• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
im also sure willz i left my melee box at yours...

KMac the GAME you shop at still sells GC games? if i loose my melee its gonna be hard to find a copy.i think Leicester are down to 2 stores that sell GC games
cex have loads what you worrying about

Lawl killerjawz...i speeks to him quite a bit although last time i saw him played him was like October 08

i would bring me wii for Brawl+ as well K.Mac but ma wii disk drive is ****ed can hardly play games at all >.< sounds like a lawn mower
Why is it that the second I stop looking at the regional boards my name gets mentioned? x.x

@Tamoo, yeah Samus wasn't the easiest character to pick up, but shes just to fun. Looking foward to the melee matches just for the pure lulz factor.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
brado can anyone pick me up from train station if i can make it? i say if because of money i spent like 50 pounds going to andys for a smash weekend and ima try my best to gather some money (if anyone can pick me up theyl be picking trio3 and kmac up also) i can bring a sd card for replays if needed or a meele memory card let me know

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Good news: I found my melee disc. :D

Bad news: I had an appointment at the jobcentre last friday (... >_>) so because I missed it I have to wait until Thursday this week to sort it out. My signing day is Wednesday, and because I missed the app. I can't sign on. That means I won't get my usual £160 on Saturday. It also means that I literally have only £50 to last me two weeks.

If I don't turn up on Saturday, it's because I don't have enough for the train. :bee: should make it, it just in case. :mad:

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
brado can anyone pick me up from train station if i can make it? i say if because of money i spent like 50 pounds going to andys for a smash weekend and ima try my best to gather some money (if anyone can pick me up theyl be picking trio3 and kmac up also) i can bring a sd card for replays if needed or a meele memory card let me know
All your chances of being picked up went after you insulted him lol. Go make your own way to the venue like everyone else. Details are on the front page ffs.

Edit:
Posted the route here because you might not know how to navigate to the first page

Train:
Once you exit the station (theres only one entrance/exit) head right towards Granby street,

Continue to the bottom of Granby street and cross the road onto Gallow tree gate,

Continue down Gallowtree Gate until you reach clock tower (basically a giant clock) then

TURN RIGHT onto Humberstone gate and continue until the end of the road,

TURN LEFT and continue (you will be walking down the side of Primark) until you reach the second bus shelter/stop. This will be just outside and to the right of the Haymarket shopping centre.

Catch this bus, the 74, and ask for ANSTEY, if you feel like you need to, ask the driver to tell you when you've reached Anstey. The bus ride will last approximately 20-30 mins max.

One of the major stops is Beamount Leys shopping centre, DONT GET OFF the bus. Anstey will be about 5 minutes more.

Once you get into Anstey, you will know this when you go down a big hill just after a major roundabout, stay onto the bus until you reach Bradgate road/Hollow road. This is around 5minutes into driving around the village. The bus will turn onto Bradgate road after going down a small hill (Link road). Once you get into Anstey it would be VERY useful to ask the driver where BRADGATE ROAD is.

Get off the bus at the Bradgate Road stop. Continue straight down this road in the direction the bus came, and accross the road you will see THE CROWN pub. This is the venue, so cross the road and enter.

This may seem very complicated, but it is pretty simple. If you get lost at any point during the journey, contact either Me, Calzum or Willz.

Brado- 07598328461
Willz- 07863845825
Calzum- 07977783710

If anyone wants the route for the bus station just ask and I will gladly write you one up

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i knew about the details on the 1st page , if u dont know how to read what i asked il say it again , is there any lifts offering like the previous times iv been to leicester? if not il get the bus following the instructions on first page if i can come

Tamoo

Smash Master
Brado: Are there gonna be pools for melee or just straight into bracket?
Also, any seeding going on for melee? Cos I’d like to know potential seeds beforehand hehe, they’re my targets ;)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Lifts

My mother might be offering lifts to anyone that wants them unless you're called Calzorz. Just contact me with the time you arrive and we'll come and pick you up!

Out of the current confirmed list, the top seeds for Melee should be myself, Tamoo, Yeniths, Zunari and Trio (loolololol).

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm a londoner, I would like housing. Please get in touch with me, I'm having fresher's week and it's so freakin' hectic that I can't keep up with this thread. Thanks.

Brado

Smash Lord
I'm doing both tournaments in straight brackets, and I'll try and do seeding for both games also. Willz I'm pretty much as good as you at melee n00b, I'll be taking everyone's sugggestions on seeding's.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I will place top 3 in Melee. My skill level is probably not enough to beat Tamoo, but I will get 2nd cuz I wanna place that. =]

Brado

Smash Lord
I think if we play in a set it will be good matches.

Calzum was telling me how he might quit competitive smash, I'm sure the community would miss him

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Lifts

My mother might be offering lifts to anyone that wants them unless you're called Calzorz. Just contact me with the time you arrive and we'll come and pick you up!

Out of the current confirmed list, the top seeds for Melee should be myself, Tamoo, Yeniths, Zunari and Trio (loolololol).
I dont even fckin play Melee, only at weekends if George comes, and im Seeded already, whats this **** about Brawl players sucking at Melee, BULL****.

Brado

Smash Lord
Lol i'm the final decision on seedings, so i'll be doing them on the day. Don't worry Trio, you won't beat me on melee this time =)

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Tuesday today, if Londoners need accommodation for friday or saturday contact Fuzzy!

I'm a very busy man this week

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
yo tamoo, do you think you could pick up some things at mine for gary before you go? he has hardly any clothes in leicester x_X
No.
I'm collecting everything when I'm home at the end of October.

What I do need however is people telling me whether or not they need accommodation for friday and/or saturday.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Willz, can I take your offer of a lift again like I did last time?

Curse my bloody bad eyesight D: I will 150% get lost if I have to use the bus. (I would've got lost going to calz' house for the first time if I didn't text him when I got to asda. tru fax.)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
iv got 5 pounds currently which ima spend on a burger king tomorrow at college , so yea doesnt look like i can gather the money to travel to this (my own fault for going to trios for a smash weekend when i knew i was low on cash) il keep u updted if i cant make it sorry to people who was expecting me there :(

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Sucks for you Cal. You owe me £3 still remember.

Also,
I CHALLENGE ANYONE TO 1 HANDED MONEY MATCHES ON EITHER GAMES. I WILL BEAT EVERYONE. MAN UP AND ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Hehe, in that case, Im willing to stoop as low as me being limited to kirby and pichu lol, any takers at all?
Have to see what our friendlies are like at brads. I'm really not a melee player but ive done ok in some of my games so well see how things go.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I will do that as well Tamoo.

But I want a 1handed MM in Brawl as well. All £1 each.

Top Bottom