• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
Ugh for me it's that I have school the day of E3, and my schoolmates are spoilsports. If I can avoid them the whole day, get home as fast as possible, and watch the presentation late, I might be able to not ruin anything for myself like last year heh.
Yah same I got school during E3 but right after I'm hurrying to Best Buy and I'm gonna play ssb4 and watch E3

I also have class during e3, I wonder why it is in the middle of the week; would the weekend not be much better?
I think it started on a Friday last year

Last edited by a moderator:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Further details on Hyrule Warriors:

- Premium Box contains: Official Setting Materials, Triforce-model table clock, 6 serial codes of exclusive costumes

- There is also Treasure Box version which is different from Premium, but details are still unknown yet

-2-player mode will have a player using TV screen and the other player using gamepad screen

-In 1-player mode, the gamepad screen will be a sub-screen that contains information

-Characters can equip various kinds of weapons such as speed-oriented One-Handed Sword and power-oriented heavy weapons; the movesets will differ greatly based on the weapon equipped

-Weapon upgrade & Character growth systems also exist here

-The gameplay is mostly basic Warriors-style but with added Z-focus in Zelda series (??)

-If the above feature can be used well, it will be easier to evade enemy attacks and aim for their weaknesses

-The well-known spinning attack in Zelda series is used as Musou attack here

-Impa is 100% confirmed playable, her weapon is a giant longsword

-The devs also promise quite a lot of playable characters that even Aonuma-san is impressed by the number

-There will be a playable demo at E3

Source: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9727147&t=7134890
HYPING INTENSIFIES. INSTABUY ACTIVATING.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You can never guarantee that all the originals will return just because they are originals. I mean, when smash 4 was revealed it seemed jigglypuff would be left out, but now it seems all of the originals will return
C. Falcon is one of the most popular characters in smash, and has reached memetic bad-*** status. There would be riots in the streets if he wasn't in.
He was confirmed from day 1.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
[citation needed]

Literally why would you think this?
I'm not expecting more than 50 characters, we already know 29, and there's an hour and a half discussion coming in a few days.
Also we know some historically unlockable characters like Luigi.
And also Mario Kart 8. They showed the entire game to build as much hype as possible and, as they actually admitted, Sm4sh is the other game this year on which they're betting on.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
It just occurred to me I'm driving home to Idaho from Oregon to see my family on June 7th, meaning I'll be busy all throughout E3 seeing all the friends and family I haven't seen in two years.

Lousy timing. :/

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think it started on a Friday last year
I think it was on a Tuesday last year. I'm pretty sure it's usually on a Tuesday now that i'm thinking about it. I'm probably wrong though.
I also have class during e3, I wonder why it is in the middle of the week; would the weekend not be much better?
Ugh for me it's that I have school the day of E3, and my schoolmates are spoilsports. If I can avoid them the whole day, get home as fast as possible, and watch the presentation late, I might be able to not ruin anything for myself like last year heh.
Skip! I took a personal day from my job. Nothing will get in the way of my Smash Bros :psycho:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Only 18 days now?? That's a little over two weeks! Also: the 10th is on a Monday.. I don't have work on Mondays. Yay me!!! :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only 18 days now?? That's a little over two weeks! Also: the 10th is on a Monday.. I don't have work on Mondays. Yay me!!! :troll:
Hate to ruin your life but it's a Tuesday.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Got my summer vacation locked down from the launch day of MK8 all the way to the end of the E3 week. It's going to be a good one. :225:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
As I've already stated within the other thread. I'm not entirely too sure how NFC technology will work within Smash Bros, but I am sort of interested to see how this will be implemented within the game.
I've already talked this over with some friends. I don't think it'd be far fetched for the NFC figurines to unlock alternate costumes and other aesthetic things within the game. Some of my friends also believe that they'd be used as essentially DLC, with the NFC figurines allowing for the in-game download of things like stages, characters, trophies, play modes, etc. etc.. I could see Nintendo doing this. Even if it's just aesthetics, they'll still sell a mint worth of those NFC figurines. If there's one thing games like LoL and TF2 have proven to us, is that people will buy cosmetics by the boatload, even if they can't see it. At least here, you can see your aesthetic changes, so these will enable Nintendo to purchase a mint.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
falco better be back :3
Personally I'd like Falco to be back with some additional changes but not a huge revamp. It make sense he'd share fighting style with Fox but add his own style to it. In my head canon, Fox is using his military academy training and Falco imitates what he can work with of it. Wolf has been a mercenary from day 1 so it makes sense that he'd have a unique style but with similar equipment.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Possibly they could store customized data
I was hoping the figurines could offer something special in addition to early unlocking of a character. Offering exclusive characters seem like a bad idea, but maybe like maybe like exclusive alternate costumes, songs or stage builder pieces.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I was hoping the figurines could offer something special in addition to early unlocking of a character. Offering exclusive characters seem like a bad idea, but maybe like maybe like exclusive alternate costumes, songs or stage builder pieces.
That wouldn't be too bad.

If, for some weird reason, they decide to include exclusive characters only unlockable through toys, then toys are what I shall purchase. If they're reasonably priced, I might prefer that over regular DLC.
Really hope it doesn't come down to that, because they'll obviously lose many fans to that greed.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
O.O 18 days already?

Wow... I am seriously getting nerd-chills.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
18 Days until E3
I'm so excited I've gotta pee
Somebody will be announced, who will it be?
Could it be pac-man, ridley, or even your mii!
This is the year of smash..
Mario will punch
Sonic will dash
and Wii fit trainer will criticize your lunch!

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
18 Days until E3
I'm so excited I've gotta pee
Somebody will be announced, who will it be?
Could it be pac-man, ridley, or even your mii!
This is the year of smash..
Mario will punch
Sonic will dash
and Wii fit trainer will criticize your lunch!
But Ridley was already confirmed as a stage hazard

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
But Ridley was already confirmed as a stage hazard
I know.... I never really wanted ridley... and I hope you mean confirmed as stage boss.

YES!

Captain Falcon was actually confirmed in this article Sakurai states, "Some attacks such as Captain Falcon’s “Falcon Punch” might work well when there’s more players, but might not ever hit during a 1-on-1 fight."

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/masah...out-game-balance-in-the-new-smash-bros-games/

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom