• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Morbi

Scavenger
Doesn't Nintendo use the grey logo now? Can't remember the last time I saw the red logo! x:

It's hard to believe we're only 20 days away. Melee's reveal video always gets me really hype for Nintendo during E3. I'm hoping they don't let us down!
You almost forget how exciting the opening is for the very first time; how exciting the game is before you actually play it, I hope something like that happens during this e3.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I found this leak I need your help to see if it is legit (Seems it to me)
I have a couple of problems with this.

One, it seems like the best case scenario; a fan's dream.
Also, it completely skims over the third-parties' games, sans the one we already know about, and the names of the games that we don't know about (the new Metroid and Starfox games) are also left ambiguous.

While the explanation for the third-parties could simply be that Nintendo knows their own games, while they haven't worked out all of the plans with their partners.

I would love for this to be true.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

Also, it completely skims over the third-parties' games, sans the one we already know about, and the names of the games that we don't know about (the new Metroid and Starfox games) are also left ambiguous.

While the explanation for the third-parties could simply be that Nintendo knows their own games, while they haven't worked out all of the plans with their partners.

The leak you quoted has a whole block for third party games, which will likely just be a collage. "Please check out some of these great games coming soon from our partners." as kind of a "Hey, time for a piss break." for the Direct.

But yeah, the biggest factor in the leaks is that most of them aren't wholly disappointing. I'd love for these to be true, but I think the strongest evidence against all of them is simply that they're really strong showings when Nintendo hasn't had one in years.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@ F Fools Requiem
Pretty sure there's a ton of people that like ROB's moveset. And I see no reason for him to be cut, for many reasons. Plus, he is a damn important character~

Anyways, Hyrule Warriors looks awesome.

Scan Info

Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA
Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.
The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions (whose names start with 'Va' and 'Wi').
Location includes Hyrule Field
Interview with Koinuma, Hayashi, and Aonuma. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.
Crap, I was hoping you could play as Zelda.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The leak you quoted has a whole block for third party games, which will likely just be a collage. "Please check out some of these great games coming soon from our partners." as kind of a "Hey, time for a piss break." for the Direct.

But yeah, the biggest factor in the leaks is that most of them aren't wholly disappointing. I'd love for these to be true, but I think the strongest evidence against all of them is simply that they're really strong showings when Nintendo hasn't had one in years.
I know that; what I mean is, that the actual listing doesn't explain any specific third-parties, sans the ones we already know like Bayonetta, as obviously, they would be much harder to make up if it were fake.

If it were real, all of the third-party titles would be listed separately. I don't think, considering how much Nintendo needs it, that they would devote so little attention to third-parties.

Again, this could be due to a lack of concrete agreements on what to show. If any other Directs (specifically, the E3 Direct) have a structure like that, then I will remove that detractor from my analysis.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman

Pokkén Fighters? Ha ha ha, it's Pokken Fighters, for me it's FAKE

andimidna

Smash Master

August 14th release date...

I think it's pretty safe to say we'll see a fair bit of this... possibly as one of the demos on the floor/stream.
WOOOAAHHH... WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!

I'm guessing that thing in the top left picture is the villain... Shia.
BUT WAIT! LOOK AT WHAT SHE/IT IS STANDING IN FRONT OF!
...THE MIRROR OF TWILIGHT! OGLOMOGOLOGMGOLFM

I was hoping the main characters would be 5 playable characters like 3d world, and would be Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna, and Nayru. And then there would be side characters and villains playable, but this is looking amazing.

sorry if post is irrelevant but I couldn't contain hype long enough to put this somewhere else

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
WOOOAAHHH... WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!

I'm guessing that thing in the top left picture is the villain... Shia.
BUT WAIT! LOOK AT WHAT SHE/IT IS STANDING IN FRONT OF!
...THE MIRROR OF TWILIGHT! OGLOMOGOLOGMGOLFM

I was hoping the main characters would be 5 playable characters like 3d world, and would be Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna, and Nayru. And then there would be side characters and villains playable, but this is looking amazing.

sorry if post is irrelevant but I couldn't contain hype long enough to put this somewhere else
Are you sure that's the mirror of twilight?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pokkén Fighters? Ha ha ha, it's Pokken Fighters, for me it's FAKE
I sincerely hope you're joking. Because The Pokemon Company did in fact register the name Pokkén Fighters, accent on the E and all.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I was actually hoping Zelda would be playable as well...Oh well Impa is cool enough. Also "unexpected playable characters.."

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
The latest Dynasty Warriors installment has over 70 playable characters.

It would be a shame if Hyrule Warriors only had 4-5 playable characters. This is the one game where they can go all out on making playable characters for a Zelda series.

Copy over from my post at a Zelda forum:

This brings to the question, what will the Neutral side be? In these games, there are always

-Good(Which I assume to be Hylian/Kokiri/others that help link)
-Bad(Ganondorf's minion's and the human-like bosses, of course)
-Neutral - Hard to say, who do you think would be playable characters in this side? Would be interesting to discuss.

My guesses so far for the characters, though.
Good - Zelda, Link, Sheik, Impa, Midna(Human form), Hero's Shade(Would be awesome), some of the warriors that you meet in Telma's bar from TP, and I guess, possibly, Fierce Deity.

Bad - Dark Link, Ganondorf, Demise, Vaati, Hilda, Yuga, Ghirahim, Sorcerer's Sisters.

Neutral - So far, I only really have one guess of who I think will be in the Neutral team, and that's Zant. I think everyone who's played TP will understand why I chose him to be Neutral.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The latest Dynasty Warriors installment has over 70 playable characters.

It would be a shame if Hyrule Warriors only had 4-5 playable characters. This is the one game where they can go all out on making playable characters for a Zelda series.
They should honestly go all out. Every major villain, every notable hero. I'm adverse to the addition of new Link's in Smash, but let's go all out here: Young Link from Majora's Mask, Link from ALttP and/or ALBW, Link from Link's Awakening/Oracles, Toon Link, normal ol' Link, etc. etc.. Most of them have some kind of gimmick that would work well and fun.

andimidna

Smash Master
Does this count as E3 discussion? I hope so. If not, I can create a character thread for Shia to discuss her role in the game and stuff like that.
some of the warriors that you meet in Telma's bar from TP,.
If Ashei were playable, I'd be so hyped!

I love how her design is so detailed, she looks like a fighter, that's for sure.

Other character's I'd like that you didn't mention would be:
Good- Ravio, Agitha, Groose, Crazy Tracy, Irene, Tetra, Ilia, and Fat Impa :laugh:
Bad- Twinrova, Veran, Onox, King Bulblin, Chancellor Cole, and Majora
Neutral- ...Hilda, Byrne, and Skull Kid? Well, is there a neutral class or ranking at all? I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game, but I don't think this has happened, and there aren't very many neutral characters to include from Zelda, however, I heard there was a god/goddess set of characters, which would be interesting. When I mention Nayru, I'm talking about the Oracle, but if they had her and Din and Farore as playable Goddess characters, that would be awesome too.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

I goofed since I thought this thread's countdown were for Nintendo E3 but I realized that it was for general E3. I decided to skipped a day, since this countdown is sole for Nintendo E3. :)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Further details on Hyrule Warriors:

- Premium Box contains: Official Setting Materials, Triforce-model table clock, 6 serial codes of exclusive costumes

- There is also Treasure Box version which is different from Premium, but details are still unknown yet

-2-player mode will have a player using TV screen and the other player using gamepad screen

-In 1-player mode, the gamepad screen will be a sub-screen that contains information

-Characters can equip various kinds of weapons such as speed-oriented One-Handed Sword and power-oriented heavy weapons; the movesets will differ greatly based on the weapon equipped

-Weapon upgrade & Character growth systems also exist here

-The gameplay is mostly basic Warriors-style but with added Z-focus in Zelda series (??)

-If the above feature can be used well, it will be easier to evade enemy attacks and aim for their weaknesses

-The well-known spinning attack in Zelda series is used as Musou attack here

-Impa is 100% confirmed playable, her weapon is a giant longsword

-The devs also promise quite a lot of playable characters that even Aonuma-san is impressed by the number

-There will be a playable demo at E3

Source: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9727147&t=7134890

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For better or worse, it looks like the cast of Warriors came to Hyrule and Link got caught up in the mess.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It is definitely a bit of a departure from what is expected from the Zelda series, it will be interesting how it plays.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
more info on pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire new ssb4 chars x info and bayonetta 2

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
should we start a thread for hyrule warriors

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
also i feel like ghriam will returm

andimidna

Smash Master
I was going to make a character thread for Shia tonight that could also maybe talk about Hyrule Warriors in general...?
Idk if that's good enough or fits the rules.
Anyways, I found something that caught my attention. I was looking through definitions, and saw a definition for sheikh, which I heard about already, and it always reminded me of the word Sheikah.
Well, it said basically: a ruler of an Arabic tribe from a leading family.
What interested me was the next word, Shia. Which was defined as a Muslim group that only accepts descendants of Muhammed as true rulers.
It would make sense that Impa would be the leader of the Sheikah, and that Zelda would be a Princess, like usual. So I could see Shia and her other people being angry at one of the 2 for a similar reason. I could see the story take this turn, easily. Which could lead into so many characters getting involved. But it's just a guess.

Top Bottom