• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
sry i just though this meant he wasnt comin :laugh:

i wanna do melee tho lol

plz dont base me being a TO on cot4, its behind us as u said

either way, this will be awesome. how about
brawl+ singles
then melee doubles
then melee singles

i just heard earlier another car of 3 ppl were coming but might not be there in time for the first event, so an extra 3 ppl helps. im sure we'l be fine
That only meant I was going to be P. Diddy as an astronaut fighting Godzilla. God, learn to read the subtext.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Chibo is doing fine. He hears most people wanna do Brawl+, so he makes Brawl+ a possibility lol.

Good ****, Chibo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
getting the 3 events on time wont be a prob

but i would rather the melee start a lil later since the extra ppl traveling up for it, and even 3 ppl helps, especially since its a cool group (ultimascout, bad, and sk47)

and a spawn said, since ppl want brawl+, then they will have the drive to make it to the venue on time. plus, we shouldnt ruin all the cool melee practice we get with brawl+ as the last event before spoc the next day lol

brawl+ will still be a free event with the $20 prize, so as many ppl as possible will enter.
unless everyone wants it to be standard $5 entry with 60 30 10 payouts. i just think ppl will like the idea of a free tourney to offset the $5 entry fee

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Free tourny ftw Chibo, lol. I'm going to find out from my ride, tomorrow, what time we're going to be leaving. I don't know if we'll get there for 5. :( I mean, it's a 4 hour drive. T_T We may hit rush hour traffic, never know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
who knows, if everything happens really fast, then we can either do another free brawl+ singles at the end, or maybe a brawl+ doubles. in the past when iv done melee at a biweekly it ends very fast

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Awesome. Can't wait for this/going to PA/SPOC. ^_^

Chibo, I heard you're pretty good with capture cards/recording devices. Could you help me with setting up livestream/some other things? I looked at the guide for livestream and have everything dl'd but it just won't work lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sure, im an AV master lol. just bring ur laptop and recording device if you have one and il show you everything. i should hopefully have time at the biweekly. if not we can at spoc. i wont be able to get internet for anyone at the biweekly... to get drexel wireless you need to be a student and register your computer/devices through the school prior to it.

if you dont have a capture card il just use mine and show you how to set it up, and you can use it during spoc if you dont have one, since i dont have a laptop right now that can record vids (my main laptop broke, my temp one (my old one) is terrible and cant do crap but basic web browsing lol (youtube is a stretch lol), and my new laptop is in the mail and wont get here by spoc :/)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm going to be bringing my capture card/laptop/mic. :D

Thanks. Does SPOC have wireless?

Rocann

Smash Lord
yes, usually most or all goes into his pocket, there might be some sort of rental fee for the venue but I don't think so

this time I imagine some would go into the prize for whatever tourney is free, though idk why we wouldn't pay to play

he's all about how TOs should get paid for what they do, which I don't completely disagree with for big tournaments

^^that's not to say he just keeps it all, afaik or am told, most goes back into funds to have crew stuff and other tourneys

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
:( @ the tourney being either Brawl + or Melee.

I'd really would be willing to come and possibly with Eazy if there's any normal Brawl singles going on.

I really don't play Melee or Brawl + at all so I'm not hating on them, I just don't play um.

Doesn't Brawl bring in more attendies anyway? Last time there was Brawl+ the tourney had to be free for people to actually play if I remember correctly.

Rocann

Smash Lord
That is due in part to that people came to play vBrawl and spent their money on that and didn't want to pour more into B+. I wish it was normal brawl and side B+, but the biweeklies have been straight Brawl for a really long time and SPOC is the next day and all, so yeah

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
were getting b+ done asap then switching it all to melee. no brawl lol

venue fee does not completely go to me. yes, i il admit i get a little bit of it, but theres prices for the venue, the free tourney (to offset the venue fee), the tos fund, and then a lil for me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes

though if u cant wait u can always follow my guide online... unless u need TP and stuff. what wii menu are u running

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Definately being brawl, ill take anyone upstairs to the 3rd floor if they wanna play brawl.

Edit: dangit, wrong venue.... I'll figure something out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea there wont be any brawl setups until unless theres time after melee

remember, bring a tv, and get free venue fee

i think we'l have 4 tvs, which isnt bad. itl be all brawl+ setup first, we'l breeze through that, then convert to melee and start that up

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
Can't make this though it'd be cool to play free Brawl+. And I suck at Melee. XP But it's all in good fun, I'm sure. Have fun everyone. ^^

skyheart

Smash Lord
I need to know about parking chibo, I've heard news from people that they've gotten towed by a scam towing company named George Smith Towing Inc. Is it safe to park near the tournament? This quite crucial considering it's going to affect spoc's attendance as well.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
here is the godly pakman parking post that was provided in the cot3/4 threads
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5928521&postcount=42

but pretty much, just look at the signs for wherever your parking. some will say no parking, there are some meters, there are some 2 hour parking, some free parking. also pay attention to the time its in effect, cause i kno a lot of places will become free parking after 8pm i think. if your not familiar with the streets mentioned in the post, just google map the venues address and you'll see them all around the venue.

also incase ppl are wondering i will be using the public beta 4.0 release of brawl+.
sorry .com, but no broken *** lucas in 4.1 that had no testing whatosever lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no, im not practiced in it lol
and as much as u dont play it ur mk and pit are still a threat

be at my apartment at like 3pm if possible tomorrow (only to rogue and .com, not to anyone else lol)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
double post for great justice and more info

if anyone can bring a homebrew enabled wii that would be amazing
im going to be a lil short on them unlike normally. i had to return gotm's wii i was borrowing and andyg wont be coming with his. right now im planning on having like 4 TVs and i have only 2 Wiis

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I would come to breakdance with ya Rogue Pit but I'm going to Emblem Lord's house today to practice SF4. I'll be smashing @ Kaylo's next weekend though.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
double post for great justice and more info

if anyone can bring a homebrew enabled wii that would be amazing
im going to be a lil short on them unlike normally. i had to return gotm's wii i was borrowing and andyg wont be coming with his. right now im planning on having like 4 TVs and i have only 2 Wiis

Me and self should have our wiis, but self may bring his tv down again fi someone can grab another wii

Self-kun

Smash Rookie
nah, my tv remote is gone so I can't use the vcr thus no console will work on it. i'll bring my wii though.

Top Bottom