• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The entire section of this part of the direct was about boss characters playing as a stage hazard on stages and saying that the Megaman stage wasn't the only stage to have a boss hazard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWL4EuCp5E&feature=share
it's not "oh yeah yellow devil is a boss but look at this clippet of Ridley flying over, that's not a boss nope"
Since this is way too long to explain (I'm tired of repeating it), I will just say that every evidences on this clip has double meaning and it was done most likely on purpose but this purpose is again double meaning.

For example not only it's weird how the section was titled "yellow devil" instead of boss appearance but the Sakurai quote... is really suspicious.

First, yes he could've talked about the boss ridley on the stage pyrosphere but if I take literally, he could've said that other boss character (which might not be ridley) make appearance on other stages (which might not be pyrosphere). If it was the case, his statement could've technically be true by taking the ultimate ghost in find mii without ridley being an hazard. Not to mention that NOT mentioning his name is again double meaning (hype as hazard or hide and tease playable?)

I can do this for more of that but you just can't tell and interpret (so you can THINK he's not playable but you can't deny the opposite happening as me that can't deny the possibility of being an hazard).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Plus, even if there is a boss on Pyrosphere (which I'm not sure I believe for reasons completely unrelated to Ridley) there are multiple versions of Ridley, so it could be, for example, Other M Ridley as a hazard, Meta Ridley/Super Metroid/Redesigned Ridley as playable.

Or, you know, one of the five bosses in the Pyrosphere in Other M, all of which have more association to the lava than Ridley, and lava has confirmed to be a hazard as well.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
If Sakurai had said the exact same lines but had shown a clip of Pikachu walking past on windy hill with an egg mobile shaped shadow flying past, you wouldn't so much as batter an eyelid about it.

Last edited:

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I think there should be a separate thread for those who can't come to terms with Ridley's thinly-veiled revelation as a stage hazard. It can be called "Not Too Big"

Morbi

Scavenger
I think there should be a separate thread for those who can't come to terms with Ridley's thinly-veiled revelation as a stage hazard. It can be called "Not Too Big"
There should also be a thread for the opposite called "Too Big." But that is a waste of time and space, so everyone can use the Ridley thread for both purposes (which they do).

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
There should also be a thread for the opposite called "Too Big." But that is a waste of time and space, so everyone can use the Ridley thread for both purposes (which they do).
There's a thread in the character discussion section for Ridley, but I get the impression that if you even mention Ridley not being a character in said thread, you'd be bombarded with Ridley people trying to prove you wrong.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's a thread in the character discussion section for Ridley, but I get the impression that if you even mention Ridley not being a character in said thread, you'd be bombarded with Ridley people trying to prove you wrong.
there's just so much people that tell that he's an hazard as fact and are so sure. That's not true and it makes debate annoying for the people to constantly have to remind them about the facts.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
*Walks in thread and sees Ridley discussion*

I should probably go...Nah. All I have to say is that Ridley's role in SSB4 has been left ambiguous so far, and we will most likely find out during E3.

If he flat out isn't there at all, then something fishy is going on.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Tomorrow I predict all seven Koopalings to be announced as playable characters.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
E3 can't come sooner! We're starting to run out of on-topic stuff to talk about in this thread!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'm just going to say it: Soul Calibur Character for SSB4 and...
Street Fighter character themes as part of the music. Called it both.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
What if we played smash at best buy with all the characters already confirmed, and right after they best buy demos are over, they announce a new epic character. OOOOH Sakurai you :troll::troll::troll:
Also I have heard people think this is the last smash bros game, but I think it is not the last game, because if it was, sakurai would spend ALOT of time on it, more than brawl, and he would probably stuff in as much content in the game the wii u can handle.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Pre-E3: Rapid Veteran Reveals because of the long off time.

• Wario will be announced on the 30th.
  • Ness will be announced on June 6th.
E3:

• Start's off with a reveal. You hear Green Greens music, you see Bandana Dee frolicking through the fields, minding his own business. BANDANA DEE SPEARS INTO BATTLE!
  • However the screen rumbles and BD falls over. The Green Greens theme starts to change into a electric guitar as the clear sky fades to dark clouds. METAKNIGHT APPEARS FROM THE SHADOWS!
  • They both show off Bandana Dee and Meta-Knight's new moveset (different because he was OP in Brawl).
  • Sakurai talks about Smash, talking about a few things like the single player modes and customizable movesets. Then he says that the NFP (Nintendo Figure Platform) will be united with Smash to allow users to collect special trophies and such, and Iwata will now explain more.
  • Iwata comes out and explains the NFP program and the main game that supports it. Smash-Land, basically Skylanders but with Smash characters.
  • Iwata talks about multiple new games coming for the Wii U and 3DS in 2014 and 2015.
  • Nintendo Land 2! Now with 2X the games with more unique games to play than before, it is slated for a holiday 2014 release. Mii is announced as Playable.
  • Rhythm Heaven U! Chorus Men Announced!
  • He talks about SMT X FE and shows a bit of gameplay, however he says he will end with something special. A new trailer with Chrom!
  • Now X from Monolith, where he also announces Shulk is in Smash Bros.
  • He announces that a new Kid Icarus game is being made for the 3DS and is slated for a spring 2015 release, and announces Palutena.
  • He talks about Hyrule Warriors and the playable characters in it. Here he announces Ganondorf's new moveset!
  • Now onto the good stuff he says, and that the Zelda theme starts playing. He shows a new Zelda game slated for Holiday 2015.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728

E3:

• Start's off with a reveal. You hear Green Greens music, you see Bandana Dee frolicking through the fields, minding his own business. BANDANA DEE SPEARS INTO BATTLE!
  • However the screen rumbles and BD falls over. The Green Greens theme starts to change into a electric guitar as the clear sky fades to dark clouds. METAKNIGHT APPEARS FROM THE SHADOWS!
  • They both show off Bandana Dee and Meta-Knight's new moveset (different because he was OP in Brawl).
  • Sakurai talks about Smash, talking about a few things like the single player modes and customizable movesets. Then he says that the NFP (Nintendo Figure Platform) will be united with Smash to allow users to collect special trophies and such, and Iwata will now explain more.
  • Iwata comes out and explains the NFP program and the main game that supports it. Smash-Land, basically Skylanders but with Smash characters.
  • Iwata talks about multiple new games coming for the Wii U and 3DS in 2014 and 2015.
  • Nintendo Land 2! Now with 2X the games with more unique games to play than before, it is slated for a holiday 2014 release. Mii is announced as Playable.
  • He talks about SMT X FE and shows a bit of gameplay, however he says he will end with something special. A new trailer with Chrom!
  • He announces that a new Kid Icarus game is being made for the 3DS and is slated for a spring 2015 release, and announces Palutena.
  • He talks about Hyrule Warriors and the playable characters in it. Here he announces Ganondorf's new moveset!
  • Now onto the good stuff he says, and that the Zelda theme starts playing. He shows a new Zelda game slated for Holiday 2015.
What about Ridley's fate? :sadeyes:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

• Lucas will be announced on June 6th.
Fixed. Seriously though, who are we missing from Brawl's starters? Metaknight, Lucas, Wario, PT's other Pokémon, and Ice Climbers, right? I think if we see any more characters before E3 it will be from that group. I wonder if IC actually were changed significantly because of 3DS restrictions... if they were they will probably get some spotlight at E3.

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames

E3:

What is your source?

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
On a completely unrelated note, if there were three characters that could turn into a ball(:sonic::jigglypuff::yoshi2:), and three swallowers(:kirby2::dedede::yoshi2:), Then I dont see why :lucario:,:charizard:, and :mewtwomelee: can't all have Mega Evolutions.

Edit: I'm sorry for bringing up Pokemon, it seems to be a topic discussed a lot here. :urg:

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
On a completely unrelated note, if there were three characters that could turn into a ball(:sonic::jigglypuff::yoshi2:), and three swallowers(:kirby2::dedede::yoshi2:), Then I dont see why :lucario:,:charizard:, and :mewtwomelee: can't all have Mega Evolutions.

Edit: I'm sorry for bringing up Pokemon, it seems to be a topic discussed a lot here. :urg:
And three Land Masters (:fox::falco::4littlemac:)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Fixed. Seriously though, who are we missing from Brawl's starters? Metaknight, Lucas, Wario, PT's other Pokémon, and Ice Climbers, right? I think if we see any more characters before E3 it will be from that group. I wonder if IC actually were changed significantly because of 3DS restrictions... if they were they will probably get some spotlight at E3.
I think Ness would be made the Earthbound starter if any of those two. Lucas was only really revealed pre-release to promote Mother 3, Ness is the one who can promote stuff this time. Plus, Marth was revealed before Ike too, so I wouldn't cling too hard to the Brawl starting roster. I'm kind of expecting Meta Knight to be an unlockable too, he fits the role nicely.

I'm expecting ICs to have received some changes. Not sure what changes, but I'm sure that if they weren't worth highlighting somehow they would have been revealed by now. No reason to hold them back for this long otherwise.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm expecting ICs to have received some changes. Not sure what changes, but I'm sure that if they weren't worth highlighting somehow they would have been revealed by now. No reason to hold them back for this long otherwise.
Nana and Popo as separate characters?

Top Bottom