• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Wow, a little over two weeks? Time is flying by, soon many of us may have even played Smash 4. It's crazy.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I expect Brain Age to get as much content as Nintendogs, as it is a popular Nintendo portable series, I don't think it will just get a sticker. :p
I just want a Nintencats AT...but instead of the Nintendog which faces the screen, the cat actually is in front of the screen, and paws at the constantly moving fighters.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Now that I think on it, Awakening would've been the best FE in the series if Donnel was the main character.

And we would've gotten him in Smash too.
The best thing would be we get a FE newcomer at E3 thats not Chrom it will kill 2 of the biggest cancers on these boards in one blow.

1. FE Discussion
2. Getmatsu Leak
3. Ow and yh Ridley is one but yh.......

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The best thing would be we get a FE newcomer at E3 thats not Chrom it will kill 2 of the biggest cancers on these boards in one blow.

1. FE Discussion
2. Getmatsu Leak
3. Ow and yh Ridley is one but yh.......
How about this: Fire Emblem doesn't get a newcomer, period. troll.png

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I too, am very excited for this event. In fact, I'm inviting a friend over and we're watching the presentation together. And maybe, if it's viable, go play the Smash demo.
I'm doing the same with maybe 2-3 guys, except I'm making ginger ale and playing MK8 with them until the tournament starts.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
16 days?! Time really does fly...
Now, if Diskun isn't a good enough obscure retro character for you, then how about these two?

My preferred etro reps are Sukapon and Daitoryo.
EDIT: Oh, forgot Duck Hunt Dog and Lip.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
My friend asked if I could throw a party for E3 so I plan on us all watching it from my 82 inch TV. Gonna be fun. Also going to record my reactions so the internet can see me attempt to do the worm when Palutena is revealed, and once we see Micaiah's model for FE x SMT (which could possibly have her being revealed for smash as well).

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
15 days?

Hold on. Oh, crap I haven't been paying attention. I CAN'T BELIEVE WERE THIS CLOSE!

Just for people anticipating this, don't think about it.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
15 days?

Hold on. Oh, crap I haven't been paying attention. I CAN'T BELIEVE WERE THIS CLOSE!

Just for people anticipating this, don't think about it.
I know right, i mean 15 days, ain't that awesome ye know it's like 2 weeks yo know, not so much.

hype

Edit: omg i just guesed how to make a spoiler and i was right!

Last edited:

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
All aboard the hype train!

Alfonso: Leave it to me!

Seriously though, we're so close! May really flew by!

Hopefully the next two weeks go by quick!

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Before the E3
*Ridley will be a character in Sm4sh*
SB: Still Ridley will be a character in SSB4, right? Nyeh Squiward, Nyeh Squiward, Nyeh Squiward, Nyeh Squiward, Nyeh Squiward...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
My god, seriously two weeks... I honestly honestly think we might know at least most of the roster by the time E3 is over because I doubt they'd make the Invitational be too limited in terms of characters.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My god, seriously two weeks... I honestly honestly think we might know at least most of the roster by the time E3 is over because I doubt they'd make the Invitational be too limited in terms of characters.
Right now we have 30 characters revealed, and that the full roster with be around 50 characters. If we assume there will be some unlockable characters on release.

I think we will get about 5-8 more reveals at E3, and the rest will be unlockable secret characters.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they invited any Ike players and that's why he was revealed.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Right now we have 30 characters revealed. If we assume there will be some unlockable characters on release, I would think maybe around 50 characters on the roster.

I think we will get about 5-8 more reveals at E3, and the rest will be unlockable secret characters.
Speaking of which.... anybody think that some of the characters currently revealed on the website will be unlockable? I would hope not, since I'd rather not know who the unlockables are....

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Speaking of which.... anybody think that some of the characters currently revealed on the website will be unlockable? I would hope not, since I'd rather not know who the unlockables are....
Probably: Luigi, Toon Link, Sonic, Lucario, and Greninja.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
With Nintendo's recent treatment of "secrets", I would not be surprised.

But I also would not be surprised if they were just migrating to the starting roster. Melee moved secrets to starters, and Brawl revealed 3rd party secrets and spoiled two in the intro. It also had a majority of the newcomers as starters instead of secrets.

Could go either way.

And if there's like 50 characters, there's still a ton of room for secrets if the starting roster was 30-ish. Not that there is a trend, but:
- SSB had 8 starters, 4 secrets
- SSBM had 14 starters, 12 secrets, and Sheik
- SSBB had 21 starters, 14 secrets, and Sheik, Zero Suit Samus + 2 Pokemon
- SSB4 could have 35 starters and 15 secrets, or something close to that number.

But yeah, we'll see.

Top Bottom