• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Melee. Scar isn't gonna have another spoc until mid-late Febtober at earliest. We have to get some more melee tournies so the scene doesn't centralize around Alukard's biweeklies. I <3 alukard and his tournaments but I hate driving 2 hours each way to get to them.
And I hate asking Pakman for rides before anyone else does.

By the way, you going to the next one Pak? >_>

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
if you guys are playing melee ill show up if your playing brawl ill try to play i guess i suck at brawl but i vote melee

Shakugan,maybe im a lion

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I vote melee, because it's only fair. Melee is amazing and should be hosted as well. If you can do both go for it. Just bring more setups. But give melee a chance too. Just cuz the game takes skill doesn't mean you should shy away from it :D

Rocann

Smash Lord
I vote melee, because it's only fair. Melee is amazing and should be hosted as well. If you can do both go for it. Just bring more setups. But give melee a chance too. Just cuz the game takes skill doesn't mean you should shy away from it :D
the problem is that there's less interest in melee and switching off brawl - melee - brawl on a biweekly basis turns an awesome biweekly tournament into a monthly which is sad. nothing to do with people not wanting to play it because it takes skill

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
pakman does have a point, but they melee community never shows up. We get a crappy attendence, and its not really fun. And why not use Jan 30th for brawl since CoT4 is a week after. We never had a brawl tourny with less than 30 people. And brawl gets NJ to come

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
there were plenty of people that were excited about it who said they were coming, even knowing it was on haloween, and yet they all canceled. you were one of them, saying u were coming with tuar costumed up as bill and ted.

but when i theoretically think of who would come to the melee biweekly, there is barely anyone. the brawl biweeklies are bringing tons of new players, more competition, and even OOS attendance for a small friday night biweekly.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
^^ Exactly, there is no point for melee bi weeklies if the attendence will never get over 20 people. And we need Jan 30th since 1. There will be a lot more people for brawl since CoT4 is the weekend after and people want practice and 2. We actually get people to come, and who would come to the melee bi weekly
Scar, Pakman, Wind Owl, Me, Vex, Chibo, Cactuar, Prog, and Velocity? Thats boring as hell lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres also canismash, but im doubtful of even myself playing in it, but would since i wouldnt pay since im running it lol. while iv still gone through some melee spurts here and there for some months throughout the year, im getting the urge to play it less freuqently as time goes on, which also gives me less of a drive to host a event for it. im still willing to, but only if people will actually take advantage of it, which it seems not that many would.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
My life's ambition in this competitive scene is to do to Brawl what Scar did to Melee. Scar is so freaking good and so freaking manly at the same time and the stuff he does with Captain Falcon is beyond belief.

However, I'm going to have to vote Brawl. I have to learn to play manlier and I need all the practice I can get.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah I am probably gonna go to Sensei's anyway that weekend. Do what you will Chibo. But if you are gonna be less active in the Melee scene I would suggest giving control of the anmc to someone else.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im still completely interested in the anmc, its awesome, and i really wanna go along with it till the end. its just sorta on hold since theres no big smash tourneys to make a part of it

whiteboinoob

Smash Rookie
Nooo

No you can't stop the melee competitions. I was planning on showing up to the competition if it was melee. If its brawl I probably won't. I thought the point of bi-weeklies was to make it so we can enjoy both games?

Why not just keep it the way it is, or have it so there's a melee and a brawl competition at each event? Something for everyone to enjoy, so the crowd is larger.

after all larger crowd = larger cash pot

whiteboinoob

Smash Rookie

AGREED :chuckle:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Honestly, Scar, myself and Cactuar will probably all be at Sensei's fest. So it will probably be even worse then usual. My suggestion is to postpone Melee, but not get rid of it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Honestly, Scar, myself and Cactuar will probably all be at Sensei's fest. So it will probably be even worse then usual. My suggestion is to postpone Melee, but not get rid of it.
I like this idea, I still love melee and want melee biweeklies too, but attendence will probably get ***** if its melee because of sensei's tournament.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Yeah, plus with COT4 coming up it'll be cool to get some more practice... but I guess melee tourneys don't really do much but extend the wait 2 more weeks for the next tourney. Looks like it's up to TUSM and his crew to host philly brawl tourneys in between

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yeah, plus with COT4 coming up it'll be cool to get some more practice... but I guess melee tourneys don't really do much but extend the wait 2 more weeks for the next tourney. Looks like it's up to TUSM and his crew to host philly brawl tourneys in between
He actually has one on the 31st already

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
ok i guess we can go with that lol. Melee is a good game, but if the attendence is always low, it shouldn't be in brawls way, because we could easily get over 32 people for brawl. IMO we should give melee another chance, and if we keep on getting low attendences, i don't think its worth it

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the next one is brawl

il consider melee for future ones

btw the spectator fee is gone... but replaced with a mandatory $2 venue fee required for everyone lol

Top Bottom