• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I don't know about you guys, but when E3 gets close I run around squeeing.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't like this. I'm hype for e3 but I won't be able to watch it live (I may even wait for the day after)… :cry:

Seriously, I want to live the big crash and the possible ridley anger (let's not deny it no matter what happens with him, we WILL see madness).

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
A melee mode sounds great but has some huge problems.
That's basically asking for an entirely new game and changing to properties and whatnot.
And I am pretty sure Sakurai wants SSB4. to be it's own thing, instead of having a mode dedicating to the second game of the series.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like to point out an interesting pattern I've noticed.

So, first off, I'd like to point out that both Marth and Ike were shown on random dates. Much like how all of the Mario characters were shown off before Rosalina, I believe that this leads to a Fire Emblem newcomer appearing soon.

Next, there's Diddy Kong. He was revealed a few days after Little Mac, and never really received any major changes. But if he had no major changes, why reveal him then considering you just gave a big bomb and revealed the Boxer from the Bronx? This leads me to believe a Donkey Kong newcomer will be at E3.

Now, the strange thing is that they never focused on Marth or Diddy in the Direct. They were just... there. They didn't receive any big changes, no real reason to cover them.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman

So, first off, I'd like to point out that both Marth and Ike were shown on random dates. Much like how all of the Mario characters were shown off before Rosalina, I believe that this leads to a Fire Emblem newcomer appearing soon.

Next, there's Diddy Kong. He was revealed a few days after Little Mac, and never really received any major changes. But if he had no major changes, why reveal him then considering you just gave a big bomb and revealed the Boxer from the Bronx? This leads me to believe a Donkey Kong newcomer will be at E3.

Now, the strange thing is that they never focused on Marth or Diddy in the Direct. They were just... there. They didn't receive any big changes, no real reason to cover them.
I have to agree with this, I feel this is a way to avoid confusion as there are some idiots that think that when a newcomer gets confirmed in a preexisting franchises, one of the other reps for the franchise they are getting replaced. This is why I almost losing hope on characters like Black Shadow, Krystal and Bandanna Dee as their franchise does not follow the pattern.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Actually, last Friday was the anniversary of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, doesn't sound that random for Ike.
But, Ike's game comes after that one. I'd just say it was a coincidence that the dates overlapped, especially since there's no special significance behind Sacred Stones seeing as it wasn't the first game (or anywhere near it).

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Pokemon and Metroid are also following this pattern, it seems.
We have 4 Pokemon characters, and for Metroid all we need is Samus.
Same could be said about Kid Icarus.

But I definitely agree.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Not that it means much, but The Mysterious Murasame Castle, aka, Takamaru's game, is randomly coming out for Euro-eShop this week. I know it was rated forever ago, but the launch near e3 is interesting.

Probably means nothing, but you know. Always fun to speculate.

Staarih

Smash Master
Luckily I don't have work during E3, so I'll probably be able to watch it live. Speaking of which, what is the place where you can watch it live? This is the first E3 that I'm actually wanting to follow as live as possible, so I'm pretty new to all this stuff.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Has anyone else thought that the NFC figures might be shown off with the supposed new Pokemon Fighting game? Just an idea. Along with that game we better get info on SMT x FE and the new Pokemon Gen 3 games. That's all I really want.

Oh, and a FE female and Palutena announced for Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has anyone else thought that the NFC figures might be shown off with the supposed new Pokemon Fighting game? Just an idea. Along with that game we better get info on SMT x FE and the new Pokemon Gen 3 games. That's all I really want.

Oh, and a FE female and Palutena announced for Smash.
Which FE female are you rooting for in particular? Looks like you've got all of em in your sig but which one in particular would get you hype.

Morbi

Scavenger
Luckily I don't have work during E3, so I'll probably be able to watch it live. Speaking of which, what is the place where you can watch it live? This is the first E3 that I'm actually wanting to follow as live as possible, so I'm pretty new to all this stuff.
You don't have to work Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? The chances of that! Usually you can stream from their site. Don't worry about it; once we get closer, one or two days off... the hour before, everyone will be posting links. You will be in the loop trust me. I was new to it last year as well, but everything worked out great. You are not going to be the only one confused and others will be hype and content with helping.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
two weeks

hype is intesifying
Ike helped that a lot.

The E3 site, Nintendo.com should probably have it too and probably even Youtube. I'm sure you'll find it.

Staarih

Smash Master
You don't have to work Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday? The chances of that! Usually you can stream from their site. Don't worry about it; once we get closer, one or two days off... the hour before, everyone will be posting links. You will be in the loop trust me. I was new to it last year as well, but everything worked out great. You are not going to be the only one confused and others will be hype and content with helping.
Yeah, I got super lucky, I have that whole week off work! I've been working my ass off for the last four months or so, so I feel like I'm in need of some free time anyway haha. Might as well use some of it for E3. But anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll try and keep myself in the loop and find the right places to keep myself updated! Only a couple of weeks left, it's seriously just around the corner...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Yeah, I got super lucky, I have that whole week off work! I've been working my *** off for the last four months or so, so I feel like I'm in need of some free time anyway haha. Might as well use some of it for E3. But anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll try and keep myself in the loop and find the right places to keep myself updated! Only a couple of weeks left, it's seriously just around the corner...

Oh if you have G4 channel you can watch it on TV too! I watched some on there last year.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh if you have G4 channel you can watch it on TV too! I watched some on there last year.
Thanks, but I think I'm gonna have to stick with what the Internet has to offer because of where I'm from. E3 isn't really a big thing here in Finland (or even a "thing" at all really), and it isn't covered by virtually anyone or anything locally. That I know of at least.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The rest of this week is going to be mostly "more of the same" for me until Friday. Going to my girlfriend's tonight for Memorial Day food, probably going two more days during the week, playing 3DS. On the days I'm not going there, I'll be online and playing Wii U or Wii Mode. Then Friday is Mario Kart 8.

The following week will be primarily the same, but Mario Kart 8 during all my free time up until Friday, where I may or may not get Tomodachi Life. Depends if I go out.

Do we know if Konami is still doing a pre-E3 event on Friday? Will probably watch that and get upset that I don't care about anything unless they reveal a new Silent Hill, Castlevania (for 3DS/Wii U) or something from their Hudson archives, like Baby Upa or Bomberman.

Weekend will just be this angst leading into Monday with a bunch of 3rd party/Microsoft/Sony stuff that means nothing to me since I can't afford either system and don't really want enough games for either.

June 10 will be:
- Wake up
- Play Mario Kart 8 until Digital Event begins
- Watch the event on the Wii U/TV if possible
- Flail about everything online
- Head to girlfriend's
- Try to watch the Invitational there
- Hope the Q&A also has a stream, and try to watch that there as well

The later half of the day really depends on what Nintendo's doing, if anything is streaming or not, etc. Also, times.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Wonder if GameFreak has any non-pokemon projects in the works.

Seeing a Pulseman sequel or Harmoknight 2 would make me ecstatic.

Especially Pulseman.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Wonder if GameFreak has any non-pokemon projects in the works.

Seeing a Pulseman sequel or Harmoknight 2 would make me ecstatic.

Especially Pulseman.
If an eShop title was to get a continuation it would have to definitely be Dillon's Rolling Western.
Besides, after seeing all the glory that is Dillon's model in SM4SH, I would love to see a full blown game on the Wii U.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Question:
Is all of Nintendo's E3 Stuff gonna be on June 10th (the first day of E3?)

Has it been announced that they will have stuff on the 11th or 12th?

Also has the UK/Europe timing of the

Digital Event/Treehouse/Invitational/Q&A
Been announced or anyone know?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Question:
Is all of Nintendo's E3 Stuff gonna be on June 10th (the first day of E3?)

Has it been announced that they will have stuff on the 11th or 12th?

Also has the UK/Europe timing of the

Digital Event/Treehouse/Invitational/Q&A
Been announced or anyone know?
The Treehouse event is all E3 long.

Top Bottom