• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
We've seen Zelda's alts. There is no Hilda based alt anywhere.
There is still a small chance she’s an alt that hasn’t been seen yet, I mean I hope if she doesn’t make in the base roster OR DLC (which tbh seems even less likely than base roster since she’ll be competing against super popular picks) that she at least makes it as an alt with a more melancholic and dark personality than Zelda.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
There is still a small chance she’s an alt that hasn’t been seen yet, I mean I hope if she doesn’t make in the base roster OR DLC (which tbh seems even less likely than base roster since she’ll be competing against super popular picks) that she at least makes it as an alt with a more melancholic and dark personality than Zelda.
Actually, as an echo, Hilda wouldn’t exactly have much tough competition for dlc as echoes are really easy to make compared to unique fighters.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I've a gut feeling that she will be announced as an Echo fighter alongside with Shadow and Ken. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Actually, as an echo, Hilda wouldn’t exactly have much tough competition for dlc as echoes are really easy to make compared to unique fighters.
Good point. Ok now I’m hyped..
first I wanted Hilda in the base roster, now at least in DLC and if not that then at least let her be an alt lol. If we get a sticker or trophy Hilda I’m gonna be kinda disappointed sadly.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I have to go to class soon so I probably won't be able to see the Direct live.

Here's hoping for a surprise Hilda reveal!

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
This is disappointing ): .... this means she didn’t make it base roster or DLC (since Sakurai said they would be newcomers)
Hope she is an alt that hasn’t been released...

NukeA6

Smash Master
She's an alt. She has to be alt. Zero Suit Samus's alt was unrevealed until the Direct so Hilda has to be in.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hey guys check this out:

The treehouse footage shows Villager's purple alt got a major change in skin tone:

1541093519364.png

For reference here was the one during the previous build:

Do you guys think that means Zelda has a chance of getting a Hilda-based color alt? I'll take just about anything at this point.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
She's an alt. She has to be alt. Zero Suit Samus's alt was unrevealed until the Direct so Hilda has to be in.
I hope so. Even Skull Kid won’t make it as DLC...
An alt is all that is left, if she doesn’t get an alt I will be quite dumbfounded.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Pls daddy Sakurai make it happen, just once do something that I actually want!
Even worse is that it looks like they might have gotten rid of trophies ? So if she doesn’t make it as an alt then not even a trophy either ): maybe a sticker (unless they also got rid of collectable stickers like trophies)

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Even worse is that it looks like they might have gotten rid of trophies ? So if she doesn’t make it as an alt then not even a trophy either ): maybe a sticker (unless they also got rid of collectable stickers like trophies)
I think the so-called ‘spirits’ are the new collectible replacing stickers and trophies, which TBH, is a bit lame because trophies with actual effort put into 3D models looked a lot better than recycled jpgs that would take a very weak amount of effort to include to include. Imo the only good part of that direct was the reveal of piranha plant, but I bet that caused a metric ****ton of salt for Waluigi fans, knowing that Sakurai found more potential in a literal potted plant than the lean mean mustache man.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
I think the so-called ‘spirits’ are the new collectible replacing stickers and trophies, which TBH, is a bit lame because trophies with actual effort put into 3D models looked a lot better than recycled jpgs that would take a very weak amount of effort to include to include. Imo the only good part of that direct was the reveal of piranha plant, but I bet that caused a metric ****ton of salt for Waluigi fans, knowing that Sakurai found more potential in a literal potted plant than the lean mean mustache man.
Honestly I was kinda surprised at how disappointed I felt after watching the direct rather than sleeping more hours I stayed awake and watched it and it was like... not hype tbh. But I did get chills at the end in the adventure mode scenes.

Well I sure hope Zelda has an alt of Hilda but if not then the dark Zelda costume will be the closest thing we got this game which is a shame.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well our hopes are as such

A. Zelda Alt
B. Semi-Clone DLC

Odd place to be in.

BottledFairy

Smash Rookie
The Direct wasn't to a lot of people's liking, but I personally enjoyed it, mostly because the world of light trailer was honestly jaw-dropping and epic and I got literal chills (I freaking love Lifelight) and the whole thing was poetry in motion. Sakurai himself said not to expect many newcomers so imo the people in anticipation for so many newcomers have themselves to blame for putting too much expectation on non-official leaks. As for Hilda, I hope there's still the possibility of an alt!

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Well our hopes are as such

A. Zelda Alt
B. Semi-Clone DLC

Odd place to be in.
Don’t wanna be a hype killer but if I’m realistic B. Sounds very unlikely ): the 5 DLC characters are newcomers who likely were heavily requested such as Dixie for example.

But to try and be positive, an alt could still happen!! Please sakurai surprise us and give us an alt.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
rex aint out of the running yet
Sakurai literally said during the reveal of the mii fighter costume for him, that due to timing and other things he decided not to include Rex.
Don’t wanna be a hype killer but if I’m realistic B. Sounds very unlikely ): the 5 DLC characters are newcomers who likely were heavily requested such as Dixie for example.
When did Sakurai say the dlc characters would just be top requested characters? That just sounds like wishful thinking, and watched that specific part of the direct twice to make sure.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
IMO, the 5 coming DLC characters are a mix of new 3rd parties (already gotta split the game's sales between Sega, Konami, Namco, Square Enix and two Capcoms) and Nintendo Characters they didn't have time to put in the base game.

Any characters beyond that would require a season 2.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
https://youtu.be/aDSuAY3qiQg

All costumes in the final game and no Hilda alt for Zelda. Unless we get a surprise echo DLC it's basically over sadly.

I still think it's weird how they made a big deal of echos and how they're easier to make yet we didn't get that many in the end (only 5 new ones).

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai literally said during the reveal of the mii fighter costume for him, that due to timing and other things he decided not to include Rex.

When did Sakurai say the dlc characters would just be top requested characters? That just sounds like wishful thinking, and watched that specific part of the direct twice to make sure.
He said they would be newcomers not echoes, the top requested character thing is just an assumption because all new characters in Ultimate have been quite popular (North America or Japan) so I really doubt they would make Hilda but again I’m not trying to kill hype, I just think that she has a much greater chance of being an alt.

As for ‘wishful thinking’ not really cuz I only wanted Skull Kid and he’s an AT lol. I really just wanted Skull Kid, Hilda or Impa. Maybe it’s wishful thinking of other players who think the that they’ll be top requested characters again tho.

Last edited:

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
https://youtu.be/aDSuAY3qiQg

All costumes in the final game and no Hilda alt for Zelda. Unless we get a surprise echo DLC it's basically over sadly.

I still think it's weird how they made a big deal of echos and how they're easier to make yet we didn't get that many in the end (only 5 new ones).
Wow I’m kinda shocked....... not even an alt darn.

Oh well, no Hilda in this game. I guess I’ll think of the dark Zelda as ‘Hilda’ although they’re quite different.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wow I’m kinda shocked....... not even an alt darn.

Oh well, no Hilda in this game. I guess I’ll think of the dark Zelda as ‘Hilda’ although they’re quite different.
theres probably a hilda spirit in there somewhere

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
i dont know how to react to that
I’m just saying, that direct was more pathetic than the first one, because at least the first one brought us classic, tourney, AND the smash down mode, which I have honestly wanted for a while (and that’s leaving out K. Rool, FS meters, and Rainbow Cruise confirmation).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's all very well to be disappointed but don't drop stuff like that out of nowhere. This is the internet and messages frequently have less context than we intend.

On topic, I still have hope for Hilda but it's all hinging on unkowns currently.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
It's all very well to be disappointed but don't drop stuff like that out of nowhere. This is the internet and messages frequently have less context than we intend.

On topic, I still have hope for Hilda but it's all hinging on unkowns currently.
So I guess Hilda has a chance of being a spirit?
And at least we have a dark Zelda costume that very slightly could resemble Hilda ):

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I guess Hilda has a chance of being a spirit?
And at least we have a dark Zelda costume that very slightly could resemble Hilda ):
Spirit Hilda is likely but I mean I still have hope for Hilda as a playable character.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Here’s hoping for more than one season of dlc, cuz I see this being the last smash game for at least five years, or even until the switch dies, and only having 5 dlc characters over the course of a year is just... well... sad. All I see is a sea of really boring third party crap that isn’t banjo, just because of how badly modern games handle dlc. Sorry about my post from earlier, may have left a few people confused. Basically the point is that the final direct was actually really boring, ending the base game with two of the least hype newcomers in smash, a new game mode (the concept was interesting, but spirits sound like the most irritating things ever to collect). I’m actually surprised we didn’t get homerun contest, or even some form of event matches. All this is why I say that I’m dead inside, but that doesn’t matter. Time to kick back and hope for about 15 dlc characters before the game is 100% dead. Honestly, I do think echo dlc will happen, but not until after the first season is all done.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here’s hoping for more than one season of dlc, cuz I see this being the last smash game for at least five years, or even until the switch dies, and only having 5 dlc characters over the course of a year is just... well... sad. All I see is a sea of really boring third party crap that isn’t banjo, just because of how badly modern games handle dlc. Sorry about my post from earlier, may have left a few people confused. Basically the point is that the final direct was actually really boring, ending the base game with two of the least hype newcomers in smash, a new game mode (the concept was interesting, but spirits sound like the most irritating things ever to collect). I’m actually surprised we didn’t get homerun contest, or even some form of event matches. All this is why I say that I’m dead inside, but that doesn’t matter. Time to kick back and hope for about 15 dlc characters before the game is 100% dead. Honestly, I do think echo dlc will happen, but not until after the first season is all done.
Technically, we did get event matches. Each Spirit has one attached. And to a lesser extent each Classic mode is unique for each character, some fights with conditions that can't be replicated (Example, Ryu fights Zamus [playing the role of Chun-li] on Onett with the Chun-li theme playing).

The lack of stadium is very strange though.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Technically, we did get event matches. Each Spirit has one attached. And to a lesser extent each Classic mode is unique for each character, some fights with conditions that can't be replicated (Example, Ryu fights Zamus [playing the role of Chun-li] on Onett with the Chun-li theme playing).

The lack of stadium is very strange though.
True, you could potentially say spirit battles are like events, but they just aren’t the same, none of that creative ‘falcon race to the finish’ or ‘rainbow of yoshis’ that I love. Yeah, I’m hoping stadium is something that will be seen at launch, but worst case scenario, it just doesn’t exist this time (which would be really weird considering every other game has had it) and that’s a gap I just can’t live with. I understand and appreciate that Sakurai put his focus on bringing everyone back, but for me, game modes like target smash and homerun contest have always been staples, and will be missed.

Last edited:

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
I was rather disappointed as well. A lot of people believed that leak image which had 7 final characters yet we got 2 lol (both which are unwanted by a lot of people)....

I got hyped with adventure/story mode tho.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m just saying, that direct was more pathetic than the first one, because at least the first one brought us classic, tourney, AND the smash down mode, which I have honestly wanted for a while (and that’s leaving out K. Rool, FS meters, and Rainbow Cruise confirmation).
out of all of those classic was the only one i was interested in

Top Bottom