• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
There's a difference between having a harmless opinion, and having hatred.

Opinion: "Oh, your views are different from mine. That's fine, let's agree to disagree."

Hatred: "Your life is worthless now because I disagree with you on one thing you did and have no regards to the rest of your well-being because I am a hateful pod. It doesn't matter if you love it, or were born with it; if I don't like it, you can go to hell."

In his case, he didn't have to talk about "Zero ruined the community because I think this", or have to go as low to say that "everyone" hates him for it. That's hatred - that's not an opinion. You really should learn the differences, because the difference of a opinion and hatred is what makes this world the hell it is right now.
haha, seriously? Okay, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Before you think I'm hating on Zero as well, I've not said the sort because I have an opinion on it. Just like you do. Your opinion is that Zero has not harmed, while Zipzo's opinion is opposite. You still think it's hatred? Let's see the exact definition of "opinion" shall we?
"A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."
And as for hatred
"Intense dislike or ill will."
You see, there's no evidence to support that Zero has harmed nor has strengthened smash as a whole. There's just a lot of opinions. Before you get mixed up and such, hatred is more or less "hate", an emotion. An opinion and emotion do not equal each other and should not be used in the way you described. Also, you totally just conflicted yourself from that single statement.
Opinion: "Oh, your views are different from mine. That's fine, let's agree to disagree."

Hatred: "Your life is worthless now because I disagree with you on one thing you did and have no regards to the rest of your well-being because I am a hateful pod. It doesn't matter if you love it, or were born with it; if I don't like it, you can go to hell."
Would you like me to keep going? You're standing up for your opinion, and I respect that, but it's not worth calling others "idiots" or saying that people are going down to "hell". I know from experience.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
haha, seriously? Okay, I don't think you know what you're talking about. Before you think I'm hating on Zero as well, I've not said the sort because I have an opinion on it. Just like you do. Your opinion is that Zero has not harmed, while Zipzo's opinion is opposite. You still think it's hatred? Let's see the exact definition of "opinion" shall we?
"A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."
And as for hatred
"Intense dislike or ill will."
You see, there's no evidence to support that Zero has harmed nor has strengthened smash as a whole. There's just a lot of opinions. Before you get mixed up and such, hatred is more or less "hate", an emotion. An opinion and emotion do not equal each other and should not be used in the way you described. Also, you totally just conflicted yourself from that single statement.

Would you like me to keep going? You're standing up for your opinion, and I respect that, but it's not worth calling others "idiots" or saying that people are going down to "hell". I know from experience.
You shouldn't make a move, when you haven't understood a single point of my post. A huge example would be you implying I told someone to go to hell, when the context of that particular subject was based on people that hate; what does people that hate have to do with me calling someone an idiot for the way they judged a player - based not on their performance - but on their performance's inability to line up with what they expected as a performance? You can't take things out of context and shove them up my (politically correcting myself) reject dispenser.

Then you go on about how hatred is an emotion, when it's not an emotion. It's fear. It's weakness towards difference and incomprehension. When people are confused, they become non-people. Why? Because you can't be human when you are too busy eating away at yourself.

It's simple. Zero is innocent - everything he is blamed for can be equally transferred to Hungry Box, if you're honest with yourself. And hatred should not be reasoned with, or rationalized in any shape or form. Hatred is the epitome of inhumanity.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn't make a move, when you haven't understood a single point of my post. A huge example would be you implying I told someone to go to hell, when the context of that particular subject was based on people that hate; what does people that hate have to do with me calling someone an idiot for the way they judged a player - based not on their performance - but on their performance's inability to line up with what they expected as a performance? You can't take things out of context and shove them up my (politically correcting myself) reject dispenser.

Then you go on about how hatred is an emotion, when it's not an emotion. It's fear. It's weakness towards difference and incomprehension. When people are confused, they become non-people. Why? Because you can't be human when you are too busy eating away at yourself.

It's simple. Zero is innocent - everything he is blamed for can be equally transferred to Hungry Box, if you're honest with yourself. And hatred should not be reasoned with, or rationalized in any shape or form. Hatred is the epitome of inhumanity.
Whatever man, whatever.

