• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thing is green kirby, its not that I dont expect a new zelda, mario, metroid, star fox, hell id be surprised if theyre NOT working on ALL of their franchises... BUT its not that we wanted to heard theyre working on it, we wanted to SEE it, be it with teasers or anything, we just wanted a GLIMPSE and what were saying...

NEVER have I tought nintendo is NOT working on the titles, but what I, we, even guys like IGN and Kombo expected was trailers, pics, a logo, ANYTHING, we didnt expect a near final build of the game, just visual evidence and stuff that would fuel the fans and make us happy... THATS what we wanted...

KirbyForAll

Smash Apprentice
umm, kevin just said that Microsoft should be announcing a new system in 2 years.....
I know its just a guess, but I was on the verge of buying a 360 in August and now I'm thinking twice because I don't want to have to buy a new one so soon.

Do you think he's right?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't know why they would be announcing a new console when the "Console Wars" are still hot off the plate, with a library of almost 1,000 games they are probably going to stick with the 360 for a long while.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
See, a very small subset off the games that they have.

There. Satisfied? That's why Nintendo's conference was lackluster even by E3's standards. They haven't abandoned us. And if they have, they sure do hide it very well.

Now can we please, PLEASE, discuss about something ELSE that's happened/happening on E3?
Obviously they're not going to say "Hey, that's the end of E3, we have no more games, see you around" they're going to want to make it sound good.

Anyway, I checked out some PC games that were at E3 and I have to say, PC had a strong showing, sure most of them were shooters [I love shooters] but that doesn't make the line-up any weaker. They had S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky, Dark Void [very interesting adventure/shooter], Pure, Project origin and a host of other games. I'm really thinking about making the leap to PC now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't know why they would be announcing a new console when the "Console Wars" are still hot off the plate, with a library of almost 1,000 games they are probably going to stick with the 360 for a long while.
The only reason I see fit is so they can iron out the console (meaning no rushing it) so all of the problems that people have had with the 360 would not arise. Still, it is a little too early.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
More like shouldn't they be dropping Final Fantasy altogether by now?
what? are you kidding me? why would square drop the series that has basically single handedly carried it into popularity?

I admit the games seem to have gotten worse now that they are "experimenting" more. And with Uematsu gone the music definitely seems to have sucked it up. but I have high hopes for FFXIII. It looks pretty amazing, and I haven't seen the new trailers from E3(if there are any) but the ones I have seen make it seem like it just might be a final fantasy in full real time like FFXII, but much better.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There were plenty cryptic messages by Microsoft AND Nintendo that wanted to put a much shorter gen on this one. So, in theory all we'd get is an XBox 360² and a Wii² versus a full-fledged console with the idea that it will just take what 360s and Wiis did a bit further. Sony is still committed to a 10-year console race.

Puddin

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to see upcoming games for wii/ds here they are, and make sure you have kleenex handy
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=204768
I lost all hope. . .
BUILD-A-BEAR Workshop-A Friend Fur All Seasons

BRATZ KIDZ- SLUMBER PARTY

Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball

Bratz: Girlz Really Rock

Don't worry we have such quality titles to looks forward to.

/Sarcasm

We Cheer

Uhm I believe it's spelled Wii* Jeez Namco get it right.

Sigh, Nintendo could have at least announced a few core titles to keep us going until 09'

I guess it's not all bad =\ de Blob looks like it might be worth our time, and we're getting a Kirby DS game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm wondering what would it feel like to know you have to work on such a crappy game until it's released.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm wondering what would it feel like to know you have to work on such a crappy game until it's released.
I'm sure they're motivation is all the money they will get from all the ten year old girls buying Build-A-Bear and Bratz, and all the annoying people in the world who think it's cool to argue Pirates vs. Ninjas.

But let's keep the discussion E3, even though it's over. According to the G4 audience, Microsoft won E3 but I disagree I think everybody lost E3 and the real winners are the casual gamers having a seizure of excitement from the announcement of WiiMusic and WiiSports Resort...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Maybe the ability to add the VC games you've purchased to AC:CF? I mean you know the game is going to cost around 40 dollars, and each of the RETRO games are only 500 points, 5 dollars so maybe something like the Brawl classic game demos.
I came up with an idea like this, and posted it in the "Animal Crossing: City Folk" thread.

2. Retro games

Obviously, Nintendo can't really give NES games back or introduce SNES games, since that would cost them money. However, there could be a way to import the VC games you've bought into Animal Crossing Wii. Tom Nook could sell the various systems--NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbografix (perhaps even a Wii to play WiiWare on?). Once you buy a system, the games you own for VC that are on your Wii would automatically be playable on the system. In other words, there wouldn't be a separate system for each game, you'd interact with the console and it would ask you "Which game would you like to play?" and show you all of the games you're able to.
:mad: How dare you!

A casual player is not going to put in the amount of time it takes to get all the fish, bugs, paintings, and complete the catalog.
Yes, that's true, and while hardcore gamers like Animal Crossing as well, Animal Crossing is very appealing to casuals and Nintendo is certainly not going to pass up the opportunity to give THEM what they want in the game more than us. I agree that Animal Crossing should not be deemed casual, but he has a point.

Thing is green kirby, its not that I dont expect a new zelda, mario, metroid, star fox, hell id be surprised if theyre NOT working on ALL of their franchises... BUT its not that we wanted to heard theyre working on it, we wanted to SEE it, be it with teasers or anything, we just wanted a GLIMPSE and what were saying...

NEVER have I tought nintendo is NOT working on the titles, but what I, we, even guys like IGN and Kombo expected was trailers, pics, a logo, ANYTHING, we didnt expect a near final build of the game, just visual evidence and stuff that would fuel the fans and make us happy... THATS what we wanted...
Yeah, I agree. I would've loved to see a HINT of a new Metroid game, even ONE SCREENSHOT for a new handheld would be awesome. Especially if it's 2D. Or, if it's 3D, I'd like to know so I can drop my hopes and expectations now.

what? are you kidding me? why would square drop the series that has basically single handedly carried it into popularity?

I admit the games seem to have gotten worse now that they are "experimenting" more. And with Uematsu gone the music definitely seems to have sucked it up. but I have high hopes for FFXIII. It looks pretty amazing, and I haven't seen the new trailers from E3(if there are any) but the ones I have seen make it seem like it just might be a final fantasy in full real time like FFXII, but much better.
I think that Final Fantasy needs to stop already; in my opinion, it's just overrated. *Puts up flame armor* But you're right, it'd be stupid for them to drop it, because they're going to make a ton of money off of it regardless.

Oh, and Puddin, I completely agree. Everyone lost E3, except for the godforsaken casuals. It's at times like this I feel like hitting them in the face with a baseball bat.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Excuse Me one Second, I need to freak out about what Rare said at E3.

AAHHHHHHH!

HOLYCRAP! THE ORIGINAL BANJO-KAZOOIE IS COMING TO XBOX LIVE ARCADE!!! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

Not to mention we got a ton of info about Nuts-and-bolts. I was kind of disappointed by Nintendo's performance this year, but Microsoft (or rather Rares) more than makes up for it!

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh, and Puddin, I completely agree. Everyone lost E3, except for the godforsaken casuals. It's at times like this I feel like hitting them in the face with a baseball bat.
Hahaha, then just pick up a Wiimote and whack away with Wiisports baseball.

Ahh I keep getting off topic... More E3 discussion

Well it looks like the only core game we'll be getting this year is Animal Crossing, so we'll have to make do with that but what 3rd party titles are you guys looking forward too....if any...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Well it looks like the only core game we'll be getting this year is Animal Crossing, so we'll have to make do with that but what 3rd party titles are you guys looking forward too....if any...
The Conduit for Nintendo consoles, Ratchet and Clank: Booty Calls for the PSN, and Mag and Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3.

I couldn't care less about the 360, because not only do I not have one, but all there good games are as good as the Wii and the PS3's good games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The conduit looks like a great game:

360 graphics
great little details like reflection in ur scope when ur not using it
real cool weapons
voice chat
great controls

this practically nintendos Halo right here...

