• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
you DID IT! WE GETTIN MONEY NOW! AND WE AINT LOOKIN BACK

votecount 1.8

deadline is feb 10 12 am est 7 to lynch

vinyl (1): badwolf28738
gheb (1): vinyl.
t spin (3): gymmo, ranmaru, traveling cat
tbg (1): aggressive mediation
kraken puns (1): red ruy
red ruy (1): gheb
badwolf (1): t spin
not voting (4): tbg, frozenflame751, glyph, kraken puns

[collapse=voting log]tbg -> none
aggressive mediation -> tbg
kraken puns -> gymmo -> none -> badwolf -> none
red ruy -> aggressive mediation -> kraken puns
frozenflame751 -> none
ranmaru -> gymmo -> t spin
gymmo -> t spin
vinyl. -> circus
traveling cat -> t spin
gheb -> red ruy
glyph -> none
badwolf -> vinyl.
t spin -> traveling cat -> badwolf[/collapse]

TBG

Smash Cadet
TBG, you DO know the function of V/LA, correct? (I assume this since you have played some mafia before) If you say you were sick, why haven't you expressed this before?

How? I also want you to into detail here. If you say you can't pinpoint what exactly you feel with words, how about you quote/underline what exactly you saw that made it feel off. No shortcuts here, and I expect you to answer this by the time you feel better, because you won't have the exc... I mean the inconvenience of being sick. :cool:

Also, you seem to vote Kraken. What do you feel about TC? Since TCat is familiar with you, do you have confidence in reading her? Let me know what you think of her as well, individually.
Didn't occur to me to post V/LA when I'd be gone for a day at most. Should I have?

Figured out what was bothering me. It's TC's replies to Kraken. They seem softball-y, like she's trying to seem threatening without actually being threatening.

I also do think TBG is scum as well, for trying to use sickness as an excuse for not elaborating on his Kraken stance, without really ever expressing it before. Just a slight scum lean though.
I don't know what you're talking about; I expressed it in my first post.

Can you explain once you get back?
AM was getting on me for gut being unacceptable, and then immediately said "something about this is off" without any more specifics.

Vinyl, I asked her to join, and she joined agreeing with my reasoning. Now, if you have a problem with sheeping, talk to me about this:

Also, give me your thoughts on Tale-spin.
Large Town read. Well thought-out posts that start talks to generate content? More please. Posts like:

Badwolf is town. No, I am not explaining this one (yet). Deal with it.

I find are usually genuine Town leadership. Scum are usually more pleasing when they lead and so do things like that less.

I think calling an early D1 vote out on being weak is fairly silly. Weak reasoning D1 votes are what help establish an actual D1 rather than infinite RVS.

(submitting so I don't have a huge-*** block, part 2 inc.)

TBG

Smash Cadet
#163 KP - I hate everything about this question. It lacks intelligence, care, or even an attempt to hide the WIFOM.
Taken from my notes.
Why are you opposed to reaction fishing?

I agree with Kraken on this. Especially since our forced interaction at the beginning is what started T-spins reading me as scummy.
I can't speak for RR, but I definitely think seeing more interaction between you would be a good thing. Forced interaction in the sense of that the content felt forced =/= forcing you two to interact.

Ranmaru feels town
RR feels town

Will explain on request.

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
modnote regarding rule 4 under fundamentals: please refrain from editing posts for any reason. players are free to multipost in order to fix any coding or grammatical errors among others

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Votes weren't there but interest was building in Kraken.
I don't think that's what actually happened. And even if that was the case it's not a good explanation. For what it's worth, you specifically used the term "wagon" when you voted Crackhead.

:059:

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand this post, or what you're trying to do KP. You vote BW, asking him to explain about AM. Then he answers some of your questions... but then before even addressing his responses you're already talking about what you're expecting to see from his responses. Are you actually interested in what he has to say about AM, or are you just putting up a facade of activity? Do you really think your questioning is going to be as effective when you've already revealed what it is exactly that you're going to do with his responses? More importantly, why has your follow-up questioning been along the lines of "are you scum", which is a waste of everyone's time, rather than following up on his reasoning on AM? Also, what was the last game you were in with him, where he was riding Ryker?
are you ****ing kidding me?

you don't think has anything to do with YOUR SLOT saying stuff like:
Kraken Puns explain your Badwolf vote right now in-depth
Both of you give me a read on each other.

If it's not SOLID town or SOLID scum, ask each other a question that will help to get a stronger read.
I mean, have you even read that exchange?

the game we refer to was Ruy and John's Toonami mafia.

*sigh*

question: which was the most recent game you were scum in? how was your play that game?

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Large Town read. Well thought-out posts that start talks to generate content? More please. Posts like:

I find are usually genuine Town leadership. Scum are usually more pleasing when they lead and so do things like that less.
viz. your T-spin read;
i'm not sure whether you think that they have made 'well thought-out posts', if you do, please could you show us an example?

what do you think of T-spin's recent turnaround on Badwolf?

I can't speak for RR, but I definitely think seeing more interaction between you would be a good thing.
What do you expect to learn from further interactions between ourselves & tcat?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Kraken Yes.

~ Deadline is February 10th 12 AM EST. 7 to lynch. ~​

Votecount 1.9
Vinyl 1 - Badwolf28738
Gheb 1 - Vinyl.
T-Spin 3 - Gymmo, Ranmaru, Traveling Cat
TBG 1 - Aggressive Mediation
Kraken Puns 1 - Red Ruy
Red Ruy 1 - Gheb
Badwolf 1 - T-Spin
Traveling Cat 1 - TBG
Not Voting 3 - Frozenflame751, Glyph, Kraken Puns

[collapse="Voting Log"]
TBG -> None -> Kraken Puns -> TCat
Aggressive Mediation -> TBG
Kraken Puns -> Gymmo -> None -> Badwolf -> None
Red Ruy -> Aggressive Mediation -> Kraken Puns
Frozenflame751 -> None
Ranmaru -> Gymmo -> T-Spin
Gymmo -> T-Spin
Vinyl. -> Circus
Traveling Cat -> T-Spin
Gheb -> Red Ruy
Glyph -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl.
T-Spin -> Traveling Cat -> Badwolf
[/collapse]

TBG

Smash Cadet
I've got to do stuff, but KP bringing up my vote reminds me I forgot something...

vote: tc

My problem with the initial exchange is her part, and some more recent posts are weird too. Can't remember specifics atm, will look those up tonight.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu

Post #139

One thing I noticed, is that Red Ryu asked me about Tale-spin going into their Red Ryu town read. This is a bit suspicious to me because that question doesn't help Ryu find scum at all, but to me seems more like he was trying to semi-justify Tale-spin by asking me that. I'm thinking his mindset was that if he was going into his RR read, that would mean he wouldn't be as scummy as I would have thought him to be, since he just 'threw out' a RR read out of no where. Rather, it seems to me his intention was to get me off of Tale-spin there.

I asked him why he asked but he never really followed up with it. Again, I don't feel like has scumhunting as a priority here. Therefore, I don't think he is town.

Post #160

I find it interesting that Red Ryu comes to defend Tale-spin when Travelling Cat and I were discussing about Kraken Puns. It's just odd that I don't see an instance where Tale-spin ignored a question triggering Red Ryu to say that. I think Red Ryu should try to explain this further. I also find his reason for voting Travelling Cat suspicious, because he tries to use a wagon that ISN'T THERE to vote Kraken. This seems more like he is trying to forge a scumconnection between them, instead of noticing one. Even scummier, is that he tries to stay firm with his stance by saying that the interest was there, even though there wasn't a wagon at the time. This invalidates his original stance, and shows he really isn't looking for scum intent, because the 'intent' he noticed wasn't even an intent to vote an opposing wagon.

Unvote Vote: Red Ryu

Post #238

Can you give evidence to this in his town games? Two to three, please.

Red Ryu:

I asked Bad wolf to vote along with Gheb since he didn't want to vote along with me because of Tale-spin. I also asked Kraken and Travelling Cat to join me because I had no problems with them. Travelling Cat was already having concerns with them, so I asked her to join.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tale-Spin

Post #237

I actually agree. Yet, it's not enough for Badwolf being a lynch option ToDay. Yet, I disagree that he's doing that to jump back on later. I just think there is other reasons he may be reluctant to join. His reasoning for not voting you is a bit contradicting. Kraken Puns may also be correct with his meta. I have seen Badwolf avoid his scumpartners when asked to join in voting them, in Sword Dancer's Newbie. What do you think of the new evidence on Red Ryu?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf

Post #193

I don't know his stance. Guessing what his stance on Crackin' won't do me any good, because I won't really know. I already asked him though, and he said he had a 'IGMEOU' Scum stance on him, but I still think he hasn't given a stance besides that. I'm still waiting on it. My stance is slight town on Crackin'. Why do you ask?

Post #194

I don't get it. You say that you aren't comfortable in putting another vote on him without being really certain of him being scum, then say that it's actually because you are more certain of KP being scum. So, if the second is true, that would mean you would be ok with compromising on Tale-spin? Would you vote Red Ryu with me, then? What is it exactly?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kraken Puns:

Alright, you can answer now. (About the two quotes I showed you) You can talk about the quotes and both Red Ryu/Badwolf, because the quotes might affect your reads on them.

Where is AM at? I find it concerning that his presence is lacking. I also agreed with Gheb on AM because I felt like AM was trying to gain support on some bull**** reads from him. I was expecting Travelling Cat to do what she did early game, because she has done it before. I asked him his opinion on Tale-spin to see what he'd say, yet I wasn't granted this because he hasn't done **** since then. We have three days until Deadline, and I can't wait any longer for him to do ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
deadline is in 3 days.

Start wagoning Red Ryu or Tale-spin NOW.

As slow as the activity has been, I feel the wagon should start today to be able to get 7 votes. Let's go.

Vinyl, FrozenFlame, Gymmo, Glyph, AM, looking at you guys especially. Hurry it up. Vinyl, I'm sorry if you are still recovering. Hopefully you can do something.

Mod: Is Gymmo in prodding range?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
That he is. Thanks for reminding me. Gymmo has been prodded.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anytime.

I'll be heading out to school now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Goethe **** is asking for a town read that seemed confident not scum hunting? That's checking for a lie to see if they were making **** up.

Wtf Ran.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Goethe **** is asking for a town read that seemed confident not scum hunting? That's checking for a lie to see if they were making **** up.

Wtf Ran.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
AM is lurking I do not like this.

Gymno should be the #1 vig shot tonight.

Glyph is unreadable every game he does this.

FF has legit johns but gah

I wish I had a gun.

We're too spread out vote wise, we need to get our votes together. I'm not voting together on better wagons.

I'm not voting Ran, Badwolf or TSpin.

Gymno is the go to lynch if we can't agree on anyone.

I Want Krakan or TC today.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran go read Catheine and Simpson's mafi then go read Toonami, Badwolf is a very OMGUS player who also loses his cool pretty fast, under pressure he can fall apart and give up, I was very pissed I had to modkill in Toonami over that.

He's not confident in himself when it comes to mafia, I know this from reading my own game and telling John to watch the QT since Xonar and Soup were not shutting up and wouldn't stop antagonizing him too far.

This is not indicative of his alignment, I replaced into Simpson at Lylo and reread the game twice. Him not being super confident is not a tell along with waffling on reads. It's not townie for the read waffling but it doesn't tell if he is scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran go read Catheine and Simpson's mafi then go read Toonami, Badwolf is a very OMGUS player who also loses his cool pretty fast, under pressure he can fall apart and give up, I was very pissed I had to modkill in Toonami over that.

He's not confident in himself when it comes to mafia, I know this from reading my own game and telling John to watch the QT since Xonar and Soup were not shutting up and wouldn't stop antagonizing him too far.

This is not indicative of his alignment, I replaced into Simpson at Lylo and reread the game twice. Him not being super confident is not a tell along with waffling on reads. It's not townie for the read waffling but it doesn't tell if he is scum.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
just popping in to say ran you're an idiot lol

your entire play has been based on the assumption that we're scum, and you're gonna be left with nothing if we're lynched

there's no need to rush a wagon yet, and there's still discussion to be had. stop trying to induce panic.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm more confused that he can say there was no scum hunting motivation to my TSpin question, yet he asked the exact same question to them

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'm reading now, I'll get to everything eventually.

Over the skim tho I'm not trusting T-Spin's logic, but my thoughts might change over the course of the read.

:applejack:

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'm reading now, I'll get to everything eventually.

Over the skim tho I'm not trusting T-Spin's logic, but my thoughts might change over the course of the read.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf, he just posted it. #200. I actually want you to vote along with him. Tell me what you think of his reasoning.
Ok I can see this, decent logic but I still want to go with TC or KP. Leaning TC right now. At this point I'm going to refuse to vote RR because I have a slight town on him, and the fact that I'm close to voting TDK because of reasons I'll discuss later in post.

Why are you opposed to reaction fishing?
I'm not opposed to it I just wish he was more fluent with it. I wish to see the reasoning without having to request.

I don't know his stance. Guessing what his stance on Crackin' won't do me any good, because I won't really know. I already asked him though, and he said he had a 'IGMEOU' Scum stance on him, but I still think he hasn't given a stance besides that. I'm still waiting on it. My stance is slight town on Crackin'. Why do you ask?

I don't get it. You say that you aren't comfortable in putting another vote on him without being really certain of him being scum, then say that it's actually because you are more certain of KP being scum. So, if the second is true, that would mean you would be ok with compromising on Tale-spin? Would you vote Red Ryu with me, then? What is it exactly?
I want to know because I'm gathering info on other players. I'm ok with lynching KP or TC today however, if TDK doesn't respond to my questions he will be added to that list. I don't want to vote RR because I have a slight town on him.

Ok so at the end of this I'm going to vote. I promise.

So I refuse to vote for: AM, Ran, RR, Gheb. I like these people and I don't want them to die just yet. My opinions always change.

I'll vote for with some reservations: TBG. He's just catching up but I didn't like his reactions from the first of the thread. Glyph, I don't like people who coast through D1.

I'll vote with gusto: TC, KP, TDK. Now the reasons for TC and KP I've already put out.

TDK is interesting, I agreed with Ran's logic before but I had reservations because I'm trying to be more level-headed and careful with the game. However, when Ran had posted his logic I had had him at a null, now he's scum for me.

Reasoning.
He has dodged my questions. He's dodged TC's questions. He's just not very good at this point to keep around.

Vote: TDK

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
are you ****ing kidding me?

you don't think has anything to do with YOUR SLOT saying stuff like:

I mean, have you even read that exchange?

the game we refer to was Ruy and John's Toonami mafia.

*sigh*

question: which was the most recent game you were scum in? how was your play that game?
Doesn't really matter who asked you to explain it. Fact remains that you very quickly willingly gave up what you were looking for.

But I'm more disturbed by your choice to nitpick about the "are you scum" question, rather than to follow up on the way he responded to your questions about AM.

I think my last game as scum was OS's FFT, but I was far too busy to be committed and had to replace out. Probably one of my worst games. Funnily enough, K was the one who replaced me there.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Agreeing that the TC/Kraken interaction feels off. vote kraken
I've got to do stuff, but KP bringing up my vote reminds me I forgot something...

My problem with the initial exchange is her part, and some more recent posts are weird too. Can't remember specifics atm, will look those up tonight.
I do hope your reasoning is more substantial that TDK. And please specified why you find my side more suspicious now versus your earlier vote on Kraken about that.

I can't speak for RR, but I definitely think seeing more interaction between you would be a good thing. Forced interaction in the sense of that the content felt forced =/= forcing you two to interact.
? Speak for RR? That whole interaction comment I was agreeing to was in reply to TDK. Are you not paying attention like RR?

your entire play has been based on the assumption that we're scum, and you're gonna be left with nothing if we're lynched.
RR's entire play is under the assumption that I'm scumbuddy with KP and voted you to oppose the 'wagon' on KP. And he's going to be left with nothing if we're lynched.

Seriously, RR's been a broken record on me and KP for most of the day. Most of his posts have been asking players about KP and my interactions even though it's been talked to death at this point, and any questions he asks about other players don't go anywhere. I call fake scum hunting.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
lol BadWolf... there it is.

These are the questions you're referring to, yeah?

@T-spin: You've stated how my and KP's interactions were forced, but not how it was scum. Why did you decided my interaction was the more scummy side and put the vote on me versus KP? Or rather, why did KP's look more town than me?

The real problem I have with TDK right now is that I feel more scum in KP. However, I'll digress for the remainder of this post.

Basically this entire post is meant for TDK:

In your 69 can you show somewhere that you really don't like with their interactions?

75: What was the point of it?

94: Why were you posting for length? I also agree with your back-door call out on TBG but I want to know why you laid off of it.

124: Why the dodge? You had interesting parts of the post but you didn't say anything about the question itself. Can you please answer the question now?

129: Again with the dodge. Why?

171: I'm not sure I like this response. It lacks care. Again not necessary doesn't make it bad. I think I'm going to ask for the explanation now tho.

#end

Ok bedtime for me.

I want answers at my desk by tomorrow.

:fluttershy:
tc's question was addressed here:

It speaks for itself and I question your experience if you truly don't see how a forced interaction is scummy.
I can elaborate here too - "forced" in this case means unnatural, ie- not how a townie would behave. Two players, outside of masons or neighbours, generally won't exhibit forced interaction. So when an interaction feels forced, it points to scummates.

As for your questions, they were asked less than 24 hours ago dude. K hasn't even been around yet to answer them - recent posts have been me. I know we're the same slot, but it doesn't make sense for me to attempt to answer them.

Now, Badwolf, your question dodging point holds no water. You also said you didn't like my logic. Can you point out for me where my logic is flawed?

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
I need to talk to K before commenting on RR. This head has not been impressed with his play either. And I'm not just saying that because he's the other choice in Ran's call for a wagon - nobody should be respecting that yet.

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
I'll ask him to come and answer them. As I said, he hasn't been around.

But it's wrong to call us scum for dodging questions. You'd better have a better reason for keeping your vote on us.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I gave you leeway for now since I thought your flu was a thing, but I defiantly want you to elaborate on your reads and your vote.

:phone:

Top Bottom