Morbi

Scavenger
What are you talking about? There's a reason why Hungry Box and Zero made it to the grand finals - they were wanting to win, and they fought for that win equally as much. Everything you want to put down Zero for, can be equally distributed to Hungry Box; but you won't do that, because that's not how hatred works. You pick a target that is opposite of your favorite player, or your "rules of how to play a smash game during X circumstance", then you feed off of that because you do not know how to transfer your negative energy in a reasonable and less consequential manner. Learn how to treat human beings and stop being a hypocrite. You're ignoring that Hungry Box was doing the same thing in his own way with Kirby, from taunting on the right side of smash field, always going for the smash ball with the same determination as Zero, to trying to Chewy his way to victory by sucking ZSS off of the edge twice during the grand finals - don't tell me that Hungry Box is all innocent, when you're completely wrong. Again, Zero showed what he could do by mastering levels he had never played before. Having all of that movement speed does not guarantee that you will have been able to move that fast and precise - that was all Zero. Get over it. Zero is a great player who adapted beyond every player who played that night. Hungry Box, PP, PPU, they were all great players, but they failed to master the levels, like Zero did. They just learned their character and other characters quickly, and that's why Zero won, he adapted to something else entirely that others didn't.

Everything you hate about Zero is null in Sudden Death, where anybody has a chance to win. Zero beat Hungry Box fair and square. Just take a look at the tier list; Kirby is above ZSS, so refrain from spewing misinformation to fuel your hatred. Take your hatred, put it in a box, and set it ablaze with its same flames.
I apologize, I was just reading through this thread; laughing at both perspectives. However, I could not help but notice that you asserted that Kirby is above Zero-Suit Samus on the tier list written by ZeRo. That was hilarious to me, what is your point? He was losing to Kirby so he put Kirby above his own character in the tier list. That is not objective reasoning and he is not "spewing misinformation to fuel his hatred."

As a side note; ZeRo plays to win, I can respect that. It does not; however, mean that I need to enjoy it. It is an annoying play-style and it is one that incites other people to hate him. There is a reason that people are complaining about his play-style, it is not as though it is unjustified either.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I apologize, I was just reading through this thread; laughing at both perspectives. However, I could not help but notice that you asserted that Kirby is above Zero-Suit Samus on the tier list written by ZeRo. That was hilarious to me, what is your point? He was losing to Kirby so he put Kirby above his own character in the tier list. That is not objective reasoning and he is not "spewing misinformation to fuel his hatred."

As a side note; ZeRo plays to win, I can respect that. It does not; however, mean that I need to enjoy it. It is an annoying play-style and it is one that incites other people to hate him. There is a reason that people are complaining about his play-style, it is not as though it is unjustified either.
This, my friend, is a real opinion. Thank you for being an example of that. We do not know why Zero put Kirby at top; but judging from watching him get combo'd at times by kirby - and kirby making it to grand finals - I'd refrain from accusing Zero of placing kirby there to falsely heighten his own victory, when kirby the character made it to the grand finals.

And "spewing misinformation to fuel his hatred" was appointed to anyone accusing Zero as "cheating", "ruining this game and making it a game of stalling", or some other malformed way of thinking based entirely on hatred. How does anyone read that as a response to Zero, when you clearly can see me defending Zero even if you didn't read that part of the response? Context, people.

As for the play-style. M2K does it best. You're not on their level, nor do you ever experience that pressure. You have no say on how the game should be played. Let alone treat people negatively for it, when it's just your view point; there's no need for you to wrap Zero in a box you leave on a shelf for all eternity because you see things differently - especially when what you "see", is inaccurate to how the rules work. So in the end, it's just you being a consequence to this community. And before you say, "I'm not doing that to Zero, I just think..." - think about how you're applying what you think and what effect it has on Zero's image.

