• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown- Dawn of a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Weird topic for this thread, but I remember hearing that Capcom may port Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to Switch this year and make it an Ultimate edition with all DLC and new fighters such as the newly acquired X-Men.

Do you guys believe this rumor has any validity and who would you want to see added. Personally, I just hope Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright come back
I remember hearing that, and that it would be renamed Marvel vs Capcom 4.

What they'd need to do to make up for their PR blunders with Infinite is to bring back the X-Men, Doctor Doom and Deadpool, bring back the Marvel made character themes for the Marvel cast over the generic orchestral nonsense Disney forced them to use, and generally expand the roster to be bigger than Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and not hold back all the new characters as DLC out the gate.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I remember hearing that, and that it would be renamed Marvel vs Capcom 4.

What they'd need to do to make up for their PR blunders with Infinite is to bring back the X-Men, Doctor Doom and Deadpool, bring back the Marvel made character themes for the Marvel cast over the generic orchestral nonsense Disney forced them to use, and generally expand the roster to be bigger than Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and not hold back all the new characters as DLC out the gate.
I feel bad for Capcom when it came to UMvC as Disney was clearly the driving force of almost all its problems besides maybe the graphics...though I still think Disney is to blame as they probably wanted the cinematic look over the comic book shading style most of those models were created for.

Honestly more characters and a graphics touch up could make the game great. Hopefully they just cut out the story mode entirely so no time is spent fixing that and instead resources are used on perfecting everything around the already fantastic gameplay.

As for characters I want to see I would say a ton of returns are necessary along with some new fighters. Obviously Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Doctor Doom are absolute necessities on the returning side of Marvel as I don’t feel that the rest of the X-Men / Fantastic Four characters really have as much as a push as them. (Side note: Can Deadpool not scream all his lines this time, I hope he’s a bit more quiet and sly like he is in the movies). For Capcom, the returnees need to include Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe, and Amaterasu. These characters added so much more personality to the previous game. I feel like Jill Valentine, Akuma, or even classic Mega Man could also return.

As for new characters I believe Marvel should have brought in Star Lord in the original, but hey better late then never. Other cool Marvel newcomers could include Ant Man, maybe a new Spider (Gwen or Miles), Lock Jaw, Dare Devil, Vision, Scarlet Witch, or Loki. Capcom newcomers could maybe be M. Bison, Zack & Wiki, Leon Kennedy, Dr. Wily in his bubble ship, Protoman or Bass, or even Baby Bonnie Hood.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tomorrow will finally mark our first E3 events: Nintendo's tournaments (including Super Mario Maker 2, Splatoon 2, & Super Smash Bros. Ultimate) and EA Play.

I'll watch Mario Maker and Smash but might skip Splatoon (but will check recaps for Bingo card purposes)

And I don't give a rat's ass about EA.

D

Deleted member

Weird topic for this thread, but I remember hearing that Capcom may port Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to Switch this year and make it an Ultimate edition with all DLC and new fighters such as the newly acquired X-Men.

Do you guys believe this rumor has any validity and who would you want to see added. Personally, I just hope Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright come back
I feel bad for Capcom when it came to UMvC as Disney was clearly the driving force of almost all its problems besides maybe the graphics...though I still think Disney is to blame as they probably wanted the cinematic look over the comic book shading style most of those models were created for.

Honestly more characters and a graphics touch up could make the game great. Hopefully they just cut out the story mode entirely so no time is spent fixing that and instead resources are used on perfecting everything around the already fantastic gameplay.

As for characters I want to see I would say a ton of returns are necessary along with some new fighters. Obviously Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Doctor Doom are absolute necessities on the returning side of Marvel as I don’t feel that the rest of the X-Men / Fantastic Four characters really have as much as a push as them. (Side note: Can Deadpool not scream all his lines this time, I hope he’s a bit more quiet and sly like he is in the movies). For Capcom, the returnees need to include Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe, and Amaterasu. These characters added so much more personality to the previous game. I feel like Jill Valentine, Akuma, or even classic Mega Man could also return.

As for new characters I believe Marvel should have brought in Star Lord in the original, but hey better late then never. Other cool Marvel newcomers could include Ant Man, maybe a new Spider (Gwen or Miles), Lock Jaw, Dare Devil, Vision, Scarlet Witch, or Loki. Capcom newcomers could maybe be M. Bison, Zack & Wiki, Leon Kennedy, Dr. Wily in his bubble ship, Protoman or Bass, or even Baby Bonnie Hood.
I'd like to think the reason they weren't included in the game was because of the emphasis of adding a story mode to the game and the team working on Infinite couldn't find a way to shoehorn any of them into it or didn't have the time to do so (even though Nemesis and Dormammu got sidelined incredibly hard like holy **** Capcom). Any returning characters are cool but there's no doubt the first person they'd want to bring back would have to be Wolverine.

Though I don't think most of them would be in, I'd like to see Samanosuke, Asura, Gene, the Arisen, Nilin, and a Sengoku Basara character in a MvC game as Capcom's newcomers. Aside from Monster Hunter, the Capcom franchises in MvC:I were already represented in the previous games, so the roster didn't feel solid enough to me. As for Marvel, the newcomers I'd like to see are Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Mystique, and Spider-Gwen.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I have been hearing rumours of a new Marvel Vs Capcom game in the works:

https://twitter.com/LeakerHearts/status/1132845823556030464

I'm not exactly sure how reliable this information is above, but take it with a grain of salt for now.

Speaking about the Capcom Fighting Division, really need to up their game if they were to keep up with other fighting games such as Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat XI and potentially the new Samurai Shodown game. I'm personally still hoping for a new Darkstalkers game (considering that this year marks the 25th anniversary of the series in which I hope something may happen.)

I do recall that Ono will possibly have some further Street Fighter V news at EVO in August, so I doubt we will get any new info at E3.

Capcom had been doing great with their other franchises such as Monster Hunter World, the Resident Evil 2 Reboot, Megaman 11 and Devil May Cry 5, I just hope that their fighting game division can keep the momentum going.

Anyways it seems like Ono and Harada were both pictured together recently:

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1136729693682487296

In which I'm starting to speculate that they may possibly unveil the long awaited Tekken X Street Fighter game at E3 which had been in the works for quite a while.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Yooka-Laylee sequel has been announced and they're dropping half a dimension.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...playtonics_next_game_and_its_coming_to_switch

Missed opportunity to all it Twoka-Laylee IMO but let's see where this goes.

When apprentice becomes master!

Rare looking at Retro’s Tropical Freeze

I'd like to think the reason they weren't included in the game was because of the emphasis of adding a story mode to the game and the team working on Infinite couldn't find a way to shoehorn any of them into it or didn't have the time to do so (even though Nemesis and Dormammu got sidelined incredibly hard like holy **** Capcom). Any returning characters are cool but there's no doubt the first person they'd want to bring back would have to be Wolverine.
No, Disney definitely meddled with MvC. Tons of other franchises at the time weren’t given permission to use X-Men or Fantastic Four (LEGO Marvel) and Disney deliberately killed off a large sum of X-Men in the comics and made the F4 retire. Due to the issue of movie rights I assume Disney made many decisions to exclude X-Men in MvC as they would promote FOX. The good thing now is that Disney owns FOX and their Marvel titles and have made amends with Sony, so any X-Men, F4 and Spider Man content can be used, which means better characters for us.

Also, yeah, I agree, the story mode likely took a toll on development so I hope they don’t do it for the new title.

D

Deleted member

No, Disney definitely meddled with MvC. Tons of other franchises at the time weren’t given permission to use X-Men or Fantastic Four (LEGO Marvel) and Disney deliberately killed off a large sum of X-Men in the comics and made the F4 retire. Due to the issue of movie rights I assume Disney made many decisions to exclude X-Men in MvC as they would promote FOX. The good thing now is that Disney owns FOX and their Marvel titles and have made amends with Sony, so any X-Men, F4 and Spider Man content can be used, which means better characters for us.
I meant the Capcom characters and not any of the X-Men and F4. I should've been clearer on that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
When apprentice becomes master!

Rare looking at Retro’s Tropical Freeze

Also, yeah, I agree, the story mode likely took a toll on development so I hope they don’t do it for the new title.
Disney is to blame for cutting out the X-Men but it's on Capcom for the how they handled the PR.

Capcom: Characters are just functions.
Nintendo: Here, have three different Links in the same game!

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
it's on Capcom for the how they handled the PR.
Not necessarily, I think many assumed that Capcom was not allowed to disclose details about Disney. In some way Capcom had to address the elephant in the room being that X-Men were gone, but couldn’t speak ill of the mouse house. Their hands were tied, it’s either rile up fans or loose the partnerships for the future, there was no good way to handle this. Disney pretty much made it so that Capcom would take all the blame for their decisions and there was nothing Capcom could do about it without angering Disney and loosing the Marvel license if not getting sued first.

I get the functions comment was bad, but I’m not sure what else they could have said. They obviously can’t mention or allude to decisions by Disney, so explaining why huge icons are gone was a position that no one should have to be stuck in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Not necessarily, I think many assumed that Capcom was not allowed to disclose details about Disney. In some way Capcom had to address the elephant in the room being that X-Men were gone, but couldn’t speak ill of the mouse house. Their hands were tied, it’s either rile up fans or loose the partnerships for the future, there was no good way to handle this. Disney pretty much made it so that Capcom would take all the blame for their decisions and there was nothing Capcom could do about it without angering Disney and loosing the Marvel license if not getting sued first.

I get the functions comment was bad, but I’m not sure what else they could have said. They obviously can’t mention or allude to decisions by Disney, so explaining why huge icons are gone was a position that no one should have to be stuck in.
It's easy enough, try and sell it like Street Fighter 3 and go for a mostly new cast. Their hands may have been tied on the Marvel Side but there's a lot of interesting Capcom characters they could have added and they could have added in several movie characters in the base instead of holding them back for DLC. It's about putting their best foot forward.

In other news, THQ announced a remake/reboot of Destroy All Humans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It's easy enough, try and sell it like Street Fighter 3 and go for a mostly new cast. Their hands may have been tied on the Marvel Side but there's a lot of interesting Capcom characters they could have added and they could have added in several movie characters in the base instead of holding them back for DLC. It's about putting their best foot forward.

In other news, THQ announced a remake/reboot of Destroy All Humans.
I can agree with that. To go against Capcom, but defend the developers, the game’s budget was projected to be less than a pack of DLC for Street Fighter V. I feel the devs did the best they could for the low budget and Disney issues, plus the fact that they need a story mode as the fighting game community criticized Capcom multiple times for not having one. The game is what it is due to the circumstances around it, as it was clearly set out to die.

Hopefully the devs are given another chance with four and can go without restrictions or a story. Hopefully Capcom will actually give them a budget this time and they can clean up the mess while retaining the fantastic gameplay of MvCI, so I look forward to seeing if the rumor is true and how the game looks.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Personally, I think the best and first thing they could do is port Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, at least then it would help being some cash on the side from the resulting sales.
Nah, upgrading Infinite would be better as the game clearly has potential and would likely sell better if given more time. Capcom has clearly made back quite a bit of cash since 2017 with games like DMC5 and Mega Man 11. Now that Disney will let all Marvel characters be used, I feel now is the proper timer to really upgrade and let Infinite shine.

D

Deleted member

You know Pokemon is the most successful media franchise ever right? More so than even Star Wars
Honestly, not really. If I had to rank all gaming(and only gaming) franchises(in terms of general popularity/notoriety) it would go something like this:

1)Mario
2)Sonic
3)Fnaf
4)Minecraft
5)mix between Undertale and Tetris, really.
etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Honestly, not really. If I had to rank all gaming(and only gaming) franchises(in terms of general popularity/notoriety) it would go something like this:

1)Mario
2)Sonic
3)Fnaf
4)Minecraft
etc etc.
Yeah, and you'd be wrong.

Grandma knows what Pikachu is. Grandma does not know who Sans is.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

1)Mario
2)Sonic
3)Fnaf
4)Minecraft
etc etc.
Uhh excuse me, where the heck is Fire Emblem?

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
What I’m hoping for from E3

Battle for Bikini Bottom Remaster-check
COD Modern Warfare news-confirmed
Dead Island 2 news
New Spongebob game
New Donkey Kong game
New Playtonic game-check
Metroid Prime trilogy remaster
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Switch Ports
Banjo Kazooie Smash Bros
New Perfect Dark
New Road Rash
Half Life 3
Starfield news
Bulletstorm sequel
Dead Space 4
More Lovecraft games announced
Crysis reboot
Outlast 3
Donkey Kong 64 remaster
Resident Evil 8

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and you'd be wrong.

Grandma knows what Pikachu is. Grandma does not know who Sans is.
I was judging them by overall popularity AND notoriety.

Pokemon, while very popular, is not as noterious as games like Undertale, which became a cultural phenemon very early in it's life, while Pokemon has been slowly becoming more and more noterious over time.

The same can be said for Mario(reverse the placements of popular and noterious in the above sentence)

Sonic became noterious for bad game design and is a cultural icon

Minecraft... do I even need to say more?

and Tetris is the most sold game of all time(including spin-offs) but it fails on popularity, so it's with undertale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Pokemon, while very popular, is not as noterious as games like Undertale, which became a cultural phenemon very early in it's life, while Pokemon has been slowly becoming more and more noterious over time.

The same can be said for Mario(reverse the placements of popular and noterious in the above sentence)

and Tetris is the most sold game of all time(including spin-offs) but it fails on popularity, so it's with undertale.
Let me know when Sans has a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade for over a decade straight.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404

Kid, you obviously did not live through the turn of the century when the Catholic church began a smear campaign on the franchise because it was more popular than Jesus. You're talking from a very limited scope of the people you know who play video games--a far, far cry from the entirety of the human race. Undertale and Minecraft are not Macy's parade floats.

There's a kid in rural Africa living out of a grass hut right now who could tell you who Mario, Sonic, and especially Pikachu are. Minecraft is 10 years old and not even on the radar, dude. Internet popular is not the same as being a globally recognized historical icon.

D

Deleted member

Kid, you obviously did not live through the turn of the century when the Catholic church began a smear campaign on the franchise because it was more popular than Jesus. You're talking from a very limited scope of the people you know who play video games--a far, far cry from the entirety of the human race. Undertale and Minecraft are not Macy's parade floats.

There's a kid in rural Africa living out of a grass hut right now who could tell you who Mario, Sonic, and especially Pikachu are. Minecraft is 10 years old and not even on the radar, dude. Internet popular is not the same as being a globally recognized historical icon.
I will admit I was not born during the turn of the century. I may as well drop the topic now anyway, as I've already posted my views.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Have there been any leaks or news about Smash DLC?
Not any solid ones. The had been one rumor but I'll put it in spoiler

Erdrick and Banjo Kazzoie double reveal

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The thing about leaks is....
-People are spotting a "hidden Rayman" in Battlefield
-Leaks are spoiling Banjo & Kazooie
-Vegeben has completely different leaks than either of those
-The Google Theory also is completely different
-The Grinch Leak fooled everyone anyway

Leaks really cannot be trusted at this point and should be taken with a serious grain of salt. Also consider the possibility that Nintendo employees are straight up lying about leaks to divert suspicion--they did this to try to prevent Harry Potter form being spoiled a while back.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
It's been a long wait but E3 is coming soon. That time of year has finally arrived!

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon was a while cultural phenomenon as its release and still is. Undertale never was -___- ...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I am obligated by law to post this

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the feed to the tournaments if you're interested in them.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It's that time of the year again when your brains get stressed to the max about Smash stuff at E-3

RIP our brains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom