• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreams...

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Since Zero's Dreams thread was about the ones you have when you're sleeping. I thought I'd make one about life aspirations (which is what I was feeling like talking about).

What was your aspiration as a kid, did it change upon adulthood/just growing up and do you still have a dream you are working towards?

I had all the usual dreams, a professional athlete, pro basketball player, pro baseball player blah blah blah. And have now come to the realisation that hits you when you're about 15/16 or so which is I will never be that. So now I've really had to knuckle down and work on trying to find a career, getting a degree and whatnot and am unsure of what I want to pursue.

What about you guys?

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i want do do almost everything in my life but instead there all there in dreams hahaha

i think for the most part i aspire to have an easy life... it's workin out so far

Sieg

Smash Champion
Racecar Driver.

AFL.

Cop.

Then I found Playstation in Year 4.

Still wouldn't mind those jobs though lol. I want to try alot of things atleast.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I know what you mean about that spur of despair that hits you at 15/16... What happened with me was I was watching some Olympic event and there was a 15 or 16 year old competing... I basically lost all hope of greatness :p

I can't remember what I aspired to be when I grew up...

Sieg

Smash Champion
Didn't have the money to actually enter professional racing at a young age, which was kinda ****.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Storm chasing mainly, plus being able to develop games. Since I'm too stupid and impatient to study for the latter, I storm chase on the odd occasion.

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't dream to be somthing and if i do i be it.

But when i was young i wanted to be a pilot yeah that has changed now.

Zero

Smash Hero
When I was a kid I dreamed of becoming a pro tennis player.

Now all I'm interested in is computers and I hope to pursue a career path there. Ideally in research. I'm no people person.

A funny thing about your aspirations is that they change so quickly. I was talking to a girl the other week who initially was studying Administration of some sort. A year into that she realised she "liked people better dead", and went into Forensic Science.

and I can wholly agree with that mentality, lolz.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I'd like you better dead.

I guess I just wanna make something that people will have fun with. Since I've always had fun with video games, I suppose that's why I wanted to make a game some day.

Back in year 10 I wanted to get into law but I didn't like the idea of protecting a guilty man.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
Racecar Driver.

AFL.

Cop.

Then I found Playstation in Year 4.

Still wouldn't mind those jobs though lol. I want to try alot of things atleast.
same concept for me seig but it happened while playing 64 smash mostly and rareware games

awesome avatar toki

kupo

Smash Lord
When I was little, I've always wanted to do anime/cartoon vocals.

Now?

I wish to sing (not perform). But asians cant sing! (mostly!)

(I'm only basing what I've seen on chinese cable TV (HK stuff). Most are fuggin' terrible and sound the same).

unreon

Smash Ace
I have two vivid aspirations I can remember as a kid:
- Zookeeper. I would still love to be one, although nowadays something a little more adult like a Marine Biologist.
- Nurse (lmao wtf). However, now I'm heading off to study in Doctor school so I'm guess that's a start :)

In high school, wanted to be a Forensic Investigator (watched too much CSI). Gave up on that pretty soon.

Nowadays I want to contribute to advancing scientific literacy in our general public, which can be horrendously poor.

So I'm juggling between being a doctor, being a marine biologist, or some kind of teacher/science writer.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
unreon wanted to be a juggler??

:X i dont wanna troll this thread and become a dream crusher, hitting u with the hard realities.

my girlfriend wanted to be a bird... lol

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Film director/ scriptwriter_ Went for it initially but the costs and lack of a solid film industry in WA kept me down_ Instead opted to work in Inudstrial, construction and mining for 5 years until the recession gave me my opportunity again_ Everything really fell into place for me last year and i'm now studying a bachelor of film production and having the time of my life finally making the dream a reality_

Also fortunate i have my fiance who is very very supporting (financially and emotionally)_

Top Bottom