• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Extra point to the GameOtaku rumor since Hyrule Warriors is the final title of the game, so there's that and the NFC figures it predicted. Hardly anything it can stand on alone to seem legitimate, but here's hoping.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Extra point to the GameOtaku rumor since Hyrule Warriors is the final title of the game, so there's that and the NFC figures it predicted. Hardly anything it can stand on alone to seem legitimate, but here's hoping.
Has the name been comfirmed to be the final Title, though? I mean, it feels kinda obvious since they keep talking about it with that name, but has there been said somewhere that it is the final name?

Also, what GameOtaku rumor? (has not followed this...)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Has the name been comfirmed to be the final Title, though? I mean, it feels kinda obvious since they keep talking about it with that name, but has there been said somewhere that it is the final name?

Also, what GameOtaku rumor? (has not followed this...)
The one from that lonely wordpress blog.

They have made logos for it and everything, which you don't do for temporary titles, and it's also listed as Hyrule Warrior on the Nintendo site when it went up yesterday without any "temp" markings (it's only applied to the box art), so it's most definitely the final title.

Again, it's nothing big and not that hard to guess, so it's not worth putting much emphasis on.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
The one from that lonely wordpress blog.

They have made logos for it and everything, which you don't do for temporary titles, and it's also listed as Hyrule Warrior on the Nintendo site when it went up yesterday without any "temp" markings (it's only applied to the box art), so it's most definitely the final title.

Again, it's nothing big and not that hard to guess, so it's not worth putting much emphasis on.
Awesome. Thank you kindly, Wariofan, I had forgotten about that leak/rumor. ^^ And while it is a easy guess, them having some correct things already makes it much more fun to Think about.

Btw, do you mean that we've seen the HW Boxart yet?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Always thought Hyrule warriors was a good name.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Btw, do you mean that we've seen the HW Boxart yet?
No, we haven't. I just meant that the only place they mention anything is temporary on the Hyrule Warriors site is with the box art, which is currently just a white box with the logo on, which is of course just a placeholder.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

This popped up on 4chan. If it's real, it's likely for the E3 demo, thus why there would be so many locked options. An analysis on it I did on Gamefaqs.

The 3's likely indicate either CPU level (which is the default level) or stocks

This leak would also suggest that we'll get 5 Mario characters, Another Yoshi Island character (this ones suspect but I gotta imagine the main character would start their series row, as it wouldn't make sense to put Diddy before DK). It suggests we could see a 3rd DK rep, though that could also be Olimar, who was grouped with the cute Kirby series in the past. 3 Kirby Reps, Possibly 2-4 Star Fox reps (without another slot filled, its impossible to say)

5 Zelda characters, Either 3 Metroid reps, or ROB or IC would take the second spot between Samus and Pit (Ridley please ;-; ). Could have a 2nd KI rep or that could go to IC/ROB as well.

Pokemon I gotta imagine will get 6 slots, most likely belonging to Jiggs and Mewtwo at this point. Fire Emblem has at least 1 more in Ike, which leaves 3 slots in between that could go to other series or be FE slots. The slot between Sonic and WFT is really odd, though if Chorus Men is a thing, they would make the most sense to go there. It's hard to tell if theres another column or not, if it's symmetrical that would suggest there would be 1 more, as the last column is at the edge of player 4's box, which would be the column that has Luigi Zelda and Zard on the other side. That would suggest 4 3rd party reps, which would likely include Snake and Pac Man

EDIT: I forgot about Wario, he'd likely be after Yoshi.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

This popped up on 4chan. If it's real, it's likely for the E3 demo, thus why there would be so many locked options. An analysis on it I did on Gamefaqs.
I like how this looks, it's really nice and seems like something that would actually be in the game. (this may actually be the case, ofc)
For now, I have a few questions surrounding what appears here, I know you can't answer them but i'd like to put them down for later when they can be.
1. Why Did Metaknight and Dedede switch places? iirc it was kirby meta d3 in brawl, i wonder if it is him being unlockable that's changing this.
2. What does the "colors" section and the 2/4 red bars under free for all mean? what can they do?
3. Why is the CSS showing all these locks instead of just taking on a smaller form like in past games? It could just be the e3 demo thing you've mentioned, which is also why Diddy isn't appearing. (Something to do with his artwork maybe? the direct had brawl artwork)
4. is that an empty space all the way to the right? what about the random option?
Assuming this is legit, it'll all get answered in due time. This is a very interesting find!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

This leak would also suggest that we'll get 5 Mario characters, Another Yoshi Island character (this ones suspect but I gotta imagine the main character would start their series row, as it wouldn't make sense to put Diddy before DK). It suggests we could see a 3rd DK rep, though that could also be Olimar, who was grouped with the cute Kirby series in the past. 3 Kirby Reps, Possibly 2-4 Star Fox reps (without another slot filled, its impossible to say)

5 Zelda characters, Either 3 Metroid reps, or ROB or IC would take the second spot between Samus and Pit (Ridley please ;-; ). Could have a 2nd KI rep or that could go to IC/ROB as well.

Pokemon I gotta imagine will get 6 slots, most likely belonging to Jiggs and Mewtwo at this point. Fire Emblem has at least 1 more in Ike, which leaves 3 slots in between that could go to other series or be FE slots. The slot between Sonic and WFT is really odd, though if Chorus Men is a thing, they would make the most sense to go there. It's hard to tell if theres another column or not, if it's symmetrical that would suggest there would be 1 more, as the last column is at the edge of player 4's box, which would be the column that has Luigi Zelda and Zard on the other side. That would suggest 4 3rd party reps, which would likely include Snake and Pac Man

Euh... someone please help me? I'm so bad to analyse leaks like 50 characters seems plausible but really impressive. This assumes that the random icon is all the way to to bottom right.

Seriously, it looks legit there's additional detail can someone debunk this so that I can legitimately say that it's too good to be true?

Neo Zero

I talk about more in Sal, but the 2/4 bars likely refer to which "Stage" on the menu you're on. Character select would be stage 2, and stage 1 likely is picking the mode. It does suggest there is a 3rd space between Char and Stage though. Colors I think could relate to the news we got in the PotD about team colors just this week, or perhaps a custom color editor. Thinking about stage 3, perhaps its for Custom Movesets? It'd have to be that or items.

On the locks, it's obviously for E3, but it's possible instead of expanding the roster in the full game, it'll just show locks, so players know how many characters are left. It could also mean there are no unlockables period. Well, symmetry as I mentioned would suggest we have rows of 18. That would mean the roster would be 53-54, depending on the random option. Of course, it's possible there is no symmetry, which would make the roster 50-51 slots.

As for Dedede, I can't answer that but if I had to guess, likely because he was promoted early because of Triple Deluxe.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero Seems legit but man 51 characters? That means we have 21 characters left to be revealed if this leak is real.

Going to take a guess here as to which slot is for who:

Mario Reps: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong Reps: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong/King K. Rool
Kirby Reps: Kirby, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight
Starfox Reps: Fox, Falco, Wolf, 4th Starfox Rep (Krystal?)
Zelda Reps: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondolf, Toon Link
Metroid Reps: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Kid Icarus Reps: Pit, 2nd Kid Icarus Rep (Palutena, Medusa, Hades)
Villager
Little Mac
Captain Olimar
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B
Pokemon Reps: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Greninja
Fire Emblem Reps: Marth, Ike, 3rd Fire Emblem Rep (Chrom, Robin)
Mother Reps: Ness, Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii
Sonic
Megaman
Pac-Man
Snake

EDIT: Removed Another 3rd Party Character, added Mii.

Last edited:

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero Seems legit but man 51 characters? That means we have 21 characters left to be revealed if this leak is real.

Going to take a guess here as to which slot is for who:

Mario Reps: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong Reps: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong/King K. Rool
Kirby Reps: Kirby, King DeDeDe, Meta Knight
Starfox Reps: Fox, Falco, Wolf, 4th Starfox Rep (Krystal?)
Zelda Reps: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondolf, Toon Link
Metroid Reps: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley
Kid Icarus Reps: Pit, 2nd Kid Icarus Rep (Palutena, Medusa, Hades)
Villager
Little Mac
Captain Olimar
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B
Pokemon Reps: Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Greninja
Fire Emblem Reps: Marth, Ike, 3rd Fire Emblem Rep (Chrom, Robin)
Mother Reps: Ness, Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Pac-Man
Sonic
Megaman
Snake
Another 3rd Party Character (or Random Select, hard to tell)
Or perhaps Mii for that last one? Pac Man and Snake... oh my gosh...... I'd be overjoyed. I want this to be real. LORD SAKURAI DON'T DISAPPOINT ME. Also, that'd be quite hard to find the right font. For now, I'm mixed with this leak...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

If I'm guessing myself.

5 Mario (confirmed)
Yoshi
Wario
2-3 DK
3 Kirby
Star Fox is really hard to tell. Falcon will go in his row somewhere, either at the end or one slot before that. Possibilities
3 Star Fox/Falcon/Olimar )Best fit for space_
3 Star Fox/Falcon/Black Bull (If F Zero got a newcomer)
4 Star Fox/Falcon (Krystal)
5 Zelda
3 Metroid (My hearts not ready to be hurt again about Ridley Sakurai)
2 KI
1 AC
This leaves 7 slots on the 2nd row to fill. IC/Shulk/ROB/Game and Watch will likely be here, so that leaves 3 to fill. If Sal is right, Chorus Men could go here. As for the last two slots of this row, I have zero idea. I would guess Takamaru as one, the other I have no real guess. Olimar if he's not used on row 1
6 Pokemon
3 Fire Emblem
2 Mother
WFT
Mii
Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Pac Man
Random

If my symmetry idea is correct, this is how things would be laid out.

EDIT: Switched Shulk and Olimar

Last edited:

Prototype

Smash Apprentice

Interesting find! I really like the layout.
The bottom right icon definitely seems to indicate the random button - it has a different hue. Not sure what the 'Colors' section would do.

Only thing that I find odd is that Marth's render is translucent, despite appearing to have been selected.
Also, this implies no new Zelda charcters AGAIN, which makes me sad.

Maybe that mysterious spot next to WFT can go to Tingle representing his own series? :chuckle:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
It's odd, not immediately shown to be photoshopped, and has slight tinges of disappointment.

It's probably real.

I'm guessing it's 18 columns instead of 17 because of symmetry.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true, please let this leak be true.... SNAKE AND PAC MAN. NUFF SAID.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there are 18 columns. The player slots aren't rectangular, so the base of player 1 would be at the far left of the roster, while the top of player 4 would be at the far right. The 'Colors'/'Options' bars also indicate the edge of the roster.
Implies 2 3rd party characters after Sonic followed by the random button.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I'm confident this is fake for 2 reasons:

1. Bowser is no where to be found. He should be to the right of Peach, but why would he be unlockable? It makes sense that Rosalina to be unlockable I guess, but it doesn't make any sense to why Bowser would be.
  2. There is no name under Link, and there should be at least a hint of text, which there isn't. The end of the K should be a bit visible for how long Link's name is. (Link is to the Left of Zelda.)

Last edited:

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
Interesting leak. Real or not, it's making me even more excited!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

1. Bowser is no where to be found. He should be to the right of Peach, but why would he be unlockable? It makes sense that Rosalina to be unlockable I guess, but it doesn't make any sense to why Bowser would be.
  2. There is no name under Link, and there should be at least a hint of text, which there isn't. (Link is to the Left of Zelda.)
I don't think the locks are for unlockable characters (like you said, why would Bowser be unlockable or Diddy or Sheik, etc.). It could just be those characters are locked for the demo. But in that past the locked character slots were just gone leaving a smaller CSS. Like this.

Last edited:

Pieman0920

Smash Master

1. Bowser is no where to be found. He should be left to Peach, but why would he be unlockable? It makes sense that Rosalina to be unlockable I guess, but it doesn't make any sense to why Bowser would be.
  2. There is no name under Link, and there should be at least a hint of text, which there isn't. (Link is to the Left of Zelda.)
1. Popular opinion is that this is a screen of the demo, so anything goes there in terms of who's actually there and who's not. Bowser just might not be in the demo for whatever reason. It certainly doesn't fit the style of Sakurai's starting roster layouts from past games in any case.
2. Ehh, if its fake, I really doubt the faker cut out the side of the screen just to not show that they didn't put the text under Link's name even though they did it for everyone else.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

2. There is no name under Link, and there should be at least a hint of text, which there isn't. The end of the K should be a bit visible for how long Link's name is. (Link is to the Left of Zelda.)
This is likely for the Demo, and maybe the k is just out of frame

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think the locks are for unlockable characters (like you said, why would Bowser be unlockable or Diddy or Sheik, etc.). It could just be those characters are locked for the demo. But in that past the locked character slots were just gone leaving a smaller CSS.
But why would they be locked for the Demo? Especially Bowser, and the newcomers that the game has. Wouldn't the point to be to play as Megaman, Little Mac, and Rosalina since they are the most hype characters? This is totally fishy.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice

I think Bowser would be in the 5th Mario slot, being the villain, right? o:
Also, this is likely implied to be for the Demo version only. I would imagine the starter roster to be larger (Brawl had 21, iirc).

I kinda agree with your point about Link - but it's hard to tell.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think Bowser would be in the 5th Mario slot, being the villain, right? o:
Also, this is likely implied to be for the Demo version only. I would imagine the starter roster to be larger (Brawl had 21, iirc).

I kinda agree with your point about Link - but it's hard to tell.
Probably not, because Rosalina is a newcomer and would most likely be on the far right. However that doesn't change anything because it is VERY strange to have Bowser locked, along with Little Mac, Rosalina, Ike, Greninja, and MEGAMAN!

Why would they leave out the most requested playable characters, including Ike who was JUST ANNOUNCED. It seems to be that this leak was made a week ago or so, and he now released it forgetting to put in Ike.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
But why would they be locked for the Demo? Especially Bowser, and the newcomers that the game has. Wouldn't the point to be to play as Megaman, Little Mac, and Rosalina since they are the most hype characters? This is totally fishy.
You couldn't play as Wario in the Brawl Demo, or Snake

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, if true, that means that the only way Paper Mario is playable, it needs to have his own series but again he should have been near the mario group which doesn't seem possible since wario is probably there.

EDIT: oh the picture above sugest a fake what is going on?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
New pic was just posted
Okay, now something is really weird. Why would Mega Man and Little Mac be suddenly unlocked? Also what is up with the number 3s at the bottom? I'm 100% sure this is fake. Also what's that bull**** Ridley hint next to Pit. It looks so shotily made in an instant when he realized his mistakes.

Last edited:

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
It could be that Bowser and some others are locked due to "possible" bugs or things not being finalized. Bowser may play a bit different due to his stance being changed and it may look some things look funny.

I'm just making stuff up obviously but theres just a hint of a possibility that bugs or things not being finalized maybe a factor in why some obvious characters are not available in the demo

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Can't tell, but the blueish tint might hint towards Anthony.

But if this happens, the suicide rate on the globe will suddenly rise to 2500 suicides per second and I doubt Sakurai would let that happen.

Last edited:

Lanuigi

Smash Cadet
Okay, now something is really weird. Why would Mega Man and Little Mac be suddenly unlocked? Also what is up with the number 3s at the bottom? I'm 100% sure this is fake. Also what's that bull**** Ridley hint next to Pit. It looks so shotily made in an instant when he realized his mistakes.

Yeah why is Megaman unlocked now? Was this the same person who posted the first two pictures?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah why is Megaman unlocked now? Was this the same person who posted the first two pictures?
Okay, now we have proof this is fake:

1. The odd disappearance of Bowser, Little Mac, Ike, Rosalina, Greninja, and Little Mac.
2. Link's name is not there when it should be a bit visible.
3. The weird number 3s near the bottom.
4. Little Mac and Megaman are randomly unlocked, with a "Y" with Purple clearly signifying Ridley to be also unlocked. It also looks VERY bad, and looks like a cluster of pixels than a portrait.

This is sooooo fake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom