• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That was part of the digital event earlier. It's a screencap of that particular NFC showcase referring to Smash.

Welp, the day Chorus Men get confirmed is the day I admit I'm wrong.

Only problem is if I'm right, not a single person's going to admit it, so it's a one-way street.

The Japanese site updated. Go check it out, it's pretty cool.

I'd imagine there's more to come, yeah. Sal's leaker said we're supposed to see four more characters, but we all know what happened last E3, right? When they announced all the characters on the leak.. oh, wait, they didn't. Hm.
My hype died when I saw "Mii Fighter." Then when Pac-Man didn't show up it shot up again, so I'm cautious. Its almost like the guy works at E3 or something and is able to get this info close to these times when its being set up.

Well, at least if the leak is legit, we've got DLC characters. :p

That said, and although most people disagree with me, I like what they did with Mii's. Making Mii's clones of existing characters is the BEST way to handle it. However, once against there's something sketchy with Gematsu, that being how the leaker says "they're not sure if Lucas or Ness are coming back." That I call BS on, by now they'd already KNOW whose coming back. Its almost like he's got some info, but the rest he's making up as he goes.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Did anyone else find it weird when they randomly zoomed into Palutena's boobs?
View attachment 15881
Not at all. Japanese love their waifu.

My hype died when I saw "Mii Fighter." Then when Pac-Man didn't show up it shot up again, so I'm cautious. Its almost like the guy works at E3 or something and is able to get this info close to these times when its being set up.
The guy most likely works in marketing and public relations. There's literally no other way for him to have access to information like that short of being a developer, and they have more respect than to leak important details of their hard work being kept secret like that.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"Goddess Palutena" = fake.

You don't get key details like that wrong.
But he get's Mii Fighter right. I'm just not gonna address Sal leak naysayers anymore. You guys are like stubborn little children who are crying because a character they don't want in the game is in. Deal with it and grow up.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
But he get's Mii Fighter right. I'm just not gonna address Sal leak naysayers anymore. You guys are like stubborn little children who are crying because a character they don't want in the game is in. Deal with it and grow up.
The same logic applied to making it "legit" essentially labels it as a fake.

No matter how you slice it, he just got a huge key detail wrong. Therefore, the leak is fake.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Like it matters if the Gematsu Leak is right. Once the leaker confirmed post-launch character DLC I stopped giving a crap, 'cause all the characters people actually want to play are going to be there.

Not that I approve of that, but still. At the end of the day, there's hope for Smash. That, and the guy clearly doesn't have access to all the information, so there's more to the game than he's letting on.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not at all. Japanese love their waifu.

The guy most likely works in marketing and public relations. There's literally no other way for him to have access to information like that short of being a developer, and they have more respect than to leak important details of their hard work being kept secret like that.
I agree. There's NO WAY this guy is a developer, which also means he definitely doesn't see the bigger picture. Its incredibly possible that only some of his information is accurate, so we'll have to see. Which just means there's no way to tell what stuff he's got right and what stuff he's got wrong (or outright lied about, which is also possible). A few reveals will seal the deal for me on Gematsu, but if he gets something wrong, I'm not going to believe anything else because even though he has info, doesn't mean he's got everything. Most leaks are 100% accurate.

"Goddess Palutena" = fake.

You don't get key details like that wrong.
Please don't argue something like this. He got several things right. Its still possible the rest is accurate. We need a DISCONFIRMATION, not getting names wrong. If Pac-Man isn't at E3 I'll safely say Gematsu is wrong, though. Pac-Man already missed a key showcase.

Like it matters if the Gematsu Leak is right. Once the leaker confirmed post-launch character DLC I stopped giving a crap, 'cause all the characters people actually want to play are going to be there.

Not that I approve of that, but still. At the end of the day, there's hope for Smash. That, and the guy clearly doesn't have access to all the information, so there's more to the game than he's letting on.
Pretty much. Either the leaker is wrong, or we'll get post-release character DLC, so its win-win either way.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My point is at the ridiculousness of calling it legit because he called it "Mii Fighter".

"Goddess Palutena", using the same logic, completely debunks the leak.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
My point is at the ridiculousness of calling it legit because he called it "Mii Fighter".

You ever just get so shocked by someone's stubbornness and complete ignorance that you can't even find the words to describe how dumb their point was? I'm there right now.

There ya go. See that's what I've been telling you. It's real but the guy obviously does not know everything. He just knows some very accurate stuff.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Your avatar mixed with this comment is priceless.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Pretty much. Either the leaker is wrong, or we'll get post-release character DLC, so its win-win either way.
In fact, I'm actually kinda rooting for the leak. Character DLC is something people have been wanting since Brawl. Now that there's a legitimate chance of it happening, along with Bamco behind them who are no strangers to fighting games and DLC for those fighting games, I'm actually kinda stoked that this might be real.

I don't necessarily care for Chorus Men, but Sakurai showed me Palutena, who I actually was totally fine with, and then Mii's, and blew me away with both of them. Plus, the T&A in the Palutena trailer was a bonus.

