• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
The Ridley hint is one of the most suspicious things, that's true.
But supposing the leak is true.. it could be meant to prevent an angered Sakurai. Wasn't he also pissed, because Brawl cutscenes got posted on the Internet?

Not trying to defend the leak, was just trying to find a reason why to choose this ridiculous camera angle.
Also, Sal leak, don't be true. pls. no korus kidz. sal pls don do tis
I think Chorus kids are the ''game and watch'' "ROB'' of this game. That one really weird unexpected character thrown in.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Maybe Lucas was..cut.. *Crickets* I don't think they would cut ROB tbh he is unique wheres Ness and Lucas are kinda similar as well.. so who knows.
What are you talking about? Didn't you see the tether Pick of the Day where it showed Link and Samus using their tethers?

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
You have to fit in that Gematsu leak though. Mii's gotta be in there :/
What if Lucas was cut and Mii will be in Lucas' place and Snake will be in the original Mii's place? With ROB (or someone else, possibly King K rool) being cut as well to add Ice climbers.

Last edited:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Didn't you see the tether Pick of the Day where it showed Link and Samus using their tethers?
Yeah I know but Lucas had a very small tether didn't he? I don't see it being as useful in this game.. unless sakurai gave him a long snake lol.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The Ridley hint is one of the most suspicious things, that's true.
But supposing the leak is true.. it could be meant to prevent an angered Sakurai. Wasn't he also pissed, because Brawl cutscenes got posted on the Internet?

Not trying to defend the leak, was just trying to find a reason why to choose this ridiculous camera angle.
Also, Sal leak, don't be true. pls. no korus kidz. sal pls don do tis
Ok it's true that the person MAY have a beta demo and can do stuff to unlock the characters and the ridley thing could've been a way to hint but not tell to defend the leaker itself.

BUT, why showing the locks at all? if he wanted to prevent himself from lawsuit, why not show ridley but show how many character? It's just weird.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah I know but Lucas had a very small tether didn't he? I don't see it being as useful in this game.. unless sakurai gave him a long snake lol.
He increased the range for Link's and Samus's, so I don't see why not.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, with the addition of K. Rool and Ridley I can suddenly come to peace with the Gematsu leak.

Furthermore, this would also lend to the GameOtaku E3 leak that says we'll see the entire roster at E3. I doubt we'd get such an expansive demo otherwise.

I doubt they'd randomly put Olimar in between two franchises like that, seems rather clashing.
It could, but remember that Olimar is an anagram of Mario with an added L.Until we see more of this filled up, we can't judge it yet.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The third picture posted had Megaman in it, which says that the demos might well have characters you can unlocked out of newcomers/veterans that have already been announced, as a kind of treat to people participating in the events.
I guess? I mean that's kind of a weird thing for a demo to do but that's not impossible. It just makes this feel kinda off.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
I think Chorus kids are the ''game and watch'' "ROB'' of this game. That one really weird unexpected character thrown in.
I'd rather say Wii Fit Trainer is the R.O.B and G&W of this game, representing the Wii, while the other two are representing their systems. (G&W and NES)
I don't see any reason for the Chorus kids to be added. Representatives of the DS? Not quite sure but wouldn't there be more fitting and known characters?
Oh man, I'd really rather have an anticipated character or at least one, that seems to have a reason to be in.

Dott

Smash Ace
People keep saying that you unlock characters via the Demo, and that's the reasonable explanation. *shrugs*

Why would you be able to unlock characters in a demo?
Maybe to keep people playing diferent game modes and not just normal vs, unlocking the characters.

Also, where would be Ness, Lucas and possibly Ninten?

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
@Nightmare. Why do you have Mewtwo in your roster? Just wishful thinking?
It makes sense it goes from Pokemon to Fire emblem so filling in the spots. Mewtwo is obviously highly requested and ''relevant'' again so I don't see why not. Unless they throw in Sceptile to represent gen 3 remake and fill the Fire(zard) , Water(Ninja), Grass(Sceptile) trio... but I think Mewtwo deserves to be in.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think we can call the bottom row the 'rpg row' because the likes of WFT and 3rd Party characters reside there.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe to keep people playing diferent game modes and not just normal vs, unlocking the characters.

Also, where would be Ness, Lucas and possibly Ninten?
Not Ninten, but someone posted like 5 different layouts of where the roster could be.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I guess? I mean that's kind of a weird thing for a demo to do but that's not impossible. It just makes this feel kinda off.
Well, you also have to remember that Sakurai's a pretty eccentric guy, and he's clearly good at that marketing thing. What better thing marketing-wise to do than to give people a paltry offering to start, but then, oh, you're unlocking NEW people to play as the demo goes on!

