• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf, he just posted it. #200. I actually want you to vote along with him. Tell me what you think of his reasoning.

Gheb, I agree with your reads. Yet I still think Tale-spin is also scum. I'll also tell you why I missed the "Oh you are defending Tcat... interesting..." comment. It's because I was focusing on his question in that same post, and not the whole post. I'll go into why I agree with your reads momentarily.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think T-Spin's scummy. He's looking at things from a different angle and that might lead people to fall for the same old "he disagrees with me, he's not on my side!"-fallacy, that most tools keep falling for. Don't wagon him for being capable of using his own brain.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, I never actually asked you - or anybody else - why they missed Ryu's comment. I said "how could anybody miss that?" It was a rhetorical implication that is shouldn't have been missed, not a request to actually tell me why you missed it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I still disagree. I still think he is trying to force a read on Tcat, instead of discovering she is doing something scummy right out of the bat. I also think it's possible Tale-spin and AM can be scum together, which may be why he didn't push towards Tale-spin and instead attacked TBG.

What do you think of Badwolf, btw? (And his opinions on Tale-spin/RR)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't really care about Badwolf or his opinions. He hasn't done anything scummy and that's good enough for the time being.

I still think he is trying to force a read on Tcat, instead of discovering she is doing something scummy right out of the bat.
What? @bolded.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Meaning, it would be more believable if he stated the reason he felt Travelling cat was scummy initially, instead of just using the 'interaction' as a reason and then giving reasons later. It gives him time to make up reasons for a fake stance.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
man my lifes just a painting and i paint you a picture man, think about it
a young paid *** *****
this dat STUNTIN votecount!!

otecount 1.7

deadline is feb 10 12 am est 7 to lynch

vinyl (1): badwolf28738
gheb (1): vinyl.
t spin (3): gymmo, ranmaru, traveling cat
traveling cat (1): t spin
tbg (1): aggressive mediation
kraken puns (1): red ruy
badwolf (1): kraken puns
red ruy (1): gheb
not voting (3): tbg, frozenflame751, glyph

[collapse=voting log]tbg -> none
aggressive mediation -> tbg
kraken puns -> gymmo -> none -> badwolf
red ruy -> aggressive mediation -> kraken puns
frozenflame751 -> none
ranmaru -> gymmo -> t spin
gymmo -> t spin
vinyl. -> circus
traveling cat -> t spin
gheb -> red ruy
glyph -> none
badwolf -> vinyl.
t spin -> traveling cat[/collapse]

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Apologies folks. Had some very serious RL johns these past two days. Had to help a friend who had been ***** get to a hospital and talk to the police and file a report and whatnot. I basically just got up after sleeping for half a day after a completely sleepless night prior. >_<

She's fine now though and pressing charges, so things are looking up.

Now to get to the game:

5. frozenflame751 - What is the gameplan for your insight right now? I know you fall behind but what do you plan to do to make up for it if it does fall a tad behind?
What do you mean by the "gameplan for my insight"? I'm seriously confused.

Well seeing as how I've already fallen behind, my plan would be to just keep reading until I'm caught up. Now that I've already done that, I'll go over the more significant exchanges again to see if I can get some reads.

@ AM: I don't remember you extending that kind of an offer to me. What game was it in? Was I in a hydra or something? Show me the game that was in and I'll think about it. =P

And what's this **** with you *****ing out and pointing then gun at Kraken?

"AM! Be cool! AM, it's cool baby. It's cool! We're still just talkin'. Come on point the gun at me. Point the gun at me."

[AM whips [his] gun towards FF]

There you go. Now Kraken, you just hang back and don't do a goddamn thing."

#namedatquote

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Kraken Puns was getting attention there, but what I don't like is how TCat voting TSpin with relation to this.

Nor have I liked his pushes, Badwolf push is terrible off his AM read.

No I am getting reads from this, Badwolf is not wording himself like a scummer at all, nor has he done anything worth being voted for. I have a hard time seeing Badwolf as scum with how he has responded to others.

Ran's approach to TSpin looks like a townie sure of a read over a scum one. I think he is very very wrong but I don't think his approach is bad though misguided.

