• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyways will we see a smash direct in the summer?
There will probably be one in September. In August there will likely be a general Direct that will show off another character, whether a newcomer or veteran, and the one in September will simply show off whoever hasn't been revealed yet for the starting roster.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
There will probably be one in September. In August there will likely be a general Direct that will show off another character, whether a newcomer or veteran, and the one in September will simply show off whoever hasn't been revealed yet for the starting roster.
Nothing in July? ;-;

Hopefully veterans in between

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nothing in July? ;-;

Hopefully veterans in between
Not a Direct anyways. Major directs are every two months except for the game specific ones. E3 counted as a Direct so we probably won't get the next one until the first or second week of August. Also, I think one veteran in July is likely. From Brawl's starting roster, there's only four characters left :popo::lucas::metaknight::wario: so I could see them showing one of them before the August Direct.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm hoping the Star KOs or Screen hits will be default when hit directly up. I don't like seeing the kill splatter when they get KO'd directly up at the stage :\

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not a Direct anyways. Major directs are every two months except for the game specific ones. E3 counted as a Direct so we probably won't get the next one until the first or second week of August. Also, I think one veteran in July is likely. From Brawl's starting roster, there's only four characters left :popo::lucas::metaknight::wario: so I could see them showing one of them before the August Direct.
Hopefully Lucas because the other 3 are pretty obvious to return.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'm still hoping for :rob: and :mewtwopm:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Crossing for my only wanted character at this point :snake:
Mine as well.
Although I hope the Sal Leak isn't totally right and we see Takamaru, Isaac, or Mike Jones.
However unlikely those may be.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'm gonna get so much hate for this... But with :4megaman:, :4pacman:, AND :4sonic:, plus the remaining Nintendo reps that have yet to be confirmed/denied (:jigglypuff::ness2::falcon::warioc::wolf::falco::ganondorf::popo::lucas::ivysaur::squirtle::gw::metaknight:), I don't see much of a chance with :snake:.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna get so much hate for this... But with :4megaman:, :4pacman:, AND :4sonic:, plus the remaining Nintendo reps that have yet to be confirmed/denied (:jigglypuff::ness2::falcon::warioc::wolf::falco::ganondorf::popo::lucas::ivysaur::squirtle::gw::metaknight:), I don't see much of a chance with :snake:.
All I have to say is... if you're still counting those characters, then Snake would make sense.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Same, although I would love to see K. Rool make it too. Snake was just so unexpected for Brawl to begin with, but Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite series since childhood so I was stoked to see him in Smash. Major hype if he comes back!

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
You know, I haven't heard one thing about Streetpass. I'm not sure I missed anything, has anyone heard? How did not one major gaming site with access to the Reps not ask about Streetpass?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe it's because I'm not much of a clone player (although I have recently picked up Wolf for Brawl, and his PM self is amazing too). But I honestly wouldn't miss :lucas::falco::wolf::ganondorf: too much.

:ganondorf: is more likely than not getting a reworked moveset. So I wouldn't worry about him.
:falco::wolf: this is a tough one. I can't see both of them getting the boot. :wolf: is more original to me, but :falco: has always been a tourney favorite. The logical thing to do would be to keep them around because Star Fox U is around the corner. Both have been hidden characters.
If one of them is kept, they'll probably fuse their movesets into something completely original and different from :4fox:.

:lucas::ness2: By how things are looking, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see one of them let go. :ness2:has been around for TOO long to simply be dropped... But then again, most of what :ness2: can do, :lucas:does better. To be perfectly honest, I like :ness2: better, but that's mostly because MOTHER 2 connected a lot more with me than MOTHER 3. Wouldn't mind :ness2: taking over :lucas:'s moveset, and I'm sure that's close to what could happen to him, with the customizeable specials and whatnot.

Speaking of :snake:, the only reason why I'd miss him, is because I never had the opportunity to beat him up as Megaman in Brawl (no ill will intended, I just wanted to play that match-up).

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
You know, I haven't heard one thing about Streetpass. I'm not sure I missed anything, has anyone heard? How did not one major gaming site with access to the Reps not ask about Streetpass?
I'd imagine the same stuff that goes into your Amiibo figurine will also be sent to people you Streetpass with.

Last edited:

Wronskian-Physics

Smash Cadet
I'm going to predict a late Snake or Captain Falcon entry.

It'll be two weeks before release, and they'll release a video with one of them to generate some last minute hype. The content will be something like Snake sneaking in a box, or Captain Falcon running people over to get the last slot in the roster.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
At this point I'm hoping for Mewtwo. MK, Ness, Captain Falcon, Wario, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Falco, G&W <--- basically confirmed. So yea. If some of these characters don't get in, I'm going to have a problem with Nintendo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Phew... This thread got back from the brink.

We may get one more newcomer in August but we'll wait and see.

Splatoon was probably too late to be included in Smash Bros 4 unless they do Future Release Trophies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I feel as if the Smash Bros. Direct had way more info than the E3 reveal.
Now we know that the customization is basically that everyone has 3 variants of each special attack. Which is cool, although not exactly what I had in mind. But cool none the less.

The Amiibo feature sounds really good too. Maybe that's one way how they are planning to include DLC.
But obviously, digital only would be best too.

Still, like I said. The Direct had way more info. Now I'm looking forward to the next direct.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Jiggly: 100%
Ness: 100%
Captain Falcon: 100%
Wario: 95%
Wolf: 50%
Falco: 50%
Ganondorf: 95%
Ice Climbers: 50-80%
Lucas: 50-70%
Ivysaur: 0%
Squirtle: 0%
Game&Watch: Practically announced at this point
Meta Knight: 70-90%

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Jiggly: 100%
Ness: 100%
Captain Falcon: 100%
Wario: 95%
Wolf: 50%
Falco: 50%
Ganondorf: 95%
Ice Climbers: 50-80%
Lucas: 50-70%
Ivysaur: 0%
Squirtle: 0%
Game&Watch: Practically announced at this point
Meta Knight: 70-90%
And I just realized I completely forgot about my favorite character, :rob:

D

Deleted member

When people bring up DLC, they seem to forget both versions are supposed to have the same roster. How is that supposed to work? Would you have to buy the same character twice? I can see DLC stages though, stage rosters for both versions are different.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When people bring up DLC, they seem to forget both versions are supposed to have the same roster. How is that supposed to work? Would you have to buy the same character twice? I can see DLC stages though, stage rosters for both versions are different.
Nah, I think if you purchase a character on one version it becomes available on both.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
How's it supposed to work? Same way DLC works for every game.

Nah, I think if you purchase a character on one version it becomes available on both.
I'd imagine that relevant data might be sent to an Amiibo you own that, when loaded into another version, says 'Hey, this guy bought this DLC. Y'all wanna check, see if they've got it? Put it in there?'.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly, I think the Nintendo account is enough for DLC. Sign in with your Nintendo account, oh you purchased this DLC on the other console? Here you go, here's your download!

Top Bottom