• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I was thinking more among the lines of the light green color @epicmartin7 posted matching Isaac's Psynergy hands (in the actual GS games and Brawl, not the yellow ones in Ultimate)
Really? I thought they were more yellowish in the games too.

It's beena very long time since I played any of the GS games so I don't actually remember very well their specific colors.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What logic is there in getting angry about more characters?
To go into Sakurai's own example:
"Meh, I'm angry that there are more gourmet dessert options that I can choose to not buy or even look at."
It's not really about that. I did not say angry, just not happy. On that, people do not want to wait between large gaps for more characters. Also:

I am not saying a third pass is a third pass would be a bad idea, on the subject of a third pass, but since we are close to Ultimate's DLC ending, presumably, and that Sakurai said that Season 2 is the last, I feel like making another DLC pass would ruin all that, make it all for nothing, if you know what I mean.
So, unless they change how DLC is released and say something about DLC not ending before the third pass is announced in any way, I am not sure if this will be that good of an idea for fans.

Plus, let's face it, Sakurai deserves a vacation.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
On one hand, Sakurai's tendency to overwork himself is self-inflicted, but on the other hand, it's a common part of Japanese culture to inflict such upon oneself. I have no doubt Sakurai loves what he does and it's certainly why he's still at it, but there's also the fact that work environments in Japan very often expect this sort of thing. As was mentioned above, it's not really a good thing or something to brush off as "just culture" or "that's Japan."

Of course, many other countries have their own flavors of this mindset (think your garden-variety "hustle" kids and AAA "crunch") and it's not good!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since we got quite a few newcomers from fighting games in Ultimate, maybe we could get a handful of FPS newcomers in Smash 6?
I think it is ridiculous to think Smash 6 will be anything short of a reboot. Anything else is just Smash Less-Than Ultimate.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That color theory bull**** is still alive?

Gee, it's good thing all preexisting character wear the same color as their Smash color

1623780979153.png

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Nintendo direct showed again, Nintendo is not representative of my tastes. The only game that looked cool was BotW 2 and they didn't say anything about Metroid Prime 4.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I am very curious to see if Sakurai brings up Heihachi being considered for Smash for Wii U and 3DS in Kazuya's presentation.

If he mentions anything about this being a successor to that original idea, then Second Chances theory is borderline confirmed IMO. Five for five is pretty damn good.

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984
Given that they have had Tekken characters as Tamers in some realities BUT its also been a piece of media in other dimensions - which is quite common for core universes in that franchise - its basically an honourary Digimon subseries.

So I just need Kazuya with a tag-team Game&Watch to beat Pokémon Trainer.
Fascinating. The Digimon game she appeared in looks like a Japan-only title though. Now to see if Agumon shows up as a Mii Costume.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guess you never will. But do you really think a third pass, especially if it is handled with such big gaps between each character like the last two, is such a good idea?
...Let's explore this.

Grow the biggest video game Crossover of All Time
Foster business relationships
Automatically get free, intense hype with every release
Continue to make bank
Make more fans happy...

Yeah, Yeah I do think the best option for Nintendo is to continue to do more.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That was an awesome Direct.

Tekken in Smash is a safe but solid pick. I think Heihachi is more iconic, but I'm guessing the Devil form is better for gameplay.
A new 2D Metroid being called Dread is amazing and brings years of rumors full circle. The amiibos will be scalped HARD.
Advance Wars returning is the biggest surprise IMO. Remake or not. Is it IS that's making it?
Fatal Frame being saved from Wii U eShop prison is great.
Didn't realize GotG was also coming to Switch. Honestly might pick it up now. Maybe. If it runs decently.
SMTV, I'm not a fan of but the gameplay/graphics seemed interesting.
Still waiting for Wario Land, but WarioWare is certainly nice and is coming out much sooner than I would have thought.
Danganronpa makes a lot of sense to bring to Switch. I might actually check the series out now.
Mario Party I'm sure will be fine but it seems kind of like a filler title. Just how much did Super Mario Party do for the formula?
Zelda G&W is something I've been crossing my fingers for as I love my SMB G&W. Link's Awakening is an unexpected bonus.
I have no idea what to make of BotW2 as I haven't played the original. I'm curious to hear just how far into 2022 it will release?

If a new DK game is on way, I'll guess it'll be a long time before anything is shown. It was always the most suspect of the rumors IMO.
Kirby seems like it's due for another mainline entry, but I guess it's something saved for a more regular Direct like previous titles.
FE taking some more time between entries is fine. If a potential remake is next, saving it for a regular Direct is fine.
Nothing for No More Heroes 3 is surprising considering how soon it comes out.
I don't think anyone was betting on Metroid Prime 4, so a mere acknowledgement is cool enough. Definitely next E3 IMO.
Bayonetta 3 continues to elude. Maybe next year.
LMAO nothing for a new Switch model.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
...Let's explore this.

Continue to make bank
Make more fans happy...

Let's be honest, this conversation is going nowhere, real fast, so I think it's best to just drop it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Plus, let's face it, Sakurai deserves a vacation.
It doesn't matter if you think he deserves a vacation, he lives in a nation where his workaholism is considered perfectly normal. I know I already mentioned Japanese work culture to you, but it's a HUGE problem in Japan, and Sakurai is just one example. There's probably plenty of other guys associated with Nintendo working themselves to death too, and they're not taking breaks either.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am very curious to see if Sakurai brings up Heihachi being considered for Smash for Wii U and 3DS in Kazuya's presentation.

If he mentions anything about this being a successor to that original idea, then Second Chances theory is borderline confirmed IMO. Five for five is pretty damn good.
This is how Dixie Kong wins

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
...Let's explore this.

Continue to make bank
Make more fans happy...

Maybe, but at this point, with the reasons I gave, I don't think money will be enough. They'll likely have to make hints of some kind that a third pass is coming before it is announced. Otherwise, a surprise announcement would ruin the whole "end of Ultimate's DLC" and "make it all for nothing" if you know what I mean, which isn't always that good for reasons.

Say, would Kazuya fit the "second chance" idea that's been thrown around for FP2? I guess there was already Tekken content in the game which is now expanded, but otherwise I dunno, more likely Tekken got in because... it's Tekken.
Yes, but I don't see any reason for the last character to continue the trend. People have convinced themselves that it will be a recurring theme for the entire pass, but that was never promised. Just like what happened with pass 1.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With Smash bros quickly coming to an end now i'm wondering what newcomers are coming to Robot Wars 30 lol

It's neat that Code Geass is coming back for this one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It doesn't matter if you think he deserves a vacation, he lives in a nation where his workaholism is considered perfectly normal. I know I already mentioned Japanese work culture to you, but it's a HUGE problem in Japan, and Sakurai is just one example. There's probably plenty of other guys associated with Nintendo working themselves to death too, and they're not taking breaks either.
I KNOW THAT! That doesn't change that overworking oneself, or in Sakurai's case, not getting that much sleep, is a good thing. People need breaks every now and then, you know, regardless of where they're from.

EDIT: Plus, it is not just me. Many other people think that.

Last edited:

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
That was an awesome Direct.

Tekken in Smash is a safe but solid pick. I think Heihachi is more iconic, but I'm guessing the Devil form is better for gameplay.
A new 2D Metroid being called Dread is amazing and brings years of rumors full circle. The amiibos will be scalped HARD.
Advance Wars returning is the biggest surprise IMO. Remake or not. Is it IS that's making it?
Fatal Frame being saved from Wii U eShop prison is great.
Didn't realize GotG was also coming to Switch. Honestly might pick it up now. Maybe. If it runs decently.
SMTV, I'm not a fan of but the gameplay/graphics seemed interesting.
Still waiting for Wario Land, but WarioWare is certainly nice and is coming out much sooner than I would have thought.
Danganronpa makes a lot of sense to bring to Switch. I might actually check the series out now.
Mario Party I'm sure will be fine but it seems kind of like a filler title. Just how much did Super Mario Party do for the formula?
Zelda G&W is something I've been crossing my fingers for as I love my SMB G&W. Link's Awakening is an unexpected bonus.
I have no idea what to make of BotW2 as I haven't played the original. I'm curious to hear just how far into 2022 it will release?

If a new DK game is on way, I'll guess it'll be a long time before anything is shown. It was always the most suspect of the rumors IMO.
Kirby seems like it's due for another mainline entry, but I guess it's something saved for a more regular Direct like previous titles.
FE taking some more time between entries is fine. If a potential remake is next, saving it for a regular Direct is fine.
Nothing for No More Heroes 3 is surprising considering how soon it comes out.
I don't think anyone was betting on Metroid Prime 4, so a mere acknowledgement is cool enough. Definitely next E3 IMO.
Bayonetta 3 continues to elude. Maybe next year.
LMAO nothing for a new Switch model.
The Mario Party is the original formula not the Super one and also Monkey Ball remakes are hype

osby

Smash Obsessed
Still a bit miffed no splatoon 3 tho. That’s my only complaint

IM STILL POGGING ABOUT PXZ2 AND SMASH OFFICIALLY BEING CONNECTED NOW WITH KAZUYA

IT’S CANON IT’S CANON IT’S #}*+ING CANON!!!!
Wait, did I miss something? Didn't Smash already have characters who appeared in Project X Zone?

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've always found the "second chance" theory a bit silly because it implies they haven't been floating ideas on and off for the past ~five years. Obviously there'll be a few fighters here and there that were thought of before but, for one reason or another, canned for the time being. There certainly wouldn't be some rule regarding it - some quota to fill with "second chances."

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, did I miss something? Didn't Smash already have characters who appeared in Project X Zone?
Well, Ken was a given for Ult, and Chrom too. Ryu and Lucina returned from 4, and then Fiora and Zero are NPCs in Smash

guess I needed one more to make it 100% official

and that was Kazuya

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He was very recently revealed in the SSB Crusade fan game if that means anything to you

Well.. yes it does mean a lot. That actually made me more hype than Kazuya- particularly due to the music- until WarGreymon was not a part of the moveset.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm just saying, if you can't deal with Ultimate coming to an end, you still have a few months to come to terms with it.
I can deal with Ultimate ending, I just don't want people to think Sakurai's going to take a long vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom