• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Cool! I'd imagine once they fix the other link, the locations will be announced too.

xxMiles

Smash Apprentice
So do you guys think the location info link will be fixed this week? Or will Nintendo make us wait?

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
June 11 and 14? Great! Now I hope that a Best Buy close by will be participating!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Ahh these threads remind me of the glorious Direct in Febuary. Such fun. Much laughs!

After the Direct I OD'd on Smashboards and needed a break, so I can only imagine how long I'll need to stay away from here... if I can help it I mean (I'll have my work cut out for me for E3 content). But it's somewhat magical and exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time.

Me, personally, would like to see Paper Mario. But that's a pipe dream - a pipe dream that'll keep me going for awhile however, which admittedly makes speculation a whole lot more fun.

Here's my speculation on what E3 could looks like:

• Trailer with returning veterans such as Wario, Meta-Knight, Lucas etc.
  • 3 newcomer reveals. Who are they, well, my dice is on Ridley and Pacman. Who could be the third? Well, some hints point toward Chrom, Shulk and Takamaru. We could even get a curveball newcomer (PLEASE Paper Mario... a guy can hope.). Another potential important character is Mii, who would benefit from a worldwide spotlight and dedicated time period of explanation. (BTW, I don't subscribe to the Salmon Roman Leak - it simply is logical for Pacman and Mii to show up. It has been for over a year, and way before the leak was surfaced.)
  • Details on paragame ... or whatever you'd call it. This mean menus, alt costumes, trophies, selection screen, modes, stage builder, add-ons and functionality with Miiverse. Details with 3DS connectivity would be ideal too. Also, if this NFC rumors are to be believed, we should see them explained as well.
  • A full match - as expected by the tourney (FINALLY i can look at a match an analysis percents and moves :3 You guys will love it)
  • Improvements on Veterans
  • Release month (I guarantee you the games will launch August 20th-30th and December 10th-20th). Nintendo will stick to their claims, only they'll fufill them to the bare minimum (Later rather than earlier I mean).
This looks long but I sense it'll take the same format at the last Direct. Little subsections for different subjects, firstly focusing on less sought after details (NFC, modes) to the main attraction of characters.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Can I please ask what finally debunked it? There were oh so many minor inconsistencies. However, supporters of the leak vehemently asserted that there wasn't enough to declare it fake. What changed?
This isn't really the thread, but wasnt it the numerous font errors, the wrong pixel on Ridley's box, the render in general all combined? If anyone's hanging onto it at this point, they'll keep hanging on until we see the CSS at E3.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This isn't really the thread, but wasnt it the numerous font errors, the wrong pixel on Ridley's box, the render in general all combined? If anyone's hanging onto it at this point, they'll keep hanging on until we see the CSS at E3.
It doesn't look like it @HextupleyooDOT found a big issue with the font: the font in the leak (despite looking like the one in the direct), isn't the same at all and it doesn't even make sense since the font used in the leak doesn't linclude japanes gliphs. Not to mention that the font used in the direct would've cost 577$ so it's big hit to its legitimacy.

But let's bring another topic shall we? I spent way too much time talking about this.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I have a small theory: I believe we will get 1 returning vet each week up to E3 on Fridays. Ike was last week, Wario might be this week*, and next week is ???. It would be a quick and efficient way to reveal 3 beloved vets.
*I believe Wario will be unveiled on the 30th (this week) due to my theory and MK8 releasing on that date, a game that has Mr. Yellow Mario in it.

However, it's Sakurai, so I could be completely and utterly wrong.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The article was posted today. The leak was debunked yesterday, when it leaked.
Man I can't find a source with all of the images or a source for it being debunked!
SOMEBODY POST SOME FRIGGIN SOURCE LINKS!!!

Also, even if it is fake, that design is sexy as f$#@.
What's really cool is how the locks have the smash logo engraved into them.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Man I can't find a source with all of the images or a source for it being debunked!
SOMEBODY POST SOME FRIGGIN SOURCE LINKS!!!

Also, even if it is fake, that design is sexy as f$#@.
What's really cool is how the locks have the smash logo engraved into them.
If you pretty much read the last fifty pages or so of the E3 Leaks and Rumors Discussion thread (forget the full name of it, but you'll find it no sweat), it goes over pretty much everything.

For those that don't care to look and read, it essentially came down to the font debunking the leak. Fancy that, eh?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
For those that don't care to look and read, it essentially came down to the font debunking the leak. Fancy that, eh?
Sorry but I don't understand...how does the font debunk it?

Does the logic,
Because the font is different from the font we've seen in other footage,
make the image fake?

There hasn't been any other footage of a character select screen, although we've seen the character portraits appear at the bottom during footage of fights.
The image could be a temporary layout because they haven't finished the menu. Or perhaps it is from an older build.

I wonder what's with the weird camera angles of the screen?
It looks like someone was tilting the c-stick!

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Speaking of which.... anybody think that some of the characters currently revealed on the website will be unlockable? I would hope not, since I'd rather not know who the unlockables are....
I wanna bet Sonic, Megaman, Luigi, Rosalina, Greninja, Toon Link, and Marth will be some of them

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sorry but I don't understand...how does the font debunk it?

Does the logic,
Because the font is different from the font we've seen in other footage,
make the image fake?

There hasn't been any other footage of a character select screen, although we've seen the character portraits appear at the bottom during footage of fights.
The image could be a temporary layout because they haven't finished the menu. Or perhaps it is from an older build.

I wonder what's with the weird camera angles of the screen?
It looks like someone was tilting the c-stick!
Hex explained it in the Leak thread.

The font they used in the E3 direct was a font only available in Japan, and if someone from the US wanted it, they would need to pay hundreds of dollars for it.

However the font used in the leak is one of the basic fonts found in most word processors in the US. You can find the comparison in the original thread near the end.

It isn't likely that Nintendo would change their font completely for a similar typeface only found in the US. The most likely thing is that the fake-leaker couldn't get his hands on the correct font.

That's how I see it.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I wanna bet Sonic, Megaman, Luigi, Rosalina, Greninja, Toon Link, and Marth will be some of them
I don't think Marth will be unlockable. There's no reason he should be anymore. He was revealed very early on and is the main character of his franchise. He deserves a spot amongst the starters.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't think Marth will be unlockable. There's no reason he should be anymore. He was revealed very early on and is the main character of his franchise. He deserves a spot amongst the starters.
He probably will, since he always has been and he doesnt take too long to unlock, so theres not much reason to complain....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A thought occours. If demos are on the 11th and 14th then do you think the ones on the 14th will have new characters announced at E3?

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
A thought occours. If demos are on the 11th and 14th then do you think the ones on the 14th will have new characters announced at E3?
Doubt it.

Nintendo's Digital Event, the Invitational & the Q& A are all June 10th, so any characters they'd want to reveal would be revealed already. E3 ends the 12th, and I really doubt they'll be revealing more characters then. At most, 1, but they probably won't be in the demo.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I still don't Think that leak is debunked. However, that's a discussion for Another thread.

Ahem, on topic. ^^

There's gonna be a Direct-like thing from Nintendo, right? And that Smash Tournament. And that Q&A thing. And more. As I am aweful at Time differences, could someone smart tell me, when exactly these things are happening for me being in Sweden? Would be very appreciated~

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
He probably will, since he always has been and he doesnt take too long to unlock, so theres not much reason to complain....
Being unlockable in previous games isn't an indication of being unlockable in the newest game. Ness and Captain Falcon went from unlockables to starters.

Also, Marth was the sixth revealed character after the initial E3 reveals, which is very early, and it was without promotion unlike Luigi, Toon Link and Sonic. His reveal wasn't tied to anything.

Last edited:

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
There's gonna be a Direct-like thing from Nintendo, right? And that Smash Tournament. And that Q&A thing. And more. As I am aweful at Time differences, could someone smart tell me, when exactly these things are happening for me being in Sweden? Would be very appreciated~
Tuesday June 10th

Nintendo Digital Event - 9 a.m. PT (6 p.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

Smash Bros. Invitational - 4 p.m. PT (1 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A) - 7 p.m. PT (4 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

Wednesday June 11th

New 3DS game Developer Discussion - 6 p.m PT (3 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

--

Pacific times (GMT-7) are always given for E3 events, so just add 9 hours to get the time in Sweden (GMT+2)!
Not sure if we have been given more information regarding Smash, but this is all I can remember right now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Tuesday June 10th

Nintendo Digital Event - 9 a.m. PT (6 p.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

Smash Bros. Invitational - 4 p.m. PT (1 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A) - 7 p.m. PT (4 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

Wednesday June 11th

New 3DS game Developer Discussion - 6 p.m PT (3 a.m. GMT+2 Sweden)
(lasts for 90 minutes)

--

Pacific times (GMT-7) are always given for E3 events, so just add 9 hours to get the time in Sweden (GMT+2)!
Not sure if we have been given more information regarding Smash, but this is all I can remember right now.
Thank you very kindly. ^^ I am still rather confused about this (for some reason, I just can't get my head around these time things), but I'll probably manage to understand it.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
This is beside the point, but how in the world does a FONT cost MORE THAN $500?!
...Good thing rich people don't have the skill or patience to make leak images, otherwise we'd have 50 we could never debunk!

WFT was revealed hours after the initial reveal, I dont think it's impossible that we could see reveals stretched to another day.

Not even gonna try double quoting on my phone, one is hard enough.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, I expect a reveal like the Wii-Fit Trainer was. But Mii this time. In a 4v battle with Reggie, Iwata, Sakurai and Miyamoto.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Thank you very kindly. ^^ I am still rather confused about this (for some reason, I just can't get my head around these time things), but I'll probably manage to understand it.
You're welcome. :]

Just be ready by 6PM your time on June 10th. I'm sure there will be a multitude of people here posting links when the Digital Event begins.

--

Can't believe we're only 2 weeks away. The reality of playable Tingle draws closer. :chuckle:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You're welcome. :]

Just be ready by 6PM your time on June 10th. I'm sure there will be a multitude of people here posting links when the Digital Event begins.

--

Can't believe we're only 2 weeks away. The reality of playable Tingle draws closer. :chuckle:
That is true, and it's what I usually do when there's big live events coming up. ^^ But I will be ready by that time. Just a shame it seems the Q&A will be four hours part midnight, making it a Little too late for me to stay up. D: But oh well.

So Close! Damn these two weeks will go slow. D:

Top Bottom