• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

lightdasher

Smash Lord
This is honestly the most stupid argument I have ever seen, I'm outta here!

MARIO KART TIME!!!!!!
Of course it's a stupid argument to you, you want Ridley, so any form of Ridley not being in Smash is stupid.

If you want a character in or out, you're biased ;P

We'll just have to wait and see, I mean, we could both be right, look at Toon Link.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Let me make it easier for you then.
bam bam
Can you use your own words to describe what you are trying to say, please?
Your emphasis is on "The characters announced on the website are the fighters." And then a picture of Ridley's shadow and the words: "Other boss character appearances."

If anything this seems like an argument for Ridely's inclusion in the game as he has not been announced outside of the website or on the website. We saw his shadow and his name was not mentioned, that is in no way an announcement.

Please clear up what you are trying to say.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Of course it's a stupid argument to you, you want Ridley, so any form of Ridley not being in Smash is stupid.

If you want a character in or out, you're biased ;P

We'll just have to wait and see, I mean, we could both be right, look at Toon Link.
If your argument would have proven at 100% that he's an hazard, then why would little mac being hinted in the boxing ring stage? After all, he wasn't on the website when it happened.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
But I am not sure Sakurai is willing to, espescially it was not visible at the e3 demo 2013 when sakurai played against that Nintendo America guy. I think it will not have a role in smash
So because it wasn't shown off at one time removes the possibility? They didn't show any custom moves at E3 last year... yet we know they're in the game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Right off the bat this unmasked what sakurai mean't by transfer customzation threw wii u to 3ds.

These could be used for dlc character.

Also for the characters that are not dlc, in a quicker way of unlocking the unlockable characters in smash bros wii u.
Thinking back to what Sakurai stated from the Smash Direct. I think the NFC technology could very well be used for that.

Guess we'll wait until E3 to see if that is the case, after all Sakurai did say that he will have further information about customization.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hmm.....you know considering that they had already unveiled the customized movesets within the Smash Direct, could it be that Nintendo could use the NFC technology to store the customized movesets or something?
This seems to be the most often idea i see people suggesting but i beg to ask?

So what?
What is so great about doing that?
Really...........

dezeray112

Smash Hero
This seems to be the most often idea i see people suggesting but i beg to ask?
Well, its just that I was thinking back to the Smash Direct, when Sakurai had stated that he will discuss more details about the Special (Customization) Move Sets in the future.

It got me thinking that Sakurai could possibly discuss this at E3 and maybe this (Customized Move Sets) could be utilized with the NFC technology.

That's my guess.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, its just that I was thinking back to the Smash Direct, when Sakurai had stated that he will discuss more details about the Special (Customization) Move Sets in the future.

It got me thinking that Sakurai could possibly discuss this at E3 and maybe this (Customized Move Sets) could be utilized with the NFC technology.

That's my guess.
It is also my guess, it would explain why he hasn't touched on it since announcing it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Did you see ridley? no you saw his shadow which is in itself ambiguous (actually, you can't tell for sure his fate this also include that he could be OR not playable it's unknown).
You actually do see a portion of Ridley's model; it wasn't edited very well, I will say that.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
yeah I know that but the only thing it tells you is that it is other m ridley but this isn't enough to say hazard or playable.

details are important so thanks for this.
The entire section of this part of the direct was about boss characters playing as a stage hazard on stages and saying that the Megaman stage wasn't the only stage to have a boss hazard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWL4EuCp5E&feature=share
it's not "oh yeah yellow devil is a boss but look at this clippet of Ridley flying over, that's not a boss nope"

Morbi

Scavenger

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The entire section of this part of the direct was about boss characters playing as a stage hazard on stages and saying that the Megaman stage wasn't the only stage to have a boss hazard.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrWL4EuCp5E&feature=share
it's not "oh yeah yellow devil is a boss but look at this clippet of Ridley flying over, that's not a boss nope"
We know this. We've probably seen it a hundred times.

Why did he hide him and not mention his name? That may hint at him being a stage hazard, but it doesn't confirm it, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just as delusional as people who thought he was deconfirmed when Pyrosphere was revealed nearly a year ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom