• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Mario rides on Yoshi
Pit either uses that chariot or flies
Olimar uses his ship
Shulk uses a mech
Fire Emblem ppl use horses.
and yeah

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wow, that developed a large discussion. I've been thinking of Super Smash Racing for years. Heck when Super Mario Strikers came out, I wanted a Super Smash Sports spinoff franchise.

Oh gosh, I better not say more, I need some new stuff to talk about at E3 2016.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Wii fit trainer ride the balance board.

And nothing new for smash at this E3. Game over guys.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Apparently zero said that in response to a question about his reddit ama. So no hype for us:sadeyes:
Guess no one noticed this post but I guess there's nothing left for Smash then :p

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
That seems reasonable; I'm glad that the packaging is pretty square instead of having a bunch of big, useless plastic jutting out everywhere.

edit: can't spell

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'll definitely get amiibos of my favorite characters. These are really good stocking stuffer ideas, and I plan on getting them for myself and friends for special occasions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it's much better value than Skylanders and Disney Infinity too. They are about the same price, but the Amiibo's look a lot better crafted, and will work with multiple games of multiple genres. Not only that, but they aren't dumbed down games, like Skylanders, which plays like your run of the mill kids action game with some RPG upgrade elements (with a few shoddy time waster games for mobile).

I might actually collect them all, I think I could more than afford it by that time. I'll probably just get Kirby, Pit, Yoshi, and Link out of the original group though, at first.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Are these things for 3DS at all or no? I'm thinking not.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it's much better value than Skylanders and Disney Infinity too. They are about the same price, but the Amiibo's look a lot better crafted, and will work with multiple games of multiple genres. Not only that, but they aren't dumbed down games, like Skylanders, which plays like your run of the mill kids action game with some RPG upgrade elements (with a few shoddy time waster games for mobile).

I might actually collect them all, I think I could more than afford it by that time. I'll probably just get Kirby, Pit, Yoshi, and Link out of the original group though, at first.
I suppose, but at the same time, I presume you get your use out of the figures in the other games as it is a dedicated game to the concept. It really depends on what Amiibo does in other games, so far the whole, "it is your Smash partner" thing does not really sound like it is worth 10 dollars. It sounds extremely gimmicky. Sure, I will buy one for me and one for my sister once they come out to test them out. However, I am not entirely convinced.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well until next year 3DS has no Amiibo support period. There could always be a patch that adds them in later, but for now Smash 3DS probably won't support them.
Oh yeah, now I just remembered the little 3DS support thing later on.

I'll only be getting a Luigi one anyways. Maybe another one depending on who I like most at the Smash Fest on Saturday.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

No Shulk Announcement Yet......Zero.........You better not be lying to us......

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just want E3 to be over so I can stop worrying about everything.
Also, Woolly World is next. I'm getting that game. :D

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
$10-15 huh.Nintendo needs as much money as possible...Reggie announce Mewtwo already!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
$10-15 huh.Nintendo needs as much money as possible...Reggie announce Mewtwo already!
What are you talking about with the $10-15? Is that how much the Amiibo figures cost?

Why does everyone think that Zero has insider information? I believe that we are reading the quote out of context.
"There is going to be a hype announcement tomorrow"

Sure. That can be totally be misinterpreted.

Last edited:

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
If the figures cost $10-15 we could potentially end up spending over $400 if you want to buy all of them... My body is ready, but my wallet is not.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I suppose, but at the same time, I presume you get your use out of the figures in the other games as it is a dedicated game to the concept. It really depends on what Amiibo does in other games, so far the whole, "it is your Smash partner" thing does not really sound like it is worth 10 dollars. It sounds extremely gimmicky. Sure, I will buy one for me and one for my sister once they come out to test them out. However, I am not entirely convinced.
But those games require you to buy the figurines to play them at all, so it's really stingy.

Skylanders is a very unspectacular game. It's good enough, but it's not worth forking out more than what you'd pay for any other game. Yet doing so is mandatory.

Disney Infinity actually seems pretty cool in some areas, but lacking in others.

I much prefer Nintendo's method. They're just more of a bonus thing for people who really love the characters, and in all honestly, the way you build up a figure partner in Smash just makes it much more sentimental - build up a figure partner, and play as your Mii. You then are truly fighting alongside your favourite characters, or beating up the ones you hate!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
How much longer is the Treehouse going on? 5 more hours?
Sehn's log (day 53):

"No changes. The Treehouse is still ongoing, cycling endlessly through the same seven or eight games for the past two months. Why do I keep writing these logs? What purpose will they serve? I wonder if I too have been swept in the cycle of the Treehouse Live @ E3.

More Captain Toad coming up. Hope they show off the train level again."

Top Bottom