• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2014 - Super Smash Bros. Invitational - Players/Rules Announced

Caysekong

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one that noticed the reveal video used the same Gerudo Valley remix that was in the documentary?

P0pz

Smash Rookie
And then there will be that one guy who takes his turn to play the Mario Kart Demo instead of playing smash bros.

"Which game would ya like to play sir? Smash Bros, or Mario Kart?" Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Mario Kart!
Isn't mario kart 8 coming out on may 30? Why would they waste time and money setting up a demo for it if it'll already be out by the time e3 starts?

P0pz

Smash Rookie
Any ny smashers planning on attending the best buy smash fest if they bring it to the the long island city best buy like last year?

TheNin10doUltra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nin10doUltra
3DS FC
0259-0299-7386
And then there will be that one guy who takes his turn to play the Mario Kart Demo instead of playing smash bros.

"Which game would ya like to play sir? Smash Bros, or Mario Kart?" Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Mario Kart!
Uh Mario Kart 8 will already be out before E3 xD :shades:

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Why are people embellishing what Nintendo said about who's taking part in the tournament, they didn't say the "best players" so it leaves the possibilities wide open. "Watch live as 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players". Highly skilled players could mean anything I'm afraid :(. I want to see Mango and M2K myself but I dunno if I should get my hopes up lol

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
As long as we get to see something epic (Ken vs Mango?), I'll be content.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Isn't mario kart 8 coming out on may 30? Why would they waste time and money setting up a demo for it if it'll already be out by the time e3 starts?
Uh Mario Kart 8 will already be out before E3 xD :shades:
That..... is the joke

That's the joke. at last years Best buy all the demos were on the same game and a person got to pick which one they wanted to play. Another person suggested Mario Kart could be there as a demo too, despite it already being out at that time, which wouldn't make any sense as to why anyone would pick it over smash bros.

Last edited:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Funny how most people forget about M2K's teases, like telling us we shouldn't be suprised if we see "a certain main of him" returning in Smash4, or how he might play Smash4 before everyone else.

Sounds like our Robot was one of the 16 chosen ones :)

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Funny how most people forget about M2K's teases, like telling us we shouldn't be suprised if we see "a certain main of him" returning in Smash4, or how he might play Smash4 before everyone else.

Well, that's kind of a big list of characters. MK, Jigglypuff, M2, Roy, Falco.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Now that there's a new forum specifically for E3, this thread has been moved and sticky-ed.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I wish bestbuy would do a 4 way game that allows the 3 losers to get off the game and keep the winner till he looses.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Wait is this real? I mean I wasn't doubting that R.O.B. was in, but that's still cool if true.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Ahh... the day is coming closer. So ****ing excited!

I'd also like to ask anyone that has experience in the matter about what time I should consider arriving to Best Buy (assuming that there will most likely be one with the demo in DFW) to get my hands on the game. I suppose we don't even know if the select store locations will only have the demo for one day or for a time. We'll just have to wait for more information.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I wish bestbuy would do a 4 way game that allows the 3 losers to get off the game and keep the winner till he looses.
Or they could do all 4 drop out, I don't really want to see some competitive player constantly beating up little kids in a video game just so he can play more.

More rotation and people could actually play the game to figure things out instead of going with what they know to win and keep playing

This is coming from a competitive player.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Or they could do all 4 drop out, I don't really want to see some competitive player constantly beating up little kids in a video game just so he can play more.

More rotation and people could actually play the game to figure things out instead of going with what they know to win and keep playing

This is coming from a competitive player.
you are right I am being self ish. The competition starts winter 2014 i suppose

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
On Prog's twitter, he did say he's getting off those days now, but that's about it so far.

also redmond nice

edit: I actually rechecked, it may have been removed.

edit2: I rechecked checked. It was a misinterpretation probably.
I think Prog's hinting at stuff, but again nothing's been officially said. We'll have to wait.

Side note: are you in the Redmond/Kirkland/bellevue/Seattle area??

Morbi

Scavenger
I am curious about the tournament roster; I highly doubt the 16 players are going to be utilizing the final build. We still have about 12 more veterans to be revealed (I am not counting Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Snake). So I wonder if they will be included? Or maybe just the characters revealed up to this point? It would be odd with no Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, or Meta Knight.

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Nope but I will be starting sometime this summer. Plan on going to DigiPen
Oh nice! I'm going to Western Washington U in the fall, so I'll be going up north to Bellingham, but that's still close by. DigiPen has a good Smash group I hear.
I am curious about the tournament roster; I highly doubt the 16 players are going to be utilizing the final build. We still have about 12 more veterans to be revealed (I am not counting Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Snake). So I wonder if they will be included? Or maybe just the characters revealed up to this point? It would be odd with no Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, or Meta Knight.
I think the starting roster will have been revealed by then and the invitational will have the starting roster. No unlockables or anything. The reason I say this is because the 3DS version will be out soon (or already out who knows) and the roster will have to be finalized.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh nice! I'm going to Western Washington U in the fall, so I'll be going up north to Bellingham, but that's still close by. DigiPen has a good Smash group I hear.

I think the starting roster will have been revealed by then and the invitational will have the starting roster. No unlockables or anything.
That is a good point; it will probably be the case, I am not sure why I didn't think of that. :dkmelee:

Falco865

Smash Apprentice
If they are going to feature pro players in the tourney which I think they might now if mew2king has been teasing that he will get to play smash 4 before other people, no way is Mango getting invited. He has a reputation for being a raging alcoholic and for being very volitile, they won't want him representing the smash community.

Plebeian

Smash Rookie
I'm very doubtful they will invite pro gamers like mew2king etc...

I mean i want them to, but the way they phrased it "highly skilled players" could literally mean anything

Still, very exciting! Very good PR from nintendo I must say

Top Bottom