• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Neon Borealis

Smash Rookie
36 hours and 40 minutes left guys. I can barely contain my hype I think I might (explodes).

I'll still be watching the Microsoft and Sony conferences of course. I'd like to know what the have in store. But of course, Nintendo is my main focus... especially smash.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
My character predictions:

Snake
Mii
Pac-Man
Meta Knight
Bandana Dee
Mewtwo

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Mii
Pac-Man/Snake

Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Ness/Lucas

I have a feeling. Oh it's just my gut that's not good!

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
So close. :colorful:

I'd love an all-villain reveal, but I know it will never happen.

Expecting: Mii, Shulk
Hoping for: Tingle, Mewtwo, Ridley
It's Sakurai: Palutena, Toad, Dr. Kawashima

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I dont even care, as long as its good ****. I dont want them to announce that BF platforms have grabbable ledges, or auto-...anything.

As for characters, what I want will not get in so thats out the window, im sure they'll surprise us with some random ass characters that we havent even considered... like he did with WFT and Greninja.

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
I dont even care, as long as its good ****. I dont want them to announce that BF platforms have grabbable ledges, or auto-...anything.

As for characters, what I want will not get in so thats out the window, im sure they'll surprise us with some random *** characters that we havent even considered... like he did with WFT and Greninja.
I actually thought about how cool greninja would have been if it was on the new smash when i got pokemon x back in october (not trying to say that it was predictable, but i can see how people would have been speculating about him, could be wrong though)

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
Oh? Are we throwing our wishes on possible newcomers here?
Eh, might as well.
Honestly, I am fine the way it is and any other possible characters are just more icing on the cake so I really don't care who it is.
Just some people I'd be cool with seeing would probably be:
1. Palutena
2. Ridley (Y'know, if that implication of him being a stage hazard wasn't enough, though I know and respect the argument against it).
And I guess Mewtwo (not a newcomer but whatever). I mean sure. Again, I really don't mind who is put in at this point. The game seems just fantastic as it is, I really don't need to hope for much.

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
My own predictions:
Snake returns
Pac-Man or other 3rd party characters like Bayonetta make their appearence, since its the last big event before the release
A new prof Layton game coming with the revelation that Layton is in smash
Palutena comes in
Ridley revealed for the game along with a new metroid game for the 3DS
Shulk as a new comer with the trailer of X
Ganondorf's new moveset, Ice climber's remodeled to beat the 3ds complications, Wario has a couple of new moves

EDIT: @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 according to the Gamexplain twitter account "Both of Nintendo's E3 discussions are set to be an hour and a half. Smash is 7:00 8:30 p.m. PT and the new 3DS game is 6:00 – 7:30 p.m"

EDIT2: also forgot, the smash one is on tuesday, the new 3ds game is on wednesday

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
My own predictions:
Snake returns
Pac-Man or other 3rd party characters like Bayonetta make their appearence, since its the last big event before the release
Palutena comes in
Ganondorf's new moveset, Ice climber's remodeled to beat the 3ds complications, Wario has a couple of new moves

EDIT: @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 according to the Gamexplain twitter account "Both of Nintendo's E3 discussions are set to be an hour and a half. Smash is 7:00 8:30 p.m. PT and the new 3DS game is 6:00 – 7:30 p.m"
Stop it, you're making the part of my brain that lets happiness exist overheat.

AND IT FEELS GOOD.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Hmmm... what if they announcer more than one newcomer?

So, anything related to SSB4 will happen from Tuesday to Thursday, right?

If so, well maybe, for each day they announce a confirmed fighter from all 4 games each.

4 games(the original, Melee, Brawl, & the new one) = 3 veterans + 1 newcomer = 4 fighters + 3 days = 12 confirmed fighters!

What do you think?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmmm... what if they announcer more than one newcomer?

So, anything related to SSB4 will happen from Tuesday to Thursday, right?

If so, well maybe, for each day they announce a confirmed fighter from all 4 games each.

4 games(the original, Melee, Brawl, & the new one) = 3 veterans + 1 newcomer = 4 fighters + 3 days = 12 confirmed fighters!

