• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easters/little things you've noticed.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
-Snake has Fire camoflauge.
-Olimar is less likely to get purple pikmin on floating platforms
-Falco has a voice that he has never had in any of his previous games, unlike Fox and Wolf.
-ROB and Olimar actually both have a "voice" file in the game. The only characters that don't are the legend of zelda characters.
-Landmasters are scaled up from Starfox Assault, which is where the design came from, except for the treads which came from Starfox 64.
-The melee stages were actually scaled down. Several veterans are actually as big as their melee models, but most were resized.
-People say Ridley cannot be resized for super smash bros despite seeing Olimar, ROB, all of the PT's pokemon, Kirby, Sonic, Ganondorf, Bowser, and most veteran characters even though it's very slight.
Falco had that voice in Assualt.

Also, that "OMG RIDLEY IS NOT TO BIG!" stuff isn't an easter egg or anything at all. Wolf doesn't have the same voice. It's similar but slightly different.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff's design is based on the shiny version of her, not the normal version, unlike the other Pokemon characters.
No, actually. After a bit of Poke-nerdy research, it turns out that Jigglypuff's main costume is based on her normal form, just not on her in-game sprite. Instead, its based on her Ken Sugimori artwork. Her last alternate color (with the little straw hat) is her shiny form, and a few of her other alternates use a closer pallet to her ingame normal form.

Normal Jiggly (in game sprites from RSE onward) - salmon pink skin and blue eyes
Normal Jiggly (Ken Sugimori and other, more detailed sources) - light pink skin and teal eyes
Shiny Jiggly - light purple skin and green eyes

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
No Wolf jokes in Brawl? CANT LET U DEW THAT, LOL!
J/k. =P

-In Delfino Plaza, the pipes leading to Sirena Beach and Pianta Village are missing. The climbable trees are replaced with palm trees, and the cannon leading to Pinna Park is also gone.
-Mario Circuit is actually a similar replica of Mario Kart DS's Figure-8 Circuit.
-When Yoshi is wearing the Bunny Hood, it doesn't extend his second jump. Also, on the back of his Final Smash trophy, his saddle is missing.
-During the SSE, if you don't save anyone from their trophy forms, you'll be left with King Dedede, Ness, Luigi, Kirby, and Sonic. Bowser's forced to join you.
-Capt. Falcon, Sheik, Snake, and Ganondorf each have extra weapons but don't use them. Capt. Falcon and Snake both have guns, Sheik has a dagger, and Ganondorf has the Sword of the Six Sages he stole from the Sacred Realm (now known as the Dark World).

I'll post more later on.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
1. Snake gets scared and covers his ears when grenades explode near him.

2. The cutscene in the SSE where the cast makes a last ditch effort to get into subspace is freakishly more detailed than the others. (You can actually see the individual hairs in Ganondorf's beard, for example.)

3. Sometimes when you die off the bottom of the screen as Pit, he whispers "I'm done for! Ugh!"

4. Some of the areas in the Halberd stages in the SSE are very similar to areas in "Revenge of the Metaknight" in Kirby Superstar.

That's all I can think of for now.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
4. Some of the areas in the Halberd stages in the SSE are very similar to areas in "Revenge of the Metaknight" in Kirby Superstar.
Yes, and notice they also put their classic "room with lots of enemies that are stuck in place and don't do anything" in as well.

In the scene where Snake, Lucario, and Meta Knight find the Mr. Game and Watch copies, all five of the clones are sent out of the window, followed by Snake and Lucario. Meta Knight doesn't take control of the ship until Duon is destroyed. So what was Meta Knight doing, and who was flying the ship?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Falco had that voice in Assualt.

Also, that "OMG RIDLEY IS NOT TO BIG!" stuff isn't an easter egg or anything at all. Wolf doesn't have the same voice. It's similar but slightly different.
I have assault, and they REALLY sound different. It might just be what he's saying.
My point was that virtually no one is their normal size in this game. I just added Ridley for the lulz ^^
Opposite of Falco for Wolf, I thought his voice sounded a lot like the Assault one.

