  • Adding to the above point, Samus was missing her Dark Samus alt and we ended up getting her as an echo.
  • ALBW is one of the highest rated 3DS games.
  • Dixie is another popular choice as an echo and while I would love to see her it is hard to see her function as a Diddy echo. She deserves the Isabelle treatment so more time would have to be spent making her moveset.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Agreed. It’s the perfect time for Hilda, if she ever had a chance, to make it in smash. The new Zelda design, her personality, same game in which echo is a thing, Hilda literally being a counterpart to Zelda, there’s also Dark Samus, Dark Pit..why not Dark Zelda?
cause there is a dark zelda thanks to HW

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
cause there is a dark zelda thanks to HW
Is it one of the costumes? I don’t mean literally dark Zelda as in a black Zelda I mean more of an ‘evil’ Zelda to contrast this cheery and preppy princess.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Call me crazy but I honestly think Hilda is the most likely echo after Ken and Shadow. The main things she has going for her:
  • Sakurai considered cloning Zelda in the past since Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl. It didn't happen due to time constraints and Toon Zelda having different body proportions than TP Zelda.
  • Zelda is based on her ALBW design so they already have something to base Hilda's model off of.
  • Zelda's lack of a Hilda-based alt is incredibly suspicious. We have alts like Luca's Claus color and C. Falcon's Blood Falcon alt which reference similar looking characters. Sakurai is definitely aware of ALBW so it seems odd for him to not give Zelda the most obvious alt they could've done.
  • Adding to the above point, Samus was missing her Dark Samus alt and we ended up getting her as an echo.
  • ALBW is one of the highest rated 3DS games.
  • Dixie is another popular choice as an echo and while I would love to see her it is hard to see her function as a Diddy echo. She deserves the Isabelle treatment so more time would have to be spent making her moveset.
Very good points you made. ALBW is in fact popular and positively rated while Hilda is one of the main characters from that game. People say she’s a ‘nobody’ but she clearly gained her fans after the e3, maybe Hilda would be like a last minute echo addition if Sakurai noticed her popularity increase. Or DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Dark Zelda costume seems to be the biggest hint towards Hilda to me as both have the same effect of changing hair color for extra contrast and providing a darker color to a usually blond and colorful character but they stuck with the dark Zelda that they had in the last game.

This is the same game that threw two of Mario's classic colors in the bin to make room for two new alts so I think something's up here.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Is it one of the costumes? I don’t mean literally dark Zelda as in a black Zelda I mean more of an ‘evil’ Zelda to contrast this cheery and preppy princess.
not a costume but not quite a full character in the adventure mode there were "dark" versions of characters like dark link

also i wouldnt say zelda was peppy not the incarnation in ultimate anyway, and hilda isnt really evil

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
not a costume but not quite a full character in the adventure mode there were "dark" versions of characters like dark link

also i wouldnt say zelda was peppy not the incarnation in ultimate anyway, and hilda isnt really evil
Not preppy maybe more upbeat and cheery especially compared to twilight princess Zelda. And yes Hilda was only temporarily evil (I mean she was willing to have the whole hyrule kingdom and it’s inhabitants wiped off to save her own kingdom) but then she realized her errors.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Put me on the list. Been meaning to play LBW for so long I think I'll go buy it tomorrow.

Today it finally occurred to me how unusual it is that they added a line to the script about how the new Zelda was "more into researching" because before that we genuinely never needed a reasoning for using a different iteration of a character.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Put me on the list. Been meaning to play LBW for so long I think I'll go buy it tomorrow.

Today it finally occurred to me how unusual it is that they added a line to the script about how the new Zelda was "more into researching" because before that we genuinely never needed a reasoning for using a different iteration of a character.
Yeah that was odd, considering that Zelda does even less fighting in BOTW/LTTP lol. I mean they could’ve easily used Zelda’s BOTW white dress or royal dress and it would’ve fit fine with her magical abilities but the reseasonig behind not choosing BOTW design was odd.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah that was odd, considering that Zelda does even less fighting in BOTW/LTTP lol. I mean they could’ve easily used Zelda’s BOTW white dress or royal dress and it would’ve fit fine with her magical abilities but the reseasonig behind not choosing BOTW design was odd.
Yeah... interesting theories. I really hope we get Hilda, because she is my second favorite Nintendo princess after Daisy, and I am banking on the fact that since Sakurai took the LBW design for Zelda and didn’t give her a Hilda alt, it means that she is a character (I really hope this theory is correct).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Hilda's added then I think we're only toon Zelda off of having every major Nintendo Princess.

Are there any I'm missing?

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Unless any of the princesses from Fire Emblem count, nope.
I think the major are Zelda, Peach, Daisy and Rosalina (there’s debate if she’s a princess). Having a more somber and dark princess to contrast the other ones would be neat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Unless any of the princesses from Fire Emblem count, nope.
Well we've got Lucina and female Corrin representing Fire Emblem Princesses.

Full list of Smash Royalty is as follows

Undesputed
Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Principality (Not a Kingdom)
Bowser: King of Koopas
Daisy: Princess of the Kingdoms of Srassaland (technically should be Empress Daisy)
Zelda: (Several) Princess(es) of Hyrule
Ganondorf: King of Thieves, King of Evil, King of Conquered Hyrule
Rosalina: Not a princess per se but shares the aesthetics
Marth: Prince -> Hero King
Chrom: Prince -> Exalt
Lucina: Chrom's Daughter
Corrin: Prince/Princess of about three different lines. (It's complicated)
King K. Rool: Leader of the Kremlings, no matter what title he attaches to his name.

Debatable
King Dedede: Make that "King" Dedede
Robin: Potentially can marry into royalty

Very Debatable
Sonic: The True King Arthur
Donkey Kong: Sometimes referred to as the King of the Jungle but I don't think that's a recognised kingdom.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
Well we've got Lucina and female Corrin representing Fire Emblem Princesses.

Full list of Smash Royalty is as follows

Undesputed
Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Principality (Not a Kingdom)
Bowser: King of Koopas
Daisy: Princess of the Kingdoms of Srassaland (technically should be Empress Daisy)
Zelda: (Several) Princess(es) of Hyrule
Ganondorf: King of Thieves, King of Evil, King of Conquered Hyrule
Rosalina: Not a princess per se but shares the aesthetics
Marth: Prince -> Hero King
Chrom: Prince -> Exalt
Lucina: Chrom's Daughter
Corrin: Prince/Princess of about three different lines. (It's complicated)
King K. Rool: Leader of the Kremlings, no matter what title he attaches to his name.

Debatable
King Dedede: Make that "King" Dedede
Robin: Potentially can marry into royalty

Very Debatable
Sonic: The True King Arthur
Donkey Kong: Sometimes referred to as the King of the Jungle but I don't think that's a recognised kingdom.
And then we have a goddess in Palutena, who sits above royalty, and some of the Nintendo royals claim their bloodline originates from divinity or at least has a strong connection to it. :ultpalutena:

Last edited:
Top Bottom