• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
Deadline is Feb 22 11:59:59 PM EST. 7 to lynch

Votecount 1.17
T-Spin 1 - BadWolf
Red Ruy 1 - Ranmaru
Traveling Cat 3 - TBG, Swiss, Red Ruy
Vult Redux 2 - T-Spin, Gheb_01
Ranmaru 1 - frozenflame751
Not Voting 5 - Kraken Puns, traveling cat, Glyph, Vinyl., Vult Redux
Voting Log
TBG -> None -> Kraken Puns -> TCat
Vult Redux -> TBG -> None
Kraken Puns -> Gymmo -> None -> Badwolf -> None -> Red Ryu -> None
Red Ruy -> Vult Redux -> Kraken Puns -> none -> TCat -> Vult Redux -> TCat
Frozenflame751 -> Ranmaru
Ranmaru -> Gymmo -> T-Spin -> Red Ruy
Swiss-> T-Spin -> None -> Vult Redux -> Gheb -> Vult Redux
Vinyl. -> Gheb -> None -> TCat
Traveling Cat -> T-Spin -> None
Gheb -> Red Ruy -> None -> Swiss -> None -> Vult Redux
Glyph -> None -> Red Ruy -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl. -> T-Spin
T-Spin -> Traveling Cat -> Badwolf -> Vult Redux

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Don't' like this. You need to pay more attention to the game, or die. You choose.
Do you think tcat is scum?
Or that making that kind of error is a scumtell?

PSA: This kind of 'always-seems-to-be-catching-up' posting style is typical of tcat iirc. It doesn't tell much.

Am interested in reading Tcat case. It better have more substance than the activity level or catchup posts or "it's a wagon everyone can agree on before deadline".

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
badwulf of concern right now.

Redux's latest post non telling

Swiss needs to check himself before I cut his brake lines.

Tcat remains an enigma.

Mysterious how everyone drops AM like a hot tamale.

Reasonably sure everytime Swiss has pushed someone as scum, Badwulf has suddenly had a revelation about them.

Not sure how telling this is.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
What. Are you kidding me? I've posted my notes forever and when he asked me for my read on TBG I gave him a null. I had him as scum earlier. You can check my notes. Now again, please stop talking.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Actually read ('read') everything thus far.

TC: How do you know Ryker? Be specific, I see you're a member on AiB so tell me what kinds of boards you would both post on. Are you playing in DGames because he introduced it to you, or did you come here independently?

Anyone who's played Earthbound: Talk to me about Buzz Buzz. How major is his character? The wiki page makes him seem at least marginally important to the grand scope of the game.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Also very important, TC I hear you're a laaaaaaydaaaaaaaay

But the only girls who play mafia also date Ran

How is your being in a relationship with Ran impacting your read on him?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Swiss lets take it step by step here. I've got more to work with based off those questions

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
hold up,
you skimmed the thread and what stuck out to you was Vinyl?
Oui.

Specifically this
Well, it looked like you sheeped. Giving t-spin a reaction sounds dumb and I do not really see what's t-spins reaction would mean, and since you're looking so cunning about it, I don't see your point.
because I not only disagree with it but also find it a little scummy that he said that. "Sheeping", or as I consider it, "voting with someone because their idea is good" is the best ever, especially early Day 1 when single votes don't have much pressure behind them. Basically his critique of Tcat is bad.

maybe the post didn't stick out as much as the fact that no one talked about it after it happened and I was like "WHY".

I guess a relevant question would be: why didn't Vinyl stick out to anybody else?

Mysterious how everyone drops AM like a hot tamale.
Correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like most people were indifferent or "kinda-scummy-I-guess" towards the lynch but were voting/fos-ing that way because of the impending deadline and because he wasn't doing anything. Deadline's extended and I'm posting now, so it probably lost momentum for that reason (which is a good thing!).

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
1.) I still don't see how it's damning. It's not required for him to stay alive in order to successfully use his role. Why is it sketchy if he stays alive?
The longer a role like that lives, the more confirmed players are possible by the time it dies. Scum don't want that, so there's some more incentive to kill him over other players. I don't think "damning" is the right word though.

I also have a feeling that is he is fake-claiming he will get quickly caught later in the game when there is more NA evidence. So I'd (hesitantly) agree with keeping him off the table in this Day for that reason.

What do you mean by "it's not required for him to stay alive in order to successfully use his role"? Unless I'm understanding wrong, we don't get that much information at all from his death.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Typo. You've been a townread to me all game.
I don't believe you. I'm also not lynching Tcat.

If you want we can go for Badwolf as a compromise.

Tcat, Kraken, Tale-spin, what you think of this?

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Vult is likely town.

It hurts.

But it hurts so good.

Ran, don't be a seabass, if you have a problem with Swiss, why arent' you pressuring him on it instead of BadPlayer
Badwulf.