Last edited:

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Guys tone it down. You can get your points across without resorting to personal attacks.
Do you realize the contradictory in this? We're discussing the hate towards Zero. People who have a high negative disposition towards Zero will have to incite their "personal attacks toward Zero" because that's what they want to think and feel - but somehow, I can't call them an idiot directly, yet they can make Zero look like the scum on this planet and accuse him of ruining this game for a tactic that others did much worse, and it's okay because it's indirect?

Please get your priorities straight. There's a difference between expressing how you feel about someone and out-right calling them names with no productivity in between.

This is the case of people having no trouble seeing aggressive (I am being aggressive), while others are being passive-aggressive, and far worse-minded than me, the aggressor. So that's why the passive-aggressive bully gets off free, and the victim is to blame because the victim was the aggressor. Not very many can see the passive-aggressive illusion.

Here's a hint; politicians use it, the president uses it, business top dogs use it. Wearing a suit, smiling and using political correct slang to water down your negative remarks doesn't make them any less hateful. And being aggressive, and passionate doesn't make my calm and collective "idiot" remark any less justified. It makes me human. Anyone that pretends to be human, but isn't, is a real threat.

We are not only made of positive atoms - we are made out of negative atoms. Respect that, Real.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Do you realize the contradictory in this? We're discussing the hate towards Zero. People who have a high negative disposition towards Zero will have to incite their "personal attacks toward Zero" because that's what they want to think and feel - but somehow, I can't call them an idiot directly, yet they can make Zero look like the scum on this planet and accuse him of ruining this game for a tactic that others did much worse, and it's okay because it's indirect?

Please get your priorities straight. There's a difference between expressing how you feel about someone and out-right calling them names with no productivity in between.

This is the case of people having no trouble seeing aggressive (I am being aggressive), while others are being passive-aggressive, and far worse-minded than me, the aggressor. So that's why the bully gets off free, and the victim is to blame because the victim was the aggressor. Not very many can see the passive-aggressive illusion.

Here's a hint; politicians use it.
My warning goes out to everyone and not just you in particular so I'm not sure why you're trying to play the victim. Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated no matter who is involved, who started it, or why.

If you have a problem with this feel free to contact forum support.

Regardless I've already given out a warning so please keep the discussion civil or else infractions will be handed out accordingly.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
My warning goes out to everyone and not just you in particular so I'm not sure why you're trying to play the victim. Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated no matter who is involved, who started it, or why.

If you have a problem with this feel free to contact forum support.

Regardless I've already given out a warning so please keep the discussion civil or else infractions will be handed out accordingly.
You can't punish passive-aggression, Real. Don't you understand this point at all? People will continue to imply, allude, and sneak insults and negative things about Zero under the radar, and you can not punish them for it.

Double standards; punish direct, punish aggression - don't punish indirect, don't punish passive-aggression.

I have nothing else to say. I have said it all.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
I never would have thought that ending would incite this much controversy; I swear some members of the community are saltier over Zero's win than Hungrybox was.

On a sidenote, did any of you catch M2K on the Sky_MP3 stream last night? Hilarious stuff

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
I never would have thought that ending would incite this much controversy; I swear some members of the community are saltier over Zero's win than Hungrybox was.
When I was young, I never thought I would be living in a world where people are actually hating other people simply because of their skin tone. Sometimes I wonder if Martin Luther King would have done something else great; or, somehow, all of that hate transformed him into the hero he was.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You can't punish passive-aggression, Real. Don't you understand this point at all? People will continue to imply, allude, and sneak insults and negative things about Zero under the radar, and you can not punish them for it.

Double standards; punish direct, punish aggression - don't punish indirect, don't punish passive-aggression.

I have nothing else to say. I have said it all.
People are entitled to their opinions. I can't change anyone's perception of a person or player.

I can however prevent posters from resorting to personal attacks or engaging in heated arguments which is a direct violation of the global rules. If you or anyone else sees someone breaking this rule then simply hit the "report" button and a moderator will deal with the issue. If you'd like to continue this discussion PM me or contact forum support.

I'm going to repeat one more time that everyone in here needs to remain civil or else infractions will be handed out.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
People are entitled to their opinions. I can't change anyone's perception of a person or player.

