• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies has a new thread. It should be above this one in the tournament list

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
can't hold it next weekend because of exams ...... we would be told to leave. But on the bright side, it looks like the christmas thing is happening at Josh's house. So at least there's that to look to.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
well I selected this date when Steve had his posted for the 8th. So I decided to do mine 2 wks after Snap's.

God damn it steve making this so difficult for me!

But I'm willing to move mine back; however, I would like to know how many people are going to these. If most of the people in the Raleigh area can't go, then I will most likely keep the date the same. Like I honestly doubt people will be going to both of them so it seems like the 29th would still be a good day. That would average to like 2 tourneys for the month for most people.

........and I'm kinda being selfish too cause I won't be able to make it to either of their tourneys (won't be in school at that time....which means I'm 6 hours away from them)...and I don't want to go over 2 months with no smash :(

But lemme know what everyone thinks about the date. If a majority of people are going to have a hard time making it to the tourneys in charlotte, then I may keep the date. However, if most of the people are absolutely sure they will be going to those tourneys, then I can move the date back.

Cutz

Smash Rookie
So which tournament is where? There are three tournaments for Jan 15th, 22th, and 29th yes? All Brawl, I assume. I'm interested in entering the tourny scene with a friend and am looking forward to improving and having great matches. :D

stingers

Smash Obsessed
where are you from, cutz? there are two on the 8th and 15th in charlotte, then one here on the 29th at duke. and on the 22nd there is a melee tournament at duke.

Cutz

Smash Rookie
I live in Jacksonville, on the east coast. But I'm willing to travel 4 hours or so to get to any tournaments so any Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill and other places are great for me.

My friend just so happens to live in Durham, so I can easily pick him up on the way to any tournaments.

So Charlotte on the 8th and 15th, and then 29th in Duke(In Durham right?). Sounds awesome.

This would be the tournament on the 8th yes?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290344

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Hey Cutz I host these at Duke but I am actually from EI. So if you wanna play over the break, just lemme know. Otherwise, I'll see you the 29th.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he edited it right as you posted that too.

i like this cutz kid. i figure he might have potential.

wish he played melee :(

edit: oh**** he lives in jacksonville. well, i'm in wilmington for the break myself. i still don't really play any brawl...but you can still come over and chat and i'll spam tornado so as to look like i play brawl, if you want.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
he edited it right as you posted that too.

i like this cutz kid. i figure he might have potential.

wish he played melee :(

edit: oh**** he lives in jacksonville. well, i'm in wilmington for the break myself. i still don't really play any brawl...but you can still come over and chat and i'll spam tornado so as to look like i play brawl, if you want.
with that strategy....you'll be power ranked before you know it ;)

lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
with that strategy....you'll be power ranked before you know it ;)

lol
it was workin on you the one time i played...

once i figure out how to work his glide, and land from shuttle loop without ****loads of lag, it's on like donkey kong.

except i never plan on putting that much work into brawl soooo never :oneeye:

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
it was workin on you the one time i played...

once i figure out how to work his glide, and land from shuttle loop without ****loads of lag, it's on like donkey kong.

except i never plan on putting that much work into brawl soooo never :oneeye:
i mean........ it worked for 30 seconds

........on my zelda......lol

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
says the...zelda main?
lol I've not mained zelda since may.

Most of the time when I use Zelda I use her best move (i.e. down b).

Falco/MK main.

edit: but god do I love Zelda. She's like my favorite character. Too bad she's balls. lol

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
You haven't seen ED play...
I'm assuming he is a good zelda.

I've seen good Zelda's. Riot, DarkMusician....well the list stops there.

I would go back to maining her if NC wasn't full of MKs. That MU is a joke. Listed as 75:25. Played like 90:10. that single character makes me hate using her. And NC is full of em. LOL

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
LMAO HE DOES SNAP!!!

Check this vid ZR
cool vid Kadaj........oh wait

but I looked him up youtube. He has a very interesting playstyle. Uses a lot of tp cancels. Impressive. Talking to DarkM, he told me that those are almost never viable in matches .

I think the thing separating me and him though is he is really good landing the sweetspot out of shield.

Top Bottom