We also have to remember that the circumstances behind this demo is considerably different from normal demos. I mean, not many fighting games get country-wide demos that are timed, let alone widely publicized events. I don't see this as being as far fetched as people might think.

I would be with you. But the polar bear in Smash Run...
I'd imagine there's lots of franchises that have enemies in Smash Run, though I'm willing to concede that the Polar Bear's pretty solid evidence. Then again.. wasn't that picture taken down and not officially posted? It's possible it was never meant to be shown 'cause the Ice Climbers WERE cut. Too many possibilities to guess. :3

Shroob

Sup?
Another thing to note. Is the top row. While it's all well and good to speculate on K.Rool, I'm not sure we should get our hopes up quite yet about that. We have very, very little reason to believe he'd be on here, unlike the 'Ridley' drop that happened. K.Rool is speculation at best.

@ ChunkyBeef ChunkyBeef

There was also a Polar Bear picture in the press kit.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't think we can call the bottom row the 'rpg row' because the likes of WFT and 3rd Party characters reside there.
The way I look at it, similar things are grouped together.

Mario's all together, which transitions to Kirby. Kirby is associated with Space, so it leads to Star Fox, which would go to F Zero

Sorta logic like that. It's obviously not perfect in this case unlike Brawl, but Brawl operated in columns, this follows more the Melee way of grouping series/genres.

Finalefireworker

Smash Rookie
People throwing around the possibility of any Brawl character besides Snake getting cut need to realize what Ike's confirmation means. Ike was hands down, regardless of how you feel about the character, the most replaceable character in the entire roster.

We also know that Smash 4 began with porting Brawl over to the Wii U. This is why we already have Melee's Jungle Japes (which was in Brawl) and characters like Fox are HD reskins of identical models.

But Ike was not only included, but also given a brand new model that took up development time and energy beyond just his port over to Smash 4.

This should say to everybody that no Brawl characters are intended to be cut for A) The arbitrary concept of roster slots or B) Relevance. Any Brawl characters who are cut from Smash 4 will be because Sakurai explicitly decided not to include them on his own emotional justification.

And it seems unlikely characters he considered priority characters during Brawl's time crunched schedule would be characters he wouldn't intend to include again.

Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut because the mechanic that surrounded their inclusion was removed.

Snake may be cut because of being a third party guest character.

But do not slash away characters like Wolf and Lucas, and especially not Ice Climbers, in the wake of the Ike reveal.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
@Nightmare. Why do you have Mewtwo in your roster? Just wishful thinking?
He's the most likely. At the developer roundtable of XY at E3 last year. Someone asked about Mewtwo in Smash. They said they're thinking about it. Also, they were totally teasing Mewtwo in the Direct with Greninja. I see Mewtwo, Ridley, Pac Man, and Mii being revealed at E3.
Ok it's true that the person MAY have a beta demo and can do stuff to unlock the characters and the ridley thing could've been a way to hint but not tell to defend the leaker itself.

BUT, why showing the locks at all? if he wanted to prevent himself from lawsuit, why not show ridley but show how many character? It's just weird.
It's just simply something new in Smash 4. They're just mixing it up a bit

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Alright, I agree with the possibility that this may be real. However the last thing that confuses me is the fact why would the leaker not show us Ridley if he could? That would make that leak skyrocket to the top. The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't/couldn't have any official looking smash artwork for Ridley. Which this would mean this to be fake. I'm not sure though.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well, you also have to remember that Sakurai's a pretty eccentric guy, and he's clearly good at that marketing thing. What better thing marketing-wise to do than to give people a paltry offering to start, but then, oh, you're unlocking NEW people to play as the demo goes on!

We also have to remember that the circumstances behind this demo is considerably different from normal demos. I mean, not many fighting games get country-wide demos that are timed, let alone widely publicized events. I don't see this as being as far fetched as people might think.
As the demo goes on you get more characters? I could definitely see that if this was a downloadable demo but it's a bit different if it's at a kiosk at Best Buy/Gamestop or whatever where you would probably only be able to play a round and then give up your spot to the next guy in line.

Again, I suppose it's possible and I agree that Sakurai is pretty eccentric but somehow I don't see them doing it that way.