I can however prevent posters from resorting to personal attacks or engaging in heated arguments which is a direct violation of the global rules. If you or anyone else sees someone breaking this rule then simply hit the "report" button and a moderator will deal with the issue. If you'd like to continue this discussion PM me or contact forum support.

I'm going to repeat one more time that everyone in here needs to remain civil or else infractions will be handed out.
Again, you're punishing me for simply calling someone an idiot, which was justified based on their hateful behavior and their line of thinking. It's in the dictionary. There's a difference between throwing stones, and just using slightly negative words. I didn't call them anything racist, or hateful. That is what "flaming" is. What I did, was simply call someone an idiot.

Admit it, Real. You are wrong. You're punishing me for calling someone an idiot, and not those that are going to poison this community with their passive-aggressive hatred. I'm not the enemy. It's a 5 letter word. It's not hateful; it's insightful. The hatred of these people is the result of them being full of themselves. How do you deal with fools? You call them idiots and help them recognize themselves as one.

How are you going to agree with this? Your rules are the same rules Hitler, Stalin, and President Obama is using right now. Your rules are based off of a tactic called "tyranny with manners". This prevents anyone with a voice to speak up, and all of the bad people to cheat their way to the top with smiles, ties and lies. Please set your priorities straight and learn the difference between good/bad aggression and good/bad passive-aggression.

Thank you.

P.S I'm not caring about you punishing me (I am always suppressed, oppressed and silenced by people no matter where I go), that was an example of my points I am giving. I care more about how these rules don't lock down on the tricks of the trade, so to speak. I care about this community; and as a gamer, I am seeing a recurring pattern. I'm not going to watch it happen again.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How does the old saying go? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Freud put it a different way, "Just as no one can be forced into disbelief, no one can be forced into belief." People have to make that decision for themselves. Calling someone an idiot is not going to "wake them up"; their behavior will only change if they actually believe what they did is wrong and if they actually want to change. You can't make that decision for them. They can only make it for themselves.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ HappyHouseSpider HappyHouseSpider
It is quite poor form to argue openly with a mod, and certainly will not help your case. If there are any further disagreements, take them to PMs.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
It is quite poor form to argue openly with a mod, and certainly will not help your case. If there are any further disagreements, take them to PMs.
I'm keeping it on topic, hence this is not about "me" - this is about this gaming community and the hatred towards Zero.

We're discussing this, here. This applies to everyone in this community.

How does the old saying go? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. Freud put it a different way, "Just as no one can be forced into disbelief, no one can be forced into belief." People have to make that decision for themselves. Calling someone an idiot is not going to "wake them up"; their behavior will only change if they actually believe what they did is wrong and if they actually want to change. You can't make that decision for them. They can only make it for themselves.
That's why the greatest minds of our world spent their time writing wise words about the ignorant and the stupid, right? Einstein, Tesla, Wilde, etc. You can't ignore ignorance - it's redundant. (double entendre).

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Whoo! Mods everywhere!

So did Prog ever mention what was to happen to Project M with Nintendo, or did Zero give some sort of other announcement, because I see no news....

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm keeping it on topic, hence this is not about "me" - this is about this gaming community and the hatred towards Zero.

That hatred you are showing is towards another SmashBoards member.
And as a matter of fact no one likes to lose.
He used a strategy he knew would work and he won with it there is no way you can judge him because of that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

No, this is not topical to E3 speculation any more, and I'm infracting you for not taking off-topic arguments to a private platform as you were just requested.

Now please let this thread return to its purpose.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's why the greatest minds of our world spent their time writing wise words about the ignorant and the stupid, right? Einstein, Tesla, Wilde, etc. You can't ignore ignorance - it's redundant. (double entendre).
"I didn't call him an idiot malevolently, I did it to improve the world." As N3ON said, this whole social justice spiel is a bit over-the-top and wonderfully off topic so it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"I didn't call him an idiot malevolently, I did it to improve the world." As N3ON said, this whole social justice spiel is a bit over-the-top and wonderfully off topic so it's best to just let sleeping dogs lie.
Agreed hate towards a single person, a fellow SmashBoards member at that, shouldn't be displayed publicly like that in the first place.
Thanks to @ N3ON N3ON this thread can get back on subject.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Whoo! Mods everywhere!