There ya go. See that's what I've been telling you. It's real but the guy obviously does not know everything. He just knows some very accurate stuff.
I think we finally see eye-to-eye here, Con0rrrr.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Leakerbros was full of it (Retro presenting Star tropics? No where to be seen) and I think Sals tipster was simply leading him on; it wouldn't be the first time for a leading gaming website to be trolled professionally with educated guesses

Correct me if in wrong but didn't leakerbro also say the movesets are customizable and are familiar to that of other fighters in the roster? I don't have the original script in front of me but I vaguely remember someone here quoting that. There were a few moves that looked familiar like DKs front and back punch/kick, the Samus arm canon, aerial attack link used, etc

Shroob

Sup?
In fact, I'm actually kinda rooting for the leak. Character DLC is something people have been wanting since Brawl. Now that there's a legitimate chance of it happening, along with Bamco behind them who are no strangers to fighting games and DLC for those fighting games, I'm actually kinda stoked that this might be real.

I don't necessarily care for Chorus Men, but Sakurai showed me Palutena, who I actually was totally fine with, and then Mii's, and blew me away with both of them. Plus, the T&A in the Palutena trailer was a bonus.

I'm glad we can agree on one thing. Goddess T&A is very much appreciated.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
So going back to the Riddle leak...potentially...

Hand-cannons = Mii fighter
Originals! Also, tentacles = Splatoon

Mii Fighters (3) + Palutena (1) = 2 more characters if we're going to believe the "A COMBination of 6 more fighters!" referring to Smash.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
We already knew about amiibo and the October release two weeks ago.

NFC in Sm4sh Wii U - “And on the output side of games produced by Nintendo, there will obviously be the fighting game Super Smash Bros. E3 is also an opportunity to show the use of NFC technology [used in Skylanders and Disney Infinity , allowing the use of real objects - here, figurines - in video games] in Nintendo consoles. The NFC will be used in the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros .”

Release Date of Sm4sh 3DS - “At year end, we will have two very headlines, Super Smash Bros in October and remakes of Pokémon Sapphire and Ruby in November.” (This comes from the 3DS part of the interview so he is referring to Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo 3DS in this part)

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice

Mii Fighters (3) + Palutena (1) = 2 more characters if we're going to believe the "A COMBination of 6 more fighters!" referring to Smash.
What is the Riddle leak? Where did it come from?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm actually kinda bummed that Sal's leak is looking as if it probably isn't true. Character DLC would have been a huge concern relieved for pretty much everyone here.

Shroob

Sup?

Pac Man and a veteran tonight?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So... looking good Sal leak? :(

I'm good with Palutena, and Miis seem better than I expected. Leave it to Sakurai to hype you up for characters you weren't ready to get hyped about or you flat out hated the idea of becoming playable characters.

I mean heck... worst case scenario, I can make my own TMNT characters. :p
And Vectorman, Pulseman, Protoman, etc.

I wonder what the status on LeakerBros' leaks are... No Retro game was shown... I'm on the edge.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Out of the remaining leaked characters I still don't want Chrom. I guess if they can make him unique, but...

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
So, the Sal leak gets less and less doubtful. Mii's look cool even though I don't exactly find them visually appealing. Now I just resign myself to defeat so I'm not bummed when Pacman shows up. On the bright side, if they do show all the Sal newcomers at e3, we're likely to get more down the line. Going 4 months with no newcomers would seem strange, and it seems unlikely, to me at least, that they would show all the newcomers pre - launch.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Depends if Mii Fighters count as 3, it's technically just 1 character with 3 movesets. I'd be surprised if we don't see any veteran reveals at all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Depends if Mii Fighters count as 3, it's technically just 1 character with 3 movesets. I'd be surprised if we don't see any veteran reveals at all.
I don't think so, they're all just clones of existing fighters anyway.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Uh, what? Some of the moves are similar but they're not clones of anyone specifically. Also, pretty sure I saw somewhere that each fighter had 3 variations of all their special moves, hence Sakurai saying that it would take 9 regular characters to give that much variation.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Miis were not clones of any existing characters.. But I am completely convinced by the Sal leak (I always was but I had doubts) and I am rooting for all of it to be true

polonight

Smash Journeyman
How are they clones, One uses an arm cannon for their ENTIRE move-set, one uses a VARIETY of physical kicks and punches and one uses a sword. I'd say we need more info before we go assuming things. From what I've seen they haven't cloned anybody, especially with 4 different moves for each "B" move. I don't understand how a clone can have 4 completely different moves which are transferable. You can make it a clone, if you want, but its most likely going to be unique.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Nope. Japan is full of perverts and this isn't a surprise

At this point, it's making me more and more concerned for Lucas with these leaks. Shouldn't really be concerned, but damn
Thing is if you believe lucas is being cut then you are believing the leak that has DLC so its win win...I'm sure he'd be on the top of the list.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
How are they clones, One uses an arm cannon for their ENTIRE move-set, one uses a VARIETY of physical kicks and punches and one uses a sword. I'd say we need more info before we go assuming things. From what I've seen they haven't cloned anybody, especially with 4 different moves for each "B" move. I don't understand how a clone can have 4 completely different moves which are transferable. You can make it a clone, if you want, but its most likely going to be unique.
They look like Link (without a shield), Little Mac, and Samus.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
what is this DLC leak you guys are talking about?
Gematsu's leaker updated and leaked "Mii Fighter", "Goddess Palutena", Pac-Man, Chorus Men, Chrom, and Shulk once again.

It also stated they're not sure if either Lucas or Ness will be cut but it'll probably be Lucas, and post-release character DLC will happen. I think it also said 4 characters would be announced at E3, but it didn't say if they were part of this leak or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom