• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
I have a small theory: I believe we will get 1 returning vet each week up to E3 on Fridays. Ike was last week, Wario might be this week*, and next week is ???. It would be a quick and efficient way to reveal 3 beloved vets.
*I believe Wario will be unveiled on the 30th (this week) due to my theory and MK8 releasing on that date, a game that has Mr. Yellow Mario in it.

However, it's Sakurai, so I could be completely and utterly wrong.
Ness and Lucas could be revealed in 2 weeks

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
...Good thing rich people don't have the skill or patience to make leak images, otherwise we'd have 50 we could never debunk!

WFT was revealed hours after the initial reveal, I dont think it's impossible that we could see reveals stretched to another day.

Not even gonna try double quoting on my phone, one is hard enough.
Hmmm..You don't like "rich" people it seems. It all depends on the person for their skill. Their character, patience, skill, and background are all part of who WE are, not just the "rich" and the "poor".

$500 font actually seems logical. They had to pay a manager to
1. Organize a meeting
2. Lead the meeting
3. Lead the production process.

I'll bet there were quite a few workers who had to collaborate on the font. It probably took a while to come up with one concrete design.... Then they had to prefect it... All and all, $500 hows that the process was rather smooth with little bumps.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hmm..You don't like "rich" people it seems. It all depends on the person for their skill. Their character, patience, skill, and background are all part of who WE are, not just the "rich" and the "poor".

$500 font actually seems logical. They had to pay a manager to
1. Organize a meeting
2. Lead the meeting
3. Lead the production process.

I'll bet there were quite a few workers who had to collaborate on the font. It probably took a while to come up with one concrete design.... Then they had to prefect it... All and all, $500 hows that the process was rather smooth with little bumps.
Nah, was just stereotyping in a joking manor, like 99% of what I say :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think Snake's absence would break it but his inclusion would win it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't think Snake's absence would break it but his inclusion would win it.
It's strange. First I was really hoping Snake won't return. Then I expected he wouldn't return. Now I sorta WANT him to return.

Dammit, Snake! You will totally show up randomly under a box in a Smash Trailer and pinch Captain Falcon in the nipples.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
It's strange. First I was really hoping Snake won't return. Then I expected he wouldn't return. Now I sorta WANT him to return.

Dammit, Snake! You will totally show up randomly under a box in a Smash Trailer and pinch Captain Falcon in the nipples.
Why someone wouldn't like to have Snake? D:
Imo he has one of the most unique playstyles and that's why I don't want to miss him.
But I can see why some find him not suitable for Smash.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Why someone wouldn't like to have Snake? D:
Eh, for Three reasons mainly. First, that I don't Think he was ever a character that 'deserves' to be playable in Smash. Second, I didn't care that much for his playstyle. And third, cuz' I've been so sure he won't be back, that I simply have a hard time getting excited for him as I don't Think I will be able to play him again.

But E3 will be the Place to see if he's back or not. We will see. I sure won't mind if he's back~

lilt

Smash Journeyman

I hope that y'all are enjoying the countdown so far! Nostalgia power! YUMMY!
Awesome work. Definitely raises my hype. Btw: I'd love to see one with SSB64's Intro.
I'm excited for your Gif's in the last week before E3 hits. Especially with 72 hours 3 days remaining.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Awesome work. Definitely raises my hype. Btw: I'd love to see one with SSB64's Intro.
I'm excited for your Gif's in the last week before E3 hits. Especially with 72 hours 3 days remaining.
You will be in for a surprise for 1 Week, 4 Days and 3 Days. All I can says, don't get your expectation high for Day 1 and Day 2. They are not that amazing as 1, 2 and 3 weeks GIF that I made.

Seeing that again makes me really wish Brawl had stuck with the awesome gritty look it did when it was announced
I wish that they would have more trailers for newcomers but at least we are getting some for Smash 4! :)

Ah, memories. This Gif is so awesome, I can practically feel Wario's gases in my face~~
Haha!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

I love how accurate the part where everyone goes after Meta Knight and gets wrecked is. It basically told us the meta game as soon as it was announced.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Brawl's trailer is still among the best Nintendo trailers ever. It's rare that trailers that aren't simply the opening movie of the game stick to my head as well as this one does.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Being unlockable in previous games isn't an indication of being unlockable in the newest game. Ness and Captain Falcon went from unlockables to starters.

Also, Marth was the sixth revealed character after the initial E3 reveals, which is very early, and it was without promotion unlike Luigi, Toon Link and Sonic. His reveal wasn't tied to anything.
And then they went back to being unlockable....

Reiraamiz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0705-3457-8143
Tuesday June 10th

Nintendo Digital Event - 9 a.m. PT (6 p.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

Smash Bros. Invitational - 4 p.m. PT (1 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A) - 7 p.m. PT (4 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

Wednesday June 11th

New 3DS game Developer Discussion - 6 p.m PT (3 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

--

Pacific times (GMT-7) are always given for E3 events, so just add 9 hours to get the time in Sweden (GMT+2)!
Not sure if we have been given more information regarding Smash, but this is all I can remember right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm out of luck with the SmashFest event, so I'll just have to watch some Wii U video footage, and wait until Smash 3DS comes out.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well ladies and germs, we're winding down at our last 2 weeks...

If you could have one thing happen at E3, what would it be?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

For one thing, offer eShop downloads of the demo for the people who can't attend SmashFest. Obviously, that won't be happening though.

They're gonna be showing Smash at 10PM EST? Damn, I hate working third shifts
I'm usually still up at that time, but no later than midnight 95% of the time.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675

Some decent assists. All of these noteworthy characters that everyone wants (Ridley, Mewtwo, King K Rool, etc...) won't make it in my opinion.I don't want them to make it either, but that's besides the point. They deserve an assist at the least though. They ARE popular afterall.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
@ CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 Ahhh...are you serious?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Floor Floor Were is the ''Dislike'' Button........

View attachment 14893
Wish they had one for some posts I've seen. They've called me "Moron", "Idiot", and my favorite, "Male Supremacist American dog"... I should rephrase my statement though. I would be happy for everyone else if they made it as playable, but I I wouldn't be happy. If they make it, congrats and throw a party. I'll be in my room crying if anyone needs me.

EDIT: Wait... Just realized your on mobile. Good for you picking Android and not Apple... I never got SmashBoards to work on my phone. It won't respond... Maybe it's cause I got Sprint.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
@ CrusherMania1592 CrusherMania1592 Ahhh...are you serious?
Tuesday June 10th

Nintendo Digital Event - 9 a.m. PT (6 p.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

Smash Bros. Invitational - 4 p.m. PT (1 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A) - 7 p.m. PT (4 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

Wednesday June 11th

New 3DS game Developer Discussion - 6 p.m PT (3 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

--

Pacific times (GMT-7) are always given for E3 events, so just add 9 hours to get the time in Sweden (GMT+2)!
Not sure if we have been given more information regarding Smash, but this is all I can remember right now.
Somewhat bummed since I'll be at work when this happens. Hoping I can avoid spoilers whenever possible

Top Bottom