• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echoes between Worlds - Princess Hilda Support Thread

Quillion

Smash Hero
(Thread Hop)

Meh, I still don't think Smash will let in a one-shot Zelda character. And even if that's wrong, Hilda is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
(Thread Hop)

Meh, I still don't think Smash will let in a one-shot Zelda character. And even if that's wrong, Hilda is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Hilda is the second most likely after Impa imo. Skull kid just makes too much sense as a boss to be playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
(Thread Hop)

Why
:ultsheik:
does
everyone
forget
Sheik
?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why
does
everyone
forget
Sheik
?
They like to consider Sheik as "different" because she was originally part of Zelda's moveset, but the reality is she was just another oneshot at the time, regardless of circumstance. Hilda could get in just as easily because she's an easy Echo of Zelda.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We have reason to believe that Sheik was a mistake on Sakurai's part as he assumed that Sheik would be part of Zelda for the rest of the series.

Turns out, that didn't happen.
Any of these characters can be re-used at any time. There are no rules for this, only fan assumptions. Besides, I can fan-assume too. "Echoes are simple, and therefore more justifiable for one-shot characters." Of course, Smash would likely be the reason a character like that would stop *being* a one shot to begin with.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Any of these characters can be re-used at any time. There are no rules for this, only fan assumptions. Besides, I can fan-assume too. "Echoes are simple, and therefore more justifiable for one-shot characters." Of course, Smash would likely be the reason a character like that would stop *being* a one shot to begin with.
We are 20 years in and Sheik has not seen the light of day in anything but a remake or spinoff intended to celebrate the series. Sheik's effectively kept alive solely by Smash due to a mistake on Sakurai's part.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
(Thread Hop)

Tbh there’s worse choices out there. Hilda became significantly more popular after e3 especially for a one off character. Idk why it’s scraping the bottom of the barrel.. She summons Yuga, teleports, uses dark magic and barriers and also can trap her enemies in purple vines. Oh and her staff. She definitely has potential and she’s a pretty well developed character and ‘villain’.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Hilda is the second most likely after Impa imo. Skull kid just makes too much sense as a boss to be playable.
Agree on Hilda’s chances but I think all 3 (Skull Kid, Impa and Hilda) have decent chances at being playable. I hope we get at least one Zelda character and two would be a dream.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
This. The transition effect would look really cool, too.

Or something similar (a transition Hyrule / Lorule) but with Link's house as a stage instead, and the castle in the background.
Turtle Rock would be pretty sweet, like maybe the fight can take place where the bridge is with Lynels attacking and a beautiful view of Ganon's castle and all of Lorule in the backround and you can see everything including Link's house and Lorule castle!

TeamFlareZakk

I saw, I also saw a new mess with Loz18 saying that SkullKid is in and Isaac isn't.

I'll wait for someone to properly summarise it when the dust settles.

I'm still of the mind we could get both Hilda and Impa tho.
Really he said no Isaac?... For that... LOZ18 just made the list!

Hilda and Impa would be pretty cool, especially Hilda!

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Tbh there’s worse choices out there. Hilda became significantly more popular after e3 especially for a one off character. Idk why it’s scraping the bottom of the barrel.. She summons Yuga, teleports, uses dark magic and barriers and also can trap her enemies in purple vines. Oh and her staff. She definitely has potential and she’s a pretty well developed character and ‘villain’.
She only got more popular as an echo, and a one-shot joining the ranks of Smash needs to not be an echo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
She only got more popular as an echo, and a one-shot joining the ranks of Smash needs to not be an echo.
Now you're falling into the old Smash Speculation trap of making rules up.

It's not happened before but that doesn't make it impossible as anything can change :ultchrom:.

TeamFlareZakk

Why shouldnt she be a echo?

It makes so much sense for Hilda to be Zelda's echo, she is after all her LBTW counterpart and it just makes so much sense for Hilda to do things parallel to Zelda in Super Smash Bros universe seeing that she is her parallel Lorule counterpart.

Things I see to make her different are personality, maybe make her spells have a darkness effect, replace Phantom with like some sort of phantom of Ganon, and her final smash would be to summon Ganon like she did in LBTW, which is the opposite to Zelda's final smash that seals.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Now you're falling into the old Smash Speculation trap of making rules up.

It's not happened before but that doesn't make it impossible as anything can change:ultchrom:.
Why shouldnt she be a echo?

It makes so much sense for Hilda to be Zelda's echo, she is after all her LBTW counterpart and it just makes so much sense for Hilda to do things parallel to Zelda in Super Smash Bros universe seeing that she is her parallel Lorule counterpart.

Things I see to make her different are personality, maybe make her spells have a darkness effect, replace Phantom with like some sort of phantom of Ganon, and her final smash would be to summon Ganon like she did in LBTW, which is the opposite to Zelda's final smash that seals.
Do you want the Zelda franchise to be eternally locked with the same four movesets that it has had since Melee?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you want the Zelda franchise to be eternally locked with the same four movesets that it has had since Melee?
Way to move the goalposts.

There's nothing to say Zelda can't get another entirely new character and echos

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Way to move the goalposts.

There's nothing to say Zelda can't get another entirely new character and echos
I don't like it either, but three's a pattern. Three games of getting no more one-shots for Zelda spells out that something is stopping everyone else's chances.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't like it either, but three's a pattern. Three games of getting no more one-shots for Zelda spells out that something is stopping everyone else's chances.
That's counting 4 as two games right? :ultsheik:
Under the same logic, Ridley was doomed to be a boss and King K. Rool was doomed to be ignored.

We're in a time where supposed Smash rules are getting shaken up.

