• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
wonder why was Lucario picked and not Zorak. Or Greninja and not Zorak.
Because Lucario is a much more popular Pokemon than Zoroark and always has been. There's no reason for Lucario to ever get the axe over someone like Z. Plus Gen V wasn't that good

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'll be completely honest here, but I'd probably give up on Smash if they pulled a stunt like Diskun. I don't think every new Smash needs a retro character, especially not Diskun of all things.

D

Deleted member

I'll be completely honest here, but I'd probably give up on Smash if they pulled a stunt like Diskun. I don't think every new Smash needs a retro character, especially not Diskun of all things.
How even would a character like Diskun even work in Smash Bros . in the first place? Obviously movesets have been fabricated for characters before (Captain Falcon, Fox, etc.) but given his awkward body type I feel and hope that it would be practically impossible for him to be implemented. Like you said, I would also probably give up on the Franchise if they brought someone like him into the game as playable.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
How even would a character like Diskun even work in Smash Bros . in the first place? Obviously movesets have been fabricated for characters before (Captain Falcon, Fox, etc.) but given his awkward body type I feel and hope that it would be practically impossible for him to be implemented. Like you said, I would also probably give up on the Franchise if they brought someone like him into the game as playable.
I don't know or care how Diskun would work, but after the Wii Fit Trainer stunt and the possibility of a Chorus Men stunt on the horizon, I'd have pretty much given up on Smash Brothers right then and there. Three characters that are living examples of Sakurai's lack of care for the fans and a genuine lack of focus would pretty much make me lose faith in Smash Brothers as a series and Sakurai as a developer.. and if Sakurai came back for the next installment, I'd likely have insisted they kept him on a short leash.

Luckily, that won't happen. Right?

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
I think Chrom's the most likely choice, yeah. But who knows. All I know is I wish E3 would happen sooner. :awesome:
Same here but i am sure the wait will be worth it..i expect round about the same amount of info we got for the Smash Direct in E3 2014

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Loving Ike's new design, fits his playstyle.... Pure Power and makes him more different from Marth.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm not he one thats supposed to make these, but I just made one because they look awesome!!

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't know or care how Diskun would work, but after the Wii Fit Trainer stunt and the possibility of a Chorus Men stunt on the horizon, I'd have pretty much given up on Smash Brothers right then and there. Three characters that are living examples of Sakurai's lack of care for the fans and a genuine lack of focus would pretty much make me lose faith in Smash Brothers as a series and Sakurai as a developer.. and if Sakurai came back for the next installment, I'd likely have insisted they kept him on a short leash.

Luckily, that won't happen. Right?
I wouldn't go that far as long as we get what most have been waiting for at the same time, i.e. Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena, and such. But yes, if all I see at E3 is Miis, Chorus Men, and other "unexpected" characters I'll lose a lot of faith in Sakurai. I'm confident such an event won't happen though.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I wouldn't go that far as long as we get what most have been waiting for at the same time, i.e. Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Palutena, and such. But yes, if all I see at E3 is Miis, Chorus Men, and other "unexpected" characters I'll lose a lot of faith in Sakurai. I'm confident such an event won't happen though.
Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit on what my reaction would be. Still gonna buy it and play it to show my man Little Mac some love, but Sakurai pulling a stunt like that would pretty much drain me of all of my faith in him and the franchise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, a lotta negative nellys here. Sakurai's character choices are weird but they work. Don't think he puts weird ones in just to spite you.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Wow, a lotta negative nellys here. Sakurai's character choices are weird but they work. Don't think he puts weird ones in just to spite you.
I don't know. I met Masahiro Sakurai, and as we were shaking hands, he leaned in close to whisper into my ear.

He said, 'I put in all those clones, retro characters and stupid characters no-one asked for just to spite you. And my magnum opuses will be revealed at E3 in 2013 and 2014.'

In my shock, I asked him to repeat what he said, but he gave me a weird look and said 'Nani?'. So as you can see, my personal vendetta against Sakurai extends far beyond silly character choices. He's my mortal enemy..

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Let's be honest here, Sakurai's going to be looking for uniqueness when putting in characters. Mega Man's the projectile character, Villager's the collector, Wii Fit Trainer's the defense increaser, Rosalina's the puppet master, Little Mac's the ground brawler and Greninja's the speedy dodger.

We're going to likely get a bunch of strange characters over 2 more Fire Emblem swordsmen.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Let's be honest here, Sakurai's going to be looking for uniqueness when putting in characters. Mega Man's the projectile character, Villager's the collector, Wii Fit Trainer's the defense increaser, Rosalina's the puppet master, Little Mac's the ground brawler and Greninja's the speedy dodger.

We're going to likely get a bunch of strange characters over 2 more Fire Emblem swordsmen.
Or the stand user :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Stand user? EUREKA! I thought of how to make Chrom unique! For a bunch of his special moves he summons other characters from the game to assist.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Stand user? EUREKA! I thought of how to make Chrom unique! For a bunch of his special moves he summons other characters from the game to assist.
It will sound weird but I made a moveset for Paper Mario that revolves around that only that you could switch your side special via the neutral one.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm gonna go ahead put my money on Robin for E3. Since we have all the FE Vets revealed now, it seems like a good time to reveal an FE newcomer. As for Robin, that's just my most hopeful. Will settle for Micaiah or some other non-sword user. Chrom would be disappointing to me.

As for other Newcomers, I don't know. I'm expecting a few. Ridley would be revealed there and/or another 3rd Party assuming they are in the game. A Western event would likely be the place to unveil Ridley (seeing as how most of his support is in the West).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just the image of Chrom saying "Muda!" or summoning Frederick for combos makes me laugh severely.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Basically all I was saying in my post. Not that I expect a FE newcomer, I certainly don't, it's just that so far we had numerous veterans of a franchise revealed before the newcomer for that franchise.
That's because the vast majority of characters ARE veterans. Roughly 4/5 of the roster will be vets. So that's no magic pattern, it's just logic.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, a fire emblem newcomer certainly seems more likely now, but we need some fire emblem character unlockable right? But not from Awakening... maybe Roy will be unlockable? Im not sure, but yeah, Chrom could be at E3 but I sure would love to see Robin instead! I don't think Roy will be back, but it would be new to have no fire emblem characters be unlockable! I mean...they're debut to the series was with two unlockables! Anyway...
Basically - Predict: Chrom or Robin or some kind of Pair Function compromise between the two... Hope: Robin. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly from the E3 hype and Ike shock though. I was so sure he was cut! Whoops!

EDIT: And I also think after E3 the site will update to have pages for stages, more in depth character discussion, items, basically looking more like the dojo. And maybe the background will change to the boxart or some nice red/blue gradient. There are a looooot of red/blue gradients in these games (beam sword, final destination, borders in direct) I really wonder if its hinting at something?

Last edited:

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Yeah, a fire emblem newcomer certainly seems more likely now, but we need some fire emblem character unlockable right? But not from Awakening... maybe Roy will be unlockable? Im not sure, but yeah, Chrom could be at E3 but I sure would love to see Robin instead! I don't think Roy will be back, but it would be new to have no fire emblem characters be unlockable! I mean...they're debut to the series was with two unlockables! Anyway...
Basically - Predict: Chrom or Robin or some kind of Pair Function compromise between the two... Hope: Robin. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly from the E3 hype and Ike shock though. I was so sure he was cut! Whoops!

EDIT: And I also think after E3 the site will update to have pages for stages, more in depth character discussion, items, basically looking more like the dojo. And maybe the background will change to the boxart or some nice red/blue gradient. There are a looooot of red/blue gradients in these games (beam sword, final destination, borders in direct) I really wonder if its hinting at something?
I saw that onefinalsmash thing today. It looks...Interesting, to say the least. Real? Maybe. Fake? Maybe. I just can't figure out who this "Mercenary Demon" could be.

[collapse=Edit. Found something.]
[/collapse]
Don't know how whatever that is would get into a Nintendo game though. And he/she has a sword..so..?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm gonna go ahead put my money on Robin for E3. Since we have all the FE Vets revealed now, it seems like a good time to reveal an FE newcomer. As for Robin, that's just my most hopeful. Will settle for Micaiah or some other non-sword user. Chrom would be disappointing to me.

As for other Newcomers, I don't know. I'm expecting a few. Ridley would be revealed there and/or another 3rd Party assuming they are in the game. A Western event would likely be the place to unveil Ridley (seeing as how most of his support is in the West).
I'd like that as well. Not that I'm against Chrom, but another Blue Haired Lordly Swordsman might send the wrong message about Fire Emblem.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Based on the leaks recently, I'm pretty certain now the reveals will be Ridley, Pac-Man, and Mii and/or Kawashima.
I read "Kawashima" as "Kimishima" for a brief second.

I've been playing too much Trauma Center.

Top Bottom