• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum

Deadline is Feb 22 11:59:59 PM EST. 7 to lynch

Votecount 1.19
T-Spin 1 - BadWolf
Traveling Cat 5 - TBG, Swiss, Red Ruy, Kraken Puns, T-Spin
Ranmaru 1 - frozenflame751
Swiss 3 - Ranmaru, Vult Redux, traveling cat
Not Voting 3 - Glyph, Vinyl., Gheb_01

Voting Log
TBG -> None -> Kraken Puns -> TCat
Vult Redux -> TBG -> None -> Swiss
Kraken Puns -> Gymmo -> None -> Badwolf -> None -> Red Ryu -> None
Red Ruy -> Vult Redux -> Kraken Puns -> none -> TCat -> Vult Redux -> TCat
Frozenflame751 -> Ranmaru
Ranmaru -> Gymmo -> T-Spin -> Red Ruy -> BadWolf -> Swiss
Swiss-> T-Spin -> None -> Vult Redux -> Gheb -> Vult Redux
Vinyl. -> Gheb -> None -> TCat
Traveling Cat -> T-Spin -> None
Gheb -> Red Ruy -> None -> Swiss -> None -> Vult Redux -> None
Glyph -> None -> Red Ruy -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl. -> T-Spin
T-Spin -> TCat -> Badwolf -> Vult Redux -> TCat

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Marshy is such a bro with these vote-counts. Updating OP. Deadline is in 48 Hours!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Swiss wagon gets a few votes, tcat gets votes piling on and suddenly she is HERE. BAM! Bringing out cutting edge questions such as asking FF clarification on two posts.

Interesting to note she uses the dislike tell to distance herself from my flip but to still be on my lynch. O YA WELL SWISSAI SO MEAN I THUNKLYNCH GOOD ANYWAYZ SHAME ABOUT DAYVIG

Thoroughly amused everyone picks up on my flat denial re ran but noone calls me out for the far scummier actions which you were MEANT TO. Intent not outcome wtf get good. How does one of dgames finest forget he pushed Ran HARD on the same day phase even when it's quoted to him. Really.
unvote

can any Tcat voters reiterate why they're voting Tcat other than the above?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What about Vinyl? I noticed when you list off inactives to lynch (ie Gymmo, Glyph, AM, FF, me) you rarely mention him even though he is an inactive as well.
Vinyl had a hand injury and is V/LA now. It's true that he could be considered inactive but at least he has declared reasons why and they are legit and his input has been considerably better than that of Gymmo, Glyph and frozen anyway. I think it'd be completely ******** to read anything kind of intention or calculation into his inactivity. It's possible that there are reasons to be suspicious of Vinyl but I don't think you can hold his activity against him unless he's going to keep it up for another while.

Inactivity is not the reason why I'm lynching you or AMslot fyi. You still seem to think this to be the case.

Swiss wagon gets a few votes, tcat gets votes piling on and suddenly she is HERE. BAM! Bringing out cutting edge questions such as asking FF clarification on two posts.
This. Tcat is scummier than Swiss, guys.

For what it's worth, I thought Swiss acting as if his scumread on Ran was a typo was actually pretty funny and that's not something you'll hear me say about him a lot. Do you guys really think that he was legitimately making such a hilariously bad excuse and thought people would buy it? That's why you are all bad at this game: because you assume everybody else to be ******** when you yourself are. I don't even know why I make this comment tbh because that should all go without saying but Swiss changing his read on Ran is a nulltell.
Stop wagoning people on crap reasons already. **** like that is exactly why I ultimately decided to hop off the Ryu wagon.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The fact that you quote Oscar Wilde in your sig almost makes me respect you.

CAN YOU BEAR THAT MUCH APPRECIATION???

:059:

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
somehow not surprised when the players reading swiss as scum off of his claimed 'typo' are those who've never played with him before.

prolly null as far as Swiss goes, though.

Sigh, I forgot Tcat was a woman.

She's still scum and should be lynched, it just explains a little more of her irrational and spineless play. Probably that time of the month or something.
NO SWISS. BAD SWISS. SEXISM BAD SWISS.

I'd hate to sound whiny or naggy, but I (and the rest of the Town) would appreciate it lots if you could get to that ASAP. We've got a deadline coming up and all the other wagons are lame inactive lynches (I'm exaggerating, but there's some truth there). Besides, your vote is not on anybody anyway! It would be anti-town to waste it.
as it happens we are (and were) voting tcat. also I don't really have a problem with RR visiting Swiss, do you think that will be problematic?

unvote

can any Tcat voters reiterate why they're voting Tcat other than the above?
she shows no particular initiative in scumhunting

what's your stance on tcat exactly?

No. You aren't fishing for clams like Swiss is, right?
while i'd love to discuss fishing for claims, i don't sea any harm in you claiming in the face of your impending lynch... am I right? You might still have a valuable role like a vigilante or something.

Stop wagoning people on crap reasons already. **** like that is exactly why I ultimately decided to hop off the Ryu wagon.
is this an interesting historical anecdote or are you just reminding us why you moved your vote?

while you're here, please remind me of your stance on tcat?

i...think... that's........ everything!

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Gheb's brow beating the thread for jumping Swiss ?

Town.

/demPOEreads

Should just lynch Tcat and be doen with today, at this point we are just letting scum muddy the waters more

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
If you want an answer, ask a question worth asking. You have missed the real question.
*insert snark sarcasm *
The real question is, why does Badwulf think riding you like a horse is his best path to success.

How do you feel about Vult ?

Are you and Gheb ever just going to cut the crap and kiss ?

/you'dbeagreatcouple

TBG

Smash Cadet
Vult I think is fine even if Tcat flips Scum. His actions are definitely in line with his prior townplay, although it's been a while.

Swiss is fine.

I don't remember exact reasons for Tcat, but iirc I quoted some of her posts that were off, and she's definitely had a Scum tone to me. What KP is saying about her rings true; her content is scattershot rather than Town-focused imo.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
as it happens we are (and were) voting tcat. also I don't really have a problem with RR visiting Swiss, do you think that will be problematic?
Yeah, I based the post off the votecount. My bad.

she shows no particular initiative in scumhunting

what's your stance on tcat exactly?
I was sympathetic because a lurky playstyle is not uncommon for her and when I have played here in the past my own activity was never consistent, even when I was Town. I think she is a good lynch now and that she should probably claim.

Vult, why exactly did you unvote, when the question you had just previously posted hadnt received an answer ?

Are you changing your mind, if so, why ?
I didn't read Swiss' posts by the time I asked Tspin those questions. When I came back I read thoroughly and decided Swiss's response was good and Tcat's (as Swiss pointed out) was scummy. Hence the unvote.

Yeah, I changed my mind. I don't regret making the case though. It helped to see how people reacted to it.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok so someone help me out me here. Is this what happened or am I missing something?

- Ran alleges that Swiss was flipflopping on his [Swiss's] read of him [Ran]. Quotes posts showing Swiss calling Ran town and then scum shortly thereafter.

- Swiss says that it was just a typo and that he didn't ever think Ran was scum.

- Ran quotes another post where Swiss called him [Ran] scum to say he's skeptical it was just a typo.

- Tcat jumps on this reasoning after the Swiss wagon gets more popular and specifically cites this alleged contradiction in reads as a reason for Swiss's scumminess.

- Swiss says that it was obvious that it was a typo and the fact that Tcat is opportunistically jumping on this inconsistency as a reason to join a wagon, is indicative of tcat being opportunistic scum that fell for his trap.

please correct me if i have any of this wrong, im pretty ****ing confused right now lol

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
After quick read through. I'll get to the full tomorrow when I'll have time for notes.

Basically I'm down with a TC lynch right now. I don't want Swiss gone just because someone of his caliber wouldn't have forgotten something like that and I want to see where he goes to toMorrow.

Agree with the TC reasoning (Jumping in at crit time.) stuff.

Be back tomorrow.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Ok so someone help me out me here. Is this what happened or am I missing something?

- Ran alleges that Swiss was flipflopping on his [Swiss's] read of him [Ran]. Quotes posts showing Swiss calling Ran town and then scum shortly thereafter.

- Swiss says that it was just a typo and that he didn't ever think Ran was scum.

- Ran quotes another post where Swiss called him [Ran] scum to say he's skeptical it was just a typo.

- Tcat jumps on this reasoning after the Swiss wagon gets more popular and specifically cites this alleged contradiction in reads as a reason for Swiss's scumminess.

- Swiss says that it was obvious that it was NOT A TYPO AND WAS DELIBERATE and the fact that Tcat is opportunistically jumping on this inconsistency as a reason to join a wagon, is indicative of tcat being opportunistic scum that fell for his trap.

please correct me if i have any of this wrong, im pretty ****ing confused right now lol
Fixed.

You forgot to vote for tcat. Don't be the reason we NoLynch, because I will wreck you for it.

Tcat is claiming with too little time left, so lynch her regardless of claim. I'm serious on this, I will CC whatever she claims anyway.

#HBC | ѕoup

I've been working this graveshift and I ain't made ****
I wish I could buy me a spaceship and fly past the sky

~ Deadline is Feb 22 11:59:59 PM EST. 7 to lynch ~
Deadline is in 24 hours!

Votecount 2.10
T-Spin 1 - BadWolf
Traveling Cat 6 - TBG, Swiss, Red Ruy, Kraken Puns, T-Spin, Vult Redux
Ranmaru 1 - frozenflame751
Swiss 3 - Ranmaru, Vult Redux, traveling cat
Not Voting 3 - Glyph, Vinyl., Gheb_01

Voting Log
Vult Redux -> TBG -> None -> Swiss -> TCat
Ranmaru -> Gymmo -> T-Spin -> Red Ruy -> BadWolf -> Swiss
Traveling Cat -> T-Spin -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl. -> T-Spin

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ Swiss: Ok so it was deliberate. I couldn't put together whether you had intentionally created the contradiction and were just pretending it was a mistake so that people wouldn't see the gambit, or if you legitimately made a mistake but then realized the value of the typo as a trap of sorts after the fact.

Tcat should claim sooner rather than later. I'm not really a big fan of claim debates with hours till deadline so the more time we have the better, though admittedly we're mostly splitting hairs timewise at this point.

my hammering services will be available if need for most of the night if needed while im at work. gogo smashboards dodging access restriction filters

Swiss

Smash Lord
I fully expect all players to do the right goddamned things with their night actions.

Doc on me, Cop on Glyph/Frozen (I'm the vig dumbo), Watch Gheb, Recruit on me. Anything nice or potentially useful can come to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

Traveling Cat 7 - TBG, Swiss, Red Ruy, Kraken Puns, T-Spin, Vult Redux, Badwolf

The town of Onett was in a stir. The air was thick and the scene was foreboding. Ever since the fateful night of the meteor, people have begun to act strangely. Policemen acted forcefully. Gangs started to form. Animals attacked civilians. Civillians attacked animals. Reports of a giant space bug was rumored.

The chaos was solemn. It was not immediate, and it was not detected. Perhaps could be said the same about TCat. A woman of few words, yet charismatic in her own way. She was struck down forcefully and thrown aside like yesterday's garbage. The sight of the murder? Right in the public eye.

~ A mob formed, and a mob left. ~
King, Vanilla Townie has been lynched.

The sun has set, and the night can only be a sight of worse things to come.

Night of Onett begins! Deadline is 48 hours. Please send all actions to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

There isn't an option to lock the thread, so I'm either gonna have marshy do it or keep it open. Do not post in this thread until then.

#HBC | ѕoup

The sun rises, and another chapter is written. The streets are quiet, yet there is something in the air. The feeling is serene, like a great burden has been lifted. The townspeople can feel this peace....and perhaps it will last.

~ A boy sets eastward, to seek his own destiny. Some will join him, others did not get the chance. A great evil has been vanquished. ~

Vinyl. only wanted death and destruction, is that too much to ask?

Gigyas, Mafia Almighty (Idiot) has been defeated!

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

Ranmaru was a man of few words, and a man of few words that nobody could understand. He wasn't even a man at all, actually!

Mr. Saturn, Vanilla Townie has been killed!

Revenge? Justice? Tyranny? It can't be explained.

Day Twoson Begins!

Kraken Puns is crowned....king doofus! everyone must insult Kraken Puns at least once. Failure to do so will result in consequences. Be civil.

#HBC | ѕoup

~ Deadline is March 3rd 11:59:59 PM EST. 5 to lynch ~
Votecount 2.10
Not Voting 10 - Glyph, Vinyl., Gheb_01, Kraken Puns, Ranmaru, Frozenflame, Glyph, Swiss, Vult Redux, TBG.

Voting Log
Vult Redux -> TBG -> None -> Swiss -> TCat
Badwolf -> Vinyl. -> T-Spin -> TCat