What do you think?
It is always a possibility; however, we are more likely than not going to get a trailer on Tuesday that illuminates multiple newcomers as that tends to always happen. So I am not entirely certain that anything from Wednesday or Thursday will be revealed. Everything Smash related is on Tuesday.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Do you guys think that three newcomers is a reasonable expectation this year?

It's what we got last year so I think it might be, but it seems like there is so much to cover that I could see newcomers getting the shaft in order to discuss other stuff in the game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My own predictions:
Snake returns
Palutena comes in

EDIT2: also forgot, the smash one is on tuesday, the new 3ds game is on wednesday
huh... it means 20:00 to 23:30 for me and since I'll have school tomorow but will be sleepy... I may be able but I'll be so sleepy at this time. I wonder though we'll see. btw, is this will be streamed on twitch's channel or Nintendo's twitch channel?

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
huh... it means 20:00 to 23:30 for me and since I'll have school tomorow but will be sleepy... I may be able but I'll be so sleepy at this time. I wonder though we'll see. btw, is this will be streamed on twitch's channel or Nintendo's twitch channel?
Twitch schedule doesn't mention them, nor does e3 nintendo's site. They might be closed door press conferences, where only the script of the Q&A is later uploaded to news sites

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

I can't believe E3 is almost here! I have tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday off! I have tried to get Tuesday off for the Smash events, but it doesn't appear in the cards. Oh well. I'll just watch when I get home and bask in awesomeness!

Anyway, here are my unrealistic E3 predictions (at least a few of them should show up):

And I'm also going to predict the opening of the Digital Event... a short video titled "125 Years..." in celebration of Nintendo's anniversary. It opens on a white screen with the Nintendo logo and the words "Founded in 1889" as images of Hanafuda cards appear. Then we're treated to a montage of 125 great Nintendo games throughout its history (of course, all three Smash games will be in there). After the 125th game (Mario Kart 8), it'll show scenes from Smash for 3DS and Wii U with the words "And Beyond..." before cutting to black. Then words appear...

Nintendo

Celebrating 125 years of fun... And counting.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. What's this I'm hearing about the Digital Event being only 30 minutes? Cuz' Before, I had been told it was an hour(sorta).

:(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

From the twitch chart.
It will last an hour
Hmm. Something called NicoNico apparantly say it will be half an hour. I have no idea what NicoNico is, but they talk and argue about it on NeoGaf. :/

But I guess I can trust this thing more. Thank you.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hmm. Something called NicoNico apparantly say it will be half an hour. I have no idea what NicoNico is, but they talk and argue about it on NeoGaf. :/

Isn't NicoNico a Japnese video sharing site like YouTube?

Artorias

Smash Journeyman

Also don't forget you have the invitational tournament, the project treehouse thingie that will last a lot, and the q&a sessions

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I'd put more hope in announcements at the invitational than the direct. It's not like there won't be any, but I think it'd be alot more awesome if they do various reveals before and after the invitational. Saving a badass newcomer for the end of the invitational sounds like sweet ****.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Artorias Artorias
Oh, I know, they do have a lot of stuff going on. ^^ I was just afraid the Event would be only half of what I expected. Sorry about that.

@ PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7
I have no idea, never Heard of it til not. XD

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
NicoNico also estimated the Smash Direct to be ~30 minutes
It's not a reliable source for time estimates.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Pac-Man and Miis are going to be announced I'm very sure, and then Shulk has a very high chance too as his game "X" will most likely see a new trailer during the digital event, plus June 10th is actually his anniversary!
Just the order is strange... they'll probably show 2 initially and save one for right after the invitational. They could either take the funny approach like last year with Wii Fit Trainer and show the Miis off then, or maybe they'd show Shulk to appeal to competitive players? Maybe Pac-Man for Maximum hype? I think... Mii announcement followed by Pac-Man, and then a Shulk trailer after grand finals... To be somewhat close to last year, yknow? I think it makes the most sense.
As for veterans, we have to see Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, and maybe Lucas.

Top Bottom