-R.O.B's normal skin in the US version is actually his japanese coloring.
-Wolf's outfit is based off of his Starfox Command outfit, unlike Fox who has an outfit based off of SF Adventures and Falco who has one based off SF Assault, sort of.
-All of Samus's outfits are outfits she's worn in her games.
-Zelda's classic costume makes her look like the melee zelda, but Shiek's classic costume doesn't make him look too much like Shiek.
-All but one of the songs on the melee stages were changed slightly for Brawl.

That's all I've got now. EXCEPT.....

-The metal primid trophy appears to have the same easter egg as Metal Mario in melee.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I have assault, and they REALLY sound different. It might just be what he's saying.
My point was that virtually no one is their normal size in this game. I just added Ridley for the lulz ^^
Opposite of Falco for Wolf, I thought his voice sounded a lot like the Assault one.

-Wolf's outfit is based off of his Starfox Command outfit, unlike Fox who has an outfit based off of SF Adventures and Falco who has one based off SF Assault, sort of.
-Zelda's classic costume makes her look like the melee zelda, but Shiek's classic costume doesn't make her look too much like Shiek.

-The metal primid trophy appears to have the same easter egg as Metal Mario in melee.
^Fixed. And isn't R.O.B.'s standard color the Japanese one, and the greyish one being the American one? Unless I happened to read that wrong...

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i can't blame him for it! a transformer exploded across the street from my house while is was playing my ds by the front door when a drunk driver broke straight through a telephone pole (he happened to pick the telephone pole with the transformer on top D:)... it was the loudest thing ever. it was deeply shocking :p.

it may sound funny or stupid, but it was. XD

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

2. The cutscene in the SSE where the cast makes a last ditch effort to get into subspace is freakishly more detailed than the others. (You can actually see the individual hairs in Ganondorf's beard, for example.)
Snake is so manly, he's not scared. It's just LOUD.

You can see his indivual beard hairs? Wow. I'm going to watch that scene again.

-Zelda's classic costume makes her look like the melee zelda, but Shiek's classic costume doesn't make him look too much like Shiek.

The voice actors could just be a bit off.

I'm pretty sure Wolf's voice is different in Brawl then in assualt. There's some notable differences and Wolf's voice actor in Assualt isn't credited for Brawl on his Wikipedia page (Not the most reliable source but still a good one)

Darkurai

Smash Master
When the creator of the game says Sheik is female, that means stop calling Sheik "he".

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Sheik is zelda, unless sheik thought it was needful to desquise herself (via magic) as a MALE sheikah, I doubt she is.

majora_787

Smash Hero
^Fixed. And isn't R.O.B.'s standard color the Japanese one, and the greyish one being the American one? Unless I happened to read that wrong...
You DID read it wrong. I said his standard costume in the US VERSION is still is FAMICOM coloring.

They need to switch that around. -_-

I have a personal belief that shiek is male, because shiek is zelda's disguise. The disguise wouldn't work as well if all she did was put on a tight suit and cover her head in bandages. BUT I understand why people call shiek a girl.

Actually, I tend to call shiek he out of 87% habit. I have called shiek both he AND she in the same sentence before.

ANYWAY, I looked at a few things in game.
-Wolf has an outfit based off of Leon from the F-Zero series.
-Meta Knight has an outfit based off of Kirby.
-Pokemon reps are the only characters to not have the maximum number of outfits.
-Despite it being said that every character has a unique HRB swing, many swings actually look VERY similar. Some are actually the same, just a wider swing or a different direction.
-The backround for the pikmin stage appears to be taken directly from the Awakening Wood.
-The Fire Emblem trophies are full of JP - US mistakes, like the Dark Knight's sword, and Lyn's age.
-R.O.B.'s final smash is based off of his LCS back when he occupied the P2 slot in Gyromite.
-All of the bosses in SSE that were in previous games were scaled up, except for Rayquaza.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
3. Sometimes when you die off the bottom of the screen as Pit, he whispers "I'm done for! Ugh!"
I am a Pit main and I have never heard him say this. I mean I've died countless times off the bottom of the screen. And its always "awhaahhh" or something like that. Does he say it super fast?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
-Falco has an odd taste for bread and pizza cake
-The combination of moves used in PT's FS would never actually be super effective against any of another PT's pokemon
-Lucario would'nt get stronger as he gets more damage
-all of the spacies' attacks are purely made up
-None of the plants growing in the summit could actually grow at those temperatures

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
-People say Ridley cannot be resized for super smash bros despite seeing Olimar, ROB, all of the PT's pokemon, Kirby, Sonic, Ganondorf, Bowser, and most veteran characters even though it's very slight.
I thought Olimar was only a few inches tall. They resized him to be almost as tall as some of the human adult characters (like Snake and Captain Falcon).

