• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Nana and Popo as separate characters?
I doubt they can stand as seperate characters. If they're split up it'll just be solo Popo with Nana completely cut (AT perhaps?) Worst case scenario they're cut, in which case I think solo Popo is more likely.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I doubt they can stand as seperate characters. If they're split up it'll just be solo Popo with Nana completely cut (AT perhaps?.) Worst case scenario they're cut, in which case I think solo Popo is more likely.
I would think the character, if they were separated, that they would still be the Ice ClimberS.

Wii Fit Trainers also has the S, and I would think you could pick between Nana and Popo in the same way.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would think the character, if they were separated, that they would still be the Ice ClimberS.

Wii Fit Trainers also has the S, and I would think you could pick between Nana and Popo in the same way.
Some places Wii Fit Trainer has the 's', others she don't. Only time I recall seeing it was in the Direct really. I guess Villager is Villagers too then? I think on the select screen it'll just be singular though, probably calling Popo for Ice Climber to allow for Nana to be played.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So Ike was revealed today.

Are we going to get one more character before E3? Because at that point, Nintendo will most likely reveal the starting roster for the game.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
If Ike was the last character to be revealed, and E3, they don't reveal the veterans and newcomers, i'll cry.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
If Ike was the last character to be revealed, and E3, they don't reveal the veterans and newcomers, i'll cry.
Rest assured they'll surely announce a couple more characters on E3 (and maybe even in these couple of weeks left for it). Ssome characters won't be revealed until the game comes out though

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I hope Roy is revealed next Friday. I'm not even sure if that would make Chrom more or less likely, to be honest.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The only one that has some shot of being revealed, if you think about releases, is Wario for Mario Kart 8. But Sakurai is Sakurai and will probably pull a random Lucas out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member

The only one that has some shot of being revealed, if you think about releases, is Wario for Mario Kart 8. But Sakurai is Sakurai and will probably pull a random Lucas out of nowhere.
While I think it is more than fitting for a Wario reveal to happen to correspond to the release of MK8, I also have the feeling that we may not get anyone else until E3 since when it comes to veterans, we've typically only gotten one reveal a month with the exception of January (with Dedede and Lucario being the two vets revealed during that month)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What?? Ike?? I was so sure you were cut! Why do the fire emblem reps come out of nowhere!? Gosh darn it Ike, we already have a blue haired swordsman! Get out of here with your blue hair and sword and...and cool ripped cape and and...muscles... have you been working out? Welcome back Ike!
Seriously though, this dude is buffed! In brawl he seemed like another swordsman but here... he's a handsome, stern, prepared, and capable kinda brute!
I guess Sakurai is trying to say "Prepare yourself!" for E3 haha

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Will Lucas be the next character revealed after Ike is the question.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I bet the next reveal will be Wolf just to further f*** with our expectations.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I wonder if the remaining assist trophies are playable: Isaac (golden sun), Ray (custom robo), Infantry (advance wars), Shadow (sonic), Excitebiker (excitebike), Tingle (zelda) etc.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wonder if the remaining assist trophies are playable: Isaac (golden sun), Ray (custom robo), Infantry (advance wars), Shadow (sonic), Excitebiker (excitebike), Tingle (zelda) etc.
Isaac and Shadow probably, but here's the gimmick: Shadow will be in as an alternate costume for Sonic, not as a seperate character

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
TBH, I don't like the idea of a character being an alternate costume to another character, I feel like actual characters like Shadow, can be character on their own. Don't take this the wrong way though, I don't really support another Sonic character for Smash.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
TBH, I don't like the idea of a character being an alternate costume to another character, I feel like actual characters like Shadow, can be character on their own. Don't take this the wrong way though, I don't really support another Sonic character for Smash.
I feel the same way. I don't alternate costumes that change the identity of the character.

Well, with one exception.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
The fact that they could afford to reveal Ike now leads me to believe there will be MANY character reveals at E3, both new and vets.

Ze hype.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah, okay. Never played UMvC3 and had no idea that he was alt.
I wouldn't mind character alts unless they played slightly different. Akin to Mario and Dr. Mario.
Well that's still Mario, so it wouldn't be a big deal to make them the same character.

But Chrom over Ike or Lucina over Marth is just silly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's an alt costume thread else wher eif you wanna argue about alt costume themselves. To turn it E3-ward, if alt costumes for vets are announced, what ones do you think they'd show? Dr Mario is a given.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ike being revealed before E3 has me thinking we just might get an FE newcomer in 17 days. Could be a stretch, but idk.

Top Bottom