• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Earthbound - over

Marshmellowman

Macman|marshy
oooooOOOOOOKAY MARSHMELLOW MAN! YOU'VE GOT ******* MARSHMELLOWMAN!!

Deadline is Feb 22 11:59:59 PM EST. 7 to lynch

Votecount 1.18
T-Spin 1 - BadWolf
Traveling Cat 3 - TBG, Swiss, Red Ruy
Vult Redux 2 - T-Spin, Gheb_01
Ranmaru 1 - frozenflame751
Swiss 1 - Ranmaru
Not Voting 5 - Kraken Puns, traveling cat, Glyph, Vinyl., Vult Redux
Voting Log
TBG -> None -> Kraken Puns -> TCat
Vult Redux -> TBG -> None
Kraken Puns -> Gymmo -> None -> Badwolf -> None -> Red Ryu -> None
Red Ruy -> Vult Redux -> Kraken Puns -> none -> TCat -> Vult Redux -> TCat
Frozenflame751 -> Ranmaru
Ranmaru -> Gymmo -> T-Spin -> Red Ruy -> BadWolf -> Swiss
Swiss-> T-Spin -> None -> Vult Redux -> Gheb -> Vult Redux
Vinyl. -> Gheb -> None -> TCat
Traveling Cat -> T-Spin -> None
Gheb -> Red Ruy -> None -> Swiss -> None -> Vult Redux
Glyph -> None -> Red Ruy -> None
Badwolf -> Vinyl. -> T-Spin
T-Spin -> Traveling Cat -> Badwolf -> Vult Redux

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
pray tell why you want to lump us with Ranmaru, or why our point
(namely that we don't like you, specifically the way you've been moving your vote without an obvious motive)
is garbage.
Why do you assume I want to "lump" you with Ran? Aren't we jumping conclusions a bit too hastily right now? You've used exactly the same argument Ran did. That's not an attempt to lump you two together - that's a fact, monsieur. Your point is garbage because it's obsolete. You've raised a point that I had already debunked before when Ran made the same accusation. If you really think it's actually important I can even dig out the post where I reply to him but I don't see the point tbh.

and who cares where you said that? that's the impression we're getting, so try and set us straight already - who do you think is scummy, and in light of that why is your vote on AM now?
I think AM's slot is scummy and that's where my was up until now. I'm still reading up so I can't say for sure whether I'll move my vote or not. T-Spin is a slot I'm feeling increasingly unsure about. I had a townread on him earlier for taking somewhat drastic stances that had a lot of room for conflict with other people. That's something I don't see scum do, especially early on. But this read has vanished almost completely by now because I came to disagree with most of his reads, because most of his input seems pretty directionless and his recent silence bothers me too. Lack of input close to the deadline always concerns me.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Okay, you got me. I wasn't paying attention to the name, just the fact you voted for an inactive.
That's the thing though - you say you didn't pay attention to his name. But the way I see things it'd be a stretch to say that you even pay attention to this game. Or can you give me a plausible reason on why you're not actually commenting on anything that doesn't directly involve you?

I still wonder if you have anywhere to go if an inactive flipped up Town/Scum versus a more active player. Because voting an inactive smells more like a safer choice for scum to vote versus an active player.
And in the same hand it's an extremely safe choice for scum to chiefly poke those kinds of players that tend to be annoyed by inactivity. You can always put this silly game on yet another level and counter with "but in the same hand it's extremely safe for scum to say that." Bottom line is that inactive players hurt town. End of story. Scum won't kill them so keeping them around is also a safe choice for scum. Scum might be interested in getting an inactive player lynched because it's "safe" for them to do so [which is false anyway - since every idiot and his mom calls people out for pushing the lynch of an inactive player it's everything but safe] but even then they still mometarily help out the town in the process.

Because I'm not taking issue with the points themselves, just your method for attacking TDK's reasoning. You spent an entire paragraph debunking TDK, saying his posts were 'generic', 'kludged together', and 'worthless', but not how the reasoning was bad. It raises flags for me.
Yes, I did do that. You're not paying attention.

I am for TDK, and RR. And you are leaning scum enough for me to lynch as well. Inactives would be nice alternative if we had no one else go after. But I think we don't have to resort to that toDay.
I can agree @TDK
Why Ryu?
Completely disagreed @ inactive players.

Ok. Bull****. Don't try to act like I'm not giving any opinion here. Especially when you're not bothering to ask me questions until I started this discussion between us.
@bold that's not how you find scum in a mafia game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
badwulf of concern right now.

Redux's latest post non telling

[...]

Tcat remains an enigma.

Mysterious how everyone drops AM like a hot tamale.

Reasonably sure everytime Swiss has pushed someone as scum, Badwulf has suddenly had a revelation about them.

Not sure how telling this is.
And this is why Crackhead is town. I literally agree with all of this.

Badwolf is a bad lynch.

There is no clear scumtell from him, if not the opposite.
Swiss lynch is not viable
I think these three statements are all terrible. Badwolf playing Swiss' lapdog right now may not be an absolute scumtell for him but in no way is it "the opposite" of it. It's a very questionable move and could definitely be interpreted as an attempt to cling onto Swiss' reputation as a "strong" player like some sort of life insurance. Swiss telling him that he "can make it into lylo" kind of hits this point home. He may not be a very good lynch but saying that he is a bad one after this would be quite an exaggeration. Swiss himself is not an unviable lynch either. He never is.

Also, you don't seem to have taken note of the connection between Swiss and Badwolf. What do you have to say about that? If you think both are unviable lynches why do you have nothing to say about their behavior in regards to each other?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
AMslot
Tcat
Badwolf / T-Spin

That's my current lynchpool. Vult hasn't done anything that makes up for AM's play but I'll give him some time before I decide where I'll put my vote. Definitely thinking that Tcat is mostly concerened with her own survival, doesn't actively try to pursue reads nor does she voice them unless specifically asked. Badwolf and T-Spin are alternative solutions - my reads on them are fluctuating a lot.

Always down to lynch Glyph or frozen btw. I still don't think that lynching an inactive player toDay is a bad idea no matter how much flak I'll get for it.

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
Swiss insisting on being a liability.

RR, I feel like Swiss is a good target for you to visit tonight, do you agree?

Anyhow, sailing on;

Vote: traveling cat

wouldn't mind a claim from you. that'd be pretty good.

waggon waggon waggon

Kraken Puns

Smash Apprentice
you feel threatened? awww bless
question doesn't really concern you all the same

but by all means please do threaten us, I mean, me. I can see it makes you happy Embarrass

Swiss

Smash Lord
you feel threatened? awww bless
question doesn't really concern you all the same

but by all means please do threaten us, I mean, me. I can see it makes you happy Embarrass
Where on Earth did I say I felt threatened? What an odd conclusion - showing your intentions are false or you have little dgames knowledge. I will reserve forming an averse opinion of you in honour of your hydra partner.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're off kilter, Ran.
Different, more considered, care more about what people think of you. You are being too measured, calculated. You are scum.
Swiss, now that you say that you typo'd, was this a typo too? If so, what was the purpose of this than?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm fine with wagoning Badwolf/Tale-spin if it has to come to that. I'm still good with lynching Swiss and Red Ryu as well.

I'm also fine with giving AM's replacement some time before evaluating his slot.

I just realized that when you post from pages behind, you get to see the three most recent posts. Pretty neat.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote: Swiss

Everyone should be doing this. Swiss is bad-news-bears. Here's a comprehensive list of quotes from him demonstrating why, for lazy folks like me.

You're off kilter, Ran.

Different, more considered, care more about what people think of you. You are being too measured, calculated. You are scum.

---
Come on, this has to be a lynch.

Ran will be pushing a buddy..he wants to LyLo

---
Oh well this is new and exciting.

Ran and FF are scum...I'll need to do some digging first

---
Town: Gheb, Spin, Kraken, RR
Scum: Ran, FF, AM

Oh Ran I'm dayvig - so if you could claim or some such because you're a dead man.

@ Ran's reads: AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Wolf: Plan: Lynch AM toDay. Wait to see if RR dies during the night. If so yay if not lynch him tomorrow.
(I'm getting tired of coasters. IMO right now I'm ok with any coasters including Glyph and FF dead.
Would lynch: Ran, Glyph, FF, AM, TDK, and TC)
Swiss establishes a scum read on Ran multiple times.

Town: Spin, RR, Kraken, Swiss, Ran, Wolf
20 posts later Ran is suddenly Town! Now, this by itself is not incriminating because Swiss could have made a typo or Ran posted something between this post and the last one that made Swiss think Ran is Town.

The following posts rule out those possibilities.

Swiss why is Ran town now, what changed?
I've always thought Ran was town...?
So the calls out to him were a gambit?

You've lost me.
Things like this were posted earlier showing you didn't like Ran's play and thought it was even scummy.

What changed?
Swiss, flatter me as to why you now have me as town. And why you voted Gheb.
I never called you scum?

You never called me town either? (Until this page) Tell me what made you come to the conclusion, still. (And when exactly)
You care why?

I have a town read on you. Sing praises to whatever God you believe in and move along.

I care because of this:
(QUOTE)
See above, and see the change below.
(QUOTE)
Now what I want to know is what made you switch me from the scum list, to the town list.
I don't get why Swiss is saying he never called Ran scum. It's very clearly there and I remember it vividly too.
Typo. You've been a townread to me all game.
Swiss continues to defend his assertion that Ran is Town and EVEN said that he "always" thought Ran was Town. This rules out that his post 643 is a typo, and also rules out that there was something Ran said that made Swiss change his read on Ran.

If Town players are genuinely trying to hunt scum, they will remember who they read as scum. Especially if they post four different times that they read that player as scum and try to threaten them into claiming with a dayvig. They would not forget and completely turn around their read if their original read was earnest. Swiss slipped up. He is not scumhunting, and he is not Town.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Swiss lynch is not viable, nor would I support it over others.
Heck yeah it is viable. Read my #778 again and then let me know if you change your mind on how much you support it (the post makes Swiss' scumminess as crystal clear as it can be). And besides, it was you who first caught Swiss' mistake. You should be all over this wagon; it's a really good one and I might not have honed it on it without your help.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Heck yeah it is viable. Read my #778 again and then let me know if you change your mind on how much you support it (the post makes Swiss' scumminess as crystal clear as it can be). And besides, it was you who first caught Swiss' mistake. You should be all over this wagon; it's a really good one and I might not have honed it on it without your help.
Well, , I'm not sure. It is my main doubt on him atm but I've seen him do this before when he misread in Ryker Mafia day 2, he replaced out when he kept doing this.

Reguardless it is my main concern with him right now and would like him to aknowledge and look at it more now that I'm not the only one bringing it up with quotes on him, and I would rather wait a day on it with my action to consider here when I target him tonight.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
TBH Swiss is a better player than to forget something like that, consider me there in spirit but not going to go into this until i re-read Swiss entirely.

~Rake Side
I'd hate to sound whiny or naggy, but I (and the rest of the Town) would appreciate it lots if you could get to that ASAP. We've got a deadline coming up and all the other wagons are lame inactive lynches (I'm exaggerating, but there's some truth there). Besides, your vote is not on anybody anyway! It would be anti-town to waste it.
Well, , I'm not sure. It is my main doubt on him atm but I've seen him do this before when he misread in Ryker Mafia day 2, he replaced out when he kept doing this.

Reguardless it is my main concern with him right now and would like him to aknowledge and look at it more now that I'm not the only one bringing it up with quotes on him, and I would rather wait a day on it with my action to consider here when I target him tonight.
#1 You should be pressing him harder than you are. I am very disappointed in you. :( Would you be wiling to vote him at deadline if he's close to lynch?

#2 You're thinking of targeting him??!?! That's a no-good-very-bad-quite-awful idea, if I do say so myself. You're not at least going to pretend to consider lots of different people for the sake of maybe getting lucky and out-wifoming scum?

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Oh Sprite. I've missed you and your wisdom. :3

Vote: Swiss I support this lynch with the present evidence and have personally disliked Swiss for trying to get a claim out of three players.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd hate to sound whiny or naggy, but I (and the rest of the Town) would appreciate it lots if you could get to that ASAP. We've got a deadline coming up and all the other wagons are lame inactive lynches (I'm exaggerating, but there's some truth there). Besides, your vote is not on anybody anyway! It would be anti-town to waste it.
#1 You should be pressing him harder than you are. I am very disappointed in you. :( Would you be wiling to vote him at deadline if he's close to lynch?

#2 You're thinking of targeting him??!?! That's a no-good-very-bad-quite-awful idea, if I do say so myself. You're not at least going to pretend to consider lots of different people for the sake of maybe getting lucky and out-wifoming scum?
1. I tried and thought it was talking to a brick wall when he didn't say anything other than, it is a typo. I'm going to wait and see what he says before I consider a vote.

2. Why would I not? That is far from an awful idea.

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
Vote: Ranmaru cuz the more I read his posts the more I get scum tryhard vibes. Ill elaborate later when I'm not at work and on my dying phone
Scum tryhard vibes...? Umm, elaboration from you or someone else. I'm drawing a blank on meaning.

The prospect of having even more people replace into this game makes me sympathetic to an AM lynch. Chances are we wont get a deadline extension this time which means we'd be rushing a lynch just as someone new comes in if we wait for AM to get replaced =/
Wut? I do not follow the logic here.

You could have simply said "@Swiss: Not giving one, reasoning later" or not even addressed it. It just feels odd that you put a whole paragraph to that and almost nothing on anything else.
Not seeing anything odd about it.

What exactly was bull? You go saying that you're annoyed at someone for just debunking a statement without reason and then do it yourself. Don't like.
WTF? Are you bothering to read here? RR said much earlier I voted TDK to 'oppose the wagon on KP' despite the fact there was no Wagon, no votes on KP.

Considering that someone had a response to that, that basically killed it, why not choose another reason? Or you could beat the dead horse again.
What? Gheb asked me what I thought of RR's claim like I never posted one, so I pointed out where I've stated it.

You skipped whether or not you want him dead. Let's try that one, do you want RR dead?
I've been debating it since the claim. And honestly, I'm more for letting him live a Night or two on the chance of clearing some townies.

TC: How do you know Ryker? Be specific, I see you're a member on AiB so tell me what kinds of boards you would both post on. Are you playing in DGames because he introduced it to you, or did you come here independently?
We've only played mafia games on AiB and that's it. Seriously. Can't remember who introduced me here either.

Also very important, TC I hear you're a laaaaaaydaaaaaaaay

But the only girls who play mafia also date Ran

How is your being in a relationship with Ran impacting your read on him?
._. It might be a little rose tinted.

So I'm curious: does everyone have Vinyl as town or scum or what?
Not favorable. The only thing about him that comes to mind is he is a inactive who does a better job updating the status of his hand (I do hope it's recovering well) than of his reads.

That's the thing though - you say you didn't pay attention to his name. But the way I see things it'd be a stretch to say that you even pay attention to this game. Or can you give me a plausible reason on why you're not actually commenting on anything that doesn't directly involve you?
I'll admit I've been having a little trouble concentrating on the game, especially with so many unfamiliar players and playstyles. And with the general active players place me lynchworthy nullScum with no real reason why, it's frustrating.

And in the same hand it's an extremely safe choice for scum to chiefly poke those kinds of players that tend to be annoyed by inactivity. You can always put this silly game on yet another level and counter with "but in the same hand it's extremely safe for scum to say that." Bottom line is that inactive players hurt town. End of story. Scum won't kill them so keeping them around is also a safe choice for scum. Scum might be interested in getting an inactive player lynched because it's "safe" for them to do so [which is false anyway - since every idiot and his mom calls people out for pushing the lynch of an inactive player it's everything but safe] but even then they still mometarily help out the town in the process.
I completely agree. Inactive players are the bane of mafia games. They're almost never around, give little reads of other players, and their lack of posts make it difficult to read them. But shuffling your vote between them like your drawing names from a hat is not protown and will give you little support from other players. Wait it out, give them plenty of time to post, find the inactive/lurker with the most johns throughout their scarce posts and push a lynch based on their lack of content. Easier to hit a lurking scum this way, and even if you don't, one less deadweight. WinWin.

I can agree @TDK
Why Ryu?
I have stated my dislike of RR and am tired of repeating myself. One of the reasons is the same thing you got on him for when you replaced in.

But since my last post, I have changed my mind for lynching him toDay.

@bold that's not how you find scum in a mafia game.
Maybe not on my side. But I question your accuracy when you place someone leaning scum, then avoid any interactions that could verify or correct your read on said person.

Always down to lynch Glyph or frozen btw. I still don't think that lynching an inactive player toDay is a bad idea no matter how much flak I'll get for it.

What about Vinyl? I noticed when you list off inactives to lynch (ie Gymmo, Glyph, AM, FF, me) you rarely mention him even though he is an inactive as well.

Swiss insisting on being a liability.

RR, I feel like Swiss is a good target for you to visit tonight, do you agree?

Anyhow, sailing on;

Vote: traveling cat

wouldn't mind a claim from you. that'd be pretty good.

waggon waggon waggon
No. You aren't fishing for clams like Swiss is, right?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss wagon gets a few votes, tcat gets votes piling on and suddenly she is HERE. BAM! Bringing out cutting edge questions such as asking FF clarification on two posts.

Interesting to note she uses the dislike tell to distance herself from my flip but to still be on my lynch. O YA WELL SWISSAI SO MEAN I THUNKLYNCH GOOD ANYWAYZ SHAME ABOUT DAYVIG

Thoroughly amused everyone picks up on my flat denial re ran but noone calls me out for the far scummier actions which you were MEANT TO. Intent not outcome wtf get good. How does one of dgames finest forget he pushed Ran HARD on the same day phase even when it's quoted to him. Really.

Really guys?

Lynch tcat, her true colours show

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swiss, you either forgot about your push on me, or you had a reason for changing your read on me. If the latter, what was the reason for putting me as town?

Thoroughly amused everyone picks up on my flat denial re ran but noone calls me out for the far scummier actions which you were MEANT TO.
What are you talking about here? Why do you mention this?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah, I changed my read on you...I had a scum read, pushed you and you became a town read. Issue? How the hell would I forget about a read I decided to tunnel.....?

Because I wanted to see who'd jump me...

Have you ever played mafia before?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also note that as soon as tcat thinks she's on the block, her large post addresses multiple players - starting dialogue, friendly to semi friendly.

Instead of making a case on me herself, she jumps on Vult's (rofl bad case) and doesn't really do anything else other than a snide comment about how I want to limit people's fake claims.

Gheb Badwofl is town. Speaking of 'ol Wolfy my boy. When I die you'll be more Swissy and not really as much Wolfy and stuff?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Sigh, I forgot Tcat was a woman.

She's still scum and should be lynched, it just explains a little more of her irrational and spineless play. Probably that time of the month or something.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I changed my read on you...I had a scum read, pushed you and you became a town read. Issue? How the hell would I forget about a read I decided to tunnel.....?
How would I know? I asked you why it changed for you, simple as that. What was up with the calculating and carefulness? How does that line up with your read of me?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Mod please prod Vinyl., Frozen Flame, Tale-spin

T-spin Double Kill

Potassium|T-block
Apologies for absence. TB is in disneyland and I am busy with lots of theatre/grad stuff. Stopping in to say fine with tcat lynch.

Swiss is town. Badwulf is riding him but town. KP null for bringing this up. Gheb scummy for agreeing with KP bringing it up. Vult dumb or scum for his Swiss push. Leaning scum. Ran dumb or scum for outlandish and unreasonable reads. Leaning dumb. RR still town. Inactive slots could be anything.

Vig Vult on tcat scum, an inactive on tcat town.

Vote tcat

Top Bottom