• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 2 (ECSS2) - Eau Claire, WI, July 24th

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Ok, I will try and bring some Dr. Pepper if I can. Also, looking at the OP it doesn't look like a lot of people are going to be coming to the ECSS2. D:

napZzz

Smash Hero
yoshQ if you dont get my backpack tomorrow and bring it to this I will hunt you down, hurt you, and then take my backpack home with me.

haha monk theres gonna be at least 20+ ppl i'm sure unless yoshQ sucks

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Ok. I should bring more sodas than what I had planned then.:laugh:

Also, about recording replays. Will someone be recording them? I can if need be. Also, for the B- replays, I can record those and someone else could record the vBrawl replays. Or something else. Whatever you want.

Another question I have is about things that won't be vBrawl such as Brawl-. Will the B- portion be just an ffa sort of thing or have it's own "side tournament" or something.

If I have any other questions, I will ask. :)

EDIT: I can bring the GCube with Melee anyways and just have someone bring a memory card with a full save on it.

yoshq

Smash Master
Ok. I should bring more sodas than what I had planned then.:laugh:

Also, about recording replays. Will someone be recording them? I can if need be. Also, for the B- replays, I can record those and someone else could record the vBrawl replays. Or something else. Whatever you want.

Another question I have is about things that won't be vBrawl such as Brawl-. Will the B- portion be just an ffa sort of thing or have it's own "side tournament" or something.

If I have any other questions, I will ask. :)

EDIT: I can bring the GCube with Melee anyways and just have someone bring a memory card with a full save on it.
there will probably be approx. 2 recording setups and i'll make sure to schedule the important matches to those setups so as to get recorded.for me personally i'll probably have 1-2 recording setups then on my wii i'll have it auto saving replays. you can feel free to record as well. for things like b- it will depend on if we have enough time, and if we have a tournament then we will hold a vote for which one it is.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
I could go schedule-wise, but as of now I have no ride. D:

Also, when are you willing to house people?

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Lol @ this old pic xD..why are there so many gay pics of me? anyway gl sago/hunger as usual.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I am goingto be bringing the gcube anyways. I am going to try and unlock all chars before the ecss. If someone could bring a memory card with all stages and chars unlocked for melée that would be good just in case I don't unlock all chars and stages by the ECCS time.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I am goingto be bringing the gcube anyways. I am going to try and unlock all chars before the ecss. If someone could bring a memory card with all stages and chars unlocked for melée that would be good just in case I don't unlock all chars and stages by the ECCS time.
if you bring a memory card you can just use someone elses to copy the data onto yours

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I forgot if I could do that. Been a while.:laugh:

EDIT: I just found out that my melee disc is melee version 1.2. Meaning there are some small things taken out such as Bowser's flame cancelling and some other minute things. Should I still bring my melee disc?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
As a continuation to Monk's post, here's the full list of differences taken from this thread.

Version 1.0 NTSC

-Flame Cancel is possible
-you cannot DI/Smash DI hits that do less than 1% damage because they dont give hit lag

Version 1.1 NTSC

-Flame Cancel is possible
-you cannot DI/Smash DI hits that do less than 1% damage because they dont give hit lag
-specific differences between 1.0 and 1.1 have not been uncovered

Version 1.2 NTSC

-Flame Cancel is NOT possible
-you CAN DI/Smash DI hits that do less than 1% damage because they give hit lag
-Varios bugs removed (link superjump, ic freeze glitch, etc)

yoshq

Smash Master
That can be up to the players of melee and/or the melee TO if someone wants to do that, like spikes or ocho. I say this because I don't play the game and am fine with whatever rules.

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
The only tournament that's close enough for me to go to and I can't find a ****ing ride. =_=

yoshq

Smash Master
figure out the bus schedule or train and i could pick you up up to like a half an hour away if they drop you off somewhere around there.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I am for sure going to be bringing melee. I have been playing melee all day for the past two days to unlock every character and stage. I have now unlocked all characters and I now need to unlock all stages. I am sure I can get all the stages by the time ECSS is open. :)

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Phew, I finally found someone to take me there. You wouldn't mind having a kind of scrubbish player accompany me, would you?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Phew, I finally found someone to take me there. You wouldn't mind having a kind of scrubbish player accompany me, would you?
the more the merrier.

(as long as its not someone who's impossible to be around)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have a question regarding the melée, brawl, and brawl minus side of things. When someone signs up, can they only do one thing, ie: only melée or only brawl? Or can we do more than one?

Triple R

Smash Lord
I can't really hold back anymore. I've been planning to come to this and WIN! Or something like that lol.

Top Bottom