Realistically, I'm thinking other recurring character, Impa (Skyward Sword, Ocarina or a new design) as a Sheik Echo may be the only character but I'm hopeful for Hilda.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Under the same logic, Ridley was doomed to be a boss and King K. Rool was doomed to be ignored.

Realistically, I'm thinking other recurring character, Impa (Skyward Sword, Ocarina or a new design) as a Sheik Echo may be the only character but I'm hopeful for Hilda.
Zelda would get a echo fighter before anybody because she is Zelda, last I checked it was called The Legend of Zelda and seeing that she is the Zelda from LBTW, does not have a palette swap of Hilda, this pretty much guarantees if Zelda is to get echo fighters then Hilda will surely be one of them.

Also, Hilda played a major role in LBTW and was a major character with a plot to the story unlike Impa whom is just more of a assist character thats just there to help Link and Zelda do stuff.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero

Ridley and K. Rool were never one-shots in the first place though. The only things keeping the two of them from getting in was difficulty trying to come up with a workable portrayal for the former and perceived lack of interest for the latter.

Hilda's just not on that level of relevance.

TeamFlareZakk

Ridley and K. Rool were never one-shots in the first place though. The only things keeping the two of them from getting in was difficulty trying to come up with a workable portrayal for the former and perceived lack of interest for the latter.

Hilda's just not on that level of relevance.
Hilda is Zelda's counterpart in a Zelda game so she is indeed on that level of relevance,, and tbh I really couldnt care less because I'm thinking Hilda will be a echo fighter to be added, and Hilda litterally is Zelda's echo counterpart so its fine, at least its a new Zelda character and I would much rather see Hilda before Impa.. Whom is a bit too overrated tbh.

Oh and look at Daisy, Peach's counterpart.. If she can get in than Hilda can too!

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hilda is Zelda's counterpart in a Zelda game so she is indeed on that level of relevance.
So is Sheik, and she's only in Smash by a mistake that can't be undone, and she hasn't seen the light of day anywhere else ever again.

Hilda's only real hope is the Hyrule Warriors series.

TeamFlareZakk

So is Sheik, and she's only in Smash by a mistake that can't be undone, and she hasn't seen the light of day anywhere else ever again.

Shiek is not a mistake, she was a gimmick used by Zelda that was converted to her own character and Hilda just so happens to share something with Zelda that usually all echo fighter counterparts share, I am 100% confident that Hilda will be Zelda's echo fighter because if they can add Shiek, then they sure can add Hilda too especially when Zelda is rocking her LBTW attire, the game that Zelda's counterpart Hilda is in.

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice

By that logic, Ravio has a better chance than Hilda of making it into Smash, and while I wish it were so, we know that's not true. More people just love Goth GF Zelda.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice

She’s a major character in ALBW (heard it’s one of Sakurai’s favorites but not 100% sure if true). Also there’s 2 Hilda skins in Hyrule warriors although she’s not actually playable but still.

So Sakurai decides to give Zelda ALBW/ALTTP design in the same game that echo fighters are a big thing.. literally he could have chosen many other Zelda designs but he specifically chose this one... AND no Hilda costume...like seriously? Idk maybe just a coincidence.

Oh btw according to recent polls on Reddit and GameFaqs, Hilda is the top Zelda echo pick of players followed by true form Midna (who everyone said was way more popular but surveys say otherwise)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Meh, Hilda is too boring and similar to Zelda in looks. It would have worked only as an alternate color but it didn't happen. Anything more is too much for her...

UNLESS... she was an echo of Palutena. Now that would be an interesting twist.

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
I support. I remember back in the days before people knew 3rd parties can have echoes she seemed to be a moderately popular idea for an echo. It'd also explain why the chose the LBW Zelda as opposed to any other zelda...or just keeping her the same.

Personally I see cosmetic different on her attacks with them being dark instead of light- but that's just me.

Firewolf73

Smash Apprentice
Meh, Hilda is too boring and similar to Zelda in looks. It would have worked only as an alternate color but it didn't happen. Anything more is too much for her...

I agree that they look very similar but their skills are very different, not sure if you played ALBW. I mean we could say the same about Dark Samus, Dark Pit, Shadow (likely an echo) and Simon and Ritcher.

Palutena echo sounds interesting tho!

TeamFlareZakk

Palutena's echo will be Medusa so thats impossible.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hilda for Super Smash Bros Ultimate!
View attachment 161728View attachment 161729View attachment 161730

Hilda's hair style may be slightly different. but still she will definitely look amazing as a echo fighter.
Well she also has no sleeves and gloves instead of bracelets (not to mention the staff) but those pictures do do a good job of showing what a Hilda alt would look like and giving an idea of what Hilda herself may look like.

One other thing Hilda has gong for her in terms of modern characters is she's from the most recent mainline Zelda game as of the time of the ballot, so she's got both timing and possible ballot support.
On the downside, the ballot was back in the times where clones were equivalent to cooties. It's only now that they've been rebranded that it's been okay to say "I want X in Smash and I don't mind if they share another character's moveset"

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Hilda would be one of those reveals where haters spit out coffee all over their computers when they see it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's a Direct coming in 11 hours and 30 minutes so.... fingers crossed.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well there's a Direct coming in 11 hours and 30 minutes so.... fingers crossed.
Small correction but the Direct is at 6 pm EST tomorrow, so roughly 23 hours from now.

TeamFlareZakk

Dual ladies of dark magic.

Nice themeing.
It would be a awesome theme, not sure who the newcomer would be though.. Always thought maybe Skullkid would be shown the same day as Hilda because it would kind of make sense.. Oh and Dark World stage ftw!

Top Bottom