• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the potential characters to show off, I feel like Pac Man is a pretty likely candidate. E3's always a time for big reveals, and the announcement of a third-party character with a history like Pac Man's would definitely qualify as "big", even if him being on the roster is a pretty obvious conclusion to come to.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Are there any OTHER characters besides Pac-Man that could be announced as a third party. Most of you guys are acting like he's the only possible character that could be announced as a third party newcommer just because Namco is involved. Plus it's not really a ''big'' reveal because everyone is expecting him.

Personally. Pac-man. In Smash bros. Is making me vomit. As well as the Mii. I really hope they're going for a better third party newcommer..

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Altough I want Mii in the game, I hope he doesn't get announced so I'll be suprised when I unlock myself when I get the game :3

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Are there any OTHER characters besides Pac-Man that could be announced as a third party. Most of you guys are acting like he's the only possible character that could be announced as a third party newcommer just because Namco is involved. Plus it's not really a ''big'' reveal because everyone is suspecting him.

Personally. Pac-man. In Smash bros. Is making me vomit. As well as the Mii. I really hope they're going for a better third party newcommer..
Snake.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Are there any OTHER characters besides Pac-Man that could be announced as a third party. Most of you guys are acting like he's the only possible character that could be announced as a third party newcommer just because Namco is involved. Plus it's not really a ''big'' reveal because everyone is suspecting him.
Banjo-Kazooie.

I made myself sad.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Pacman Moveset:
B: Chomp
Side B: Chomp
Up B:Chomp (this time pacman chomps UP)
Down B:Chomp
Final Smash: Power Berry
Nah just kidding, I'm sure that if hes in sakurai-san will find a good moveset for him.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Please for all that's sacred show captain falcon in glorious HD. So many knees, so little time. Knees for everyone.

Please no Mii characters

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*

Look at the rest of the tekst.
Did you even read my thing? I said I'm aware of what you put later for third-party newcomers, but that first sentence implies any third party can be suggested, whereas later in the sentence you simply state that 'you hope for more third party newcomers' practically as a side statement. Okay, whatever, this isn't something to argue about :p

Ahmad Mohammad

Smash Rookie
We don't have to panic now. For now, we have to see who will be revealed/returning in E3, if we don't see anyone we hoped for, wait till the game releases, because in the E3 trailer of Super Smash Bros. Melee, they never mentioned about Marth, Roy, Mr. Game and Watch, Ganondorf, and others you will notice, and in the E3 trailer of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, they never showed Ike, Wolf, King Dedede, R.O.B, and others, not sure how many trailers there are for Brawl, but I'm pretty sure about Melee, so when we get the game and we notice that in GameFAQS and websites for guides to unlock unlockable characters, and there isn't the characters we wished for, then... WE PANIC!!!

But I still get your feelings... :urg:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pacman Moveset:
B: Chomp
Side B: Chomp
Up B:Chomp (this time pacman chomps UP)
Down B:Chomp
Final Smash: Power Berry
Nah just kidding, I'm sure that if hes in sakurai-san will find a good moveset for him.

^Game Miyamoto himself Made (Pac-Man VS)///Perfect example for Pac-Man's SSB4 Moveset^ (World 2)
I've said enough.

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
There's no reason for me to skip since its 3 hours after school ends.

And I know Pacman has enough games for him to have a moveset, but I have never played a Pacman game so I wouldn't know that many moves.

Last edited:

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Quick question. If I have to start watching the digital event late, will I be able to start from the beginning? Or will I have to wait for the entire stream to finish and then watch an archived version?

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see there being any other major third-party candidates in the running save for Snake, and he's already a veteran. No one else has quite the same legacy or connections that Pac Man does, save for someone like Ryu or Simon Belmont whose companies already have a third-party spot in a Smash roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's what to do, take your browser, make sure it's not fullscreen and mess with the border, look at how the number of blank spaces change. It goes in increments of 5 in the mobile version.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Quick question. If I have to start watching the digital event late, will I be able to start from the beginning? Or will I have to wait for the entire stream to finish and then watch an archived version?
I think you will have to wait until the entire stream finishes. :/

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want to be excited for the newcomer reveal tomorrow. I'm just so sure that it's going to be Chrom and/or Pacman though.... at least the CGI will be pretty.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think there was already a thread about this. The website adjusts based on resolution, so the amount of boxes displayed is based on your screen.
This. People have been thinking this meant something since the site appeared. It means noting.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
You know, I'm not to partial to the idea myself, but I do kind of think that people are making themselves hate Pac Man.

DarrylTrainer

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Man
Snake (I know, veteran)
Bayonetta
Tails (would be awesome surprise for two Sonic characters)
Klonoa possibly
Are there any OTHER characters besides Pac-Man that could be announced as a third party. Most of you guys are acting like he's the only possible character that could be announced as a third party newcommer just because Namco is involved. Plus it's not really a ''big'' reveal because everyone is expecting him.

-

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not going to put the hours up in the title any more. The doctor said I need to lower my hype intake.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Pac-Man and Snake, going by Sakurai's "requirements"of a third party character, are the only likely ones. They have to be a pretty big deal. Snake and Pac-Man are pretty big deals.

Top Bottom