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, I agree with the possibility that this may be real. However the last thing that confuses me is the fact why would the leaker not show us Ridley if he could? That would make that leak skyrocket to the top. The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't/couldn't have any official looking smash artwork for Ridley.
That is a big thing. I consider this roster fake until we see Ridley. If it's never before seen artwork, then yes, I won't be able to deny it's legitimacy, but just teasing us like that is in no way a reason to take this as fact.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Alright, I agree with the possibility that this may be real. However the last thing that confuses me is the fact why would the leaker not show us Ridley if he could? That would make that leak skyrocket to the top. The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't/couldn't have any official looking smash artwork for Ridley.
Showing an unreleased render can be dangerous to, and could also make the legal consequences much harsher. Ridley would be the sole focus of EVERYONE trying to debunk this, real or fake.

Dott

Smash Ace
Guys, can someone upload Never Gonna Give you up with "SMASH BROS DEMO BEST BUY" in the title to youtube?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People throwing around the possibility of any Brawl character besides Snake getting cut need to realize what Ike's confirmation means. Ike was hands down, regardless of how you feel about the character, the most replaceable character in the entire roster.

We also know that Smash 4 began with porting Brawl over to the Wii U. This is why we already have Melee's Jungle Japes (which was in Brawl) and characters like Fox are HD reskins of identical models.

But Ike was not only included, but also given a brand new model that took up development time and energy beyond just his port over to Smash 4.

This should say to everybody that no Brawl characters are intended to be cut for A) The arbitrary concept of roster slots or B) Relevance. Any Brawl characters who are cut from Smash 4 will be because Sakurai explicitly decided not to include them on his own emotional justification.

And it seems unlikely characters he considered priority characters during Brawl's time crunched schedule would be characters he wouldn't intend to include again.

Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut because the mechanic that surrounded their inclusion was removed.

Snake may be cut because of being a third party guest character.

But do not slash away characters like Wolf and Lucas, and especially not Ice Climbers, in the wake of the Ike reveal.
So, instead of potentially having Ice Climbers replace Wolf ROB or Lucas, it'll be someone new. I personally see K Rool being out. And Snake obviously

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
That is a big thing. I consider this roster fake until we see Ridley. If it's never before seen artwork, then yes, I won't be able to deny it's legitimacy, but just teasing us like that is in no way a reason to take this as fact.
That's my stance on it to. The leaker is very good at photoshop to make something this good. However his mistake would be to hint at Ridley, that would be his/her downfall. Any sane person would show us Ridley if they could. Why leak something and not go all the way?

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
There was also a Polar Bear picture in the press kit.
Ah. Well, then, I stand corrected!

As the demo goes on you get more characters? I could definitely see that if this was a downloadable demo but it's a bit different if it's at a kiosk at Best Buy/Gamestop or whatever where you would probably only be able to play a round and then give up your spot to the next guy in line.

Again, I suppose it's possible and I agree that Sakurai is pretty eccentric but somehow I don't see them doing it that way.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. It seems like something Sakurai would do, to me.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Were currently discussing the leak here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/general-rumor-and-leaks-discussion-thread.354188/page-23
You can go if you want to help us disprove it or what not.

Alright, I agree with the possibility that this may be real. However the last thing that confuses me is the fact why would the leaker not show us Ridley if he could? That would make that leak skyrocket to the top. The only explanation I can think of is that he didn't/couldn't have any official looking smash artwork for Ridley. Which this would mean this to be fake. I'm not sure though.
To tease us.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If he's indeed not showing ridley to protect himself, then, if ridley is in, that would make this leak A LOT credible because he wanted to tell important info and I guess with all the controversy surrounding him that is very vital as an info.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Only argument against that is that the leaker was being watched and had to snap a pic fast, as seen in the other pics. You're right though. But the evidence we've found far outweighs the contrary

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I will say that I would be very happy with this many playable characters, although I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Showing an unreleased render can be dangerous to, and could also make the legal consequences much harsher. Ridley would be the sole focus of EVERYONE trying to debunk this, real or fake.
There would be no way to trace it though. I don't think that is a reasonable explanation for why the leaker didn't go all the way.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
4Chan post usually get removed within a day of the post (right guys? I domt use the site much). It getting removed very quickly is usually the doing of a third party or something is up. That's why people leak on 4Chan, because they are anonymous. But this is top info here.
4Chan images only stay up as long as the thread is still there. Once the thread is gone so are the images. Also, there can only be so many threads on a 4Chan board so they will simply be gone over time.

This popped up on 4chan. If it's real, it's likely for the E3 demo, thus why there would be so many locked options. An analysis on it I did on Gamefaqs.
This is fake.
1)Marth is transparent
2)He is in the 2nd player slot but he has the 1P icon on him.

I swear, you all will believe anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom