• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Prof living up to the title of Smash Hero LOOOOL.

willz prices are on the rise ;-;

Brado

Smash Lord
Urghh I have no ideaa on Set-ups atm. I'm assessing the venue on saturday for where everything will go and then I will round up as many TV's as will fit. It should be around 5/6, so we're gonna have to make do with that.

Brado

Smash Lord
Oh yah, I forgot to ask about set-ups, we'll be needing another 2/3. And if somebody could bring another SD card with all the hacks on that would be useful to borrow for the day. I have my Wii hacked but nothing put on it yet.

Confirm me some set-ups guysss, 2 or 3 more pleaseee

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I'll bring my Wii. No problems there (but if the power pack blows, sue me.)

I've got character textures and infinite replay on it, so if you want I can probably bring my laptop and copy the files across to your SD for you as well. I can't bring a TV though.

@ Rake: HOW DARE YOU ASK YENS FOR TEAMS. I THOUGHT WE ***** LAST TIME. -cry.- T-T; I ain't teaming with Calzum. I thought we were a pretty good team last time... combination of tactics and defense and outright in-their-face a-spam. =/

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I'll bring my Wii. No problems there (but if the power pack blows, sue me.)

I've got character textures and infinite replay on it, so if you want I can probably bring my laptop and copy the files across to your SD for you as well. I can't bring a TV though.

@ Rake: HOW DARE YOU ASK YENS FOR TEAMS. I THOUGHT WE ***** LAST TIME. -cry.- T-T; I ain't teaming with Calzum. I thought we were a pretty good team last time... combination of tactics and defense and outright in-their-face a-spam. =/
we had tactics? :S

i mean no offence kyle, just wanna try teaming with various people to see who i work best with

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Kyle also bring ur Wii to mine this Friday, be at Barnsley train station for 4:30, i'll come get u, calz and Dooan, George will be coming abit later on.

Jankai

Smash Journeyman
I cant come to this, purly because i'm going across to bangor(for free may i add) to see my mates at uni, along with pulling off the best prank known to man(well not the best but its good) :)

Sorry about this guys, but tbh its a bit up in the air up here in the NW people saying they'll come if theres lifts and what ever, TO anyone in the northwest, if you talk to solid, i think hes going off the basis of a full car and people putting too to petrol means he will go. Atleast thats what we talked about last weekend when i asked him :) sorry guys, should be ok for the next one if it isnt on at the same time as warehouse project :p

Almas

Smash Lord
I might come to this, I'm ashamed at you all for not playing Brawl+. I'm free in London from tomorrow, meaning I don't have to see any of your ugly faces any more =).

Brado

Smash Lord
Thats bad news Jankai...at least Solid-Pit seems willing to come, now we just need 4 more from the NW to go with him >.<

Almas you should definately come, you've got a great shot at melee and i'm sure one of the TV's will have Brawl+ on at one point.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
I might come to this, I'm ashamed at you all for not playing Brawl+. I'm free in London from tomorrow, meaning I don't have to see any of your ugly faces any more =).
If i could get it i would so totally play it (the wii's my dads so i cant hack it)
it is so immense man :p
COME AND BRING IT WITH YOU!!!!!

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm, tickets for the train have arrived, I guess im pretty much fully confirmed for this then :)

Brado, Ill need to talk to you at some point about how to get to your house from leicester station

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I never really understood why uk has a 3 pound entre fee isn't that extremely gay for the people who travel a long distance.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah i agree with that too. I would have thought £5 entry fee at least. Like us that gotta spend £30 to get to leicester and back.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Higher entry fees should only be considered if it wont deter ppl from entering the tournament. I for one would prefer lower entry fees for melee, even if it means potential pots are smaller, as long as more ppl are playing melee its good.
People are too money oriented these days, especially brawlers, people should come and play for the love of the game

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
we dont love the game enough to pay £40 for a chance at winning £15,

Calzorz

Smash Lord
haha makos agreeing on this action good **** son , 5 -10pound would be nothing for entry fees american tournys are like 20-30 for singles 40 per team in doubles and u guys complain over raising from 3 or 2 to 5? i travel alot for winning pennys , and tbh it isnt as enjoyable raising the entry fees makes a bigger pot making it something worth fighting for which is the bonus , we love the game stil yea ? who doesnt so dont give me that bull about traveling to meet people and ur suposed to love the game cos iv done it so many times also dont say u only say this cos ur gaurenteed 1st/2nd HOW THE HELL AM I GAURENTEED 1st or 2nd if i am its because the competition is low and iv put more time into brawl STEP IT UP

Brado

Smash Lord
Dude your talking about the big tournaments Calzorz. Go find me loads of regional tournaments that have $20+ entry fee's, you wont find many. This is a small regional event, not a national, if it were a national I would be charging considerably higher, but it isn't.

Calzorz stop being such a ****, you aren't guaranteed those placings but you know your considerably better than the majority of the competition. It doesn't necessarily mean you put more time into the game. You really are just about the worst rep for the UK as possible.

And would people stop complaining about the pot, theres nothing wrong with coming for a chance to win £50ish.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
worst rep for the u.k lol i dont care because i want some money for placing good? dude if u go to america ul be lucky to find people who are not like that stop being a idiot they wanting 2 grand im wanting what like 50 hahahah dum as and even small events charge 20 u idiot do some reseaerch before u think u know alot

EDIT
also my power time is 2321:35
play time : 1030:14
power count: 834
Vs play match total 14300 ( i use training mode alot)
Offline Vs Matches Played : 5967
Online Matches Played : 8333 (dont even use wifi in months)
Online play time with freinds : 450:19

i dont put more time in? beat that fool
i had a year out last year and had alot of spare time now im brick laying i do not have that sort of time but stil my point is i spent more time to get good

Brado

Smash Lord
You do some research, nearly every SMALL event I have seen cost somehwere from $5-$15 max. Go find me some that cost more than $20 and then your right. So please stop thinking You know a lot, when obviously you cant tell the difference between Genesis and a small regional tournament. You apparently don't want 50, you've been asking for me to raise the entry higher, so obviously you want more. And again, try and find a regional that has any more than $2000 as the pot, you won't find one.

I never claimed you didn't have the most playtime, I meant that play time doesnt = skill.

Your rather dumb for like..a 17/18 year old.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
haha yea little ******s stick up for each other , brado uv gone from saying events charge so little to 15 why the sudden change cos u know im right? heres 1 example :
Spectator fee:
$5 dollars or a person at the least buy a merchandise from the store ranging from $2 and up (vitamin water, fruit-juice, water, etc). Ask for a receipt Show it as proof that you brought something.

Price - $10 Venue Fee
Price - $10 person for 1v1
Price - $20 team for 2v2 ($10 per person

have to pay to spectate but yes this is 10 dollars 25 attending and 2 days to go

also i never said raise it to 10pounds i said 5 gives us something worth fighting for

also a small amount attend Tournament Fees -

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles and Doubles - $10 Per Person/$20 Per Team

Naruto GNT 4, Naruto Revolution 2, Naruto Shippuuden EX 3 - Free Entry!

All Other Tournaments - $5 Per Person

Brawl+ - $1 Per Person dang a fun side event nearly beats our entry fee

w/e im sick of saying it brado ur a ***** ***** shut ur dumb as up

gm jack

Smash Lord
For some people, £2 increase is going to be a days food. You go in and make at least your money back. You rely on people going who know the chances of them making money are next to nil, and go for fun and the chance to play new people. If the price goes up, those people who are prepared to essentially give money away to play are less likely to keep turning up.

If you have a problem with low fees, set up your own tournament. Until then, let the organisers do their thing.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Calz, what will you do if you stop winning tournaments because people start getting better, are you going to stop coming just because you cant win your money back anymore?
Playing for money is not right, I woulda travelled to this regardless of the pot, even if it was 0 even though i know Ive got a good chance at it, cos i love melee. Maybe brawl just isnt fun enough for you guys, dunno,
now stop complaining bout the pot man, just let the TO be, his tournament, his choice, just be thankful there are people in this country willing to put the effort into organising these things.

Anyway, on a lighter note, is recording happening for melee? Im bringing a very good quality camera to this regardless cos I want some vids of me and others up there on youtube for others to see. Ill be recording all the finals, and other interesting matches throughout, and maaaaybe even a small brawl + melee montage thing to help promote this in the future.

Brado

Smash Lord
I'm not shutting up, your the dumb ****er. I quote from you "even small events charge 20 u idiot ".

So you find me an event that charges 10.

You are a very stupid person.

Well done on making yourself look a fool.

@gmjack

thanks for speaking more truth.

Edit
@Tamoo

Thanks for offering recording, i doubt willz will be doing any. I'm looking forward to seeing something like that montage you mentioned, would be cool and good for the community. I'm glad some peole appreciate the effort I am going through to organise this properly, i'm 15 ffs >.>

Deathgazer

Smash Ace
well most if not all people play melee/ brawl because they enjoy it and want competition, not because they want money. you see at Genesis, when Mango won, he threw alot of his money into the crowd because people dont play to win money.

and yer, this is the first mini-tournament in leicester and smaller fees would attract more people to enter.

Brado

Smash Lord
Thank you for being cool with it all Deathgazer, it helps when there's money grabbing jerks like calzorz in our community.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
im bringing my video camara to record a few melee matchs and speeking to some people although Tamoo's is probz better then mine =p

@deathgazer its the 4th(?) smashfest in leicester but the first outside of somebodys house lawl

Tamoo

Smash Master
Actually, Mango only threw out like 50 dollars apparantly, well, i say only lol

Still mango doesnt go for money, its obvious. I dunno if many of you know about the recent GameUnicon scandal but none of the prize money got paid out at that tournament cos it was run by a conman who is now arrested, and all mango said in response was 'Beating M2K is the only prize I need'.
True Smasher right there.

And yeah, montage should be fun to do, should attract more people next time which is only a good thing

Also, Brado, your house def cool then yeah? For fri and sat?
Im gonna be getting into Leicester at around 2130 on friday and leaving at 11 on sunday.

Brado

Smash Lord
Yeah mango seems like on the more cool smashers, and he mains the best character ;]

Your cool for both days Tamoo, just call me if you need directions etc, i'll be happy to guide you to my house. (:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
In my opinion there is explanations for why tourney entry fees cost too much or dont cost enough. Yeah like Tamoo said, ppl wont go to play for a high entry fee cuz they know there gonna end up losing anyway. Also on the other hand, the better players put more time into their game, and therefore more likely to win, and also deserve to win because they have put time and effort into training. I know some ppl are more busy than others and dont get time to play, what im gonna say to that is find time if u like the game so much. I play Brawl quite abit on my own, putting time and effort into it, so i deserve to place high and win.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
yes im money grabbing? dont be stupid tamoo i wud never leave cos i stopped winning money i just think whoever wins deserves a bit more than what they are currently getting as all we actually do in the u.k is fests/ranbats u need to stop acting like a clever **** brado i heard u had **** with trio3 aswell emo ******

and me sitting 6 hours on a coach for london surely shows i aint botherd aobut money , how can the people who havent gone out of east midlands actually say im a money grabbers because i win lol haters gtfo i travel for the game i like u just sit ur *** in east midlands brado willz has actually been other places

Top Bottom