• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yea that's pretty neat. Did anyone see grovyle in between those pokemon?
The irony of it all is that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo aren't there. (Also, no members of the Treecko Family. Or any Non-Gen6 Starters. :C)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Honestly, these sound too situational to be worth development to me. That said, you just gave me my most hilarious mechanic idea ever: reverse pummeling (you attack the grabber, but you don't get free).

The Japanese thing that shows Digital event lasting 30 minutes is fairly well known for showing staff lasting 30 minutes as a placeholder. So yeah, I'd bet on Twitch sooner.
Well there could be trade off for each

Like the B pummel could be a much slower but very damaging attack, like 10% but it takes the time of 2 to 3 normal pummels
B get up attack could be a slow but long lasting hit box attack making difficult to shield grab.
B get up ledge attack could be similar to get up attack.

I just think adding another option would be cool

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That Pic of the Day tho... "Remember that introduction video that showed Greninja joining the battle? Well, All of the Pokemon shown in that Trailer will make some sort of appearance in Super Smash Bros." Zoroark. Could be Playable. ALL THE YES.
I'm pretty sure they'll all be Pokeballs.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm going to guess no Smash information comes out during the Digital Event, and it'll all be held for the Smash Invitational tomorrow night.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I'm going to guess no Smash information comes out during the Digital Event, and it'll all be held for the Smash Invitational tomorrow night.
I would say it is pretty likely we will get something during the actual direct.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
What is the schedule for smash bros at e3 ? I know we have the invitational, and a 90 minutes Q&A with Sakurai. Will there be a nintendo direct with all the future games ? (in which we could expect a trailer ?).

If I may ask, can someone provide me the hours of the conferences ? (if possible, european hour because you're system is too complex for me ><).

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
Nintendo Direct tomorrow, as well as the Invitational and the Q&A.
Nintendo direct will not be Smash only content, but could feature some.
9am Direct
12am Invitational
3am Q&A (I think)

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** 28 hours! It feels so close, and yet still so far...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can someone please do what they did with this V

But with the GIF Below?

I would appreciate that. (Back on topic, an Animal Crossing 3DS Stage would be nice to show for E3.)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think this guy got lucky too but just to make sure, do you have a non-food item on standby to eat if it is true?
Oh I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong on the matter. I just think people blindly believing something that has so many red flags surrounding it is just silly.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Sorry for asking, but as Microsoft's Conferance starts pretty soon, I wanted to ask, will it be live-streamed on YouTube? And if so, is there a link to it yet, or will it only be put up when it's much closer?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sorry for asking, but as Microsoft's Conferance starts pretty soon, I wanted to ask, will it be live-streamed on YouTube? And if so, is there a link to it yet, or will it only be put up when it's much closer?
In three to three and a half hours.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want E3 to go like this:
Because Grenitwo is best Pokemon.

Hong

The Strongest
Well there could be trade off for each

Like the B pummel could be a much slower but very damaging attack, like 10% but it takes the time of 2 to 3 normal pummels
B get up attack could be a slow but long lasting hit box attack making difficult to shield grab.
B get up ledge attack could be similar to get up attack.

I just think adding another option would be cool
I think they should stick with B as being special, utility based moves.

So like, if Samus were to use B to get up a ledge, she would fire a soft missile. Not as much strength as her normal ledge attack, but more range.

Every character could have some form of utility, like Mario could expend his FLUDD, or Bowser can breathe fire.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok, I wanted to put this somewhere before the big event, and can’t think of a better place to put it, so please bear with me as I list all of my e3 predictions. I’m trying not to be too safe with these, so they may come off as wishful thinking…

-Smash Bros specific:

- Captain Falcon, Ness, and IC’s will finally be shown

- Newcomer reveals: Palutena, Ridley, FE:Awakening character, Isaac, and possibly a Namco rep

- Mewtwo returns

- Jigglypuff is not shown

- Ike looks amazing

- 3DS release date is August; Wii U is Late Nov/Early Dec.

- PewPewU wins the invitational (didn’t want to be boring with this guess)

- Other announcements:

- New information on all known Nintendo-published Wii U and 3DS games is released

- X will be a 2015 game

- Yarn Yoshi is Q3/Q4 2014

- Zelda Wii U will be shown in some fashion. I’m guessing video package. TBD early-mid 2015

- Hyrule Warriors looks better than anybody expects it to

- New Metroid is shown, I’m hoping for Wii U, but betting for 3DS (would fill that 90 min slot)

- S.T.E.A.M. is shown, and is the start of the NFP program. (could also see it being a multiplayer FPS)

- Mario Maker is real and is coming to Wii U Fall 2014.

- New Star Fox game is in development.

- F-Zero is not shown. : /

- Gamecube Virtual console is coming to Wii U

- New consoles/etc are not shown. Possibly upgrades are shown (e.g. 3DS Lite, smaller gamepad, etc)

- Nintendo is working on an FPS… if not STEAM, it’ll be shown in some form.

- New Golden Sun Game announced for 3DS (please please)

- If STEAM isn’t the NFP game, I really don’t know what will be… possibly an AC game or completely new IP. I’m betting Smash will have some form of interaction with the figures.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Almost forgot about Microsoft. I never watch their conference anyway as the only thing I bought on my 360 was Halo.

To be honest I really only watch E3 for Nintendo. Sony I'll watch but it's not that important to me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remember when SSB4 was announced like 2/3 E3's ago? Remember when all we had to see of it was just the fact that it was going to happen? ME NEITHER! *throws a bunch of Mega Men everywhere*

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Could someone please tell me exactly what time the E3 Nintendo direct (or whatever it's called) will be on in Sydney Australia? (AEST)
Cheers.
2AM on Wednesday.
The Invitational will be 9AM.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Remember Wii Fit Trainer was revealed later, so there is still a possibility of another newcomer after the presentation.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Pac Man revealed on the show floor like WFT was last year actually.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know how E3 usually works out, as I've never really followed one, but couldn't they spread the reveals of characters between any of their events rather than have them as one bunch? Would be more exciting that way at least.

Top Bottom