• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Well we've got Lucina and female Corrin representing Fire Emblem Princesses.

Full list of Smash Royalty is as follows

Undesputed
Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Principality (Not a Kingdom)
Bowser: King of Koopas
Daisy: Princess of the Kingdoms of Srassaland (technically should be Empress Daisy)
Zelda: (Several) Princess(es) of Hyrule
Ganondorf: King of Thieves, King of Evil, King of Conquered Hyrule
Rosalina: Not a princess per se but shares the aesthetics
Marth: Prince -> Hero King
Chrom: Prince -> Exalt
Lucina: Chrom's Daughter
Corrin: Prince/Princess of about three different lines. (It's complicated)
King K. Rool: Leader of the Kremlings, no matter what title he attaches to his name.

Debatable
King Dedede: Make that "King" Dedede
Robin: Potentially can marry into royalty

Very Debatable
Sonic: The True King Arthur
Donkey Kong: Sometimes referred to as the King of the Jungle but I don't think that's a recognised kingdom.
Woah you actually listed them all, cool. Yeah Rosalina is refered to as princess by Prima Games and Mario Kart ads but never ingame yet. Oh also in a direct she was called star princess, so maybe she’s supposed to be a princess of stars or galaxies but that’s more like a goddess.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So if Hilda did manage to get in how should she differ from Zelda gameplay wise? Do you think she'd be heavier or lighter than Zelda?

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
So if Hilda did manage to get in how should she differ from Zelda gameplay wise? Do you think she'd be heavier or lighter than Zelda?
I’m guessing they would modify her skills to a black or dark color as well as her final smash possibly. Her taunts could use her staff or take inspiration from Palutena.

Maybe heavier? Due to the staff but not sure.

CaptainMapleSyrup

Smash Cadet
I’m guessing they would modify her skills to a black or dark color as well as her final smash possibly. Her taunts could use her staff or take inspiration from Palutena.

Maybe heavier? Due to the staff but not sure.
”Darker” versions of characters usually take on a riskier but ultimately more rewarding style of gameplay (if you’re skilled enough to do it right). Usually they’re either a lighter glass cannon or heavier, slower and easier to hit but regardless of weight, their attacks are normally more damaging.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
That's if it's full and Hilda isn't a pallette. It's not over until it's over.
I hope she at least makes it in as a skin ): this new Zelda was inspired by ALTTP and ALBW yet no Hilda costume..that would honestly be so odd. Not to mention that ultimate roster was finalized shortly after the release of ALBW. Cmon Sakurai

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Leaks are tearing the smash community apart character by character! Down with the fake leaks!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I hope she at least makes it in as a skin ): this new Zelda was inspired by ALTTP and ALBW yet no Hilda costume..that would honestly be so odd. Not to mention that ultimate roster was finalized shortly after the release of ALBW. Cmon Sakurai
Yeah. I see Hilda as a very likely addition to the roster. She and Ken are the only characters that I consider shoo-ins.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Hope the recent one that has gone viral is fake... no Hilda not even a Zelda rep, darn.
No new Zelda or Pokémon, and dk has less reps than Metroid? What kind of madness is this? In all seriousness, I couldn’t stand it if that leak were real because that would mean not one of my wants made it in, and after 3 games of that, it gets really disappointing when you realize it may never happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's not over until it's over and even then there's still DLC.
I could imagine Hilda being brought back after being on the cutting room floor for release

NukeA6

Smash Master
dk has less reps than Metroid?
How is this a problem? Metroid has some of the best games ever made with Super Metroid and Metroid Prime being part of the top 3 for the SNES and Gamecube, respectively. Fire Emblem also has more reps than both of them.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
How is this a problem? Metroid has some of the best games ever made with Super Metroid and Metroid Prime being part of the top 3 for the SNES and Gamecube, respectively. Fire Emblem also has more reps than both of them.
its a matter of perspective which franchises are more deserving of more characters so id imagine he/she thinks dk is a more deserving franchise than metroid

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
its a matter of perspective which franchises are more deserving of more characters so id imagine he/she thinks dk is a more deserving franchise than metroid
Go ahead and tell me Dixie hasn’t earned a spot at this point.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
No new Zelda or Pokémon, and dk has less reps than Metroid? What kind of madness is this? In all seriousness, I couldn’t stand it if that leak were real because that would mean not one of my wants made it in, and after 3 games of that, it gets really disappointing when you realize it may never happen.
I agree tho like i would be shocked to see no new Pokémon rep and super disappointed (not really shocked) to see no Zelda rep ):
No Hilda no skull kid even no Dixie.. like wat o.O

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Go ahead and tell me Dixie hasn’t earned a spot at this point.
i never would all i said was that it was a matter of perspective for example i think that fire emblem should not out number the legend of zelda and that kid iccarus shouldnt out number pikmin

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
i never would all i said was that it was a matter of perspective for example i think that fire emblem should not out number the legend of zelda and that kid iccarus shouldnt out number pikmin
And I agree fire emblem shouldn’t have as many as it does (I would except that high amount if some axe and lance users were spread in there). And I’m actually surprised Zelda hasn’t gotten a new rep yet, but I feel it will get at least an echo (currently a position between Hilda and impa). Also the only reason kid Icarus has one more rep than it actually needs is because smash 4 was notorious for the extreme Sakurai bias.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And I agree fire emblem shouldn’t have as many as it does (I would except that high amount if some axe and lance users were spread in there). And I’m actually surprised Zelda hasn’t gotten a new rep yet, but I feel it will get at least an echo (currently a position between Hilda and impa). Also the only reason kid Icarus has one more rep than it actually needs is because smash 4 was notorious for the extreme Sakurai bias.
we just need to hope sakurai doesnt have bias against zelda

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Maybe sakurai doesn’t want to take a chance and add a possible one time Zelda character again.

I wouldn’t mind this time though if we can have Daisy why not Hilda

NukeA6

Smash Master
She better be at least an alt because that would be a waste. Why use Link Between Worlds Zelda if you're not gonna add the most notable part of the game?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
She better be at least an alt because that would be a waste. Why use Link Between Worlds Zelda if you're not gonna add the most notable part of the game?
We've seen Zelda's alts. There is no Hilda based alt anywhere.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this is it.

All the leaks out there are contradictory so we may be in with a shot.

If you want to be added to the supporter's list, let me know now.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still think Hilda is the most likely first party echo. Even if she isn't shown in the Direct I think she has a good chance as DLC if they were to ever create something like an echo bundle.

Thursday can't come any sooner.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Please let the banner leak be fake, for the sake of small characters who deserve more recognition!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
like chibi-robo?
Yeah, stuff like that. Micah Rider is easily the most popular choice for a retro rep, and chorus kids are the type of thing that a lot of people seem to be in a bandwagon for. I want only characters who don’t constantly appear in leaks, as that bunch is oversaturated to all hell, especially Geno, who has popped up in literally every ‘credible’ leak. I’m just tired of the same names appearing constantly in leaks all the time.

Last edited:

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Please let the banner leak be fake, for the sake of small characters who deserve more recognition!
Please be fake! Seriously I don’t wanna sound ungrateful because I appreciate the design changes to the Zelda roster but seriously no Hilda, Impa or Skull kid.... not even a Hilda alt (at least that we’ve seen)... ): let’s cross our fingers !

Top Bottom