• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man Ninty is so winning this one this year

Ninty:

Wii2
New SSB
New Pikmin
Etc

Sony:
Another Wii rip off peripheral
Giant enemy crabs
Final Fantasy #.... what number are we on?
Etc

Microsoft:
More boring kinect games
Gears 3
MW3 and the other CoD game
And then some other wii semi rip off

Yeah I like Ninty's chances this year

I really hope they show off more of Sonic Generations I'm really hyped to see an enemy that's not eggman or some variation of him because he's tiring me already

:phone:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well there's a link back a couple of pages or in another thread about Ninty's conference but I'm too lazy to look for it

Sony and Microsoft I'm either spitballing, or I'm already confident they'll talk about certain games like GoW3 and CoD like always

finalark

SNORLAX
Well there's a link back a couple of pages or in another thread about Ninty's conference but I'm too lazy to look for it
All we know (at least, to my knowledge) as far as Nintendo goes is that they will reveal the cafe and that the entire line up will be western developed (THANK GOD). I'm pretty sure they haven't announced any specific games that will be there yet.

Sony and Microsoft I'm either spitballing, or I'm already confident they'll talk about certain games like GoW3 and CoD like always
I disagree with a few things as far as your MS and Sony speculation goes. My predictions:

Sony:

- More on Twisted Metal
- NGP Blowout
- Resistance 3
- Uncharted 3
- Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
- More on Last Guardian

I'm pretty sure that they're gonna drop the Move, as most people I know agree that the damn thing is stupid. We might see some 3D ****, but I'm confident a fair amount of their presentation will focus on the NGP and their upcoming exclusives.

Microsoft:

- Gears of War 3
- Perhaps another Lionhead game
- Miscellaneous new XBL features
- New CoD
- Metal Gear Rising
- Hinting at the 720

I really don't think that MS will try and embarrass themselves again this year like they did last year, as Sony has averted another E3 '06 year after year by throwing in at least a few saving graces. I believe that the 720 will be hinted at, if not outright announced, as the 360's hardware is aging and MS's competitors are both putting out consoles focusing on a core audience.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if Super Mario 3DS will be like SM64? That new Zelda game seems interesting. The sports games might make a hype. Though it doesn't surprise me IF they mention about Sony's incident.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Here's the First of the Annual Batch of Pre-E3 Zelda Rumors

Source: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...annual-batch-of-pre-e3-zelda-rumors.html#more

1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.

2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.

3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."

4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.

5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.

6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.

7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)

8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.

9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)

10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.

12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I tought The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was gonna be realest around June lol I guess I was wrong

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
June 6th (One day before E3 2011):

Microsoft's conference: 9 AM PST =/= 12 PM EST
Sony's conference: 5 PM PST =/= 8 PM EST

June 7th:

Nintendo's conference: 9 AM PST =/= 12 PM EST (I'll be missing this cause I have grad on that day in the morning...:urg:)

Guess I'll have to read up on all the gaming news and tidbits when I get home.

EDIT: Gonna edit the OP with all this information and where you can watch it live.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Only thing that matters to me:

"Hail to the king, baby."

I'd post the E3'11 trailer link Machinima just uploaded today, but it would probably get me in trouble. Breaking SWF rules and whatnot. :|

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well, the big day is almost here, anybody attending E3?

personally, I think Apple is creeping up slowly in the video game corner, and Nintendo finally realised that we are in a modern age of gaming, analog sources such as the Wii aren't going to cut for much longer, especially since it's missing out on potential multi-platform games, think about: with Wii's limited 480p capabilities it can only play so much.., which ain't a problem for PS3 and XBOX 360 nowadays.

I hope Nintendo finally thought of this and can move on to HD standards, i know, iknow, it's not all about the graphics but it wouldn't hurt to upgrade it mechanism in an era where SD content is sadly not being produced.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm glad that I don't need to ever purchase a PSP now, with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker coming in HD to 360/PS3...with Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater in HD in the same collection, too.

Kojima = LOVE.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm glad that I don't need to ever purchase a PSP now, with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker coming in HD to 360/PS3...with Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater in HD in the same collection, too.

Kojima = LOVE.
I'm definitely going to be picking that up. HD versions and also Peace Walker on a console is a preorder from me.
Can't wait to get the ZoE HD collection as well.

OmegaXXII

Wow, Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater in HD!!?

Now that's something to be joyful about.

Any release date info?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'll probably be picking up this HD collection of games. The only MGS game I've ever played was TTS on my GCN.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All that was said on a release date for the MGS collection was November 2011. Which makes sense to capitalize on the holiday season. Zone of the Enders collection in 2012.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Peace walker on a console is win. so would be Dissidia Duodecim and Birth by Sleep, but.... is the jury still out on everything?

I have all the Metal Gears sans Portable Ops and Peace Walker, but I do want to play peace Walker on my PS3. :)

Atlus8

Smash Master
Here's a warning for you guys picking up ZoE HD Collection on PS3! Your R2 trigger is gonna get PLENTY of abuse and will most likely loosen up to the point where it presses itself when playing with the controller! Happened to one of my friends controller when I let him borrow The 2nd Runner! The L2 and R2 triggers are just garbage on the DualShock 3!

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
ZOE = Zone of the Enders, Hideo Kojima's OTHER franchise with Konami.
Haven't played it(the games are rare), but I want to.

OmegaXXII

I'm looking forward to hearing/learning more about Project Cafe, what 3DS games are being planned and what Activision/Infinity Ward and co. are doing for MW3.
I'm very curious as well, what is this "Project Cafe" that you guys keep mentioning about?

I just fell in love with Kojima again and the fact the I've never played neither Sons of Liberty or Snake Eater makes it more exciting! :)

finalark

SNORLAX
ZOE = Zone of the Enders, Hideo Kojima's OTHER franchise with Konami.
Haven't played it(the games are rare), but I want to.
Ah yes, I've wanted to give Zone of the Enders a shot for a while now but I've only been able to find a copy of the first game and the disk was scratched beyond repair and to the point of unplayability.

Also, in relation to Konami's conference last year. The only things I remember are "ONE MIRRION TROOBS!" and "If you just press X Y X Y X Y, you will be sucked." That and the masked wrestlers.

I'm very curious as well, what is this "Project Cafe" that you guys keep mentioning about?
Project Cafe is the confirmed code name for Nintendo's successor to the Wii, which will be shown in full at E3 this year.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I can't wait for Nintendo, tbh. I also can't wait to hear the small things Square Enix is doing. I like them (despite the ******** things they've done), an I really want to see their main franchise make a turn for the better.

If XIII-2 is good, that might be a signal (I liked 13, so whatevs)

OmegaXXII

whoa!

That's awesome!! Thanks for the link, I will be looking into this further. :)

Unfortunetly for me, I was a bit out of touch gaming wise but now I back to good ol' SWF

OmegaXXII

Then play dissidia, but then again I bet you already have if you're complaining.

I hope Square goes big at E3 by finally showcasing the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3! It's been 5+ yrs already.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
All the add ons they keep making are suffocating the series, too. If KH3 is announced, they should make KH1/2 pack with trophies, etc. Like God of War Collection. that would be so freaking epic.

Monday 7pm CST I can watch Sony's E3 from PSHOME. XD

OmegaXXII

All the add ons they keep making are suffocating the series, too. If KH3 is announced, they should make KH1/2 pack with trophies, etc. Like God of War Collection. that would be so freaking epicXD
yes!! this should happen, at least if square can't deliver a 3rd sequel at, the least they could do is keep us busy with new trophies all while HD!!

But yes, e3 is almost here! hopefully some cool games come out for PS3/project cafe

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty excited for Monday, can't wait to see what Microsoft has in-store. (Not looking forward to the inevitable Kinect part of their conference tho...)

Rumour is that they'll release a new 360 SKU model. 500 GB HDD one for $300 and do a permanent price drop for the 250 GB HDD one to $200 and the 4 GB Arcade one to $125-150.

I hope they do since I'm in the market for a new 360 since mine broke. AGAIN. For the third time. :mad:

Also looking forward to Nintendo's conference, too bad I'll miss it since I have grad on Tuesday. :S

OmegaXXII

Rumour is that they'll release a new 360 SKU model. 500 GB HDD one for $300 and do a permanent price drop for the 250 GB HDD one to $200 and the 4 GB Arcade one to $125-150.

I hope they do since I'm in the market for a new 360 since mine broke. AGAIN. For the third time. :mad:
Lol, do you keep breaking them when you lose in a game? Cough**Marvel...**v*cough* 3

but yea graduation sucks, especially during an intense gaming event lime e3 hits around the same time.

Looking forward to your updated details ;)

Top Bottom