• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easters/little things you've noticed.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
here's a new one

Taboo's attacks are based off of the boss Marx from kirby superstar.

master hand's moves are based off of the final boss (VooDoo Doctor) from "the great cave offense" from superstar. he was kinda like bongo bongo. voodoo doc's fingers fell off and were made of rock.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The blasters were in Starfox 64, you are all wrong.

When you got all the medals, you could play on-foot in Multiplayer.

majora_787

Smash Hero
G&W's D-tilt is 3d (G&W is a 3d model that's flattened if you recall)

the falcon punch was based off of the smash series, and the move carried on from each game. therefore the only influence on the falcon punch in brawl would be the fact that he always had it. and the designers of his moves are the only reason he has it.

R.O.B.'s spinning is just the fact that he has to spin his arms to move tops/disks, which he does in a very slow manner.

my point is that there is little influence on the moves particular characters had, and the character designers invented the particular things they had.

and everything can be countered.
My point on falcon punches was simply that it was used outside of smash bros. Nothing more.

There was a thing on the dojo that said if something explosive hit Marth or Ike's counters, they would take damage from the explosion. But there's a glitch where they start countering the explosive then quickly counter the blast. It looks weird, but doesn't do anything useful. =\

-Ridley is purple, which he hasn't been since his first appearance.
He appeared briefly in melee, but that doesn't count.
-Ridley doesn't take extra damage from fire in brawl.
-Zelda has hilights.
-This is the second time Meta Knight has ever been in 3D in a game. Trophies don't count.
-The bridge of Eldin was massively scaled down, and King Bulblin was scaled down as well.
-Brawl's model of Corneria is the smallest model of the Great Fox in the history of Starfox AND super smash bros.

@ Glyph: Go to training mode as Marth or Ike and counter a smart bomb. Tell me when you take damage.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the spacies
blasters are obviously based on and modeled after the ship blasters that the arwings had, thats why fox's is red.

im not sure about this...
i think there was a power up in SF64 that turned your lasers blue. and that could be why falco's lasers are blue now

also...
when you use sonic and spindash into a wall he does the pushing motion that he uses in his games.

someone verify this...
sonic and snake have the most moves based on previous games than anyone in the series
Snake
jab combo
f-tilt
f-smash
u-smash was in MGS4 i dont know if it was in a game b4 that
d-smash
dash attack
im pretty sure snake is always on the ground, so his airials are made up...
neutral b
down-b
forward-b
up-b. did he ever ride the cypher?

Sonic: these are a little less well known so ill explain some of them
jab combo (Sonic the Fighters)
forward tilt (Sonic the Fighters)
up tilt (Sonic the Fighters)
down tilt (Sonic the Hedgehog 2006)
dash attack (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
forward smash (Sonic the Fighters)
forward air (I believe was in Sonic the Fighters)
down air (Sonic the Fighters)
neutral b (Sonic Adventure)
down b (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
up-b (Every sonic game ever... although he could never spawn them beneath his feet)
also... brawl is the first game sonic could ever swim in

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
The Super Scope predates SF64 by a whole console generation.

The Reflector shields are probably based off the Arwings' and Wolfens' G-Diffuser systems, which allowed them to deflect enemy projectile fire by executing quick barrel rolls.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's a glitch because it happens with smart bombs, and counters don't make marth or ike invincible long enough to stand in the blast.

ANYWAY...

-Rayquaza lives in a lake in the SSE.
-Petey Piranha is scaled down slightly, but not by much.
-All of the stages where you fight people in the SSE are able to be perfectly replicated in stage builder, EXCEPT FOR the fight between Bowser and DDD.
-The mirror shield makes the front half of pit's body invincible.
-The Darknut trophy only appears one time in Twilight Princess, and is the Temple of Time guardian that doesn't work for Ganondorf.

I forgot one more thing. Wolf's wolf flash attack isn't made up, it resembles his dodge in Starfox Assault. In brawl, it just shoots up at an angle instead of straight to the side.

Edit: The superscope item came from the superscope attachment. The superscope is an accessory just like R.O.B.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Starfox 64 was called lylat wars in japan and europe. lylat is a place in the starfox universe. where the stage lylat cruise is based off of.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
15 characters in brawl don't, technically, wear pants, or clothing that covers general areas of nudity:

Bowser (shell)
R.O.B. (naked robot)
Jigglypuff
Yoshi (saddle)
Lucario (THOSE AREN'T PANTS)
sonic (Gloves and shoes)
Diddy kong (shirt and hat)
metaknight (mask, shoulder armor, cape, mask, gloves, and armored shoes, not pants)
charizard
ivysaur
squirtle (shell)
Mr. G&W (helmet, sometimes)
Pikachu (various hats/goggles)
Kirby
Donkey kong (tie)

and maybe olimar's pikmin

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Lylat IS the SF universe. Or rather, the solar system in which it takes place.

Squirt has the shell, not Ivy.

"Shoulder armor" is referred to as a "pauldron". Stick an s on the end to make it plural.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah, the shell was just put in the wrong place, fixed that

i thought lylat was a planet or so, i mean you keep flying through a space battle, asteroid field, and one planet. it wasn't presented too well i guess...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
and i guess metaknight's shoes should be called sabatons, or at least that's the closest thing that looks like them.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
When you pick Shiek with the Wiimote, it still makes the Zelda noise.
(yes I know they're the same person, but its Zeldas high-pitched noise)

Ganon says "booyeah" when you pick him with the Wiimote

Sonics makes the noise of a cash register.

Theres no way of getting out of tournement mode once started.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
in Shadow Moses Island the model for the metal gears are only loaded when they break the wall
before then there is nothing on the other side

Hanai

Smash Cadet
If anybody lands on squrtiles shell, while hes shellsliding, the poor turtle gets flipped on his back, leaving him defencless.

If this happens off-stage, squrtle usually falls to his death.

Jededi4h

Smash Cadet
If you listen to Falco's victory speeches you can tell by his accent that he's clearly from Space Brooklyn. "Hey Tony get you're fachtocha hands off my prey"

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
If you listen to Falco's victory speeches you can tell by his accent that he's clearly from Space Brooklyn. "Hey Tony get you're fachtocha hands off my bread and pizza cake. Don't try it!!"
Fix'd.

---

Yoshi is always described as being a 'light weight' in the Mario Kart series. However, he is one of the heviest characters in Brawl.

The cave drawings from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl make an appearence on the top floor of Spear Pillar.

Every single one of Mr. Game & Watch's movements is based upon a game.

Rayquaza lives in the atmosphere. In the SSE, he probably just using his MASSIVE toilet when Diddy walked in on him. Which explains why he's so pissed.

None of the Pokemon have their real voices. Pokemon don't talk-- they make strange, grunting noises.

Bowser's animation when he gets footstooled is based off of a game I just can't remember right now. And it's pretty funny.

I once heard Snake mutter something while eating, but I don't remember what it was... :(

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
In all of the major Poke'mon games (handheld), the pokemon make Dragon-like noises. anime was where the poke'mon saying their name came from.

Red:"Go! Pikachu!"
Pikachu:"GHLAAGHAHGH!"

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
From Smashbros.com:

■Snake is unique in that only he will utter one of several lines when he eats food.(For example, there’s a 1/100 chance that Snake will say "This is too good!")

majora_787

Smash Hero
in Shadow Moses Island the model for the metal gears are only loaded when they break the wall
before then there is nothing on the other side
The area where they appear also has a HUGE roof over it until they appear, then it vanishes.
Giant Toon Link's bombs make a blast the size of the tower bombs from the Great Sea stage.

Falco really is from space broolyn, and before he joined starfox he was a space greaser.

It had to be done, I'm sorry. XD

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I noticed some more.

The Gekko on Shadow Moses will sometimes climb up onto the broken part of the wall for a second and sometimes they try to get on it and fall right off (It looks hilarious)

Chozo Statue from Zero Mission is in the backround of Norfair.

When you beat Classic or All-Star mode with Ness or Lucas, the O in Congratulations is the Mother symbol.

Zook, Snake says either "Tasty" or occasionly (1/100 chance) "This is to good!" when he eats something.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Metaknight's Final Smash attacks everyone right before it attacks the main person. this attack is dodge-able.

Ganondorf's side-b, over a pit, will grab the opponent in mid-air, and slam them down in a Ganoncide.

Kirby's dash attack is actually a move from his yo-yo powerup in kirby superstar.

Metaknight normally never wears a cape, he usually wears it until kirby shows up and fights him, then he takes it off, he uses it to disappear as well.

snake's grenades stop forward movement and drop directly to the ground if you quickly take out another and press shield to drop it.

sonic is actually very slowed down than he is in his own games.

shadow "chaos controls" without a chaos emerald.

sakurai had some stages built with segments impossible to see without a hacking device.

the brawl stage "final destination" is most closely shaped like smash64's battlefield, minus the platforms.

brawl's "battlefield" shaped mostly like melee's battlefield.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
jigglypuff's white hat is green's hat from pokemon leafgreen.
jigglypuff's straw hat is bug catcher's hat from all the pokemon games.
jigglypuff's sleepy hat is the same hat kirby wears when using the sleep ability.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
yellow alloys are based on mario
green alloys are based on kirby
red alloys are based on captain falcon
blue alloys are based on zelda
[many people may know this but some might not!]

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Sakurai was pretty dumb when he said that... "despite having the exact same amount of jumps, and the same exact attacks as kirby, the green alloy is in no way influenced by kirby's design. TRUST ME!"

Top Bottom