I wish we can get customizable characters in multiplayer LIKE in halo, id kill for a helmet and black armor, with yellow or red lights XD

Puddin

Smash Lord
I couldn't care less about the 360, because not only do I not have one, but all there good games are as good as the Wii and the PS3's good games.
You better put up your Halo Fan flame shield, or prepare for the rage of frat boys everywhere as they bash you for saying such things about Gears of War.

I'm looking forward to de Blob for the Wii, Harvest Moon and of course Ghostbusters for the PS3...not the Wii. And Wario Land: Shake It

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Please keep hyping The Conduit. It's going to fall so flat on its face it's going to be fantastic.

Spire

III
BRoomer

MUSHROOM MEN

I've been following that game since it was first being developed for 360/PS3 (despite me not owning either) about a year and a half ago. I just love how it became a Wii/DS exclusive. Plus, LES CLAYPOOL is scoring the game! Holy mackerel!

On another note, I would like to point out some titles that stood out to me:
  • Madagascar Escape 2 Africa Video Game
  • Monsters vs. Aliens Video Game
  • Neopets Puzzle Adventure
  • Disney Sing It!
  • High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE!
  • Disney TH!NK Fast
  • Littlest Pet Shop
  • Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
  • Pet Pals: Animal Doctor
  • BUILD-A-BEAR Workshop-A Friend Fur All Seasons
  • BRATZ KIDZ- SLUMBER PARTY
  • The Naked Brothers Band: The Videogame
  • Bratz: Girlz Really Rock
  • Ener-G Dance Squad
  • Petz Dogz Sports
  • Petz Monkeyz House (working title)
And a bunch of other **** - EPIC FAIL GOD****IT.

On another note, I now see that Gamecock is publishing both Mushroom Men (I want) and "Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball" (no). Fortunately, it's Red Fly Studios that's making Mushroom Men and Ghostbusters, so I doubt they're making that Godforsaken internet battling fad game.

On ONE LAST NOTE, seeing the return of Freddi Fish and Pajama Sam drew a smile from my younger days. If only they'd bring back Putt-Putt. He kicked all kinds of ***.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
  • Madagascar Escape 2 Africa Video Game
  • Monsters vs. Aliens Video Game
  • Neopets Puzzle Adventure
  • Disney Sing It!
  • High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE!
  • Disney TH!NK Fast
  • Littlest Pet Shop
  • Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
  • Pet Pals: Animal Doctor
  • BUILD-A-BEAR Workshop-A Friend Fur All Seasons
  • BRATZ KIDZ- SLUMBER PARTY
  • The Naked Brothers Band: The Videogame
  • Bratz: Girlz Really Rock
  • Ener-G Dance Squad
  • Petz Dogz Sports
  • Petz Monkeyz House (working title)
That list is so craptastic it makes me want to shoot myself. Or my Wii. Or Nintendo. Or all three. Or maybe just the last two.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
To crush your poor heart that's hoping the game is the second coming.
I don't think anyone thinks it's the second coming. It looks like it could be a decent game, and some people choose to have hope that it will be decent, given the bad selection of Wii games thus far. I don't think it's too much to want a good game and to not get bashed for doing so.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Please stop the preaching.
You're the mod. You should be preaching.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it here, so if you want to go and rain on my parade PM me and flame the Conduit there.

EDIT: Having fun editing your post, Cashed?

Here's the list of games appearing on Sony consoles that were announced at E3:

2K Games
BioShock (PS3)
Borderlands (PS3)

2K Sports
NBA 2K9 (PS2, PS3)
NHL 2K9 (PS2, PS3)

Bethesda Softworks
Fallout 3 (PS3)

Capcom
Bionic Commando (PS3)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (PS3)
Capcom Project #1 [untitled] (other)
Capcom Project #2 [untitled] (other)
Dark Void (PS3)
MotoGP 08 (other)
Plunder (PS3)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3)

Codemasters
****ation (PS3)
Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (PS3)
Rise of the Argonauts (PS3)
Crave Entertainment
Ford Racing Off Road (PS2, PSP)
PBR: Out of the Chute (PS2)

D3 Publisher
Ben 10: Alien Force -- The Game (PS2, PSP)

Disney Interactive Studios
High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (PS2)
Pure (PS3)
Eidos Interactive
Just Cause 2 (PS3)
Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3)

Electronic Arts
Dead Space (PS3)
FaceBreaker (PS3)
Madden NFL 09 (PS3)
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (PS3)
Mirror's Edge (PS3)
NBA Live 09 (PS3)
NCAA Football 09 (PS3)
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest (PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (PS3,PSP)

Gamecock
Legendary (PS3)
Midway Games
Blitz: The League II (PS3)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3)
TNA iMPACT! (PS2, PS3)
This is Vegas (PS3)
Wheelman (PS3)
Namco Bandai
Soulcalibur IV (PS3)

Sony Computer Entertainment
Killzone 2 (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 [PSN] (PS3)
SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)

Sony Online Entertainment
Free Realms (PS3)
The Agency (PS3)
SouthPeak Interactive
B-Boy (PS2, PSP)
Edge of Twilight (PS3)
Monster Madness: Grave Danger (PS3)

THQ
Baja: Edge of Control (PS3)
Darksiders: Wrath of War (PS3)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (PS3)
Saints Row 2 (PS3)
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (PS3)

Warner Bros. Interactive
LEGO Batman: The Videogame (PS2, PS3, PSP)
Project Origin (PS3)

XSEED Games
Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)

Pretty good list except for the craptastic Disney/Cartoon network games in the middle there. Your take on this?

BentoBox

Smash Master
The conduit looks like a great game:

360 graphics
great little details like reflection in ur scope when ur not using it
real cool weapons
voice chat
great controls

this practically nintendos Halo right here...

I wish we can get customizable characters in multiplayer LIKE in halo, id kill for a helmet and black armor, with yellow or red lights XD
no no no no and no

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You're the mod. You should be preaching.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it here, so if you want to go and rain on my parade PM me and flame the Conduit there.

EDIT: Having fun editing your post, Cashed?
Did you have fun submitting your post on your awesome 56k? :D

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Did you have fun submitting your post on your awesome 56k? :D
Yeah. 56k is fun, really. Are you having fun trolling the regular members? But whatever. I don't want to continue this here. I'm not going to respond to you, unless it's in a PM because I don't want this thread to get locked.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, we should get this back on topic so it doesn't get locked.

After looking into it, MAG looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan of FPSs, but still. 256 online is pretty awesome.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
After looking into it, MAG looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge fan of FPSs, but still. 256 online is pretty awesome.
Same. But, is 256 the actual number? I think it is, but I'm not sure. I tried looking, but I couldn't find anything.

Does anybody remember the actual amount?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Same. But, is 256 the actual number? I think it is, but I'm not sure. I tried looking, but I couldn't find anything.

Does anybody remember the actual amount?
I think it is, too. I'm not entirely sure, I'll try to look it up.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ps3 has a decent line-up, I'm looking forward to Dark Void, it seems like a nice mix of shooting and adventure, the Devs said they don't want to create false freedom so the jetpack should be fully use-able throughout the whole game.

Whoever said Conduit's graphics look like something on a 360 needs to stop watching videos on youtube [it kills a lot of the graphics], Conduits graphics look like [the first] Xbox's graphics at best, the Wii is just not strong enough to push the processing power 360 and PS3 have.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Thanks. I wasn't exactly sure because I hadn't payed much attention to Sony's conference.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
MAG sounds a lot like Huxley [in terms of number of players], I guess I'll go check it out and see what it's about since a friend of mine and I have been dreaming about playing against hundreds of players simultaneously.

By the way, is there any word about RE5 going to PC like RE4 did?

EDIT: After playing Runescape [in my defense, my PC is about 8 years old and has never been upgraded hardware-wise] I'm all MMORPG'd out. I've come to the conclusion that MMORPGs are all about who can spend the most hours on the game and not about skill [or fun]. Maybe I've had bad experience with Runescape but I can't really see how developers can make it more about skill instead of time seeing as the two are heavily reliant on each other.

Sorry about my slow responses, my PC keeps freezing up on me.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It'll probably happen. From what was shown at E3, I'd say RE5 impressed me the most graphically. The lighting, textures, particle effects... they're all just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom