• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 2 (ECSS2) - Eau Claire, WI, July 24th

yoshq

Smash Master

Just like last time, Eau Claire is tired of all the hardcore players flocking to cities that are hours away from it. It's fighting back by hosting its own.

Venue
Name: University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire Resident Hall
Address: 642 University Drive Towers
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
Notes: The location could be kind of confusing, but I'll put signs up pointing from the door to the room. And this is the specific door you want to go in when you get there, regardless of where you park : door

Schedule
Registration will be 10 am.
Brawl Doubles at 12 pm.
Singles when the doubles finish.
Melee at any time allowing there are enough setups.
If there is time for some reason for a side tournament, we can do random doubles or something.

Prices
Venue: $2 (waived if setup and also if not entering any tournaments)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $10
Last ECSS had about 27 entrants for brawl so x10 and there's your pot.
The pot split will be 60/30/10.

Notes
Tons of housing at my house is available.
A setup will count as only a system and game because we strive to provide plenty of tvs, although a tv would be cool too.

Attendees
spikes
nappy
moe
StandardToaster
M0nkUn1t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code:
[B][COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="4"]Rules[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Red"][URL="http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/rules.aspx?id=19"]Rules: (Brawl)[/URL][/COLOR]
Brawl Rule Set:
All matches must be played using the following rule set:

1. General:
          * Three (3) stock.
          * Eight minute time limit.
          * All items off.
          * If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
                o If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
                o If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
                o If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
                o If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
          * Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
          * Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
          * Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
   2. The first match of a game [B]must[/B] be played on a verified Neutral Stage:
          * Battlefield
          * Final Destination
          * Smashville
          [B]* Lylat Cruise[/B]
          * Yoshi's Island
Use stage striking if agreed upon by both parties.
Please go [URL="http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6912"][B][I][U]here[/U][/I][/B][/URL] to vote whether PS1 will be included in the neutrals list.
Stagelist is open to debate.

3. The loser of the first game picks the stage for the second game. Make sure to communicate this with your opponent.
   4. The third game, if forced, will be played on a stage chosen by the loser of the second game.
   5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
          * Battleship Halberd
          * Brinstar
          * Castle Siege
          * Delfino Plaza
          * Frigate Orpheon
          * Jungle Japes (Melee)
          * Luigi's Mansion
          * Norfair
          * Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
          * Pokémon Stadium 2
          * Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

6. Both players may choose a single "personal ban" stage to be removed from play for the entire set.
          * Personal bans [B]must be announced prior to the first game[/B] being played.
          * Players may opt not to use their personal ban.
          * In the event of a dispute the player with the higher ranking announces their ban first.
   7. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
   8. [B]You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.[/B]
   9. After the loser of the previous match chooses a stage to play, the winner has the option of switching characters. He/she must announce the new character if they choose to do so. After the winner has switched (or passed), the loser is also allowed to change characters.
          * Infinite grabs, jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are [B]not banned[/B]. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

[COLOR="Red"][URL="http://allisbrawl.com/ladder/rules.aspx?id=20"]Additional Rules for Doubles Play:[/URL][/COLOR]

Doubles-specific Rules:
All doubles rules follow the standards set by rules above, with this addition:

* Team attack must be ON for all teams matches.
    * Eight [B](8)[/B] minute time limit.

Melee rules: whatever you guys want

yoshq

Smash Master
The reason for that is that August has 3 nationals in it and we couldn't get July 31st, and also I won't really mind if not many people come.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I made it to the last one, I better make it to this one.

I'm coming with a vengeance. I don't use a bad character anymore.

inb4 Hunger coming in and saying Wario sucks.

Also: * Eight (7) minute time limit.

lolwut?

napZzz

Smash Hero
well MN's gonna come, the short notice is kinda dumb but I dont feel like going to anything big right now anyways, just going to this tourney thats close to home and relaxed lol

D. Disciple

Smash Master
If I can get the day off, make sure to bring my charger for my phone.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think my brother, dad, and I can make it to the ECSS. I just have a couple questions to ask about this tournament.

Is there an age limit? IE: Do I have to be 18+ to be able to be in the tourney/go to the tourney?

Can I bring a Game Cube with Melee but it doesn't have all the characters unlocked?

Is the location the same as the first ECSS?

Where is this being held exactly? IE: A dorm room, theater, etc.

Are food and beverages provided or do we have to bring our own?

Thanks for hosting this. I have always disliked that there are no tourneys in Eau Claire. ;-;

EDIT: Can we use a USB loader for brawl? Also, Can I bring Brawl Minus to ECSS?

yoshq

Smash Master
I think my brother, dad, and I can make it to the ECSS. I just have a couple questions to ask about this tournament.

Is there an age limit? IE: Do I have to be 18+ to be able to be in the tourney/go to the tourney?

Can I bring a Game Cube with Melee but it doesn't have all the characters unlocked?

Is the location the same as the first ECSS?

Where is this being held exactly? IE: A dorm room, theater, etc.

Are food and beverages provided or do we have to bring our own?

Thanks for hosting this. I have always disliked that there are no tourneys in Eau Claire. ;-;

EDIT: Can we use a USB loader for brawl? Also, Can I bring Brawl Minus to ECSS?
there is no age limit.

you can bring a cube with melee but it will not count towards a setup or be used for the tournament unless you have all characters unlocked.

the location is not the same, because the 1st ecss was in whitehall. this is in a university and it is in a study room that has nothing but tables and chairs basically.

we may have some sort of cheap drink and/or food but plan on getting some for yourself. there's some places to eat pretty close to the venue.

you can use a usb loader as long as it doesn't interfere with the tournament, like freezing during a tourney match. and b- is fine,

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Great! I won't bring the GCube then. I will however bring a TV and a Wii. I live extremely near UWEC, so I don't really see how I can have a way of not being there. My dad, brother, and I will try and make it. :D

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have a couple questions. With the Brawl Minus setup, do you mind if it has custom songs, stage textures(none of the textures will desync replays at all), or character textures? I don't mind if I can't use them. Also, would anyone mind if I were to bring a cooler with some sodas and water if I can? That way people don't have to spend money on drinks.

yoshq

Smash Master
I have a couple questions. With the Brawl Minus setup, do you mind if it has custom songs, stage textures(none of the textures will desync replays at all), or character textures? I don't mind if I can't use them. Also, would anyone mind if I were to bring a cooler with some sodas and water if I can? That way people don't have to spend money on drinks.
you can use textures just as long as they don't mess with people's view of the character too much. a cooler is fine

D. Disciple

Smash Master
People would love you if you did that.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Great, I'll make sure to bring the cooler. I will most likely be bringing water, sprite, coca cola, and diet coke. Anything else someone might want? I will see if I can bring some.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Great, I'll make sure to bring the cooler. I will most likely be bringing water, sprite, coca cola, and diet coke. Anything else someone might want? I will see if I can bring some.
I'm a horrible caffeine addict and you can make money off of me if you bring plenty of coke

Top Bottom