What makes him the priority and do you agree / disagree with what i pointed out ?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vult Redux, Vinyl always seems to catch on to 'sheeping' as a tell (lol it auto-changed it to shipping, shipping so scummy yo) and meta. I don't have a problem with him, he seems his usual self. If I find him doing something out of the ordinary, or obviously scummy, I'll let you know. I can give you an example. In Sword's Newbie he was mafia, trying to fake his justification for Ran-scum. He did so after I asked him about his read. Here is the link:

Post #923

I don't really see anything telling from him, and he is still a null/crap shoot read for now. Yet, he hasn't been present due to his arm, so he might have to replace out if he can't participate soon.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kraken I will get to you momentarily.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Was busy with work-study, and still am sorta, down-time now)

All I have on Swiss is that he was trying to paint me in a dirty light, and didn't even try to understand what I was saying, and that he backtracked on his read on me when I came out with a scum read on him. (That's what I think, yet he hasn't explained this because he's trying to play it off as a gambit)

I was voting Badwolf because I agreed with what you said, he had a super town read on me and then when I scum read Swiss he has a problem with me opposing a power player? I don't really see how this would be a problem, and seems more like he was trying to cash in on the consensus on me. (RR seemed to have been having a problem with me, and Swiss was pushing for me at the time) Meaning, it seems like he was trying to go with the crowd, and matches up with what you said.

I also wanted to see what Swiss would have said in response to me. I'm fine with lynching him today as well. Will you join me? Gheb, Talespin, Tcat, join me as well?

Unvote Vote: Swiss

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What is your read on Swiss, Ryu? Also could you go more into your scum picks.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I would like to know what you think of Swiss's push on me. Also, do you agree or disagree with it? Why?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So none of you played Earthbound?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have. I just forgot who buzz buzz was. (I had to wiki his name to remember) He dies right at the start, he gets stomped on. He doesn't really seem important to me (Like, he seems more like a supporting role, rather than major), just a character to introduce you and get the story going. (He was from the same planet [I think] as the aliens invading, and he was strong enough to fight one off at the start)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Red Ryu, can you answer my other questions?

Also, I didn't. Maybe you could post a quote/link from the game (as I did for Vinyl) and it would be easier for me as I only have time to respond to things as of now.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ran, don't be a seabass, if you have a problem with Swiss, why arent' you pressuring him on it instead of BadPlayer
Badwulf.
You're hilarious. :glare:

I was voting Badwolf because I agreed with what you said, he had a super town read on me and then when I scum read Swiss he has a problem with me opposing a power player? I don't really see how this would be a problem, and seems more like he was trying to cash in on the consensus on me. (RR seemed to have been having a problem with me, and Swiss was pushing for me at the time) Meaning, it seems like he was trying to go with the crowd, and matches up with what you said.
You weren't just opposing Swiss. You were opposing ALL the power players. Strategically taking them out if you will. And I'm still not sure how I'm sheeping. I have very different reads from Swiss and I've never proxied my vote to anyone.

Insert 25c to try again.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryu: Yes, because you state support for and/or against for some wagons. It would help to see why you feel this way. Also posting a link/quote from the game you mentioned would help me look at what you were talking about earlier. I'll give you my thoughts on that once you post it.

Badwolf: Who does 'all of them' translate to? Why did you only feel this way about me after Swiss came in, and not before? What do you think of me voting 'non' power players in the game, do you think this defeats your accusation?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Ryu: Yes, because you state support for and/or against for some wagons. It would help to see why you feel this way. Also posting a link/quote from the game you mentioned would help me look at what you were talking about earlier. I'll give you my thoughts on that once you post it.

Badwolf: Who does 'all of them' translate to? Why did you only feel this way about me after Swiss came in, and not before? What do you think of me voting 'non' power players in the game, do you think this defeats your accusation?
It's because of post #530. You hit all of the power players, at that time, with accusations and plans to lynch. You hit Gheb, RR, and Swiss all with accusations. You didn't worry about AM's slot because he was inactive and an easy push.

I didn't feel this way because Swiss came in, rather because of that post.

No.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
All I have on Swiss is that he was trying to paint me in a dirty light, and didn't even try to understand what I was saying, and that he backtracked on his read on me when I came out with a scum read on him. (That's what I think, yet he hasn't explained this because he's trying to play it off as a gambit)
Quoting this to remind myself that it's important to read this sometime tomorrow. Other people should too. I've had Swiss as Town because I like that he has been preoccupied with deadlines and pushing to have lynches before them, but my reads are still fresh and being developed.

but why tho?

Also thanks for responding. I was getting worried you were ignoring me.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
but why tho?

Also thanks for responding. I was getting worried you were ignoring me.
I've been a bit busy... I've also been ignoring my hw.... Yeah....

I feel like it's scummy because anyone can just throw out random accusations without even reading through. I feel like people allow too much on the way of the offensive.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ran I already told you to look at Barwolf's Prisoner's Dilemma, Toonami, and Simpsons. Read them, I've told you this twice already.

TBG

Smash Cadet
So none of you played Earthbound?
I have. He gives you major plot details, (he's the intro character who lays out the early plot) but he's in the game for all of 15 minutes before he dies unceremoniously.

Been working all day on the Ultimate Ascent robot, (Go 2903!) will read Vinyl tomorrow. Swiss has been/is super Town for me, so I don't really care to re-read him.

Top Bottom