@Ran: I'm not answering what game, I'm not telling you this because you need to stop overthinking like you did in Hearts Mafia. This is not a player I can drop hints for or it will taint my read on them.

Also why are you telling Badwolf to vote vote with Gheb?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Apologies folks. Had some very serious RL johns these past two days. Had to help a friend who had been ***** get to a hospital and talk to the police and file a report and whatnot. I basically just got up after sleeping for half a day after a completely sleepless night prior. >_<

She's fine now though and pressing charges, so things are looking up.

Now to get to the game:

What do you mean by the "gameplan for my insight"? I'm seriously confused.

Well seeing as how I've already fallen behind, my plan would be to just keep reading until I'm caught up. Now that I've already done that, I'll go over the more significant exchanges again to see if I can get some reads.

@ AM: I don't remember you extending that kind of an offer to me. What game was it in? Was I in a hydra or something? Show me the game that was in and I'll think about it. =P

And what's this **** with you *****ing out and pointing then gun at Kraken?

"AM! Be cool! AM, it's cool baby. It's cool! We're still just talkin'. Come on point the gun at me. Point the gun at me."

[AM whips [his] gun towards FF]

There you go. Now Kraken, you just hang back and don't do a goddamn thing."

#namedatquote
Ouch....uhhh, I'm sorry? Not something I expected to read today.

Anyways, want to here about what you think of TSpin, Kraken Puns, and TCat more so.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You yourself stated that he ignored your question. Do you take it back?
Who is this refering to?

Kraken or TSpin?

If Kraken, called him out for ignoring my wall, if TSpin on that thing Ran said that's not even a good tell.

Your post had a picture on top and was a list of questions to every player. It wasn't a one-two line post that could be missed.
This isn't refering to Kraken, this is ment for how Tspin couldn't have missed that Ran talked about.

I wasn't aware there was a wagon on KP. Please state how you got this and why it is interesting that I 'joined the opposing wagon'.
Votes weren't there but interest was building in Kraken.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
whale this is all very interesting.

@RR;
3. Kraken Puns (Anomandaris_Rake/Kary) - Frozenfame, Aggressive Mediation, Glyph, Circus, who is the hardest for you to read of the four?
we put our heads together. provided all four were active, we think we'd have the hardest time reading AM. and no, we weren't ignoring the question.

on the subject of your questions, what led you to start the game with that style of post? It's something I more expect from say Swiss than yourself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've learned to adapt it since I think it helps get my reads going a bit better, it's what led to my Badwolf town lean, it also helps me get some insight on possible connections developing.

I shamelessly copied Swiss, but I like what it can accomplish so I do it in my games now. Same thing with reading into how people word their posts, that is a very very good skill to learn and it useful for getting reads.

I'd like your opinion of Ranmaru and Gheb so far with what they recently posted, more so Gheb's reads and reasoning.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Well, it looked like you sheeped. Giving t-spin a reaction sounds dumb and I do not really see what's t-spins reaction would mean, and since you're looking so cunning about it, I don't see your point.
Vinyl, water you doing with your vote right now?

Hmmm...interesting note here.

You come back to defend TCat.

Don't think it's indicative yet, since I'm not sure if either of your are my top pick atm.
Gheb more or less sank this ship already

Kraken Puns explain your Badwolf vote right now in-depth or admit it has literally no backing. I won't tolerate that jump because it's utter crap.
wow, pushing someone to see how they react, early D1! way out of line

Both of you give me a read on each other.

If it's not SOLID town or SOLID scum, ask each other a question that will help to get a stronger read.
ahahahahaahahahhhahahaha
YESSS THREAD POWER GRAB!

I mean seriously if you wanted our read on tcat you could've just asked, right? why did you think it was a good idea to try and force more interactions between us?

By whatever means necessary, obtain a more concrete read on tcat by the end of the Day phase. Sooner is better than later.
i'm shaking, i'm shaking

I also forget why we need to focus on tcat particularly?

Kraken, I want your thoughts on these two quotes, just wait for them to answer me first before expressing your thoughts, thanks.
remind me to answer this. having seen their answers i can also tell you more about the quotes... do you want me to just talk about the quotes themselves?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu this looks a lot like an aimless kinda question. you shore this is what you want to be asking?

Unvote
Yes it is. And it's not aimless.

I want your thoughts on what Gheb posted so far more so his reads with reasoning.

Then looking at what Ran posted back with his agreement to Gheb on reads.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Right now:

Super town:
4. Red Ryu

Town lean:
6. Ranmaru
12. BadWolf28738
13. T-Spin Double Kill (Potassium/T-Block)

Null:
11. DtJ Glyphmoney
8. Vinyl.
10. Gheb_01

Want Info:
1. TBG
2. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry)
7. Gymmo
5. frozenflame751

Scum leans:
9. traveling cat
3. Kraken Puns (Anomandaris_Rake/Kary)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm coming back tonight with a vengeance.

Ruy explain to me how both Crack 'N Puns and TCat are scum together.
How they are interacting with each other in relation to the events going on makes me think there is a chance they are connected.

How the voting on TSpin went down seems like TCat jumped on rather fast and doesn't may much mind to Kraken's answers

Oh I gotcha. I see what you're saying.

No, not really hypocrite. My post there was contradictory. But other than talking to me, he didn't bother to answer RR's question, which he could have easily done (he happily replied to Gymmo about the Kraken though >_>). Why I find it bothersome is that urging people to move along or scum hunt can be a good way for scum to seem helpful while not really doing anything.

Ran, it's like you're reading my mind.
Vote: T-spin

You've got to be kidding me. >:[
I don't like this vote.

It's a fast jump on and I don't see much thought that led up to why TCat wanted to see TSpin voted himself.

Kraken and TCat seem to be rather ok with each other at this point even with Kraken going to say.

What makes it scum poor over bad town poor ?
Why did Kraken go for this question, does he have a town read of TCat playing poorly?

It's something I want to look into right now, best lead atm with what has been posted.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Here's what I think so far.

I think Tale-spin's 'raised eyebrow' reactions are fake, same as his stance on TC/Kraken. I also feel his reason for doubting TC scum + TBG scum is weak. He has more evidence of TBG possibly being scum than his stance on Tcat. I don't think he really believes Travelling Cat is scum, and is being lazy scum voting whoever he can, for an 'interaction'. The reason why I feel he is not just lazy town, is because there is a vague reason for him choosing Travelling Cat over Kraken, and then it seems like he tries to maliciously force 'reactions' to make his stance on her fit, which as I said, are weak as all hell. I wouldn't think there would be any lazy town motivation to single out someone for no reason. I think it's possible he may be trying to avoid TBG, as scum (with him). I don't even see a stance on Kraken, and instead one on Red Ryu. I feel his stance on RR was just a 'Oh hey I'll just throw it out there to give the town some info, whoo hee!' stance.

I also do think TBG is scum as well, for trying to use sickness as an excuse for not elaborating on his Kraken stance, without really ever expressing it before. Just a slight scum lean though.

Unvote Vote: T-spin Double Kill

Travelling Cat, Kraken, join me?
AM, do you agree on Tale-Spin? Give me thoughts on him.
Ran did you have a town read on TCat and Kraken here?

If not, why did you ask them to join so easily if they aren't town reads?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Whenever I see someone put themselves as 'obvtown' or whatever in those lists of all the current players it just makes me think they're scummier.

Also whoa guys stop posting so much

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Who is this refering to?

Kraken or TSpin?

If Kraken, called him out for ignoring my wall, if TSpin on that thing Ran said that's not even a good tell.

This isn't refering to Kraken, this is ment for how Tspin couldn't have missed that Ran talked about.
The post you asked me that question, you quote a part where I am talking to Ran about Kraken Puns ignoring your question at the beginning, NOT T-spin. And when you stated that Kraken ignored you question, I find it very odd you go and ask me later how Kraken ignored it instead of just missing it. Are you even paying attention, or are you just posting questions to look like an active scum hunter? :glare:

Votes weren't there but interest was building in Kraken.
That is weak justification.

I mean seriously if you wanted our read on tcat you could've just asked, right? why did you think it was a good idea to try and force more interactions between us?
I agree with Kraken on this. Especially since our forced interaction at the beginning is what started T-spins reading me as scummy.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
The post you asked me that question, you quote a part where I am talking to Ran about Kraken Puns ignoring your question at the beginning, NOT T-spin. And when you stated that Kraken ignored you question, I find it very odd you go and ask me later how Kraken ignored it instead of just missing it. Are you even paying attention, or are you just posting questions to look like an active scum hunter? :glare:

That is weak justification.

I agree with Kraken on this. Especially since our forced interaction at the beginning is what started T-spins reading me as scummy.
Bluh bluh, wrong link here. Meant to link #149

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Man... I think I no longer have the attention span to play this game. Hello everyone =)

I dislike Gymmo already... why did he feel the need to fabricate reasoning for his first vote?

Wait, am I supposed to comment on something relevant?

see: my latest post;

Tl Dr;

Last time I was in a game with wulf he rode up on ryker harder than a small dog on any object. Every time it was brought up he could hardly substantiate it ; Without doing yet more of the same(i.e consistent and hard buddying). Read his notes on AM; Felt the same to me; Voted him; We'll see what he does with this AM read;

/explanationsofexplanations
I don't understand this post, or what you're trying to do KP. You vote BW, asking him to explain about AM. Then he answers some of your questions... but then before even addressing his responses you're already talking about what you're expecting to see from his responses. Are you actually interested in what he has to say about AM, or are you just putting up a facade of activity? Do you really think your questioning is going to be as effective when you've already revealed what it is exactly that you're going to do with his responses? More importantly, why has your follow-up questioning been along the lines of "are you scum", which is a waste of everyone's time, rather than following up on his reasoning on AM? Also, what was the last game you were in with him, where he was riding Ryker?

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Vinyl., sorry to hear about your hand. Can you give us a date as to when we can expect more from you? In the meantime, if your posting ability is limited, it's even more important to make each post count. What does RR's questioning style tell you about his alignment?

Someone give me up-to-date meta on Vinyl.

Ruy, my other head has you as town, but I'm not sure I share that opinion yet. Have you gleaned anything from Vinyl's play so far, despite his limited posts?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is that the Pokemon Trainer Side or the Diddy side that has me as town :p

Nothing is telling atm from Vinyl but I put him on the back burner atm since I've been reading into more specific interactions. I'll give it a go when my ranked streak is done.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Badwolf your attitude towards us makes no sense.

Collection of BadWolf's posts:

On Ran's post against us:
I like the logic but can we get some quotes to back it up please?
After Ran asks what about his logic he liked:
Your logic made sense. Base line. It's the beauty of the game.
On us:
13. Potassium/T-Block hydra - Tiny bit of like. Want to watch him.
On us:
The real problem I have with TDK right now is that I feel more scum in KP.
On being asked to vote with Ran:
At this point I'd be alright with voting with you for a while if you went with someone other than TDK. I don't like my read on him just yet because of his posts so far. Right now I'd rather go for TC or KP.
You like the logic but want quotes to back it up, and that seems pretty fake to me. Ran wasn't pointing out some pattern that spans 40 pages of posts. His post was focused on a couple of incidents that transpired not too long ago. You're not asking for posts to better evaluate - if you wanted to better evaluate you could find the quotes yourself. You're looking for a way to set up a future hop onto our wagon if needed.

Then there's a whole bunch of "i don't like my read on him", and "i don't trust myself", maintaining that uncertainty. You're always poised to pop in with a "oh okay, i've fleshed out my read and i don't like TDK" at any time.

Yes I realize my other head called Badwolf town earlier. I think that's crap.

Ran, take your eyes off us for a sec. Are you satisfied with Badwolf? Especially the second post in my collapse collection?

TBG

Smash Cadet
Feeling better, doing stuff this second, will post detailed TC/KP stuff and more within a few hours.

Top Bottom