• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Morbi

Scavenger
But those games require you to buy the figurines to play them at all, so it's really stingy.

Skylanders is a very unspectacular game. It's good enough, but it's not worth forking out more than what you'd pay for any other game. Yet doing so is mandatory.

Disney Infinity actually seems pretty cool in some areas, but lacking in others.

I much prefer Nintendo's method. They're just more of a bonus thing for people who really love the characters, and in all honestly, the way you build up a figure partner in Smash just makes it much more sentimental - build up a figure partner, and play as your Mii. You then are truly fighting alongside your favourite characters, or beating up the ones you hate!
I agree wholeheartedly, I am just asserting that the figures for the other two IP are guaranteed to be "worth" it. Especially if you are invested. They did not really give us any examples of how these will work in other titles like Mario Kart. If it is just gimmicky, I do not see the purpose as they are not game-play related. At that point, they are better suited as collectibles. I am probably going to get Peach and Zelda myself, my sister intends on getting Samus and Pit. After that, depending on whether or not we like them, we might go for Marth.

I am really disappointed in Link. I agree with you to an extent, these figures are of a higher quality. However, I look at Link... and I not so certain that I agree. They butchered the poor guy. I hope that is not the final design.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Really waiting for Earthbound. It doesn't make any sense just to kick them out.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Code name: STEAM and Splatoon character for Smash (5?) anyone? :troll:
But a STEAM character seems feasible though

time to create a new character thread :rotfl:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I remember them saying the NFC figures were "surprisingly high quality." I'm hoping the "surprising" is coming from the high quality for a low price tag...

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I feel they will troll and be like "oh btw we still have these smash announcements K THASSIT. Everything will be revealed when you buy the game. <3

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm glad they're done showing Wooly World, but only because the blonde girl's forced giggles were getting on my nerves.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Wait a second, what if the reasoning behind the separate Smash dates at Best Buy is that they're going to reveal more character between those dates? And that more characters will be playable on June 14 at Best Buy?

The ZeRo AMA teasing...
A COMBination of 6 more fighters...

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I remember them saying the NFC figures were "surprisingly high quality." I'm hoping the "surprising" is coming from the high quality for a low price tag...
They're confirmed to be 10 bucks each.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For those worried about the accumulated price of the Amiibos, they come out in waves, so you won't be spending a hundred quid in one go or anything. There's only 10 or so in the first wave anyway. And the accumulated price only matters if you want to get all of them.

Personally, I have a student grant to back me up, so I will probably get 2 or 3 at first (depends on whether they give one free with the game), and get 1 a month from there, and I should be able to be up to date with them. They only cost €7.11- €11 here.

Top Bottom