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I thought Olimar was only a few inches tall. They resized him to be almost as tall as some of the human adult characters (like Snake and Captain Falcon).
ROB wasn't resized, since he is an accesory, so they had a chance to give him any size.

Olimar/Kirby/Squirtle/Jigglypuff are actually very small, they were resized bigger.

Charizard/Bowser/Ganondorf/DK were toned down or else they would be too big for brawl.

EDIT: Aren't all the SF characters(and Captain Falcon maybe) have completely made up movesets(Exept for the Blaster maybe)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
ROB wasn't resized, since he is an accesory, so they had a chance to give him any size.

Olimar/Kirby/Squirtle/Jigglypuff are actually very small, they were resized bigger.

Charizard/Bowser/Ganondorf/DK were toned down or else they would be too big for brawl.

EDIT: Aren't all the SF characters(and Captain Falcon maybe) have completely made up movesets(Exept for the Blaster maybe)
Charizard is less than 6 feet tall. :dizzy:

----

Yoshi is based off of his Mario Party design.

There is no cameo of an annoying, shreiking baby Mario in Yoshi's Island. That is an outrage.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
-Falco has an odd taste for bread and pizza cake
-The combination of moves used in PT's FS would never actually be super effective against any of another PT's pokemon
-Lucario would'nt get stronger as he gets more damage
-all of the spacies' attacks are purely made up
-None of the plants growing in the summit could actually grow at those temperatures
Although those moves are made up, in Star Fox Assault, you got to play as Star Fox Wolf, Falco and Fox, and despite this, they have not seen a moveset alteration other than Falcos kicky shiny, and Wolf was just cloned.

Olimar wasn't even a few inches tall, he was about the size of a quarter.
Plus, what is with the giant R.O.B that is never seen again? Unless Capt. Falcon carrys a shrink/grow ray with him?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I am a Pit main and I have never heard him say this. I mean I've died countless times off the bottom of the screen. And its always "awhaahhh" or something like that. Does he say it super fast?
Not super-fast, but it is a bit quiet. The only time I've ever noticed is when I was purposely suiciding and listening for it. :ohwell:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Although those moves are made up, in Star Fox Assault, you got to play as Star Fox Wolf, Falco and Fox, and despite this, they have not seen a moveset alteration other than Falcos kicky shiny, and Wolf was just cloned.
OMG like ther clunes becuz ther speciuls ur teh same lololol!

No.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
-Nowhere in a Metroid game can Samus create small bursts of flame from her arm canon.
-Link is based off of his Twilight princess version, yet he has Navi in a taunt instead of Midna
-Zelda uses Dins Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's wind even though those didnt appear in TP, and she never even used them at all in any game as a matter of fact
-Samus' Brawl version of the power suit isnt actually based off of any of the power suit versions in her games, it looks quite a bit different than any of the ones she actually uses.
-(if I remember correctly) Ganondorf doesnt have the wound in his gut from the Sage's sword, even though he already has the sword in his possesion(which he obtains after getting the wound)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
-(if I remember correctly) Ganondorf doesnt have the wound in his gut from the Sage's sword, even though he already has the sword in his possesion(which he obtains after getting the wound)
But his FS as beast ganon has the wound clearly visible.

also, nearly all the game art of LOZ:TP has link clearly with somewhat blond hair. However, in the game, and in his model, he has very Brown hair, with no blond hair to be seen. not particularly related to brawl, but a sticker of him might show the difference, and the fact that link has always been a blond (in the 3D games, not the first ones).

Top Bottom