• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yaaay gary! You just spectating I take it?

And nah KJ, if i come up against a brawler who is doing the great justice of entering melee for the banter, then it is only fair I go falcon :)

Oh and the prob with friendlies is that ppl who need tvs dont know which tvs are being used or which are friendlies, so they have to ask, which could destract ppl if they are in the middle of actual matches.
Its just easier to leave all friendlies to before and after the tournament for smooth running.

Also, I have decided to definitely enter brawl, so I hope some of you guys step it up and enter melee too :)

And my lowtiers are dishing out money matches if ppl are interested, ie. I can only pick chars up to luigi for the whole mm hehe, anyone man enough?

Almas

Smash Lord
If someone is holding a pre-fest the night before (e.g. housing me and a few others from wherever, with some smash for most of the night) then I'll come to the entire thing. PM me or something though, I'm not too active right now. Just moved into university. Tamoo, I'm having real trouble finding your guy ;p. Me and the IC guy are in the same hall of residence, and I think I know his room. But I can't find him. Then again, I never asked his name... so feh.

Whoah... Why the heck is Kongo 64 a CP? It's far less balanced than other maps that are part of the larger group of CPs, IMO. Should either just go for the 6, or a much larger choice range (e.g. including Poké Floats, Mute City, Brinstar, that jazz).

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm I dunno how to help you there lol, I guess try out the gaming society, I dunno when they meet but I know they were interested in going there. Also, I gave you their names and email i think?? If I didnt, Ill send them to ya but yeah, just email the ICs guy and ask to meet him or something, and you will eventually get through to Dave aswell that way.

And I personally think kongo jungle 64 is a very neutral stage, its neutral in the sbr ruleset so its a pretty legit stage to have as a cp, moreso than any other cp stage I can think of tbh.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Im glad brado put another stage on after all my pestering haha

Oh shi- under a week...thank god first EM fest in how long?

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
I was thinking of putting another stage on the melee CP list to make it up to 5. Are there any stage/s that are about even to KJ64?

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
If Londoners need housing I will gladly offer it providing people bring something to sleep with otherwise you'll be sleeping on the carpet :)

Yeh let me know what your plans are people!
I'll be playing in both melee + brawl as well as making some of the DMU Gaming Society people attend.

Tamoo

Smash Master
good **** gary! Who you bringin out in melee, link lol?

And the only other stage that comes close to being as neutral is probably rainbow cruise, as it is technically a neutral in the sbr rulelist

Any particular reason my name's in pink on the first page lol? I like it :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I wanted to house Prof & TC but I could only do that on the Friday. Maybe I could house one night you the other? Or you house both of them both nights? (Their choice though I guess)

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
I could possibly house around 2 maybe 3 max since the room I'm living in is spacious.

Yeh people who are coming do let me know!

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Im confused, how are you going to house people lol.

You're uni must be down there right?
Prof I attend De Montfort University which is a 5 minute walk from the city centre. I'd also travel with people on the Saturday to the venue and back.

Brado

Smash Lord
I went to check out the venue today, and I have no idea why I thought it was so small. The area we have is quite spacious and could hold at least 30ish. Set-up wise i'm going to be aiming for 6, maybe 7?

I'm still looking for people to bring set-ups though, so far we have 4, so 2 more please.
A set-up would be a Wii + Melee + Brawl.

Set-ups-

Me
Willz
Trio
Calzm

We need 2 more please!

@Tamoo
You have a pink name on the first page because you main Jiggs =D

Brado

Smash Lord
I think he did, I cba to go back a few pages though, so I'll wait til he posts again.

Willz can you confirm the amount of TV's your bringing, I've got around 3 myself, so if you can bring 2/3 that'd be awesome

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I can bring most likely 3 as well. Hopefully my 20inch HDTV (I've got HD cables for my Wii so you should use this for Brawlz), my spare TV and either my parents TV or Sams.

Brado

Smash Lord
Okays that sounds cool, just make sure your parents are cool bringing them down for 11. I need to be set up as soon as possible to make sure we get everything done.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yo whats up guys, jsut has an awsome weekend playing smash nonstop, never played it so much in my life lol. Thanks for coming you guys man, Calz is still too good, we need more epic teams combos Calz son, that combo on Kmac was epic. George has got way better at Melee and Brawl, cant beat his marth on Melee now lool, and his Marth has gotten alot better on Brawl too, keep that up George. Kmac needs to stop losing to my Ganon xD, gotta say the matchup between MK and Ganon isnt that bad, cuz MK is so light and Ganon takes so much % of MK, and kills him easy LMFAO. Dooan u ahve got alot better at Brawl IMO, and i wasnt expecting u to be so good at Melee xD, keep training to beat my Falco loool, on both games.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Haha i actually sold brawl yesterday :)

Ill still enter for the banter tho

Ill bring a melee disk to be remotely useful, but i aint cycling for 10 miles with a cube on my back :ohwell:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
i'm not going on my own again >__>

if no one wants to go with me this time i'm gonna go to the next event

J03

Smash Master
Tamoo are you attending this? you just piqued my interest.

Is there any cars travelling there that go close to the NW, will pay fuel money and im actually a good guy rofl

Tamoo

Smash Master
wow, would be pretty cool if you made it,

and yeah, def coming to this, got my tickets and housing and everything, trying my best to attend everything i can these days cos i got noone to practice with

Brado

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone is travelling by car from NW. I think Solid-pit was considering it, but I don't think he's coming unless 4 others go with him. If you guys could get a car load from NW it would be awesome.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
i'm not going on my own again >__>
if no one wants to go with me this time i'm gonna go to the next event
Go to the tournament with Tamoo.
If you wish to be housed let me know!

Besides you + tamoo is there anyone else from London who's going to this tournament!?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Yes, Brado, I will bring my Wii and a copy of Brawl / Brawl+ for giggles.

I could potentially bring a HD cable for the Wii also (if there will be enough hdtvs) but it's a pain in the arse for me to remove from my TV so I'm not bringing it unless I must.

I would bring a copy of Melee too but I've had it misplaced. In the event I find it I'll bring it also, though it might be that that mystery copy of Melee that was left at Willz' last fest might have actually been mine. =/

Andy, did I leave anything at your house? -just checking.-

Also, the best desktop wallpaper ever: http://i33.tinypic.com/34g3ckw.png

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Lawl killerjawz...i speeks to him quite a bit although last time i saw him played him was like October 08

i would bring me wii for Brawl+ as well K.Mac but ma wii disk drive is ****ed can hardly play games at all >.< sounds like a lawn mower

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I would bring a copy of Melee too but I've had it misplaced. In the event I find it I'll bring it also, though it might be that that mystery copy of Melee that was left at Willz' last fest might have actually been mine. =/
Yours went missing also? Well someone must have taken mine AND your Melee copies then. Fortunately Yen gave me one of his spares. But someone has our Melee copies still. :mad:

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I swear I put it in my bag on my way out. I just need to seriously raid my room for it.

It's no big deal if I have lost it; I still have my memory card so I suppose I could just john at GAME and Gamestation until I find a used copy in the bargain bin xD

I suck at Melee anyway; no johns.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
im also sure willz i left my melee box at yours...

KMac the GAME you shop at still sells GC games? if i loose my melee its gonna be hard to find a copy.i think Leicester are down to 2 stores that sell GC games

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nooo! My good camera broke
which means no montage thingy
Ill bring my crappy camera along to like record finals and **** just incase noone else with something better comes along but sorry guys.

I should be getting it fixed before the next one of these rolls round so ill be able to do something better then :)

Top Bottom