• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Morbi

Scavenger
Ike being revealed before E3 has me thinking we just might get an FE newcomer in 17 days. Could be a stretch, but idk.
I see the correlation; but at the same time, it is hard for me to imagine Chrom at e3. He doesn't really seem like e3 material; unless, as Kenith suggested, it was someone else unexpected.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I don't mean to be that guy, but I'm going to have to insist Sakurai stop doing Smash if we get Chrom. There's so much more that you can do with the Fire Emblem series that better represents it than blue-haired sword-wielding Lords. If they DO decide to go with Chrom, all I can say is they need to blow me out of my chair with his uniqueness when they DO reveal him, else I'm gonna be the guy leading the riot to Sakurai's house.

Anyway, my suggestion? It's not Robin, Lucina or Owain.

It's Donnel.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't mean to be that guy, but I'm going to have to insist Sakurai stop doing Smash if we get Chrom. There's so much more that you can do with the Fire Emblem series that better represents it than blue-haired sword-wielding Lords. If they DO decide to go with Chrom, all I can say is they need to blow me out of my chair with his uniqueness when they DO reveal him, else I'm gonna be the guy leading the riot to Sakurai's house.

Anyway, my suggestion? It's not Robin, Lucina or Owain.

It's Donnel.

Donnel is the ultimate wildcard choice in my book.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ike's appearance makes me think Chrom is even LESS likely. Clearly they've made him like that so he is distinguishable from Marth on the 3DS' small screen. It was kinda hard telling the two apart in the heat of action on the Wii, so I'm glad they've done that.

Chrom would be the same deal.

And even if there were a 3rd FE rep (which I really do doubt in itself), they probably wouldn't announce it at E3. Seeing as they'd probably announce characters that are going to build hype/get attention IE fan fav Ridley and Pac Man.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ike's appearance make a Fire Emblem character more likely thansk to the Brawl veteran rule that seems to be prevalent. Rosy only came after all 4 vets from her series were revealed, same for Greninja. This is mostly because they turn up in the trailers but it's not failed yet.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ike's appearance make a Fire Emblem character more likely thansk to the Brawl veteran rule that seems to be prevalent. Rosy only came after all 4 vets from her series were revealed, same for Greninja. This is mostly because they turn up in the trailers but it's not failed yet.
Are you assuming Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are cut?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Basically all I was saying in my post. Not that I expect a FE newcomer, I certainly don't, it's just that so far we had numerous veterans of a franchise revealed before the newcomer for that franchise.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Basically all I was saying in my post. Not that I expect a FE newcomer, I certainly don't, it's just that so far we had numerous veterans of a franchise revealed before the newcomer for that franchise.
It's understandable that they'd do it that way because, even if people would rather see the newcomers more than the veterans, the veterans are still fighters, which are the backbone of any good fighting game. There's way more vets in comparison to the newcomers, so it's safer for them to reveal all the vets first.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
17 DAYS!!! Wow time is going fast. I'm thinking at E3 we'll start with chrom, thanks to the ike reveal maybe starting with marth and ike fighting before chrom interupts, I also think we'll get palutena or they could just tease her again and then finally pac-man

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
The only one that has some shot of being revealed, if you think about releases, is Wario for Mario Kart 8. But Sakurai is Sakurai and will probably pull a random Lucas out of nowhere.
Lucas better get a new moveset like in Project M

I think Chrom's the most likely choice, yeah. But who knows. All I know is I wish E3 would happen sooner. :awesome:
How about the Player in FE Awakening, he can use an axe, sword, and magic. It would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm thinking that this month is finished as far as character reveals, we've finally balanced out every month of the last four, so I can wait until E3 for more characters

Triple1Truth

Smash Rookie
I think that Ness and someone else from Earthbound will be revealed on Earthbound's anniversary, If no one else besides Ness is revealed, got to be another Earthbound character besides Ness. Someone like Poo or Jeff. Lucas can also return to Super Smash Bros 4.
Also the Ness leak, is it real? I'd be suprised if Ness matches the photo in the leak.

Sorry for double post, but the possibility of Mewtwo is cut. Since Greninja looks like a great replacement for Mewtwo, no point in bringing him back.
Also, no homo, but notice how both Greninja,Mewtwo, and Lucario all have the same legs? I wonder why was Lucario picked and not Zorak. Or Greninja and not Zorak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Sorry for double post, but the possibility of Mewtwo is cut. Since Greninja looks like a great replacement for Mewtwo, no point in bringing him back.
Also, no homo, but notice how both Greninja,Mewtwo, and Lucario all have the same legs? I wonder why was Lucario picked and not Zorak. Or Greninja and not Zorak.
Because no one cares about zoroark anymore

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but Zoroark is done now. Not many people care, and he isn't as popular as Mewtwo, Lucario, and Greninja. Plus, Sakurai needed to somehow represent X/Y, so he decided to go with the most popular Kalos starter, hence, Greninja.

I hardly see anyone talk about Zoroark nowadays, be it within the actual Pokemon community, or Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think they intended to repeat Lucario's success with Zoroark but it didn't work out. It still has the dubious honor of being the only non-legendary that needed an even to obtain.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
16 days until E3!
I'm So Excited I've gotta pee!
We don't know
what nintendo will show!
What is this digital event?
Who cares? Im going to set up my tent!
Waiting is a pain!
Really hope it won't rain!
WOW HERE COME THE HYPE TRAIN!

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
Ya know, no one has entirely debunked the possibility that Ness and Jiggs were shown during the E3 trailer on the Nintendogs stage. I've posted that pic bunches of times and it's really interesting.

I know they are sure fire picks to come back, but the pic is comforting.
I believe someone did debunk it, it's a dog wearing a mario cap, apparently, he had a picture to go along with it, but I can't seem to find it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ya know, no one has entirely debunked the possibility that Ness and Jiggs were shown during the E3 trailer on the Nintendogs stage. I've posted that pic bunches of times and it's really interesting.

I know they are sure fire picks to come back, but the pic is comforting.

He's right, it's dogs. Its actually a still image, copied from a Nintendogs game.

Top Bottom