• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread - Day 3 Stream is here!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Looks like we've hit the final hour.

Let's hope we get some great game news!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I summon you, Metroid Prime Trilogy!

Seriously, if it doesn't appear here, then I won't have any hope that it'll appear any time soon, the rumors started so far back that my only hope since Prime 4's delay has been that it's been held back for E3. It's the only "new game" I really want out of this, besides that I'm pretty happy with the already previously announced titles being covered (Smash, Pokémon, FE, Link's Awakening).

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm curious what'll come of this year's E3. Last year I don't think anybody would've guessed that half of the direct would be dedicated to Smash, and while it was great for Smash fans, everyone else was left sorta high and dry. I'm still optimistic though, I expect we'll see some great stuff this year from games we already know of, games we don't know of yet, should be a real hoot. As far as Smash goes, I personally expect a new character reveal to either start the Direct or end it, or possibly both, if we somehow get two characters revealed. Maybe start with a character reveal, end with an Echo or Echo Fighter Pass reveal?

I think we all know what to expect, but I'm personally holding out for a new, proper, back-to-roots Paper Mario. I'm 99% sure it's not going to happen, but Nintendo's thrown plenty of curveballs and left-fielders in their time. It's not an impossibility. As far as a more reasonable hope as far as surprises, I'm hoping for either a new Kirby game (that drops the multiplayer for a better, fleshed-out console Kirby experience, 2D or 3D), or Super Mario Odyssey 2 (something akin to how SMG2 was to the original SMG, using the same engine and ramping things up).
Actually, we already got info on Nintendo's 2018 E3 Direct will be focusing on Smash Bros, so I'll admit they shouldn't have dedicated a half of the Direct to focus on Smash ultimate back then, but I still think it was expected nonetheless.

With that, I really hope they won't focus on one game too much, if they do hope they give us more info on the Animal Crossing game, and with Monoltihsoft new title announced or a Xenoblade port I will be satisfied.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whoa there's going to be a video about video games pretty soon. That's pretty cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Whoa there's going to be a video about video games pretty soon. That's pretty cool.
Wouldn't it be cool if like, there was a time of the year where a whole bunch of games companies all showed off upcoming projects around the same time?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wouldn't it be cool if like, there was a time of the year where a whole bunch of games companies all showed off upcoming projects around the same time?
Upcoming projects? More like upcoming projects by showing us CGI short movie rather than actual gameplay...

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Actually, we already got info on Nintendo's 2018 E3 Direct will be focusing on Smash Bros, so I'll admit they shouldn't have dedicated a half of the Direct to focus on Smash ultimate back then, but I still think it was expected nonetheless.

With that, I really hope they won't focus on one game too much, if they do hope they give us more info on the Animal Crossing game, and with Monoltihsoft new title announced or a Xenoblade port I will be satisfied.
Did they? Hm, perhaps my memory's just bad. But I share your sentiments, I really hope they give the spotlight to a lot of games, and don't linger on one or another for too long. Seeing a rapid-fire display of game after game like they do for much of their much shorter regular directs for a large duration of the E3 direct would be great.

Upcoming projects? More like upcoming projects by showing us CGI short movie rather than actual gameplay...
They're showing off the accompanying CGI-movies releasing alongside the games, obviously. Why else would so many companies make animations for their trailers rather than showing off actual gameplay?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m buzzed and ready to go! Cmon before I fall asleep!!!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope everyone enjoys the direct. Good luck getting your character. Have fun everyone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've got a pretty nocturnal sleeping schedule so this is really early in the morning for me. Pretty sleepy right now.

Let's hope waking up is worth it.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Going into the Nintendo E3 Direct without Sabi spoiling it for us all. You got to admit, that is amazing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
AND IF SOME NINJA LEAKER JUMPS IN, SPOILERS PEOPLE.
Imagine having being the person to spoil something this close to the actual direct.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Actually one of my most wanted games at E3 is a new Mario golf. I still regularly play toadstool tour on gamecube with my parents, I'd like to have a new one to play with them after playing this one for nearly 16 years.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope everyone enjoys the direct. Good luck getting your character. Have fun everyone.
Well, my favorite one is a "lolno"(Brian, obviously, or not so obvious for those who don't know me), but hot damn, I'd love for Slime and Steve to show up. In the opposite order I said them in.

But I'm sure we're getting Banjo at this point. At least in the game. I'm already ready for him to potentially be a Mii Costume, which would still be awesome because it means BK is back on Nintendo. It's a great foot in the door. And I'll enjoy the hell out of the costume too. I've been wanting to see various Rare IP's back on Nintendo systems for a while now.

D

Deleted member

Hopes include:
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Banjo or Erdrick for Smash
Let's get this long awaited direct over with.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I hope there’s something really new, like, established franchises are cool but I’d like to see something new to talk about.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I'll be here shortly after the presentation so see y'all there. Hopefully it won't be too laggy but I'm confident based on the low activity on the site for a while now that it won't be but who knows.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For real though, for you Banjo fans, I hope the dream is finally real.

If not, I hope another Mega Man pulls a Chrom or we ENTER THE TEKKEN!

Alright, let's get this going.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
6 minutes.

Hope the best, but stay cautious.

I see you on the flipside.

D

Deleted member

I'm not ready for Banjo. I'm ready for Erdrick and no Banjo at all because I think Banjo being alive anymore is impossible, but I'm totally not ready for Banjo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They should just put Banjo, Erdrick, Kazooie, and Steve together as a 4-in-1 character. Then we could save more spaces on the pass.
Are they going to be stacked totem style or is Banjo going to run around with an extra large backpack with Erdrick and Steve inside it?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Are they going to be stacked totem style or is Banjo going to run around with an extra large backpack with Erdrick and Steve inside it?
Nah, Steve's be like Pokemon Trainer, and can switch between all 3. Bear, Bird, and Sword.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
1 minute to go.

Let's do this.

Top Bottom