• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow that's worse than I imagined.

What a complete douche move.

You get invited to play a big game by the company no less?

You get to meet the man who even created the game you worship so much in the first place.

And you post something like that? People have no respect for one another anymore.
It is hilarious, if you remove the line "because I do not see much hope for this new game." No one would have anything negative to say. Funny how that works? No. Okay.

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks that they should back up a PM 3.02 loadout 2 or 3 times right now?

Everything seems to lead that Project M may be getting put on halt or C&D'd :C

Samanthas comment
Progs tweet.
Zeros announcement that suddenly cannot be made.

Guys, im scared. hold me ;-;
He said a hype announcement. PM getting taken down isn't exactly hype.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It is hilarious, if you remove the line "because I do not see much hope for this new game." No one would have anything negative to say. Funny how that works? No. Okay.
If you do that, it straight up sounds like Nintendo is going to stop Project M. And that's negative.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even if she were upset about Project M being removed. She has very little reason to be upset. It's not like Project M is exactly the most legal thing in the world or anything. It's not the most illegal thing, but it's not exactly the most legal or good thing either.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Even if she were upset about Project M being removed. She has very little reason to be upset. It's not like Project M is exactly the most legal thing in the world or anything. It's not the most illegal thing, but it's not exactly the most legal or good thing either.
Its kind of like masturbating on an airplane.
Its illegal, but it feels soooooo right. :yeahboi:

Morbi

Scavenger
She would have little reason to be upset that something that she is so passionate about is removed because... arbitrary reason?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She would have little reason to be upset that something that she is so passionate about is removed because... arbitrary reason?
There's not arbitrary about Nintendo ceasing Project M forever. It's a mod/hack of their game that at this point gets more attention than their own game. It also is moving forward with using data from said game to create new characters to continue hype for itself.

Nintendo isn't some big old meanie here if that's what happening. Project M does a lot of things that most companies would completely discourage against.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's not arbitrary about Nintendo ceasing Project M forever. It's a mod/hack of their game that at this point gets more attention than their own game. It also is moving forward with using data from said game to create new characters to continue hype for itself.

Nintendo isn't some big old meanie here if that's what happening. Project M does a lot of things that most companies would completely discourage against.
I did not state that Nintendo would not be justified. I am asserting that she has a right to be upset regardless of the circumstances. If it bothers her, it bothers her. Just like her post bothers you. I could always say, "it was just a subjective opinion." That did not; however, prevent you from expressing your discontent.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All I'm saying is that post makes her look like a spoiled little girl.

''WAAH BIG MEAN OLD NINTENDO IS TAKING DOWN MY HACK. I JUST WANT MY HACK, BUT IT SURE WAS NICE OF THEM TO PAY ME A WAY TO PLAY THEIR NEW GAME. WHICH SUCKS BY THE WAY. WAHHHH."

That's what it reads like. She's basically one of the children that's not Charlie from Charlie & the Choclate Factory. Got a golden ticket and revealed herself to be spoiled rotten.

Morbi

Scavenger
All I'm saying is that post makes her look like a spoiled little girl.

''WAAH BIG MEAN OLD NINTENDO IS TAKING DOWN MY HACK. I JUST WANT MY HACK, BUT IT SURE WAS NICE OF THEM TO PAY ME A WAY TO PLAY THEIR NEW GAME. WHICH SUCKS BY THE WAY. WAHHHH."

That's what it reads like. She's basically one of the children that's not Charlie from Charlie & the Choclate Factory. Got a golden ticket and revealed herself to be spoiled rotten.
I suppose that is how you interpreted her post; however, I perceived it quite differently. I digress, it is not necessarily relevant. I just see very little point in criticizing someone for their opinion on an internet forum. I aint about that life.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't know maybe it's just because my mother always taught me ''Can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all."

That would've been sound advice for her IMO. There are a bunch of people who would've killed to be in her place. Give them a chance instead if all she wants to do is sit at home and play a mod instead.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Well, I have officially lost all respect for PeachyHime. I cannot believe that she got to play the actual game, MEET MR. SAKURAI himself, and still disses the game...Soooo many people would kill to be in her position. Maybe she is a sore loser for all I know. Maybe she is just pissed thaat she couldn't play as Peach? Who cares, in my eyes, She is just a whiny, spoiled, ungrateful brat...
Rant Over :secretkpop:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm done with it though. I've said my piece. So how about that super hype announcement?

Dat Ridley. :)

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
That moment when you realize the users of the boards actually are male and/ or female human beings with lives and are not just faceless square pictures voicing their opinions. :crazy:

Like. We've been living in a state of semi anonymous non bias. And that's pretty interesting..

Woah. Need to stop. Late night thoughts. I mean what?? Good night.

I'm getting ranty about random little things. 4 am. Bed. Final thoughts, Nintendo has no legal rights to shut down Project M, and perhaps they negotiated it's termination in exchange for allowing the team to have some hand in balancing Sm4sh? It's :083: but that's what I would do if I were Nintendo..

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Here's the thing about PeachyHime's remark. Criticism of Smash 4 itself is not bad at all.

I LOVED what I played. But? The lack of SDI is weird on some multi hit moves. The knockback is wonky but it's a beta nonetheless that's still being developed like crazy. It's far from perfect. The way she came across about it though was definitely wrong though. There's no way of getting around the fact that she sounded very ungrateful.

She's her own person and can say what she wants, but if she wanted to reduce the damage and stuff? She coulda very easily have said that the opportunity to play was awesome. Game felt slow at the time though, insert criticism here. Instead she goes on to say she doesn't have much hope for the new Smash game and says she hopes Project M can live on AFTER the new game releases.

THAT, right there, was the big no no. The rage against her for THIS reason is justified. Criticism on a game in development is absolutely okay on the other hand.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Guys please, PM has nothing illegal or it would have been shut down ages ago. The only circumstance it would be illegal is if was being sold. It is still of Nintendo's right to ask for its development activities to be halted, but not for being illegal, but for using their IPs and they having power over them.

It's also illegal if you are playing it with a Brawl iso while not owning a copy of the game, but just for you since you are pirating the game. In that case even your brawl is illegal.

Also you might be overestimating the reach of this community to believe that PM might represent any kind of threat to Smash 4's publicity. It is a popular mod, but only in a very specific demographic and it's all it aims to be, the total public of Smash Bros. is much bigger.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Project M has reached publicity in places like IGN and other gaming websites though. It's big enough that it can detract from Smash 4, in my opinion.

Top Bottom