So did Prog ever mention what was to happen to Project M with Nintendo, or did Zero give some sort of other announcement, because I see no news....
AFAIK Zero never gave the announcement, he eventually said he had to delay it by some months and that it would 'change the metagame'. I suppose he really does work off Valve Time after all...

As for Prog, it wasn't anything to worry about. He basically said that Nintendo is intrigued by Project M and knows about it. In some cases they're even unofficially excited about it, but they can't acknowledge it because then they would be forced to take action about it.

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
No, this is not topical to E3 speculation any more, and I'm infracting you for not taking off-topic arguments to a private platform as you were just requested.

This thread has to do with the E3 invitationals, while the other one is about the rules and the beginning. This is about what we thought about it all in general.

Therefore admit that you're abusing your power and you don't understand the depths of hatred like I do.

Hatred started with humanity, therefore everything from the beginning of mankind, to now, is relevant because it has to do with hatred.

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339

This thread has to do with the E3 invitationals, while the other one is about the rules and the beginning. This is about what we thought about it all in general.

Therefore admit that you're abusing your power and you don't understand the depths of hatred like I do.

Hatred started with humanity, therefore everything from the beginning of mankind, to now, is relevant because it has to do with hatred.
Can't we all just get along?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It had clearly moved past that. I will keep infracting you the longer you tarry from the topic of the thread and disobey the orders of the staff.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Yawn snooze, you done, Id like to talk some more about other E3/Invitational related stuff

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
It had clearly moved past that. I will keep infracting you the longer you tarry from the topic of the thread and disobey the orders of the staff.
Keep in mind that I carried on the Zero discussion based on people already discussing it in this thread when I first posted.

Am I to blame? I checked the first post of this thread, and I can see that this thread is, indeed, irrelevant. However, there are posts that made it seem relevant. I did talk to one of the other mods, and they told me to move my topic to a thread relevant to it - the only thread relevant and talking about Zero was the one that were closed, and this thread. Everything else was about the rules, or what was prior to the invitationals.

So that, I do apologize. However others should apologize, because there's no real "zero" thread on this subject. The mod said it was stickied, I checked them - this thread was the more relevant as it stood.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Keep in mind that I carried on the Zero discussion based on people already discussion it in this thread when I first posted.

Am I to blame?
How about you get back to discussion pertaining to the topic of the thread and put this behind you...

HappyHouseSpider

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
How about you get back to discussion pertaining to the topic of the thread and put this behind you...
Then make a sticky thread that pertains to the subject, because it's not our fault that you have no clear thread to deal with the zero subject.

That's it. That's all I'm asking for you to do. No more "..." in this thread.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Then make a sticky thread that pertains to the subject, because it's not our fault that you have no clear thread to deal with the zero subject.

That's it. That's all I'm asking for you to do. No more "..." in this thread.
@ N3ON N3ON and everyone else on this page of this thread have not said anything offensive or otherwise hurtful towards you and you continue to attack them for no reason.
No one deserves the hatred you are exerting at ZeRo and none of us deserve to have to deal with this in a thread where all we wanted to talk about was things that happened at E3 in a civilized manner.
Blaming other people for bringing up ZeRo does not justify your reason to attack everyone on this thread.
Please let's get back to talking about the things at E3 in a civilized manner.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's just move on and try to get this topic back on track and relating to E3 speculation and discussion.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So... Pac-Man's move-set, has anyone figured out how that thing works?
Based on what we saw in the E3 trailer?

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So... Pac-Man's move-set, has anyone figured out how that thing works?
Based on what we saw in the E3 trailer?
It looks like side B is his Power Pellet, since in the small gameplay of him vs Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man, he is not into a helpless state

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we'll see another dedicated smash direct, but there will be a direct in August were we will probably get some info

Top Bottom