• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
ZeRo hyping for something that he won't announce... Keeps saying "Soon"...

And something about Prog talking about Project M
huh, yeah, I knew about the Zero thing... didn't it have to do with the pic of the day? Or some people were saying that it has to do with P:M?

D

Deleted member

With regards to the whole ZeRo announcement thing, in the past he's made cameo appearances on the Japan Time podcast, maybe he'll make another cameo and make this announcement there? (The next Japan Time looks to be around next week since they do it every 2 weeks).

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The news has nothing to do with Nintendo, but affects the scene...

Project M is modding Smash 4. That's probably the announcement. Yawn, no interest.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well this was all fun, I loved all the gameplay we got to see. And IMO, great newcomers. Until next time. ;)

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
The news has nothing to do with Nintendo, but affects the scene...

Project M is modding Smash 4. That's probably the announcement. Yawn, no interest.
Therefore it can't be PM because PM is Smash and Smash is Nintendo.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Correction. Project M is a mod of Nintendo game, but Nintendo plays no part in it. I'm pretty sure he's specifying that Nintendo's actions have nothing to do with his announcement, making it unrelated to them.

1. It affects the "scene" including Zero.
2. It has nothing to do with Nintendo's actions.
3. Its very "hype"
4. It will change the metagame.
5. He's not allowed to announce it yet (the modders might want the Nintendo hype to die down a bit so they don't find out)

It all seems to point to a new Project M. Which is cool if you care about that. I personally don't. I didn't enjoy Project M that much outside of character buffs, Roy and Mewtwo.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
All I want out of what's coming up is that P:M doesn't get killed out of nowhere. Realistically, the most Nintendo does is block mention of it on Miiverse, so I don't think that's going to happen. Anything could change, though...

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Respect for other people is very skewed these days. What people care about, and so forth. Yes, it's all a matter of preference but....

It's like when Michael Jackson died and there was all this national news coverage on his death and so forth. While my fellow soldiers and I sat looking at the coffins of our fellow brothers and sisters in arms... considered to be just another statistic that wasn't even mentioned in the news.

Alright, sorry... ending rant here. Was just tired and a little disgruntled by some of the non-constructive criticism stuff. Bringing me back to dark places.

Now for those of you who want a real horror story.

Imagine going out to a desert of endless rocks. No showers for days on end. Super heat beating down on you. Waking up to find scorpions and snakes around you.

Running around while carrying a crap load of stuff like this....

Edit: Well crap, picture from facebook won't work here... and I'm too lazy to upload it... rofl.

Now that's horror! -Goes into a corner and starts rocking back and forth.-

To be honest, I'm glad that my contract is just about up. I much prefer writing my novels and playing video games then running around playing Army. XD It's so satisfying creating something that people enjoy too.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed this E3 and what we got.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Also can't be because since the Wii U hasn't even been hacked yet, to my knowledge. Plus we don't even know if the same exploits that allow you to load data from the SD card in Brawl works with Smash 4.

Unless the modding is official, which I doubt. But then it wouldn't really be modding, it would be making a game at that point.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Zero said the announcement will be "In the upcoming months" Let me snapshot it to see if I read his post correctly... Ill edit my post

Last edited:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Nintendo can most definitely shut down Project M if they wished too. When you buy a game you buy a license to play that game, not to modify it.... you don't actually own the code that is Brawl. The reason it hasn't been shut down is that, contrary to popular belief, Nintendo is actually very lax and almost silently supportive when it comes to fan games and mods.

Game hacks have been shut down before, though, Square-Enix is pretty notorious about it actually.
I have addressed that in my previous post "It is still of Nintendo's right to ask for its development activities to be halted, but not for being illegal, but for using their IPs and they having power over them."

When you buy a game, you own everything on it, and the right to mod it. You only don't have the commercial rights over the modded product. That's why we in the PM dev team do our best to honor smash bros. and the franchises inside it, also make clear that PM is a fan celebration of the passion behind those games in our community. So Nintendo doesn't feel the need of sending us a letter claiming brand damage.

Copyright law is the kind of information that should be more widely publicized. I can understand all the misconceptions on modifications though.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
"Also, guys, when I say that 'It'll change the metagame', I simply mean that it will create a cool effect in the scene. Don't try to guess it! It's about the scene as a whole and also involves me :)."
I have a feeling it will be good for the metagame and not bad or Zero would not be hyping it up

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have addressed that in my previous post "It is still of Nintendo's right to ask for its development activities to be halted, but not for being illegal, but for using their IPs and they having power over them."

When you buy a game, you own everything on it, and the right to mod it. You only don't have the commercial rights over the modded product. That's why we in the PM dev team do our best to honor smash bros. and the franchises inside it, also make clear that PM is a fan celebration of the passion behind those games in our community. So Nintendo doesn't feel the need of sending us a letter claiming brand damage.

Copyright law is the kind of information that should be more widely publicized. I can understand all the misconceptions on modifications though.
Pretty positive the language in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act states that it is illegal to modify any software in a way "which alter the game in ways not intended by the publishers." I'll have to go over it when I'm not at work.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok, guys I think it's time to wrap things up. The mods will descend on this thread soon enough to put it o bed. Then nail the bed shut, then burry the bed and pave over it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a quick thing I saw, but during one of the transitions from game-to-game at the E3 Treehouse Stream, there was a round where we see Blue DK Win on the Big screen, but before that you can see effects VERY SIMILAR to Barbara the Bat's SSBB Assist Trophy during gameplay, and I did see Purple.
Barbara de-confirmed? ._.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That really sucks eh :p
I like this guy.

Anyway, does this thread really have to be closed? Can't it just be renamed "E3 2014 General Discussion"?

Since it basically evolved to that three days ago anyway, it got to a point where we were just reacting, not speculating.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
My guess is at the very least this thread will live till after tomorrow, since there still might be a few more discoveries from those going to the last Smash Fest.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
People suck with dates this week huh?
Summer=October?
In a bit=Upcoming MONTHS!?

Also any info on that project M thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom