• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Welp we are almost there guys! Here are my top picks for E3/Invitational news. I tried to be as bias in my choices as possible. ( It didn't work very well lol.)

First Row: Highest chance to be shown. (All in games that are pretty recent. If Mewtwo returns it will represent Pokemon Y)
Second Row: Strong chance to be shown. (All in games that are well known. In Sceptile's case OR/AS is coming up soon!)
Third Row: Highest chance to return. (All well known characters from past smash games.)
Fourth Row: Strong chance to return. (All well known characters also, but I would rank them slightly less compared to the third row.)

Last edited:

Ahmad Mohammad

Smash Rookie
I don't think I'll have a chance to watch all of these cool stuff... :(
But will there still be a full video of Nintendo's show in E3 on Youtube or any other websites?
Maybe the Super Smash website!

Morbi

Scavenger
But will there still be a full video of Nintendo's show in E3 on Youtube or any other websites?
Of course, the video will be archived. You could find it on Youtube, I am sure the main site will also have the video embedded.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh yeah, I'm sure it'll all be viewable on the Nintendo E3 site, as well as probably in the backlog of their Twitch page, and even the Nintendo Direct site, if you happen to miss any of it. In fact, Sakurai has a link to the Invitational on the Smash site, and I think that'll keep the entire thing there even after it's over.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've got a pretty interesting piece of speculation for this E3. Co-aligning with the bombshell of the GC Adapter for Wii U and the highly likely (IMO) chance of GameCube Virtual Console games being announced, they'll promote Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes as one of those Virtual Console titles.

And that, folks is where Snake continues on to fight again in the 4th Smash Bros. game.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I actually thought about how cool greninja would have been if it was on the new smash when i got pokemon x back in october (not trying to say that it was predictable, but i can see how people would have been speculating about him, could be wrong though)
Yeah, actually, there were a lot of people who speculated an XY version of Pokemon Trainer with the Gen 6 starters. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of people who wanted that expected Greninja as the "fully evolved" one. There was also someone who, on Reddit (before the direct) guessed Greninja out of the blue.

So yeah. Greninja isn't actually as "random" as people seem to think. Especially considering, if I am not mistaken, it's the most popular final evolution from XY's starters, and Ash has a Froakie in the anime.

It's not exactly "predictable", but it wasn't impossible to draw that conclusion. I think the biggest thing was a lot of people thinking it was a Mewtwo reveal because of the hands, cave and versus Charizard (like Origins).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, actually, there were a lot of people who speculated an XY version of Pokemon Trainer with the Gen 6 starters. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of people who wanted that expected Greninja as the "fully evolved" one. There was also someone who, on Reddit (before the direct) guessed Greninja out of the blue.

So yeah. Greninja isn't actually as "random" as people seem to think. Especially considering, if I am not mistaken, it's the most popular final evolution from XY's starters, and Ash has a Froakie in the anime.

It's not exactly "predictable", but it wasn't impossible to draw that conclusion. I think the biggest thing was a lot of people thinking it was a Mewtwo reveal because of the hands, cave and versus Charizard (like Origins).
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68488050

*Feels addionally smug for knowing the Kalos trainer wasn't going to happen.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just remember, unless they're showing off the whole cast, any character that doesn't appear still has a chance to come later, barring third parties.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
What time is all the information coming tomorrow? I really hope that Smash Direct isn't at night because I'd have to miss everything due to work. :/

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What time is all the information coming tomorrow? I really hope that Smash Direct isn't at night because I'd have to miss everything due to work. :/
The Digital Event starts in exactly 1 Day, 6 Hours and 30 Minutes from now. ^^

And, Smash Direct? There's no Smash Direct. There's a Q&A about Smash, if that's what you mean. ^^ It won't even be broadcasted Live. Not sure when it starts.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I believe twitch more than that other website because what is twitch going to show off for the half an hour where nothign happens? A detailed analysis of Mario's mustache hairs?

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Any chance of seeing the invitational players streaming ssb4 practice? I was hoping for that today, but I think Nintendo will have a rule against it or shut it down if they try to show gameplay early.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
Wait so is the nintendo stream tommorow or the day after tommorow? If the latter, I'm dissapointed. I thought it would be tommorow D:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I believe twitch more than that other website because what is twitch going to show off for the half an hour where nothign happens? A detailed analysis of Mario's mustache hairs?
You believe Twitch more than Nico Nico, a Japanese site? I dunno, Nico Nico has a lot more credibility.

Either way, hoping someone messed up the counter in the Nico Nico site, 30 minutes isn't enough for a E3 Nintendo Direct.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I can't believe we are one day away.. I have a feeling bombs will be dropped tomorrow.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You believe Twitch more than Nico Nico, a Japanese site? I dunno, Nico Nico has a lot more credibility.

Either way, hoping someone messed up the counter in the Nico Nico site, 30 minutes isn't enough for a E3 Nintendo Direct.
I don't TRUST twitch more, I just think they have the good show-biz sense to not broadcast half an hour of dead air. Besides, if i Remember correctly there's a Nintendo minute recap at 10 which was said to be directly after the event.

Last edited:

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, these sound too situational to be worth development to me. That said, you just gave me my most hilarious mechanic idea ever: reverse pummeling (you attack the grabber, but you don't get free).

The Japanese thing that shows Digital event lasting 30 minutes is fairly well known for showing staff lasting 30 minutes as a placeholder. So yeah, I'd bet on Twitch sooner.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't TRUST twitch more, I just think they have the good show-biz sense to not broadcast half an hour of dead air. Besides, if i Remember correctly there's a Nintendo minute recap at 10 which was said to be directly after the event.
I see. I only said that because Nico Nico usually stream video game-related stuff (like ATLUS' "Direct" where they announced Persona 5 in November 2013), so it is less likely that they would mess up this somehow. Hopefully they did, though, because 30 minutes isn't enough for a Direct.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I'm trusting twitch (you dont hear that often) because of the reasons stated here. 30 minutes is not enough. If they're gonna show 3 games then yea 30 mins is enough and Nico Nico is right.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im going to trust twitch and ign on this one simply beacue they need to knw howlong these go on for nico nico is basicly the japanese youtube

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Could someone please tell me exactly what time the E3 Nintendo direct (or whatever it's called) will be on in Sydney Australia? (AEST)
Cheers.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Could someone please tell me exactly what time the E3 Nintendo direct (or whatever it's called) will be on in Sydney Australia? (AEST)
Cheers.
2am the next day. The countdown is the same no matter where you are in the world so just figure out the endpoint from there.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That Pic of the Day tho... "Remember that introduction video that showed Greninja joining the battle? Well, All of the Pokemon shown in that Trailer will make some sort of appearance in Super Smash Bros." Zoroark. Could be Playable. ALL THE YES.

Top Bottom